Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,806 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara (12744 Views)

Calabar Rail Removed Because Amaechi Did Not Assist Saraki In CCT Trial-vanguard / Osinbajo, Saraki In Two-hour Closed-door Meeting / Jay Z Visits Bukola Saraki In Kwara (2006) - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by donphilopus: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2013

The national leadership of the All Progressives Party (APC), has handed over the party's structure in Kwara State to the immediate past governor of the state, Dr Bukola Saraki.

This was in tandem with the demand made by the state governor, Alh Abdulfatah Ahmed when APC's leaders came to Ilorin to woo him and members of the new PDP into their party.

Ahmed had told his visitors that Kwara had a winning political machinery in place which in the past four decades had dictated the political tune of the state and that Saraki was the state's political leader.

The interim state chairman of APC in the state, Rev. Bunmi Olusona made this known in Ilorin, the state capital yesterday at a news conference.

"Although we are yet to confirm or be fully briefed by the national headquarters of our party that Senator Saraki has been given a lifeline by handing over the APC structure in Kwara to him, but to this effect we have already written an official letter to the national headquarters of our party detailing our position on the issue,"he stated.

Olusona, however, described as frustrating the confirmation of the development by the APC's interim national publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

He quoted Mohammed to have told the party's fact finding delegation that "already the party structure which we laboured hard to build had been ceded to Saraki and his group and that there was nothing anybody could do except what Saraki wishes for our people."

He added that any aggrieved member had a choice of either leaving the party or accept the arrangement.

Olusona said that it was in an effort to ensure the advancement of the party that an 8-man Interim Executive Committee was appointed last weekend to oversee its affairs.

DO YOU NEED THE SOURCE? IF YES, CLICK HERE
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Unblockable: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2013
Ok!
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by jeron1(m): 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
booked

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by donphilopus: 4:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
Unblockable: Ok!
Yea!
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by AntidaftMOD: 4:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Should I call this a lie?? What'll Belgore say??
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by donphilopus: 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by taharqa: 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
The HYPOCRISY of APC stinks to high heavens....#spitsindisgust

21 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Firefire(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2013
I begin to wonder what progressive is all about.
Can looters be progressive?
Can people whose rule has become too controversial be said to be progressive? Like that of Bukola Saraki.
I am yet to understand the shout of progressive and the aim of the propaganda if not to win election in 2015 by all means.
Even if Ibori is release next week from jail he would also join APC and be called Progressive.
Interesting episode.
Only time will tell.

13 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by baby124: 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
This is a disappointment. Saraki should be a persona non grata in any party. Kwara has so much potential and needs to be released from Saraki's grip.

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by acethean(m): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
so if gej joins APC he will be given the national party structure and even the presidential ticket. At this point i have come to a conclusion that Apc is Pdp and both have the same agenda of lootin the country dry. this is the same saraki family that have impose themselve on kwara people and have looted them dry. i don't see any change or progressive Apc is preaching about.

4 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by duni04(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sad day for the people of Kwara state. So there's no longer an opposition party in kwara state? The PDP now has the Carte blanche to chop as much as they can and do nothing. The only losers here are the people of kwara state. Very sad day for the state.

2 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hmmm
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by talktimi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
I remember some of the romantic words the ACN used in describing Saraki and his dad back then grin what changed ?

3 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by jmaine: 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2013
talktimi: I remember some of the romantic words the ACN used in describing Saraki and his dad back then grin what changed ?

Politics

3 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by vizboy(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2013
progressive.

And the looting continues
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by talktimi(m): 7:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
jmaine:

Politics
but this is hilarious, cant the APC say something and stand for what they believe in ?
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by kokoA(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
You guys must understand something.. You can't win an election in Kwara without Saraki's endorsement. Never! I don't blame the APC, I'd rather blame Kwarans.. That family has a hold on them and they enjoy it. It's very strange to me. One of my close friends back in the university who is a Kwaran almost slapped me the day I said something negative about Saraki. I was shocked shocked . Saraki is like a religion in Kwara.. D tin dey surprise me o.

3 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
APC WE ARE WATCHING.WE ARE ANALISING HOW PROGRESIVE YOU ARE.WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2013
PDP has lost Kwara forever.
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
VICTORCIZA: APC WE ARE WATCHING.WE ARE ANALISING HOW PROGRESIVE YOU ARE.WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME
I have stopped wasting my Time !

Lets see when their ''Change'' will become effective ...... !!

Very soon, APC will be Harmonised into PDP ViceVersa !!

Where is the Opposition-Nonsensical Yeye !!

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Olugbenger(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Nice development. If the APC is to transform Kwara, victory must be certain first.

I wish them the best. cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Good move
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by JohnFrankling(m): 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2013
Apc is not even different from the pdp they want to replace

2 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by jhidey08(m): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
kokoA: You guys must understand something.. You can't win an election in Kwara without Saraki's endorsement. Never! I don't blame the APC, I'd rather blame Kwarans.. That family has a hold on them and they enjoy it. It's very strange to me. One of my close friends back in the university who is a Kwaran almost slapped me the day I said something negative about Saraki. I was shocked shocked . Saraki is like a religion in Kwara.. D tin dey surprise me o.
so u're using 1 person 2 judge all kwarans nw? U're so daft!

1 Like

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by kokoA(m): 9:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
jhidey08: so u're using 1 person 2 judge all kwarans nw? U're so daft!
Dude, you really need some good home training okay? What's with the insult? And who told you he's the only Kwaran I know? When it comes to politics in the north-central where I come from you are poles behind me okay? I just sighted that example because of how shock I was. If you can show me one political office holder from Kwara that's not loyal to Saraki then I will accept I am daft, else the insult is on you my boy grin

3 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Dannylux: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2013
I keep saying this; the devil we know is better than the angels we don't.

Say No To APC

2 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by LMAyedun(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2013
Okay!
I dey watch, because Saraki will fail.
I've said it and I will say it again.. APC isn't any better.. APC can't safe Nigeria.
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by dridowu: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2013
belgore go vex
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by jmaine: 10:20am On Dec 17, 2013
talktimi: but this is hilarious, cant the APC say something and stand for what they believe in ?

Shows how consistent they are in their inconsistency grin

6 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Billygee2u: 10:25am On Dec 17, 2013
who can bet me? "If APC win presidential election 2015,let Nairaland delete my account,but if PDP win, NAiraland will delete your Account".Who will bet?
Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by free2ryhme: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2013
I am scared for dis country undecided

2 Likes

Re: APC Hands Over Party Structures To Saraki In Kwara by Brimmie(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There Will Be Trouble If Buhari Approves $1bn Without NASS - Rimande Shawulu / P&ID: Heads May Roll – Malami / PDP Accuses Akeredolu Of "Abuse Of Office" Over Son’s Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.