Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? (19857 Views)

Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians / Sunny Ade Vs Ebenezer Obey: Who Do You Prefer? / Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2006
@spike cylinder, i av two of his life play. my dad has an archive of like 50 live plays. Treust me, i can sing the live play(the one he does at parties) from side A-B without mincing words.

I am a very very huge fan.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2006
@spike cylinder, do u know if there is a place online for people to watch KSA's live plays. Last time I saw him live was in 2001 and he was fantastic. I am a very big fan of this guy and I would like to see a whole lot more of him.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Greatpeter(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2006
KSA really rocks.
I was a fan but now i love gospel music more than any other music.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by spikedcylinder: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2006
@labiran,i really dont know if there's anywhere you can get to watch his live performance online o.But i could help you do a google search.

@gbenga,good for you!Unfortunately,my yoruba is not so good and i dont even know the meaning of most of the words because the guy speaks "ijinle yoruba" and thats hard for me to sing along to but it doesnt stop me from being a huge fan too!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2006
I am sure, you cant watch his performances live online. i hope to start streaming his music online soon, hopefully.

Whao@ spykecylinder, u need to learn some serious yoruba ooooo grin grin grin, you need to c me wen am in a good mood. i will say all the ayajos, and the owes in his song. U need to c me and my dad sing it together as if we created the music.
lol

One of the things i definitely miss about my dad!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by spikedcylinder: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2006
Its not like i dont know how to speak yoruba,i do but those really hard and local ones are tongue twisters lol!
I can still sing along to some of them like aye n reti,mercicul God,E bami rababa etc but not back to back o!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by roychicago(f): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2006
hi,
this is my first time on this site. i think its cool. i am the daughter of one of sunny ade's mates, the late roy chicago. i listen to a lot of old time music , kokoro, ik dairo, fela,osadebe e.t.c my friends think i'm crazy. holla grin
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by roychicago(f): 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2006
hello gbenga, if u r so good give us some lyrics
tongue
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2006
Whaoooooo, one of Roy-chicagos daughter?. thts cool, my dad talked so much about him but all i know is that sunny is the band chairman. Sunny clocked 60 this month and he visited asorock to greet obasanjo recently.

Well, if anyone knows the lyrics as well, please put it up:

Here is my first flow:
(chrs)
Baba mo ke peo oooo
baba oluorun
olulana je ona mi o la peregede, jona mi ola

Verse 1
Peregede la nroju ojo
(chrs)
Peregede la nroju osun
(chrs)
Iko kan ki ko bara(2x)

itakun to ni kerin ma wo odo
tohun terin ni o lo,

(chrs)
Baba mo ke peo oooo
baba oluorun
olulana je ona mi o la peregede, jona mi ola
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by spikedcylinder: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2006
*applause* grin
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2006
spike ylinder, u want some more?, this is an excerpt from E kilo fomode:

Won gbadiye ta, won fi owo ra awo
awo yeyin mefa, o fi pa okansoso
okansoso giro giro

okansoso erin ni isegbo
okansoso ekun ni s'odan
okansos ajanaku ti mi gbo kiji kiji

Awa ti begun ja, asegun egun gun
ati boria ja
awa dorisa akunlebo
agbejo aro fun olorun oba ooo
baba ni baba da
eni tolorun ba ti da, ko se farawe
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by nana(f): 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2006
I love the one he sang about Mothers,
Iya lalabaro omo x2e
Orisa biya kosi laiye o
Orisa biya sowon
Orisa biya kosi laiye o
Orisa biya sowon
Kini nbaje o ti mba gbagbe mama
kini nbaje o ti mba gbagbe yeye
O gbe mi sinu f'osu mesan
O pan mi sehin f'odun meta
Iya o se paor,be l'omo ose paro

Omo to ni iya ohun oda
Omo to ni mama ohun omo iyi omo
Ebere boya otoju mama re dada, etc,
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by roychicago(f): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2006
nice on Gbenga, he he he he he lol. grin
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 12:14pm On Aug 17, 2006
There is one i didnt remember d lyrics till today, I love the song so much, and am looking for the album.

it goes like this:
A gbe kini ohun de
waya tutu asoro magbesi oro

and later on there is a track in tht album tht says:
Dun mi ninu aya rere
Dumi ninu aya rere
Oluwa dakunye ooo, ma ma je a te.

