Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve (25626 Views)

What Is Blogging Really All About? / Is Blogging For Profits Dead? / Is Blogging Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by robonski15(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2013
I am currently working on my blog.. Is it advisable to change from "" to ".com!! Like someone once advised to have a distinct and direct name... Thanks
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 11:58am On Dec 19, 2013
cynhamscakes: I will need a little help in developing my blog (everything) . Though i don't blog for money. I only use it as a means to show off my cakes to potential clients.

But i want to be posting recipes soon so i need to work on the blog.

Like how much will it cost me? My email add is cynhamscakesandpastries@gmail.com. Blog: www.cynhamscakes..com.

Let me recommend someone... Twitter handle: @komboconcepts or visit his website: www.komboconcepts.com for some of his works.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2013
robonski15: I am currently working on my blog.. Is it advisable to change from "" to ".com!! Like someone once advised to have a distinct and direct name... Thanks

Yes, very advisable, get a distinct, short, easy to memorize domain name
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
DJMONACO: thank God i saw dis thread. I created a blog with wordpress just recently and what remains is customizing d blog.....cn someone pls give me tips on it abeg

What do you want to customize?
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by omoelu1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
robonski15: I am currently working on my blog.. Is it advisable to change from "" to ".com!! Like someone once advised to have a distinct and direct name... Thanks
yes you should, if you want to be taken serious as a blogger and it is one of those investments you need to make. Forget about the linda ikejiā€˜s case. You should get your blog a top level domain.
you can read: http://www.sdknaija.com/2013/12/10-tips-for-choosing-domain-name-for.html
cheers!
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by frainc(m): 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
NoblePat: Dear macklef,

Welcome to the Blogging World.

Determination, Patience and Consistence.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and do not pursue perfection.

Bloggers hidden secrets, Be Social (Facebook, Twitter and maybe Google+), Be Visible (Let your target audience or niche market found you in SERP) Be Value Driven (Build a community and add value).

Regards
pls what is the difference between blog and forum

i wish to have a forum.
thank you
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
robonski15:

Bro what is the name of ur blog??
Just to tell u how powerful that blog is, Seun blocked it on his forumgringrin

Anyway, here it is:

ngozika nwiro ..com. Type all words together, try using a computer to visit and come back to say a word. I will be helping first 10 newbie bloggers to re-design their blog to look like mine for free. The promo starts now that I am freegringrin
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by kolamilan(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
Vivly: Please bloggers, try not to make up ludicrous and[b] fake stories that shock the devil himself[/b]. Rumour mongering and lie peddling kills blog sites.
grin grin
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Sknda(m): 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
for real?
DailyNews: Just to tell u how powerful that blog is, Seun blocked it on his forumgringrin

Anyway, here it is:

ngozika nwiro ..com. Type all words together, try using a computer to visit and come back to say a word. I will be helping first 10 newbie bloggers to re-design their blog to look like mine for free. The promo starts now that I am freegringrin
am interested
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by robonski15(m): 12:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: Just to tell u how powerful that blog is, Seun blocked it on his forumgringrin

Anyway, here it is:

Nice one bro, I just checked with my phone its a nice blog.. when I get home I will open with my laptop.. Am a newbie u go try put me through with the design cool. U can kindly send me a text so I can call u.. Thanks
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by wasak(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2013

Anyway, here it is:

I'm interested o! how do I. get u?
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by gloriana(f): 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: My advice to any aspiring blogger is: don't ever go into blogging just to make money! Go into it for passion and as a hobby. Chose a niche that you enjoy talking about even with your friends and that will give u a leverage over others and make u stay even when the money isn't coming.

I blog too, but as a passion, hobby and interest and not basically to make money but it earns me money anyway, so I also pocket it.

I earn money blogging via Google Adsense (big, smiles), Ad Dynamo (3000 naira so far, lolz), few direct adverts (not consistent), commission junction affiliate marketing and some sponsored posts too.

I started blogging in 2006, but then I was into poetry and fiction blogging, never knew that I was supposed to monetize my blogging then. I only started entertainment and news blogging a few years ago...

If you want to make good money blogging, then you must grow your blog to become one of the most popular blogs in your nation to attract direct adverts and not just Google adsense.

Google adsense can only earn you some cash, highest is $1000 a month and you can't earn that consistently from adsense by blogging about entertainment and celebrity gossip.

To earn big with google adsense, you need to focus on tech blogging, how to's, romance, marriage, etc...and you need rich text and high cpc topics.

Linda earns around 3million a month, that's true and not fiction and its cos she is the number 1 entertainment blog in Nigeria...Bella Naija earns a good amount too. Both are the highest earned bloggers in Nigeria, and what helped them was their early positioning, gender and association with celebrities and entertainment players back then.

But with consistency, hardwork, dedication and passion, every blogger can earn some passive income even while he or she sleeps. I am a living witness....and its exciting to earn passive and multiple income from everything you do in life.

Lastly, to grow as a blogger, don't be a copy and paste blogger. If you copy other blogs, please reference them, that will make readers and observers respect your blog and visit regularly. But if they discover that u are a copy and paste blogger who pretend to be the original source, most matured and sensible readers would stop visiting your blog.

