Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop (22040 Views)

Latest Nigerian Hip Hop / 'Nigerian' Hip Hop Doesnt Make Sense / Eldee vs Freestyle: Hottest Beef In Nigeria Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by AbuMikey(m): 11:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Indifferent:
so phenom is trying to diss his boss, or is he just playing

It was the same reaction when I heard the song, well, I'm waiting fo MI's response!

I can't wait oo cheesy

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by sosereal201(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
javalove: Modenine and Rugheady Mama. . .and Mode killed him. . .here are a few lines

"My fame spreading like a pandemic break out
To hell with all the beef-in, this is a steak out"

"You dont write, its why ur pen shun paper/
quit rap, here's ur pension paper"

"Here's the sweetest part, this baba that baba/
You not the father/
You got intellect myopia
So when I diss a baba (Addis Ababa)/
Its not Ethiopia"

For the hiphop dummies, mode does not sing. .. he raps. . .hiphop culture or not, Modenine has millions of tracks with bits and pieces of local lingo in them. . .so ur point is?

He's not doing badly with his life. . .except when he came to your parents house to beg for money. . .get it??

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!

on point
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by Venerable612(m): 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Elnino4ladies: Mode nine is a failed rapper the earlier he acept d fact d beta...hw many recognized award has he won..hey! Dnt mention dose headies poo!

modenine is still the best Lyricist in AFRICA... Nd he won d award in Nigeria Music award 4 3 yrs consecutivly i guess.
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by qudusopeyemi: 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Reminisce and wizkid eleniyan
Fetan yen le gberegede mofe wole month wa n be mo tun sheku bi cement ton fi n kole
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by Dmail(m): 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
qudusopeyemi: Reminisce and wizkid eleniyan
Fetan yen le gberegede mofe wole month wa n be mo tun sheku bi cement ton fi n kole
Mhen! Guy,whats all dis shit na?

1 Like

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Indifferent:
thats because nigerians prefer to Kukere than to listen. and not because he is not d.o.p.e

Please. This is the silly excuse his fans always present when they defend his failure to last on the mainstream. WTH? You don't serve a vegetarian, beef and expect him to blow your trumpet. Whether he does it for the love or not, is inconsequential to the audience, who he is supposed to be affecting with his music. We are not talking about principles or theology (else, he should be fine doing it for the love), we are talking about arts and music, and in this field acceptance is what determines success. So, if your audience doesn't accept your style, you need re-evaluation. Simple as.
No one expects Basketmouth or I go die, to do comedy like Billy Hick's does; if they do,their careers wouldn't be as successful, since their audiences wouldn't relate to their jokes.
Art needs localization for it to be accepted in different societies. Hip Hop as it is, was a tool created by black americans to speak against racism, which is alien to a one-coloured country like Nigeria. In the end It's your talent and ability to tinker out something the society can relate to, that makes your art/music relevant.

1 Like

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Venerable612:

modenine is still the best Lyricist in AFRICA... Nd he won d award in Nigeria Music award 4 3 yrs consecutivly i guess.

Being the best rapper in Africa doesn't necessarily mean you're good, it only means you are better than the rest of the fickle bunch
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
ats d beef about? I hear u talk like u don't open ur mouth grin
saying hiphop is dead/
if hiphop was u den hiphop is scared shocked

u know us but we don't knw u here/
whos ur father wat ur family name/
dont even answer we knw ur family is lame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
lovemoneyn: Those of you saying mode 9 killed it are just being gullible. He took rap music as a career and now covering his shame by making the gullible ones believe he is sticking to hip hop culture.
Music is all about Show Biz not Literature. If you aint making muller then you are getting it wrong.
Even american rappers dont do the kind of hip hop mode 9 is doing, cos they have all move on (evolved)
Mode 9 is still stucked in the year 1990 -1997 rap music.
Rap music evolved so it can share the spot light with higly demanded R&B and Soul music.
Im my opinion, rugged man got it right both commercially and lyrically and is the clear winner.

