Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,662 members, 7,823,876 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Maths Riddle - Jokes Etc (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Maths Riddle (33596 Views)

Maths competition (Solve This Equation) / Solve These Maths If You Can / U No Maths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maths Riddle by haibe(m): 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2013
maballack: Look back again to all the lines even when another was used again....there was ADD preceding it

I would have agreed with you if the another carried the same value as the prvious then you shld repeat the same action

bt since it was a dffrnt value ...there should be an ADD to the clause

it doesn't matter bro, lol pple complicate things themselves, okay just imagine this question.

add 10 to 20
add 10
another 10
another 10
another 10.

So you mean you don't know that 'another 10' mean to follow the same action of adding as above?

If you noticed, only the value 1000 carried another in that question
Re: Maths Riddle by LEGEND7466(m): 12:44pm On Dec 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by eedris85(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by tayooluwole: 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Well, to ma understanding, d 'take' in d questn can be interpreted to be 'takeaway'......figures in d questn does nt carry any sign of money e.g #, $...... Logicaly, its imppossible to say 'take' dis figure(handlin it to someone) bt possible to say 'take' dis money. So, if d figures in d questn carries a sign of money, we can then say, d first 1000 was handed to a person afterwhich d various additn..by this analogy, we will endup gettin 5100. However, d figures in d questn re ordinary figures nt representin a physical money, so, in otherwise, its nt possible handlin an invisible figure afterwhich d various additn will be effeted... I therefore say, since d numbers in d questn re just ordinary figure dat does nt represent summfin physical, d 'take' can be assumed to be 'takeaway'....If dis is d case, d correct answer will be 3100.....
Re: Maths Riddle by maballack(m): 12:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
Well i cant help your case
If not why would they waste time in putting ADD in all other clauses

Why is it one line without the word ADD

If you have done programming you would know that that line is invalid.....
Re: Maths Riddle by suco50(m): 12:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
This is way too simple, the answer I got straight up within seconds at only one attempt is 5100. Seeing this on front page, I got nervous thinking it's some stuff which gon get me puzzled but I was in fact disappointed after checking the thread. Mind you, the guy who won the World Memory Challenge 2013 played with 4,200+ numbers, so this is just a child's play when considering such.

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by maballack(m): 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2013
After much much...and in a bid to make my point clear
heres a link to it internationally answered 4100

http://www.squiglysplayhouse.com/BrainTeasers/MathGames.html
Re: Maths Riddle by jude33084(m): 12:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
.....take 1000 and add 40? the answer is 40 if you ask me mehnnn wink

I stick with the 4100 cool
Re: Maths Riddle by okaiodiba: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
haibe: Note: This riddle must be
done IN
YOUR HEAD ONLY and NOT
using
paper and a pen.
Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 30.
then another 1000.
Now add 20.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 10.
And then add 1000

What is the total?

Pls don't modify your post, its just for fun, lol.
Re: Maths Riddle by haibe(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
maballack: After much much...and in a bid to make my point clear

like I said in page one, I was smart in anticipating that some pple will just do la cram.la pour and so I added a 1000 at the end as opposed to those once on the net flying around

if you took time to check the figures, you would find out it has 5 1000's but the link you provided has just 4 1000's.

So you are still wrong bro
Re: Maths Riddle by maballack(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
The issue is not with the Take but with the "Another 1000" standing alone with out an action word as ADD as was in every other line even when another was used again
Re: Maths Riddle by jude33084(m): 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
suco_50: This is way too simple, the answer I got straight up within seconds at only one attempt is 5100. Seeing this on front page, I got nervous thinking it's some stuff which gon get me puzzled but I was in fact disappointed after checking the thread. Mind you, the guy who won the World Memory Challenge 2013 played with 4,200+ numbers, so this is just a child's play when considering such.

[size=20pt] OLODO![/size]
Re: Maths Riddle by haibe(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2013

This is the question in the link you provided and yes they are right

Question:
This riddle must be done IN YOUR HEAD and NOT
using paper and pen or a calculator. Try it!
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000
to it.
Now add 30. And another 1000.
Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10.
What is the total?

Answer:
Did you get 5000? Way to go. Most of us did, but
that’s wrong. The answer is 4100. Believe it: use a
calculator.

This question is different from mine, take time to read them

going by your logic, their answer should be 3100 which mean you are saying the "internationally answered 4100 is wrong"
Re: Maths Riddle by suco50(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
tayooluwole: Well, to ma understanding, d 'take' in d questn can be interpreted to be 'takeaway'......figures in d questn does nt carry any sign of money e.g #, $...... Logicaly, its imppossible to say 'take' dis figure(handlin it to someone) bt possible to say 'take' dis money. So, if d figures in d questn carries a sign of money, we can then say, d first 1000 was handed to a person afterwhich d various additn..by this analogy, we will endup gettin 5100. However, d figures in d questn re ordinary figures nt representin a physical money, so, in otherwise, its nt possible handlin an invisible figure afterwhich d various additn will be effeted... I therefore say, since d numbers in d questn re just ordinary figure dat does nt represent summfin physical, d 'take' can be assumed to be 'takeaway'....If dis is d case, d correct answer will be 3100.....

grin aah, Accountant Tayo Oluwole, I catch you today ! So you too are here, abeg no confuse us with the same confusion you accountants in UCH Accounts Department usually use to under pay workers. We thank God for IPPIS tonguegrin

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by haibe(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
maballack: The issue is not with the Take but with the "Another 1000" standing alone with out an action word as ADD as was in every other line even when another was used again

