Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,897 members, 7,810,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here (486928 Views)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At Michigan State University For Undergraduat / 2016/2017 Mastercard Foundation Scholarships At University Of California, Berkel / Mtn Foundation Scholarship Shortlist Is Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2014
@chris viral
how can my recommendator fill in his signature
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 9:39am On Oct 06, 2014
Vicmonzan:
@chris viral
how can my recommendator fill in his signature

I advice people to print it out and let him sign.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:10am On Oct 06, 2014
chrisviral:
http://www.fimvillage.com/news/fim-face-of-the-week-male/

Sunnycent, graviton, Whyna, Gabbykelly, Gospel367, and all others, show some love.
You look cute in that picture..... see as my wife just de eye the picture making me jealous. Just kiddin but you sure look like one kin celeb there.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:44am On Oct 06, 2014
Gospel367:

You look cute in that picture..... see as my wife just de eye the picture making me jealous. Just kiddin but you sure look like one kin celeb there.

I don't look... lol... I am a celeb.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 11:42am On Oct 06, 2014
chrisviral:

I don't look... lol... I am a celeb.
You are for sure.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Being away for quite a long time now both from this thread and MCF scholarship application but am happy to be back.....yesterday was my bday and I expect u guys to show some love oh.....This UBC application form na confusion itself. Even after the conversion to doc file, the spaces to fill the details are placed in an absurd manner ie so congested...... Chris, when did u say u are taking ur SAT cos I can remember u saying October and also, have u laid hands on any past questions or practice questions?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
These three universities: UCB, DUKE AND STANFORD, I Love them and would love it if I get any of them but I never wan dig into them because the application process is long, complicated, different and the app. website gives lots of error and logout issues when accessing dem thru ma phone. Am even surprised that nobody talks about them here but I think they are really good schools......Is anybody also taking SAT subject tests ie sat 11 here?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gospel367:
Being away for quite a long time now both from this thread and MCF scholarship application but am happy to be back.....yesterday was my bday and I expect u guys to show some love oh.....This UBC application form na confusion itself. Even after the conversion to doc file, the spaces to fill the details are placed in an absurd manner ie so congested...... Chris, when did u say u are taking ur SAT cos I can remember u saying October and also, have u laid hands on any past questions or practice questions?

My SAT is next week saturday. 11th oct.
Haven't laid my hands on past questions yet but I'm practising with Apps and online.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gospel367:
These three universities: UCB, DUKE AND STANFORD, I Love them and would love it if I get any of them but I never wan dig into them because the application process is long, complicated, different and the app. website gives lots of error and logout issues when accessing dem thru ma phone. Am even surprised that nobody talks about them here but I think they are really good schools......Is anybody also taking SAT subject tests ie sat 11 here?

Long story. Done and dusted.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
chrisviral:

Long story. Done and dusted.
I don't think I understand what u mean by that.....
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 3:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gospel367:

I don't think I understand what u mean by that.....

I meant, I av gone through the schools, they are not just good, they are great, those are elite schools revered all over the world.
True the applications are little complicating, but if you take your time, you'll understand it.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 2:32am On Oct 07, 2014
Gospel367:

Happy birthday!! How young are you now? grin
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 2:33am On Oct 07, 2014
chrisviral:

I meant, I av gone through the schools, they are not just good, they are great, those are elite schools revered all over the world.
True the applications are little complicating, but if you take your time, you'll understand it.

Chris, kedu maka wetin we discuss? You no come update me regarding the common app something? angry angry
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 5:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Chris, kedu maka wetin we discuss? You no come update me regarding the common app something? angry angry

I will Update you soonest, just that you won't be able to apply to Stanford, MCF program at stanford is restricted to Restrictive Early Action, i.e your SAT should be written by October unless you want to use your Old SAT score....

PS Duke University also uses CommonApp to file their application.
Work there this one o.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2014
chrisviral:

I will Update you soonest, just that you won't be able to apply to Stanford, MCF program at stanford is restricted to Restrictive Early Action, i.e your SAT should be written by October unless you want to use your Old SAT score....

PS Duke University also uses CommonApp to file their application.
Work there this one o.

WHEN IS THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE APPLICATION FOR STANFORD AND DUKE
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2014
GabbyKelly:
Itz more than 10 working days and av nt recivd my Minerva frm McGill, could anytin b wrong??
HAVE YOU RECIEVED ANY THING FROM THEM
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 10:06am On Oct 07, 2014
No solomonjesus, I found out dat my nominator didnt send d mail well, den he had to resend it, and they have replied him that it is in process.
thnx..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
solomonjesus:

WHEN IS THE CLOSING DATE FOR THE APPLICATION FOR STANFORD AND DUKE

They don't have a separate application for MCF, Heck! Their application different, you just apply for Admission and and Financial Aid and hope and pray that they accept you as a student first, then due to country of origin, that they nominate you for MCF and not some other Financial Assistance Package.

To be Considered for MCF by Stanford, Applicant should apply for the Restrictive Early Action (November 1 Deadline) and your SAT test should written latest October to meet up.

To be considered for Duke, Applicants can apply for either the Restrictive Early Action or Regular decision, which have Deadlines of November 1 and January 5 respectively.

Applications are to be made via Commonapp www.commonapp.org. Or the Universal college application.
These are platforms that handle Admission to over 500 US universities (just like UCAS in Britain).

When you get to common app, simply sign up.
Search for college name you wish to apply to and add them to your Dashboards, then start filling up the application, just obey the necessary instructions and answer the necessary questions and Essay prompts you see there.
Once application is submitted, then move to collegeboard, Another platform and fill the international students CSS Profile with your official tax returns and Financial ish.
Just like commonapp, you also search for you college name and add to your list of recipient.

