Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,960 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? (19856 Views)

Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians / Sunny Ade Vs Ebenezer Obey: Who Do You Prefer? / Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by jomoal99: 9:07pm On Dec 01, 2006
and also people often forget that Sunny was more than anything esle a great stage perfomrmer- especailly again  in the seventies. He brought  a kind of   synchronised dancing on stage with his guitar and his crew that you see people like beyouce do now! That seperated him from what was then  his main rival- ebenezer obey who horn his own style and position as the gentleman  artist. Obey as more like the singer for the mature. Whereas  the king was more for the  young.

I thing with getting older and  time  the  stage  artistry also became  more mature. But sunny held the youg peoples  heart until people like del abiodun  also brought their brand as well as Shina peters-(  shina peters used to be part of a duo- I wonder if any one knows what they were  called bef/4 sina peter ,ave fogotten.

won romo lloja
kolo rori oka oni nain wa
iru meji
akara meji
pelu ogiri
meje,
won waru po
won lo,

won wa ko fun padi yen padi odensi
won was ko fun padi yen
padi
odensi
osika maseka
maseka mo
ika a porika o,
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2006
good info, also really like dat song, from Ekilo f'omode album. It is also on Synchro System.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2006
@ gbenga, what happened to KSA on utube?? cry cry
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2006
i will get it sorted soon man
soory
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2006
ok, i continue looking. thxns.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 9:49pm On Dec 03, 2006
yea, anyone heard Prince Sunny Ade's music (son)??
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2006
yeah, i heard abt it, but i avent got any of his songs, av u>?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 5:08pm On Dec 04, 2006
naw, but someone told me dat PSA resings all KSA's songs, in rap. I dont know how dat can be done, really.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:40pm On Dec 04, 2006
no matter how good PSA can be, he cant do it like the KSA himself, lol

KSA 4 ever
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2006
yea, I heard about PSA. He aight. He is living in US (New York) studying music. King Sunny Ade also goes there once in a while.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 11:24pm On Dec 04, 2006
this is a media coverage of KSA, copy and paste it to your browers fellas, peace:

http://soundsofafrica.tv/previews/KingSunnyAde.html
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2006
Check it out:

mms://205.178.146.40/209207/soundsofafrica.tv-KingSunnyAde.wmv
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2006
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 1:24am On Dec 05, 2006
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Christino(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2007
My fave Album - Triumph
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by diyobdw(f): 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2007
nice one
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 1:06am On May 16, 2007
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by IBDat(m): 1:21am On May 16, 2007
Christino:

My fave Album - Triumph

I 2nd that too my fave by far.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by temmyabby(f): 11:12pm On May 24, 2007
no, i'm not
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2007
temmyabby:

no, i'm not

sorry, can you pls explain this?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 12:19am On Jun 16, 2007
did anybody here what one musician said recently? I was utterly shocked. Uwaifo said KSA cannot play guitar! shocked
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2007
yo, if any one got a concert clip of ksa in 05 in USA, post. he was praise singing and getin sprayed. i know SOMEBODY got it. peace,
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by ariyaspot(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2007
Wow, wow,wow, home sweet home. I used to think I was the only King Sunny Ade Freak under 20 (when I was that), now I am almost 30 and still remain a freak. However, I have listed to all his albums and discovered his unending album trooves of live events. KSA is a great artist and listening to only his produced albums is just a minutia of his talents. Particularly, I loved his live recordings from when he was very young 1970. His musical peak is probably 1988 and what I mean is in terms of musical production. Anyway, for other fans of KSA who would like to discover and listen to him more, I buy my KSA live tapes from www.stores.ebay.com/ariyaspot00.
If you prefer the fast tempo beats you can try KSA 9017 Dokpesi, KSA 9029 Fashewe or KSA_9002 Egbe Omo Ifelodun. They also have live tapes of King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal and Obey commander, even Barrister and Kollington is present
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by monzi: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2007
@ariyaspot,

wow!! thanks, do you have all his live tapes on that site? can you lend me some by email or something? also, do you have live footage of him (video)? if so, can u post on youtube.com? thanks, smiley
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by SholaBaby: 3:50pm On May 08, 2008
Hi everyone out there, This is a new kid on the block and I do I have a problem. I am a great fan of Sunny Ade and his music and my favorite of all time is the one titled "Oro Igbagbo" with the lyric that goes further saying Oro Igbagbo lo mu mi gbori oke lo, Mo bo lowo ota to mi se bi ore si mi, etc,etc meaning that the words of faith compel me to climb the hill top, I am delivered from a foe who's acting like a friend to me, etc. So if there is anyone who knows where I can find a copy preferably a LP or CD. please shout it out and it shall be greatly appreciated

Thanks and God bless
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by lucabrasi(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2008
king sunny ade thats the man right there,as massive as he is musically the man is soo humble as well,saw him at the airport in dublin and went to meet him,the man was chattn with me and making jokes and i was sooo impressed,one of my best songs of his is samba he he he samba in fact i love all his songs,the instrumentals,everything just like fela
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:34pm On May 08, 2008
Samba---------------------------------------------------------------KSA! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SliSy9j3iIo&feature=related

[size=15pt]Hold Tight![/size]
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:39pm On May 08, 2008
365 Is My Number---------------------------------------------------------------------KSA!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-uratquEIE&feature=related

[size=15pt]R-E-D-I-A-L![/size]

Oh Yes!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2008
Sunny Tide Ariya----------------------------------------------------------------------------KSA! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcaMeMYxuRE&feature=related
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2008
Looking for [size=15pt]Ja Fummi![/size] cool
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:44pm On May 08, 2008
Looking for [size=15pt]Ma Jaiye Oni! [/size] cool
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Spermdrops(m): 10:50pm On May 08, 2008
The Return Of The Juju King----------------------------------------KSA! cool

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Juju-Sunny-African-Beats/dp/B00000474G

1. Sunny Loni Ariya 
2. Sweet Banana 
3. Olomoge Ma Jo 
4. Mo Ti Kole Mi Sori Apata 
5. Ona Mi La 
6. My Dear
7. E Gbe Kini Yi Laruge 
8. Odu Oteyi Yato 
9. Emi Nfe 
10. Ori O Bami Se Temi 
11. A Mbo O 
12. Oluwa Lo Yan Mi Wa
13. Let Them Say 
14. Mo Ti Gb'Ohun Oluwa 
15. Gbass Kelele 
16. Ma Jo Bi Olokun
17. E Ba Mi Dupe F'Oluwa 

[size=15pt]Absolutely the very best there is![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / Top Ten Most Anticipated Nigerian Albums In 2021 / Tekno – 'On You' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.