Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (489134 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Abdulasod: having an issue here bros.....
as regards the submission of financial validation and recommendation forms to be attached to the nomination email,are we to submit the one included in the application form o
Abdulasod:
having an issue here bros.....
as regards the submission of financial validation and recommendation forms to be attached to the nomination email,are we to submit the one included in the application form or the separate ones?

just th- s-p-rat- 1s.r the separate ones?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
I noticed the MSU app has three spaces for addresses:

- Permanent address
- Temporary (Current) mailing address
- Permanent non-US address

The problem is I have two addresses, I and my family live at one and the other belongs to a family friend, that's where we receive our mails.

How do I station this? I don't want to make a mistake because from what I understand, the "permanent address" clause refers to where the applicant is living and the "temporary current mailing address" clause is where the applicant would like to receive mails.

...and is SAT compulsory for MSU?

Bikonu, my alobams! Make Una help your boy. Anya mmiri ejugo'm anya! cry
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Sunnycent(m): 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Graviton2: I noticed the MSU app has three spaces for addresses:

- Permanent address

The problem is I have two addresses, I and my family live at one and the other belongs to a family friend, that's where we receive our mails.

How do I station this? I don't want to make a mistake because from what I understand, the "permanent address" clause refers to where the applicant is living and the "temporary current mailing address" clause is where the applicant would like to receive mails.

anyway i happen to come by mmr graviton
I applied to asu before though i later canceled it but on the first of this month i received an air mail from asu stating they've received my app though looking forward to reviewing it but when i logged in it was already canceled sha. my point is this. fill out an address where you think you can get an air mail. when i filled mine i just wrote my normal area street state country and 234001 as postal code or 100282 for Ikeja. that was all and i was located!!! unbelievable to me! so just fill in the key areas.

IELTS or TOEFL can be substituted for the SATs for MSU.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sunnycent: anyway i happen to come by mmr graviton
I applied to asu before though i later canceled it but on the first of this month i received an air mail from asu stating they've received my app though looking forward to reviewing it but when i logged in it was already canceled sha. my point is this. fill out an address where you think you can get an air mail. when i filled mine i just wrote my normal area street state country and 234001 as postal code or 100282 for Ikeja. that was all and i was located!!! unbelievable to me! so just fill in the key areas.

IELTS or TOEFL can be substituted for the SATs for MSU.

So in plain terms, I should use just one of the addresses which I think will be more easier to locate and send mails to? The address I used to receive my IELTS and SAT is not the address where I live, it's the family friend's. Is it okay if I put that one? (That's what I have been using)

Thank God for IELTS. *sighs*
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
- Permanent address
- Permanent address
My suggestion: for me, i have known permanent address as your hometown address or the address of your permanent residence like fathers house which can not change and thats what i write although in this applications, i have been using my tempory address as my permanent address reason being that my perm. Is so remote and i doubt it can be located....then, i see temp. Address as address as your present residence which can also be your perm. Address if you live there presently and it is where you will be recievin your mails, so make sure it can be located and you know the postal code of the area.....thats my take on address issue....finally, i think msu requires both sat and toefl and even if they dont make it compulsory or make it optional, my dear, take and include them oh, because it certainly can increase your chance of being admitted or gettin the scholarship especially wen you score high in them ...thanks
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Permanent or temporary, Biko were nke mail ga eji eru gi aka oo.

Gospel any news yet?

Anyway postal code ain't important, shit ain't work in nigeria, I used just my street address and I got all the mail (from Mcgill n ASU) though you will get them three months after they av been sent, lol, 9ja is bleeped up.

Anyway all vital documents will be sent to you via email, so don't worry yaself!

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gospel367... what's your Major self?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please someone help!!!

What is the exchange rate of One Canadian Dollar to Naira??
and
What is the postal code of Port Harcourt, Rivers state??

Please i need ur replies ASAP, thnkxxz
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
GabbyKelly: Please someone help!!!

What is the exchange rate of One Canadian Dollar to Naira??
and
What is the postal code of Port Harcourt, Rivers state??

