Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. (34144 Views)

A Wife Sent Her Hubby A Shocking Birthday Message After Beating Her Mercilessly / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 18, 2013

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

his objective is to take care of his wife got me laughing - why can't a feminist take care of herself? maybe he's not interested in rushing to have kids yet or is there a law that says a woman must start popping babies out a month after her wedding?
o,so in your own world,they dont plan ahead of time. For example is it not when the woman is pregnant they start buying baby things,abi is it when she has delivered,mr husband will start rushing around to buy baby cloth,towel,feeder etc.i didnt know when you about to marry,you wont plan ahead for your future and put things in place.

Yes,we cant see ahead of the future,at least no one knows what will happen tomorrow but at least plan for tomorrow so that when the wind blows,you still have something hanging on.

I also encourage women to be financially INDEPENDENT,MARRIED OR NOT MARRIED.it is very possible to be financially independent while adding value to your partner.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 10:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

why cant she add value to him too?

If she adds her 60-70k to his 60-70k is that not 120-140K per month?

Will she be adding 60-70k and still be sent back to the village?

We cant have our cake and eat it.

that's the definition of feminism. grin

kulyie: o,so in your own world,they dont plan ahead of time. For example is it not when the woman is pregnant they start buying baby things,abi is it when she has delivered,mr husband will start rushing around to buy baby cloth,towel,feeder etc.i didnt know when you about to marry,you wont plan ahead for your future and put things in place.

Yes,we cant see ahead of the future,at least no one knows what will happen tomorrow but at least plan for tomorrow so that when the wind blows,you still have something hanging on.

I also encourage women to be financially INDEPENDENT,MARRIED OR NOT MARRIED.it is very possible to be financially independent while adding value to your partner.

you have 2 choices.....

find a young man that is just starting so you guys can build together. most marriages started with both parties struggling financially to pull things.

the alternative is to find a billionaire who would treat you like crap & send you to the village. you have told us he's very rich & he's spoilt for exotic choices of women. you didn't help him build his fortunes so he could care less about you.

kulyie - option 1 or 2? grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

https://www.nairaland.com/1558990/need-wife-get-married-2014#20310020
madam chaircover,go back and read that thread,it is like you peeps are misconstuing my posts or misinterpreting it

i am saying that both of them should add value to each other,no one should be a parasite to the other,when the man has,he should drop,when the woman has,she should drop.both of them should do rub my back i rub your back

I AM NOT ADVOCATING THAT ANY WOMAN SHOULD BE A LIABILITY,PEST OR PARASITE TO ANY MAN,IT SHOULD BE A MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP,DO FOR ME,I DO FOR YOU.2 OF THEM SHOULD ADD VALUE TO EACH OTHER,I HOPE YOU GUYS GET ME NOW.

SHE IS A HELP MATE OR HELPER,NOT A PEST!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

feminism is not selfishness or a one way road mister!
Go back,take a deep breadth,swallow a cold glass of water,read and comprehend my post again,jeez!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 10:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: feminism is not selfishness or a one way road mister!
Go back,take a deep breadth,swallow a cold glass of water,read and comprehend my post again,jeez!

kulyie the feminist. cool
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

you have 2 choices.....

find a young man that is just starting so you guys can build together. most marriages started with both parties struggling financially to pull things.

the alternative is to find a billionaire who would treat you like crap & send you to the village. you have told us he's very rich & he's spoilt for exotic choices of women. you didn't help him build his fortunes so he could care less about you.

kulyie - option 1 or 2?

coogar,take it easy,i am not ileobatojo

i am saying it should be a mutual relationship were both partners put whatever they have down to make things work,i am not for one person giving it all while the other is a leech who sucks the man dry neither am i saying a woman cannot go for a starter

my point is why cant he be a little more patient,let him be established,then with the little he has,he can put down and with the little she has,she too can add,that way,they add value to each other till they become great.mr a impacted in the life of mrs b,mrs b also impacted in the life of mr a.when mr a is down financially,she should give a helping hand,when mrs b too is down,he too should give a hand but the guy should just chill a little.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Daresh(f): 10:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
I agree. Very good.