No separate application for MCF scholars. Everything is the same for both local, domestic, international and Alien students.
Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2014
http://admission.stanford.edu/application/international/index.html

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/index.html

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/essays.html

The above link, will be useful for you to apply to Stanford University (3rd Best University in the World), makes me wanna dream.
*drools*

Duke University (Ranked 18 or 17, not sure)
*drools again*
http://admissions.duke.edu/application/instructions#international
Ps: their site behaves funny in the morning and afternoon.

Take your time, don't Rush and you will understand the whole application Ish.

Please have your SAT and SAT subject tests ready/about to write them before applying to US universities (asides ASU that needs TOEFL) if not nobody will even bother going through your application not to talk of admitting you, lol happened to me last year.

GoodLuck.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Abdulasod: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
GabbyKelly:
No solomonjesus, I found out dat my nominator didnt send d mail well, den he had to resend it, and they have replied him that it is in process.
thnx..
hello bro,
please,can u share the mistake ur nominator made so that we can avoid and learn from it...
Best of luck bro..
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2014
GabbyKelly:
thnx..
OK BECAUSE SOME PEOPPLE OWN IS NOT EVEN UPTO 10 DAYS BEFORE THEY GOT A REPLY
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
chrisviral:

They don't have a separate application for MCF, Heck! Their application different, you just apply for Admission and and Financial Aid and hope and pray that they accept you as a student first, then due to country of origin, that they nominate you for MCF and not some other Financial Assistance Package.

To be Considered for MCF by Stanford, Applicant should apply for the Restrictive Early Action (November 1 Deadline) and your SAT test should written latest October to meet up.

To be considered for Duke, Applicants can apply for either the Restrictive Early Action or Regular decision, which have Deadlines of November 1 and January 5 respectively.

Applications are to be made via Commonapp www.commonapp.org. Or the Universal college application.
These are platforms that handle Admission to over 500 US universities (just like UCAS in Britain).

When you get to common app, simply sign up.
Search for college name you wish to apply to and add them to your Dashboards, then start filling up the application, just obey the necessary instructions and answer the necessary questions and Essay prompts you see there.
Once application is submitted, then move to collegeboard, Another platform and fill the international students CSS Profile with your official tax returns and Financial ish.
Just like commonapp, you also search for you college name and add to your list of recipient.

No separate application for MCF scholars. Everything is the same for both local, domestic, international and Alien students.
Good Luck.
IT'S OK
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
chrisviral:
http://admission.stanford.edu/application/international/index.html

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/index.html

http://admission.stanford.edu/application/freshman/essays.html

The above link, will be useful for you to apply to Stanford University (3rd Best University in the World), makes me wanna dream.
*drools*

Duke University (Ranked 18 or 17, not sure)
*drools again*
http://admissions.duke.edu/application/instructions#international
Ps: their site behaves funny in the morning and afternoon.

Take your time, don't Rush and you will understand the whole application Ish.

Please have your SAT and SAT subject tests ready/about to write them before applying to US universities (asides ASU that needs TOEFL) if not nobody will even bother going through your application not to talk of admitting you, lol happened to me last year.

GoodLuck.

Does MSU require SAT?
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
@Solom was it their minerva link they got in less than 10 wrkn days or just a reply to the nominator?

@ Abdulasod, the mistake he made was that he didnt include d phrase dat d nominee hs completed and saved the online application for Admission. Shikina,! Datzall!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by chrisviral(m): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
Graviton2:

Does MSU require SAT?

Yap, very compulsory!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Vicmonzan(m): 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
@gabbykelly
How did u fill in d signature in mcgill. I guess u printed it n den scanned it
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by GabbyKelly: 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2014
@ Vicmozan after typn in the form, i scannd d signature nd pasted
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by solomonjesus: 2:48am On Oct 08, 2014
GabbyKelly:
@Solom was it their minerva link they got in less than 10 wrkn days or just a reply to the nominator?

@ Abdulasod, the mistake he made was that he didnt include d phrase dat d nominee hs completed and saved the online application for Admission. Shikina,! Datzall!

make i ask them
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by emi2niceguy: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2014
Long time no hear everyone.. well me and Chris Viral have been on communication though....
Abeg me self confuse for this scholarship matter.. economically challenging yet you fit Enroll SAT and TOEFL...
All this matter get Y oh!@
Anyway who sabi by pass make e teach me abeg! without SAT and TOEFL so I no go near US University!
omo e no good oh... HAHAHAHA
Well There is God Oh!
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 9:10am On Oct 09, 2014
I understand some people would like to know about USAP, I almost became a member in 2013 but because of my family's move from abuja to Owerri I couldn't keep up.

The program is great!!

Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Gospel367: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Graviton2:
I understand some people would like to know about USAP, I almost became a member in 2013 but because of my family's move from abuja to Owerri I couldn't keep up.

The program is great!!
I can remember saying some things about USAP some months ago on this thread. it is really great and I advice those that have people that will apply next year to MCFSP to apply to it cos the program will take care of your SAT and possibly TOEFL registration at no cost. I applied to it this year and though I don't really know my stand now but atleast I was told to come around to their office next week in Lagos. I sense goodies on the way.
Re: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here by Graviton2(m): 11:27am On Oct 09, 2014
Gospel367:

I can remember saying some things about USAP some months ago on this thread. it is really great and I advice those that have people that will apply next year to MCFSP to apply to it cos the program will take care of your SAT and possibly TOEFL registration at no cost. I applied to it this year and though I don't really know my stand now but atleast I was told to come around to their office next week in Lagos. I sense goodies on the way.

You are absolutely correct. They will interview you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (262) (Reply)

2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker / Niger Delta University 2018/19 NDU POST UTME "Past Questions"

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.