Please i need ur replies ASAP, thnkxxz

If your filling Mcgill's application, I think using US dollars is better.
Forget postal code ish, just put 000 000, it ain't necessary but if you insist just google (river state has no definite postal code, it varies based on your location, e.g oil mill, garrison blah blah)
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
Nothin yet, but am however goin on with my applications....whether they reply or not, i will still get the scholarship....ehem, i tried fillin the ubc nomination package in adobe reader but it was not workin....it cant be filled or edited.why?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gospel367: Nothin yet, but am however goin on with my applications....whether they reply or not, i will still get the scholarship....ehem, i tried fillin the ubc nomination package in adobe reader but it was not workin....it cant be filled or edited.why?

The fault should be from the system you used, use a system with a later version of Adobe reader and you should be fine. (shit happened to me last year with UofT application)

About USAP, seems you have other alternatives to reg for the test, well you should consider time while you wait (esp SAT) coz your test date has gotta be no later than december.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 11:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
hei!! All dis cyber cafe wey de use outdated adobe reader.. .well, we will know what to do.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gospel367: hei!! All dis cyber cafe wey de use outdated adobe reader.. .well, we will know what to do.

In another news, just convert the file to MS DOC, fill it up and then re-convert to PDF, simple kowei!

What's your Majors? grin

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 11:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
How do one do the conversion, i am not computer savvy...my major is electrical and computer engineering and if there is choice of minor, i will go for political science or international relations if possible....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Gospel367: How do one do the conversion, i am not computer savvy...my major is electrical and computer engineering and if there is choice of minor, i will go for political science or international relations if possible....

Huh? Big big majors lol.
Well the minor issue will be when you arrive there sha.
Just google that online and you will see list of websites that will convert it for you.
All you will do is: just upload and click convert!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Kesterkendra(m): 12:13am On Sep 16, 2014
D essays no b here o
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 12:21am On Sep 16, 2014
Kesterkendra: D essays no b here o

Hehehehe
Which university?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 12:24am On Sep 16, 2014
Gospel367: Nothin yet, but am however goin on with my applications....whether they reply or not, i will still get the scholarship....ehem, i tried fillin the ubc nomination package in adobe reader but it was not workin....it cant be filled or edited.why?
use foxic reader
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 12:26am On Sep 16, 2014

use pdf editor
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 12:38am On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks, guys! I think I will use only the family friend's address, it is the most accessible address. I will have to exempt my personal address. Una do well!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 12:46am On Sep 16, 2014

UBC provoked me! They didn't offer my major. I'm now applying under Economics. God dey!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 2:02am On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=chrisviral][/quote]
I can't understand you bro...
I think you know that we have three forms...
1. application form(which includes both recommendation form and financial validation form).
2.recommendation form
3.financial validation form
my question is: which of the forms are we going to include in our nomination email for McGill application?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Kesterkendra(m): 6:24am On Sep 16, 2014
chrisviral:

Hehehehe
Which university?
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERsity
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2014
Abdulasod:
I can't understand you bro...
I think you know that we have three forms...
1. application form(which includes both recommendation form and financial validation form).
2.recommendation form
3.financial validation form
my question is: which of the forms are we going to include in our nomination email for McGill application?

2 and 3 should be submitted by your teacher alongside the nomination email.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:06am On Sep 16, 2014
Kesterkendra: ARIZONA STATE UNIVERsity

Well take your time, those ain't even essays per say, it just for your to write about events you have gone through.... just take your time.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 10:44am On Sep 16, 2014
Chriviral, I still havent started applyn. wanted to find out something After I click on the link you posted, I have to click on the course PH which takes me to the department and apply rite? would it be known dt i am applyn under d mscf scholarship? cos when it takes me to d page, all I see is d normal application route for all students.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 11:26am On Sep 16, 2014
WhyNa: Chriviral, I still havent started applyn. wanted to find out something After I click on the link you posted, I have to click on the course PH which takes me to the department and apply rite? would it be known dt i am applyn under d mscf scholarship? cos when it takes me to d page, all I see is d normal application route for all students.

I believe for PG, you are asked to contact them first before applying for the admission.
Send me a PM
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by DSSHQ: 5:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by WhyNa: 5:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
chrisviral:

I believe for PG, you are asked to contact them first before applying for the admission.
Send me a PM

Done
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 8:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2014
chrisviral:

2 and 3 should be submitted by your teacher alongside the nomination email.
thanks bro...
when are we going to submit the application form?
Moreover,are we going to use computer or Biro to write on the forms?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Abdulasod:
thanks bro...
when are we going to submit the application form?
Moreover,are we going to use computer or Biro to write on the forms?

I'm using Biro. Just make sure your handwriting is legible

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.