Slasha!:
Even though it sounds funny and embarrasing,I think he did a good a thing in sending them their living daughter to re-train than inviting them to bury her un-trained corpse after giving her a life-taking beating

1 Like

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

kulyie the feminist. cool
coogar the african chauvenist :p

so have you drank a cold glass of water with ice cubes in it?wink
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: coogar,take it easy,i am not ileobatojo

what's this supposed to mean? grin

i am saying it should be a mutual relationship were both partners put whatever they have down to make things work,i am not for one person giving it all while the other is a leech who sucks the man dry neither am i saying a woman cannot go for a starter

and this is the reason we are saying your advice was flawed. 1 + 1 = 2. if his wife adds little to his own little, they would get by. if the poster you advised is a woman, you wouldn't advise her to work a bit more before marrying - that's the hypocrisy we are talking about.

my point is why cant he be a little more patient,let him be established,then with the little he has,he can put down and with the little she has,she too can add,that way,they add value to each other till they become great.mr a impacted in the life of mrs b,mrs b also impacted in the life of mr a.when mr a is down financially,she should give a helping hand,when mrs b too is down,he too should give a hand but the guy should just chill a little.

except that you wouldn't have advised a woman to work a bit more before considering marriage, would you?
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

Having children and getting married are 2 different things

My children did not start school the day I married

I have shared on this forum before . . when my husband and I first got married we struggled financially . . .many new couples do struggle and they grow together. Many rich people you see today started off with humble beginnings. Many lived in rented flats before building their own houses.

I saw a good hardworking man with potential; If were to have looked at his pocket then, then I would have lost one of the best blessings in my life.

I repeat a good hardworking man earning 60-70K has every right to get married . . .to a good woman sef and any woman who throws that away simply because of what his wages are today is making a great mistake.
chaircover,i refuse to allow you misconstrue my real INTENTIONS.
I am not saying a starter cannot get married,let him at least CHILL JUST A LITTLE BIT AND SET THINGS STRAIGHT LIKE PUTTING THE BASICS TOGETHER E.G GETTING A STABLE JOB.EVEN IF THEY PAY HIM 5NAIRA PER MONTH,ITS STILL COOL SO FAR IT IS STABLE.AFTER THEN,THE WIFE CAN COME INTO THE PICTURE,COMPLEMENT HIS EFFORTS AND MAKE THINGS WORK

SECONDLY,I AM NOT SAYING A WOMAN CANNOT MARRY A STARTER,BUT NOT EVERY WOMAN THINKS LIKE THAT.SOME DONT MIND MARRYING A STARTER AND BUILDING THINGS UP,I AM NOT SAYING HE CANNOT FIND THEM,IT WILL TAKE THE GRACE OF GOD ESPECIALLY IN OUR CENTURY.

finding a woman that will agree to marry and complement a starter is like looking for a virgin in a brothel.

Its not easy,but it is possible.he will need to be prayerful though.you get my drift now ?smiley :*8-)
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by babygirlfl: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

So a man earning 60K-70k a month should not marry . . . . shocked shocked

Then you now wonder why a man earning 5 million a month man cannot send the woman back home to her parents when he is fed up of her. . .

Sisi Kulyie dont let real hard core feminists see what you wrote o! tongue grin

@ chaircover I usually love reading your posts but I think sometimes you take things too far. One thing to know is that you might be lucky to have a good husband but not all men are good. Now back to my reply

In marriage, women usually go for men that can take care of them and their children while men go for women who are well behaved, beautiful etc. I know most of us don't support a woman that leaves the man or misbehaves because the man is not able to provide at any period. The same way we should make men tolerate some things about women too. The problem these days is that men can't tolerate but expect women to tolerate and bear with them. We even have women too who their husbands are tolerating coming to talk down on another woman that the husband can't tolerate.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

what's this supposed to mean? grin

and this is the reason we are saying your advice was flawed. 1 + 1 = 2. if his wife adds little to his own little, they would get by. if the poster you advised is a woman, you wouldn't advise her to work a bit more before marrying - that's the hypocrisy we are talking about.

except that you wouldn't have advised a woman to work a bit more before considering marriage, would you?
both a man and a woman should get themselves established INDIVIDUALLY before they can impact in each other as a couple,thats my POINT!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:
The problem with this section is that there is a lot of gender bashing and a lot of "them" and "us" and sometimes we loose track of reality. There is nothing called gender equality and the earlier we get over that the easier it will be for everyone. A man had an affair in the open and he is patted on the back; a woman tries the same thing and she is called a whorre.

kulyie & her female army are trying to correct that inequality. from next year, a woman that has an affair openly would be getting patted on the back for a mission well carried out. grin

kulyie: both a man and a woman should get themselves established INDIVIDUALLY before they can impact in each other as a couple,thats my POINT!

nice! grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by babygirlfl: 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

I am trying to correlate your post with my post that you quoted but I am struggling . . . .