Visit other top blogs, drop comments, don't just read and go...drop comments with your blog address...one or two readers of that blog may also visit your blog.

Blogging is a good and profitable venture than wasting time online chit-chatting. I will advice every youth out there to monetize his/her online activities and stop playing online while others build their businesses online. Students need to own a blog...it will help polish your english and also give you a voice of your own.

Even if u don't earn money blogging, it worths it...it gives u a personal voice to reach out to the world and to also make meaningful friends. Goodluck.
wel said. I'd like 2 talk wit u if u'd sms me ur no via my signature
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
weird_ninja:

Nice... bt bro.. outside hubpages... boiz dey hammer over $1000 monthly.. you cant know unless you have personal relationship with dem, coded and simple boiz... LOL... Trust me, I have my facts..

I need to salute my black Nigerian Guys if you say White Gurus make between $1000-$2000, then my guys are Wizards... LOL

When you say daily traffic, what do you mean? PageViews, Page Visitors, Unique Visitors or what.. and is you statistics from Analytics or Jetpack plugin [Site Stats] ? ..

Please can you paste url to your blog?

Pardon my Gbagaun. Thanks
I just gave out the url of a blog I promote...not really the owner but in close tie with the original owner. I am more resident on hubpages and I have been featured there many times. I also know the owner personally....Simone Smith...I really salute any Naija guy earning over $2000 montly on Google Adsense, maybe I will need some tricks from u too, that's if u wouldn't mind anyway.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by gloriana(f): 12:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: My advice to any aspiring blogger is: don't ever go into blogging just to make money! Go into it for passion and as a hobby. Chose a niche that you enjoy talking about even with your friends and that will give u a leverage over others and make u stay even when the money isn't coming.

I blog too, but as a passion, hobby and interest and not basically to make money but it earns me money anyway, so I also pocket it.

I earn money blogging via Google Adsense (big, smiles), Ad Dynamo (3000 naira so far, lolz), few direct adverts (not consistent), commission junction affiliate marketing and some sponsored posts too.

I started blogging in 2006, but then I was into poetry and fiction blogging, never knew that I was supposed to monetize my blogging then. I only started entertainment and news blogging a few years ago...

If you want to make good money blogging, then you must grow your blog to become one of the most popular blogs in your nation to attract direct adverts and not just Google adsense.

Google adsense can only earn you some cash, highest is $1000 a month and you can't earn that consistently from adsense by blogging about entertainment and celebrity gossip.

To earn big with google adsense, you need to focus on tech blogging, how to's, romance, marriage, etc...and you need rich text and high cpc topics.

Linda earns around 3million a month, that's true and not fiction and its cos she is the number 1 entertainment blog in Nigeria...Bella Naija earns a good amount too. Both are the highest earned bloggers in Nigeria, and what helped them was their early positioning, gender and association with celebrities and entertainment players back then.

But with consistency, hardwork, dedication and passion, every blogger can earn some passive income even while he or she sleeps. I am a living witness....and its exciting to earn passive and multiple income from everything you do in life.

Lastly, to grow as a blogger, don't be a copy and paste blogger. If you copy other blogs, please reference them, that will make readers and observers respect your blog and visit regularly. But if they discover that u are a copy and paste blogger who pretend to be the original source, most matured and sensible readers would stop visiting your blog.

Visit other top blogs, drop comments, don't just read and go...drop comments with your blog address...one or two readers of that blog may also visit your blog.

Blogging is a good and profitable venture than wasting time online chit-chatting. I will advice every youth out there to monetize his/her online activities and stop playing online while others build their businesses online. Students need to own a blog...it will help polish your english and also give you a voice of your own.

Even if u don't earn money blogging, it worths it...it gives u a personal voice to reach out to the world and to also make meaningful friends. Goodluck.
wel said. I'd like 2 talk wit u if u'd sms me ur no via my signature
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by MSEdLAW(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2013
macklef: from a post i read, i heard that linda ikeji makes up to 30,000USD a month, well over 4million naira on blogging? I knw shes popular like that but is that earning fact or fiction? How much have u or do u make a month from blogging?

LIARS I WARN AGAIN...PLS SWERVE.
Pls visit www.ethnic9ja. let's support one another ... Thank u
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by MSEdLAW(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: I just gave out the url of a blog I promote...not really the owner but in close tie with the original owner. I am more resident on hubpages and I have been featured there many times. I also know the owner personally....Simone Smith...I really salute any Naija guy earning over $2000 montly on Google Adsense, maybe I will need some tricks from u too, that's if u wouldn't mind anyway.
My blog is on wordpress how can make money from google adsense using wordpress.. Pls visit and promote....www.ethnic9ja.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by ibietela2(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
I will help you get a custom domain name for just N2, 500. Holla me www.fb.com/iamkingsleyf check my blogs www.ideacrunch.org or www.healthable.org
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2013

Anyway, here it is:

i like it...linda's blog web version slow in loading and e dey hang..but dis smoothooooo
www.adelowojregz..com
dis mine....help bro
adelowoolanrewaju@gmail.com
08137871320 whatsapp
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by DJMONACO(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
weird_ninja:

What do you want to customize?
will dey credit my acct. Tru d email i used while creating d bloq......sorry dis is wht i need nw
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
One thing people fail to know about blogging is, they dont blog about what is easily accessible to their minds, so it seems so difficult.