The internationally answered 4100 also took account of the 1000 in "Another 1000", so I guess you know you are wrong now
Re: Maths Riddle by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2013

Bros u r so wrong,i'v checkd d site,d questns r diff,ds 1 had an extra 1000 dan d 1 in d site

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by haibe(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
Charlesamino:
Bros u r so wrong,i'v checkd d site,d questns r diff,ds 1 had an extra 1000 dan d 1 in d site

That's what happen when people do la cram la pour, expecting to la forget after the test gringringrin
Re: Maths Riddle by Carsonv(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
zicoy6k:

Na wa ooo. I cant beliv dis...and u call urself a computer scientist?u should be arrested for this mathematical blunder. integers are subsets of real nos. There are +ve and -ve integers. Only natural nos(+ve integers) starts from zero to infinity.Besides who taught u dat u cant add integers and real nos. Infact only some prog languages require parsing before u can operate nos of different types.

True that. Forgive my error.

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by khaniku(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
tayooluwole: Well, to ma understanding, d 'take' in d questn can be interpreted to be 'takeaway'......figures in d questn does nt carry any sign of money e.g #, $...... Logicaly, its imppossible to say 'take' dis figure(handlin it to someone) bt possible to say 'take' dis money. So, if d figures in d questn carries a sign of money, we can then say, d first 1000 was handed to a person afterwhich d various additn..by this analogy, we will endup gettin 5100. However, d figures in d questn re ordinary figures nt representin a physical money, so, in otherwise, its nt possible handlin an invisible figure afterwhich d various additn will be effeted... I therefore say, since d numbers in d questn re just ordinary figure dat does nt represent summfin physical, d 'take' can be assumed to be 'takeaway'....If dis is d case, d correct answer will be 3100.....
Ehnnn,so whr exactly are u "takingaway" the 1000 frm,0 I guess.So how cum ur assuming d initial value is 0,while not 100000 or beta still -10000

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by donLEXY(m): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
bastien: guy u b BIG OLODO,which sch u dey attend self,tricky maths will never give u the real answer!

The first sentence said it all.......TAKE "1000" it mean take it way,and if its taken it will be 0,the plus 0 to the 40,and others

I hope u understand now!

From what I see, if the take means subtract, then the answer will be 3100. When u take 1000 from 0, you will get -1000, then adding the others to the value will give 3100. Except you want to give the first x value a figure
Re: Maths Riddle by duncomeech: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
smiley
haibe:
lol,
Re: Maths Riddle by Vickyoncee: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Maths Riddle by longshanks23: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
bastien: guy u b BIG OLODO,which sch u dey attend self,tricky maths will never give u the real answer!

The first sentence said it all.......TAKE "1000" it mean take it way,and if its taken it will be 0,the plus 0 to the 40,and others

I hope u understand now!
How can "take 1000" mean "take it away"? From what?
All you have done is try to complicate simple arithmetic with your warped knowledge of semantics.

2 Likes

Re: Maths Riddle by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2013

The link you provided has just 4 1000 while the op gave 5 1000's.

So do you get it now?
Re: Maths Riddle by Skullomania(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
haibe: Note: This riddle must be
done IN
YOUR HEAD ONLY and NOT
using
paper and a pen.
Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 30.
then another 1000.
Now add 20.
Now add another 1000.
Now add 10.
And then add 1000

What is the total?

Pls don't modify your post, its just for fun, lol.
Re: Maths Riddle by dejibimbo(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2013
my answer is stil 2100...the question is dosed with ambiguity....so u cant tell me exactly what is right or wrong...its all dependent on the interpretation u give it...we all know 2+3+2+5=12, thats clear nd nt ambigous...but the OP is based on perception nd interpretation...#myWORDS
Re: Maths Riddle by tayooluwole: 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
suco_50:

grin aah, Accountant Tayo Oluwole, I catch you today ! So you too are here, abeg no confuse us with the same confusion you accountants in UCH Accounts Department usually use to under pay workers. We thank God for IPPIS tonguegrin
lol.......wu be u oooooooooo......
Re: Maths Riddle by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: Maths Riddle by stepone(m): 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2013
Can't u guy just take time to "complement the SET" u av uncounted oranges, and u are ask to take 1000 off it add 40 to it. Don't u understand it should be 1040 oranges? Etc.

Answer is 5100. Haba ABC...

I see reason to support NYSC selective test.

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by GatJokez(f): 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
fox5: This question is a typical example of hw der could be errors eye-brain coordination.. Tk a mirage 4 example, u c it, ur brain tells u it's der, bt wen u get close enof, u find out it's jst an optical illusion.. Somtyms, 2 answer tricky questions lyk dis, u nid a 3rd party, the mouth. This can b answered easily by paraphrasing, thus, the eye sees, the mouth says then the brain processes wat the mouth says... If u do dat, u'll find out d answer's 4100.. Hop dis helps

I like your explanation, very true and interesting. Oh, good catch and proper correction smiley
Re: Maths Riddle by LordReed(m): 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
A bit late to the party but I say the answer is 5100.

@haibe
Keep em coming!

1 Like

Re: Maths Riddle by adediranta(m): 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
saw this question on an IQ test website last year...the answer is 4100..."take 1000" is the keyword there

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Download Mark Angel Comedy - Who Is Your Pastor (episode 99) / Facial Expression Of Receiving Calls / Some Killing English Sentence Very Funny Add Ur Pls Made In 9ja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.