Firstly not all men are good and not all men are bad . . .same goes for women.

The problem with this section is that there is a lot of gender bashing and a lot of "them" and "us" and sometimes we loose track of reality. There is nothing called gender equality and the earlier we get over that the easier it will be for everyone. A man had an affair in the open and he is patted on the back; a woman tries the same thing and she is called a whorre.

Was it luck that led me to a good man? maybe yes, maybe no, but what i do know is that we have both made our own share of sacrifices and continue to do so.

When I share my experiences on here, it is not to "show off"; infact I play a lot of things down. My aim is for people to be able to pick one or two things up and gain from it for good. I dont like seeing people unhappy in their relationships.

No marriage is a bed of roses, and if both parties want to have a happy marriage they both have to sacrifice a lot. Its never always black and white and I can reel off heaps of story's where married couples are not following the norm, such as women holding the financial fort while the man goes back to school or men holding the home fort while the wife works
[quote author=chaircover]

I am not involved in gender issues because most people simply do not know how to talk about it without issues. What I am for is marriage that is in partnership. That a man gets a pat in the back after cheating does not make it right or acceptable.

I am a happily married woman and I tell younger men and women that partnership is the best way to go. I know your aim is for people to pick things up but sometimes you really come across as a show off.

You were right when you said both parties have to sacrifice a lot. As a married woman, that is what I know and that is what I preach and that is why I will never support a man send his wife back to her parents. Please teach the right things and stick to that.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Jman06(m): 11:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
kmcutez: I swear for nigeria to move forward, we need to kill 99% of the men, and leave the remaining 1% that can be salvaged to repopulate the land.
You are just a brainless little child. Imbe!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Jman06: You are just a brainless little child. Imbe!
please please please,no name calling cheesy

we are all adults here 8-)
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

kulyie & her female army are trying to correct that inequality. from next year, a woman that has an affair openly would be getting patted on the back for a mission well carried out. grin

nice! grin

so you can be cool like this? grin where you come put your gentle manly behaviour when you dey behave like aggressive lion

to your first paragraph,its back in the days where they say women having more than one boyfriend is a LovePeddler.this days you will see a married woman having more than one boyfriend.was it not the other day one small boy commited suicide because his sugar mummy dumped him.i can bet my 5 naira that that sugar mumy has a husband.

Go and sit in female circles particularly in hostels or where ladies are plenty and hear them boast about how many guys they have dated and slept with,of which they do their thing openly and this days no one cares not to mention open marriages

things have changed and times have changed.its during my grandmas period that they say a girl having or dating more than one guy is a LovePeddler,now they do it openly and its called CHOICE
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by babygirlfl: 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

nice! grin

Cougar,
Please I am not here to correct inequality. It will happen naturally. In my earlier post I said people are brought up to see it as normal and we cannot change their belief. What I do know (or at least pray for) is that things get better. Some time ago, women were not sent to school. Today that practice is reduced. I don't try to change peoples stance on that.Please I am not here for trouble. I think one of the problems we have in nairaland is that people are so biased that when you disagree with something you are given a name.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 11:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
kulyie: so you can be cool like this? grin where you come put your gentle manly behaviour when you dey behave like aggressive lion

stop that child's play, biko.
cool ke? you are lucky my team won tonight. i was hoping i would take your feminist soul out of your body tonight but your day of reckoning is nigh!
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by tintingz(m): 11:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
chaircover:

I am trying to correlate your post with my post that you quoted but I am struggling . . . .

Was it luck that led me to a good man? maybe yes, maybe no, but what i do know is that we have both made our own share of sacrifices and continue to do so.

