Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? (6863 Views)

King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? / Nkem Owoh's Song "marry Me" / Nkem Owoh in 'I Go Chop Your Dollar' and 'Susana' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2006
When you talk about Highlife music, Orlandoh Owoh is a King,

With his hit track @ma wo mi roro@ he rocked the 80's with his blend of drums and keyboard with guitar,

Are you a lover of baba Kenerry?,

if you are, show your support for him here,

Lets appreciate our indigenious artiste

2 Likes

Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by hoodboi(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2006
i'm a ril fan,
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2006
Which of his song do you know?, at hood?,

I like "Ma wo mi roro@

and "Iyawo Olele"
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 11:24pm On Nov 30, 2006
@gbenga,

wow man, we seem to like da same kind of stuff. I am also a big fan of Owoh. E se rere and E get as be are classics.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by jerrymania(m): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2006
@ gbengajiot

how old are you sef?

Men get into the future!
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbadex1(m): 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2006
Moving into the future doesn't mean forgetting the past.

1 Like

Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by jerrymania(m): 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2006
You call that past?? thats acient men!
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2006
WTF WHAT the **** kind of horse s***t is that. y do u have problem with somebody of ur generation liking Owoh? C'mon. f***ing be 4real.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by globalaid(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2006
real real fan, i like all his music, the man is a genious. ohun oju mi ri lalagbon.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2006
Da real is fan is here brof.

I like Kangaroo,Ibaje eniyan and so many others hit tracks
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2006
@Jerrymani, i am in my early twenties, and may i say, it aint no crime to listen to oldies,

Do u think i am like you that only listen to crap music that gives u good beats, but bad lyrics,

I love any song that makes sense to me,

I am not a fan of usher raymond, but i like his track "you remind me" coz it made sense to me,

I like styl-plus coz their song always av a concept and storyline, same with lagbaja. I like all oldies, coz i grew up with it and coz they make original music with musical instreuments ( I love beautiful nubia for that as well) not, Mbox and other drum machine software, like most kennis music artiste does.

Talk of sunny, Orlandoh Owoh( i respect that baba more than i respect KSA), orlandoh julius, Hasruna Ishola, Ebenezer Obey, Bob Marley e.t.c

Either u like it or not, All those baba's are the foundation of Nigerian Music. No wonder tony tetuila copied Ebenezers obey to make "u don hit my car" and Nomoreloss copied orlandoh owoh to make "iyawo Olele".

So why the heck!
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2006
@gbenga,

VERY good arguments. As far as I'm concerned, point made!! Check the KSA Are u a fan like me? topic.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 10:35pm On Dec 02, 2006
undecided
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2006
I'd like to believe Im the biggest Orlando fan I know.

I used to piss my parents off when I was younger cos I'd make them play his cassettes in car anytime we go anywhere.

A few times I've even told my dad that he needs to get him to see at my wedding when I get married. They all think Im insane

Anyway I recently heard about his stroke? I think they said it was a stroke and that his condition isnt great anymore and his voice has really deteriorated. cry
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2006
He is better now.I grew up listening to his tapes and record and still representing till now.

Sometimes you cannot compare is blend of music and knowledge contained in it.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2006
I wrote a small piece on him at www.naijabrains.com ,you might want to read it.

Theif of hearts, trust me, i am a greater fan than you, you av no idea how much i can mime most of his song, lol#

Do ou remembere "Ma wo mi roro"

Its my best,

1 Like

Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 9:05am On Dec 05, 2006
Ma wo mi roro o,ma wo mi ro ro

ma wo mi roro bi omo aji golu o

ma wo mi roro bi ma ji moto ka Guda o

ma wo wo mi roro bi ma ji su lo ja o e

Bo po ba ri wa lo de wa ri wa wo wa ten be lu, grin grin
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 10:09am On Dec 05, 2006
"kaylala, the rest is:

Sebi lasan lajanaku
Foju ise wo'bo obo o kuku toroje

E ma ma pe wa lalagbe mo
Amuludun loruko tiwa

Talalabaro mi, Oluwa lalabarow mi,

Does anyone remember iyawo olele?, reminds me so much of my dad, lol(trust me you dont wanna hear the story, )
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2006
Aguda o je labe gesi o

ise owo wa la n je

Gunugun kan gba guru lasan,ki ni kan o pami se

Awon to pe ran won ni jo pataki awa won a o ri wan mo (awon da)

grin grin

Oluwa oma ti ri inu mi dakun wa fi ere si ise mi

Ojo ji je okere,ojo okere fi ebi sun lo po,
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2006
Chei, kaylala, i am huming it here like maddddddddddd,

I guess you know @iyawo olele@.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2006
very well
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gianni(f): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2006
kenery father!

@ kaylala,my fav line is 'aguda [or is it agutan? ] o je labe geesi o,

ise owo wa lawa n je'.

do you remember-

'asaro elepo rede rede,sohun lomo iyale logbe

asaro funfun balau,sohun lomo iyale logbe

omo jetan omo l'ogba ball

beni balee wole de _ _ _

abeg kaylala fill in the blanks! wink
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gianni(f): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2006
i love what nomoreloss did to 'iyawo olele'.

great song!
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by kaylala(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2006
gianni:

kenery father!

@ kaylala,my fav line is 'aguda o je labe geesi o,

ise owo wa lawa n je'.

do you remember-

'asaro elepo rede rede,sohun lomo iyale logbe

asaro funfun balau,sohun lomo iyawo logbe

omo jetan omo l'ogba ball

beni balee wole de _ _ _

abeg kaylala fill in the blanks! wink

beni Iyale wole de

beni baale wole de

Ni Iyale ba ka wo leri,lo be bere si ni sokun

Oni aseni se ra e oma se (2ce)

Ebu ika to n bu sile,omo lo pada we je

E se re re e e se re re,e se rere ko ba le ye wa o

gianni,you are the chick grin
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gianni(f): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2006
@kaylala , thanx

ehm ehm undecided for the the record, i'm a girl so ' i'm d girl !
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by TerraCotta(m): 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2006
gbengaijot:

orlandoh julius, Hasruna Ishola, Ebenezer Obey, Bob Marley e.t.c

You've got good taste--the other Orlando makes great afrobeat, and I've got a great Haruna Ishola compilation that came out recently. My favorite Obey song is "Ko Easy Lati Je Omo Okunrin". It's a loss that there aren't many young people forming bands like those guys anymore, but I guess that's how it works all over the world now. Nomoreloss's "Iyawo Asiko" is cool though,
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2006
sure, av gt a great taste man, lol
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by ikamefa(f): 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2006
grew up listening to this guy, ma fav song from him is Logba! Logba!

where is he now by the way?

Orlando Owomoyela Owoh! is one of a kind! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 7:37am On Dec 11, 2006
@ikamefa, he is still in Nigeria,
living on royalties
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gianni(f): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2006
yes oo.he's still in naija.i hope he has given up ganja.that's one thing about him that fascinates me.an ald man that dopes and sings about it [save for late fela].

1 Like

Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2006
Mmm, i am still not sure about that ganja, why coz i have been trying to see evidence of it. He recently claimed in a sunnews interview that he doesnt smoke igbo, that its called "ajunwa" i think,

He once had stroke, but i think he is alrite now. Does anyone have his CD or song on mp3. I have only got them on tapes. I want them on my IPod so that i can listen to it on the run.
Re: Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? by JustGood(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2007
asaro elepo rederede

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spanking New : Rema - Fire Tonight Mp3 + Video / Runtown - Redemption (Official Video) / New Radio Station, Rave FM 91.7, Launched In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.