Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve (25602 Views)

What Is Blogging Really All About? / Is Blogging For Profits Dead? / Is Blogging Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
koboko69: Stupid bloggers including Linda.plenty of fake news.. I think I prefer a forum like nairaland....where threads are moved to FP at the discression of stewped modes. At least the owner of the the forum is not directly involved. Topics are created by both sane and insane people.....and not really the boss himself/herself.

The same way a car wash opens down the street and starts making it...then everyone suddenly wants to own a car wash on the street. Nigerians and one way traffic. Blogging is bullshit...same news everywhere...just from diff sources. Peace out!

I hardly learnt anything from blogs. But i have learnt a lot from forums.

well, silly or not, she's making money, and those visiting her site prefer going there than Vanguard. Keep hatting, let those making money keep earning.

Open a carwash business soon, wish you all the best.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
idotun: i like it...linda's blog version it has many free bandwith.
Remember, there are two types of blog: free blog e.g www.adelowojregz..com
and professional blog e.g
www.smartpassiveincomereport.com

To know advantages and disadvantages of each,give a shout to me

passiveincome383@gmail.com
I hope this help.

Post the Advantages and Disadvantages here.! grin
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
weird_ninja:

Post the Advantages and Disadvantages here.! grin

The only advantage a .com has is its free domain. So it can last longer no need to incur costs in buying a domain name, checking website security. It also gets rank quickly in google.

Disadvantage of .com is google has connected users account to one email and password, if your .com is hacked it means your entire google account has been hacked.

2) Some sites don't accept links from .com

3) U can't sell your blog.

4) It's a just blog, no user interaction except in comments or chat sidebar codes.

5) U can only make blog posts and create pages.

6) Some sites like CPA, direct ads websites do not accept .com or subdomain to enable you sell ads directly to d customer.

7) All its post are on one page.

.COM
It can only be limited by your mind.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by lovelyronke20(f): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
DailyNews: Thanks ronkesmiley

Uw
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hmmnnnn
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by omoelu1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
to add to rutchiekens has said; you can move your . blog to another platform (like wordpress).
and it can also cause you to loose some amount of traffic in d sense that, some people will your blog address without the . in mind.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Naijamericana: 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
rutchiekens:

The only advantage a .com has is its free domain. So it can last longer no need to incur costs in buying a domain name, checking website security. It also gets rank quickly in google.

Disadvantage of .com is google has connected users account to one email and password, if your .com is hacked it means your entire google account has been hacked.

2) Some sites don't accept links from .com

3) U can't sell your blog.

4) It's a just blog, no user interaction except in comments or chat sidebar codes.

5) U can only make blog posts and create pages.

6) Some sites like CPA, direct ads websites do not accept .com or subdomain to enable you sell ads directly to d customer.

7) All its post are on one page.

.COM
It can only be limited by your mind.

I concur...you have to treating blogging like a business...to make money...not as a hobby...put in time and investment...do your research...
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by 360command: 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
One can open a blog and start earning in 7 days. There are secrete for it. To earn money through blogging you need traffic. The best place to get traffic is social network - you can get 50% of your traffic through facebook,twitter. Some people may not know this, people get traffic from chinese social network(baidu)- this is a secrete too. Making money through blogging is a secrete people keep to themselves. Even getting that traffic through facebook is another secrete. The rest ways of getting traffic is through SEO. Note: to go by the rule of been patient as I have read on this forum, your content matters a lot. Every tom dick and harry are all doing the same thing in 9ja. Be unique. If you did art in school, this is the best time to showcase your art skills by blogging. You will be surprised someone from Tahiti loving your piece of work or what you write about. If you are good at photoshop, showcase your skill.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
Guys may want to check out my blog, JARUSHUB (http://www.jarushub.com/), Nigeria's most influential career portal.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
wow......made 35naira today from addynamo and 5naira from promo. c om.ng on top 600+ page views
i need adsense and direct ads,gon get dere next year
www.adelowojregz..com

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by jaybee3(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Jarus: Hmmnnnn
Spill jor
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
jay bee:
Spill jor