Mode 9 failed woefully commercially but is a force to be reckoned with lyrically.(But remember say the lyrics no sell o hahahahaha......)

To make my point clearer, If you took music a career would you rather have the success recorded by Rugged man or Mode 9?

I already know you answer.. keep it
lyric no dey buy pampers

2 Likes

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by xtervaganza(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
People insulting mode 9 here need to get their heads out of my heir arse. The man is a success already and u call him a failed rapper? Lol. He's more known in Africa than most of the trash u mentioned, far more popular than ur friend rugged
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by oluamid(m): 11:12am On Dec 23, 2013
Djangocode:
I know why most peeps don't Dig Mode-9.. His Lines, Wordplays, Punchlines, Metaphors are way above the rest.. Dudes don't Like Modo cuz his Lines take em weeks to Understand..

Listen:

U'll be Amazed when we meet, Call it Come Beef/
Maize - Meat - Corn - Beaf..
U got a Stool Flow Yo Baddest Line will not be Cheered(Chaired) -NIP Freestyle

I knock Yo Incisors back to where Yo Molars is/
Modo Come as Dope as The Stone Ages..

First Bar Raise em, Last Bar Bury em/
Vegetarian, Beef eater one of the Nicest/
Nufn's Gon stop us From fucking up Yo Mind like Coitus Interruptus/
If u understood that Line, Congratulations. If u didn't, better withdraw before Ejaculation -SpitMyShit Track

Forget the Surreal, Am Too Used to Hospital Foods, Am always so iLL..
I Got u Open like Documents with no SeaL..

All the other Nigerian rappers combined, M.I included, can do a thesis on beef tracks while using Modenine's Occupy the Throne mixtape for their literature review.

Like the clouds, Modo is way up above the rest/they may make wave, buh, Modenine is the crest.

Enough said.

1 Like

Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by oluamid(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Double post. There should be a delete button, I swear.
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by DaniHolmes: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
Don't force your preference on us....You r obviously a noob... angry
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by DaniHolmes: 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
U really need to learn cool
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by DaniHolmes: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
6 yrs consecutively
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by DaniHolmes: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2013
Dude ur advice is outplayed.....and u didn't get his statement......He said people love to Kukere, not listen to Kukere rather than listening to the message behind it.....If u think ur talk is sensible, check this out......:::Before the present time artistes' music, what do Nigerians listen to...Till a new generation brought a different type of groove music and the fans accepted...To see how ignorant your advice is, if every talent coming up obeys that, beliv me u, Our entertainment will b stagnant...

The dude u were hitting at wasn't giving xcuse, he only said if nigerians love to groove without studying what they r grooving, that doesn't make the lyricist/the sensible talks irrelevant (a lyricist could also b a singer...coz I know what u r thinking)........Michael Jackson wasn't great just coz he made groovy songs, go deep and u'll discover every great artiste had a message behind what u might b thinking was just a sweet song
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by DaniHolmes: 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
So u r implying Modo might/was not a good rapper when he won it... angry....U MODAFUCKER need Jesus to save u from ur hating heart
Re: Baddest Beef In Nigerian Hip-hop by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 2:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
Dani Holmes: Dude ur advice is outplayed.....and u didn't get his statement......He said people love to Kukere, not listen to Kukere rather than listening to the message behind it.....If u think ur talk is sensible, check this out......:::Before the present time artistes' music, what do Nigerians listen to...Till a new generation brought a different type of groove music and the fans accepted...To see how ignorant your advice is, if every talent coming up obeys that, beliv me u, Our entertainment will b stagnant...

The dude u were hitting at wasn't giving xcuse, he only said if nigerians love to groove without studying what they r grooving, that doesn't make the lyricist/the sensible talks irrelevant (a lyricist could also b a singer...coz I know what u r thinking)........Michael Jackson wasn't great just coz he made groovy songs, go deep and u'll discover every great artiste had a message behind what u might b thinking was just a sweet song

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Country Makes The Best Music In Africa? / Nigeria Music Video Awards 2013 Nominees List(nmva 2013) / Wizkid & Chris Brown Performing In Ghana (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.