When I share my experiences on here, it is not to "show off"; infact I play a lot of things down. My aim is for people to be able to pick one or two things up and gain from it for good. I dont like seeing people unhappy in their relationships.

No marriage is a bed of roses, and if both parties want to have a happy marriage they both have to sacrifice a lot. Its never always black and white and I can reel off heaps of story's where married couples are not following the norm, such as women holding the financial fort while the man goes back to school or men holding the home fort while the wife works
A woman just said this @bold cheesy *dancing kukere*

greatly interesting! cheesy
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2013
coogar:

stop that child's play, biko.
cool ke? you are lucky my team won tonight. i was hoping i would take your feminist soul out of your body tonight but your day of reckoning is nigh!

' you are lucky my team won' please who are the people doing competition with you.are we playing football,basket ball,tennis,volley ball,swimming competion or what?

Orisirisi

your day of reckoning will be nigh grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 12:01am On Dec 19, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by babygirlfl: 12:13am On Dec 19, 2013
chaircover:

Sorry if I come accorss as a show off as that is not the intention, certainly not to faceless individuals who will pass me in the street and not recognise me. Just this evening I admitted that when I first got married we struggled financially. I say it as it is and I share real life experiences and I see things through my own spectacles.

If you also read my posts very carefully I am not really talking to people already in marriages, I am actually talking to people who are about to take the plunge. They are the ones who are most vulnerable.

I dont cry over split milk . . what is done is done. I go the step forward of looking at the root of the problem and tacking it from there. In this particular case the woman is already in the village. No matter what we say, she is already there and the deed done.
My initial post if I remember correctly was to advise women and men to learn the art of effective communication and my subsequent posts were over Kulyie comments about a man earning N60k which she has since clarified.

we all have different styles and views of things. I share with people what worked/works for us. By all means share what works for you. People with then pick what works for them assuming that they pick anything at all.

@ chaircover,
I totally understand you and if you read my first post, you will see that I said that I love reading you posts and that is because a lot of them makes sense. You are trying to teach the right thing. I know that because I read a lot of your posts. However coming to a topic where a man sent his wife to be retrained to say things like nothing like gender equality might make some men feel that it is right to do that even though it's not exactly what you meant. It could easily be interpreted as we are not equals so I can send my wife to the village when she misbehaves. Chaircover, I know what you stand for and that is good communication between couples and that is why I want you to stick to it. You are one person in nairaland that I respect maybe that's why I had to say all this. I know a lot of people respect your view too in this forum and that is why I am asking that you kindly continue your good work without taking a side. I sincerely hope you take this with good faith.
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 19, 2013
chaircover:

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 19, 2013
chaircover:

Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by coogar: 12:19am On Dec 19, 2013
chaircover:

sha let ileoba catch you there frolicking with coogar tongue grin

shhhhhhhh.....ileoba has gone to bed. grin
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 19, 2013
Re: My Wife Needs To Be Re-trained, Then I Sent Her Back To Her Parents. by Nobody: 12:39am On Dec 19, 2013
chaircover:

before the 70s,in some parts of the world,women couldnt vote,women couldnt go to school,womens job was only in the kitchen and making babies,but now women are being educated,women can vote,women occupy key political and economic positions all over our world today,but before that happened,it took just one woman to set the pace.female education and voting seemed impossible and unrealistic then but today,its not just a fact,its a reality,so who told you 'gender equality is not possible'.if female voting and acess to equal education is possible now,which seemed stoopid then,which also looked impossible and women fighting for an unreasonable and baseless cause,you or i as a woman will probably be an illiterate who will be cooking and making babies somewhere

of course i wont argue with you on that,but read up ( if you want to)

people like martin luther fought for a cause and won,mandela fought for a cause and won,simeone de beauvoir fought for a cause and the results is what we are seeing,women beyond their sexuality,that is why society can see you beyond just cooking for your husband and making babies.of course that is your marital responsibility,but thats not all to you,you have a brain,you have potentials.

If people like de beauvoir didnt stand up for women there will be no educational equality,so who told you there cant be gender equality? If it doesnt happen in this generation,it will definetly happen in the next,but it will certainly happen,just a matter of time like job opportunities were not exclusively by your gender but what you have up stairs and how you can add value

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

My Husband Left Us / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / My Mother-In-Law Buried My Son's Placenta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.