See my shiaman grin
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by henryobinna(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
hello all, please which adverts system pay more?
adsense, addynamo or promo naija..

www.legitstuffs..com
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Harbdhul(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Caprison: jst started blogging two months ago....frankly speaking, it's not easy @all.....like seriously,i base on news n entertainment n all that which is more stressful in blogging....
I guess u r doing it for the money that's why it's stressful for u,you need the passion to make a good blog because with the passion, u gain patience and consistency which are the most important in creating a good blog.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
henryobinna: hello all, please which adverts system pay more?
adsense, addynamo or promo naija..

www.legitstuffs..com
AdSense
can't be approved, am 17,waiting till next YEAR
addynamo make sense than promo. c om.ng cos dose ads for promo will tell u errytin u nid that only a busybody will click it...but their referral make sense
addynamo also has sponsored tweets(get paid to tweet),
www.adelowojregz..com
signup for promo
http://promo .com.ng/signup/jregz
don't space it o
let's help our self... u signup i get 1k
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by AdekunleSegun(m): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
na wa o, i have been following this thread for two days now and expecting the likes of Ogbonge blog, doncaprio and the rest to comment. please guys, tell us. share with us.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by weirdninja: 11:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
Adekunle Segun: na wa o, i have been following this thread for two days now and expecting the likes of Ogbonge blog, doncaprio and the rest to comment. please guys, tell us. share with us.

Me sef dey wait make NaijaBamBam talk too ... #fingersCrossed
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Lala36: 12:09am On Dec 20, 2013
Hello everyone, I have gone through this thread and seen that a lot of folks are interested in blogging and intend to turn successful bloggers someday. First things first, if money is your motivation to go into blogging, then you will likely not be able to make money at the end of the day as you'll be dissuaded from it when you don't make the kind of money you expect from it.
You have to be passionate about blogging before you intend to go into it. Next thing is knowing what content you intend to share and all, and originality would also be a plus for you, there are a lot of copy and paste bloggers out there, they don't really turn out successful at the end of the day like they ought to.
I have blogged for 2 years so far and i've managed to make some cash from it. I co-own a blog and we started off learning all the basics here and there, and to some extent have become better at it.. despite the fact that there's usually something new to learn with each new day. If you need any help, the best thing is to go through tutorials online and try to learn as much stuffs as possible from folks. As a blogger, make Google your best friend and try to continue to make as much research as possible.
Goodluck everyone.
#36NG
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by SaintTee: 4:39am On Dec 20, 2013
Joe50: google don ban my adsense tire, I created almost four blogs but all adsense disabled due to invalid click. from there I gave up.

If you are found clicking the adverts on your site by yourself (either from your phone or system), you'll be banned. They are able to track this using 'bots'...
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by WebclickNG: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2013
Making money blogging in Nigeria is not easy. You need to choose a niche that people will like. The important thing is traffic. Linda make money from traffic even though the content of her blog may not impress many. For you to succeed, you need regular source of content. I will recommend MRR & PLR material. That is what I used to create my own profitable blog.

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by intrepid: 8:38am On Dec 20, 2013
macklef: hmmmm, thank u all. For urr sugestions. Am pleased no 1 has lied dat he/she too makes millions a year. Lol. Thank u too compyla for bein nice. But one more thing, must one be a perfect writter, in terms of punctuations n gramatical structure n tenses to make it in bloging? In other words can i gbagaun sometimes?
See,the important thing is to be able to pass your message across.Even some big time bloggers also make grammatical errors.So just get started and be focused.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by gistme1759: 8:50am On Dec 20, 2013
Gud mrning, I just created a new acct, and I tried 2 sign up on ADSENSE, @ a point I was ask 2 enter ADSENSE CODE/PUBLISHER ID 4rm my URL, before d registration can b successful, but I dnt realy knw wat it means, plz kindly help so as 2 rectify dis problem, tnx
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by kombo(m): 8:50am On Dec 20, 2013
Ok, I have been following this thread from the first post by the OP. Let me just chip-in some stuffs,;

- Dont let money be what drives you to Blog [That has been said over and over, had to repeat it]
- Choose a very comfortable niche or better still a very comfortable subject to blog about... something that comes to you naturally.
- Dont be scared to learn, ask friends, get idea and advice from "Pro-bloggers".
- Make Google your best friend according to Lala36
- Dont be scared to try new things or stunts.