You want to talk about news events, you can only repost what news agencies are posting if you don't have the ability to get the news yourself.

If you are reposting other peoples news, my question is, why should I visit your site? I better go to vanguard to see it directly from the source.

I get emails recently about people wanting me to help them blog about pets. That's great. It's something you can easily think of when you just seat down as a lover of pets.

For me, I will blog about food, I really like food, It comes to my mind everytime. I can research continental dishes and tell you how to make them and how it will make me feel if I get the chance to eat the dish.

This is blogging. Don't force yourself, it should come to you easily. From the inside.

You are a married man, blog about marriage. Talk about your problems, talk about the solution. This kind of idea comes to you easily. It will excite you everytime, you will always enjoy to do more.

This is blogging.

Blogging is of the mind, when that is, you will make money.

Compyla Technologies
committed to your success in blogging.
Want to reach, send your mails to compylatechnologies@gmail.com

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
I will respond to your messages...and anyone that has question should ask.

The person asking for the difference bw a forum and a website, below is the answer:

A forum is a website that enables visitors, readers, etc to participate by creating their own topics as threads or replying to existing threads. But in a blog, you can only reply to the blog owner via comments.

Most website don't even have the feature for commenting, you just read and go!grin
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2013

Anyway, here it is:

LoL! .... Mr DailyNews... I really anticipated seein ur url bt to my surprise I noticed some stuffs I tink u shld work on... Let me hint u from my web designs experience

1. Ur site takes time to load... especially on tablets nd mobile devices.
2. Frankly speaking, you are just another linda ikeji wanna-be
3. Ur url got blocked from nairaland cos u violated rules... not cos ur blog is awesome...
4. Originality is key
5. Work on ur SEO...

DONT BITE ME OOO.... just my opinion
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: I will respond to your messages...and anyone that has question should ask.

The person asking for the difference bw a forum and a website, below is the answer:

A forum is a website that enables visitors, readers, etc to participate by creating their own topics as threads or replying to existing threads. But in a blog, you can only reply to the blog owner via comments.

Most website don't even have the feature for commenting, you just read and go!grin

Ignorance should be a crime, the person was talking abt blog and forum, not website.
A website has more features than a blog, that's why wordpress is more than a CMS. A blog has no features for logging in and out.
Most wordpress sites are more than blogs.

In other words, a forum is a website.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by gajasalot(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
Alright guys , as for me i think blogging is cool and its all about consistency. Just leave the argument of seun and linda apart and concentrate on making your blog successful

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by robonski15(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
compyla: One thing people fail to know about blogging is, they dont blog about what is easily accessible to their minds, so it seems so difficult.

You want to talk about news events, you can only repost what news agencies are posting if you don't have the ability to get the news yourself.

If you are reposting other peoples news, my question is, why should I visit your site? I better go to vanguard to see it directly from the source.

I get emails recently about people wanting me to help them blog about pets. That's great. It's something you can easily think of when you just seat down as a lover of pets.

For me, I will blog about food, I really like food, It comes to my mind everytime. I can research continental dishes and tell you how to make them and how it will make me feel if I get the chance to eat the dish.

This is blogging. Don't force yourself, it should come to you easily. From the inside.

You are a married man, blog about marriage. Talk about your problems, talk about the solution. This kind of idea comes to you easily. It will excite you everytime, you will always enjoy to do more.

This is blogging.

Compyla Technologies

Best wishes.

Bro I just sent u a mail!!!
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by bueze046(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
let's talk about number one naija entertainment blogg notjustok.com
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by adewasco2k(m): 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2013

Anyway, here it is:

NO sir, seun didnt block it because of its awesomeness but because of your banner signature promoting the blog.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by robonski15(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
compyla: One thing people fail to know about blogging is, they dont blog about what is easily accessible to their minds, so it seems so difficult.

This is blogging.

Compyla Technologies

Best wishes.

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Lekidrisy: 3:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Please, let's not talk about only blogging alone. money earning on internet doesn't come only from blogging. For example, forums like Nairaland/Naijaloaded, how much do they also earn per month and how
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by rufonye: 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Yea blogging is profitable.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by idotun: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
i like it...linda's blog version it has many free bandwith.
Remember, there are two types of blog: free blog e.g www.adelowojregz..com
and professional blog e.g
www.smartpassiveincomereport.com

To know advantages and disadvantages of each,give a shout to me

passiveincome383@gmail.com
I hope this help.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by MSEdLAW(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: I will respond to your messages...and anyone that has question should ask.

Pls I would want u to redesign mine .. Esp. If you can make me feed my blog from my email addy.. Thank u.. Mikebassey@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Do Bloggers Get Their Money / Facebook To Add Dating Service - Mark Zuckerberg / How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.