Another song on that album says:
Oluwa ni gbeniga
Olorun ni gbeniga
Oluwa nigbeniga, Edumare ni sowora, bla bla bla

Anyone got that album?, i'll pay a million dollars to get it.(thats how much i need it)

Please holla back if you remember the title.

Now, for my Next track ranting:

Ki leleyi o Eja osan(2x)
Eja tutu, sokoyokoto
Mi o ni jeun ti o da
ki nlaju mi sile

Eyin ogunro mi
eleja tutu gbe waaa
Duro dede
( i didnt get the lyrics properly, i am just recalling it from memories of early 90's when i was i use to listen to it on my dads kenwood player as a kid
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2006
@ gbengaijot , the album you are talking about is called Synchro Series. I bought it a few years ago. In fact, if you have not heard that album, then you do not know KSA fully yet!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 10:19am On Aug 21, 2006
I have listened to it numerous times. So many times. My dad use to have it until the $onofabitch almajiris and militants in kano decided to raid the houses of all yoruba's living in Kano in 1999. My dad lost a lot so i couldnt lay my hands on it.

Will you be kind to send a copy to me please. If you have it on CD, can u rip and send it via www.yousendit.com .
If you only have its caassete, can you please make me a copy of it and send it by post. I am ready to bear the cost. Tell me how to get the funds over to you. By paypal, postal order, cheque. e.t.c

@ labiran, i'll be very glad if you can go miles to get that over to me.

NEWS: KSA played 6hrs non stop during Olumuyiwa Obasanjos( OBJS & stella's son) wedding recently. He is still his old self> that baba is da bomb
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 11:33pm On Aug 25, 2006
@ gbengaijot, I will send it to u within a few days. Did u say u had KSA Golden Beats on video?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:55pm On Aug 26, 2006
I dont have the vidoes, but if you need it, i can get my friend to upload it online and i'll send you the link.

I'll be expecting the file you'll send.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by omogenaija(f): 3:02am On Aug 27, 2006
Greatpeter u like gospel now abi ??

well thats y they call KSA oba orin , he has some gospel tracks Merciful God etc,
ask someone that grew up in his era they know u will enjoy his gospel tracks
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by queen2(f): 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2006
He's 60th birthday is coming soon, wishing him a happy birthday
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 2:09am On Aug 28, 2006
@ gbengaijot, I sent the KSA to u. U send that ur friend has a link from which he can put KSA's video. What is it?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 2:10am On Aug 28, 2006
@ gbengaijot, U said that your friend has a link from which he can put KSA's video. What is it?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2006
Anybody have KSA Golden Beats VCD?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2006
Mmmmmmm.i av watched the golfden beats, i guess i av it,
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2006
@ gbengaijot
can u send it to me??
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2006
email me ur postal address and i'll send it but on one condition?,

U'll will copy it on ur PC and post me the original back, is that ok?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 6:31pm On Nov 06, 2006
Thanks!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2006
worrrrrrdddddd?? i's a big KSA fan too peeps. What's crackin wit him lately??
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2006
does any one have domestic releases from KSA that they can put on yousendit.com? I like the later years of KSA, Odu, Seven Degrees North. I have all the international releases but I want to know if anyone has domestic releases (only released in Naija). ALso, I already have Divine Shield and Kool Samba. I think he has like 5 others out there. thanks!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2006
naw but u could listen to em at www.abeokuta.org
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by jomoal99: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2006
won lo'mode o mela,
olun mela katakaya
li mope ela kakayata
oba ija ni,

yea am an big time sunny fan.
my love was his share gebius with the guitar,
he would have defiately be on the same par as Hendrix he he sang soley in english.
in fact island records and the guy who made bob marlely
and international star tried to make sunny as bug as bob marley hence
the more synchronised rythm sof the 80's
#But I liked the 70's stuff, eliko fumo ode, koma rin nipado and so o

I too only got on to nairaland becauseI was looking for sunny performaces streaming life
'couldn't fimd anything. i hope some one puts it on line, would be great to see again
the glorious synchro series
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ jomoal99,

yea, i'm looking for KSA stuff too. if u find any, let me know. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / Top Ten Most Anticipated Nigerian Albums In 2021 / Tekno – 'On You' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.