I started my Blog August/September 2012, slightly over a year now, inshort that was my first blogging encounter, designed d layout, edited the theme and designed the graphics all by myself [I am a web/graphics designer too], I have had series of issues, from hackers hacking my blog, to issue of bandwidth with my provider, to migrating to other hosting platform, to internet wahala, so if u are facing that, you r welcome. As you grow, you encounter some challenges.

I dont see it as a waste of money unlike most of my friends do, i just ask a simple question, "How much can you spend on gadgets?".. Most of dem say as much as possible, and I reply cos u love dem right?, Yes is always the answer, dat ends d discussion always grin .

If its wat you love, it will come to you naturally... I see so many Linda-Ikeji wanna-beeeees, apart from copyin gist and gossips, dey also try to have dat kinda layout. Be unique, have your own selling point, something that will make people come back to your site.

Dont be shy to talk to your friends about it. Ask questions if doubtful of d next step to take. I wish you well...

For the records, I started blogging cos I wanted to increase my portfolio as a Web Designer, to let potential clients know that I can also setup a functional blog, It worked and I have helped setup quite a number, smiley Na so addiction make me love blogging too smiley grin

If you need assistance -> Skype ID -> olubunmi.kombo

Kombo for #NaijaBamBam #KomboConcepts smiley
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2013
Promhize: I'm sure the bulk of her income is from paid adverts.

I hate blogging, its meant for only a few people, every lazy youth is now a blogger.

Blogging is more difficult than a banking job. If you don't have the ability to think, you can't do blogging. That's why many fail in it. If it's not in you to write, you can't be a writer or a blogger.

Blogging isn't copy and paste. It's intelligence.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by compyla: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2013
I believe no one is above learning. I can teach you and you can teach me. So, join me on my page, if you are on facebook. I will post one educational topic per day to disolve this misunderstanding about blogging in peoples heart.

Lets meet there:
http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440822279463967
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by EasyNaijacom: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
Just passing...
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Ugokings4luv(m): 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
A
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by AbuMikey(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
DailyNews: Just to tell u how powerful that blog is, Seun blocked it on his forumgringrin

Anyway, here it is:

ngozika nwiro ..com. Type all words together, try using a computer to visit and come back to say a word. I will be helping first 10 newbie bloggers to re-design their blog to look like mine for free. The promo starts now that I am freegringrin

You've got a PM!

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
I started my blog on June 9, 2013. I believe with God, persistence, determination and patience I will get there.

http://funmikemmy..com.

1 Like

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Danhumprey: 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abu Mikey:

You've got a PM!

Same thing you were accusing me of doing few days ago. Now,here you are doing the same thing.
Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by AbuMikey(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
Danhumprey: Same thing you were accusing me of doing few days ago. Now,here you are doing the same thing.

Oga, he said he's gonna help the next 10 newbie bloggers who request for his help edit their blog for free.

So I had to send him a PM, I don't PM every girl on NL like You do undecided, its a known fact!

I only send PM when necessary and not because I want to please Ladies undecided

Re: Is Blogging This Profitable? How Much Have You Made On It? Liars Pls Swerve by Tolexander: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
grin
Abu Mikey:

Oga, he said he's gonna help the next 10 newbie bloggers who request for his help edit their blog for free.

So I had to send him a PM, I don't PM every girl on NL like You do undecided, its a known fact!

I only send PM when necessary and not because I want to please Ladies undecided

gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook To Add Dating Service - Mark Zuckerberg / How Mark Zuckerberg's Surprise Wedding Was Done 6 Years Ago / Socks Proxy And Anonymous Surfing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.