Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria (835 Views)

Sheik Gumi Reacts To Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Revsola: 8:16am On Dec 18, 2013
Dear Iyabo,
Mine is a short letter because I am a very busy person. I sincerely saw your points in the open letter to your Dad

However,i think its wrong to abuse your father in the public:No matter what he has done ...you still need to honour your Dad!...even when he is not "honourable".
Deuteronomy 5:16
"Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
[b][/b]

Iyabo...how can you say something like this
"For you to accuse someone else of what you so obviously practiced yourself tells of your narcissistic megalomaniac personality" to your father ?

Hope you know your "political relevance" is because you still carry his name! All the positions you found yourself today...is it not because of whose daughter you are.
Some can applaud you today because of your letter...but posterity can not absolve you!
Sorry...I am not taking sides...but I think you should know better:
(1)Your father "is" a Military man...therefore that emotional attachment to kids might have been buried long ago
(2) In a "mega-polygamous" family...its not possible to be fair to all!
(3) Your father's personality/decisions can only be appeased not influenced!

If your kids read this letter they may laugh...but they will lose their respect for your father and even you!

MY ADVICE: Go and beg for forgiveness from God,withdraw your letter and write a letter of apology to be published publicly. Don't forget the law of Harvest:Whatsoever a man soweth that is also what he will reap"

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by simpleseyi: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2013
The blame should be on a father that brought up a child with no manners such that she can't even bear another man's name beside her father's name. No husband, no boy friend, no bed mate, not even a se.x partner. THIS IS FRUSTRATION.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by okeymadu(m): 8:31am On Dec 18, 2013
@OP, Very good preaching but you forgot that if she fails to do what she did and when she did it, she would put her life at risk for a "dishonorable father". How? Because, in the eye of the public, she was once a part of the ruling elite who with their education, could not make any impact in government when they had the opportunity.

Now, it only make sense if she exonerates herself from the self guilt. Doing this after her dad's demise would not make a sense.

I strongly support her actions. You has a "Pastor" should first teach her father to be "fatherly". Since you "failed" in this aspect please keep/save you advise.

This is for me anyways: I will now respect Iyabo and greet her whenever I run into her in the streets of America or elsewhere. The notions I had of her, are now replaced by that of respect.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Zakkyoz: 8:36am On Dec 18, 2013
So many open letters these days. I will soom write mine but i'm yet to decide on who the recipient should be.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Rexceedo: 8:54am On Dec 18, 2013
Dis girl no dey fear, she dey act as if she no know her fada
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by edo3(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2013
A song by kayode fashola, Baba eni ni baba eni, iya eni ni iya eni o. I dnt evn see anytn in dt leta per se. She just wnt 2 clear herself 4rm all d corruptns rumoured about her. But i guess is late.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Danhumprey: 9:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Another open letter! No worry,me sef dey compose my own! angry
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Decapo: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2013
Typing...
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by strangest(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2013
ok...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Adindupeter: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2013
"Don't forget
the law of Harvest:Whatsoever a man soweth
that is also what he will reap"
Obasanjo is reaping what he sow through his daughter!!.. It's obvious you're are biased.. When Obj when public with a letter he addressed to the president of a country u didn't see anything wrong with it baa? Bunch of hypocrites!!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by gratiaeo(m): 9:31am On Dec 18, 2013
Op you forgot the bible passage that says; Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it. (proverb 22:6)
Its all OBJ failure and incompetency that he failed to managed his family and his administration

Nigerian’s problem is not bribery, not corruption not even greed rather our fundamental problem is incompetence. Incompetent corrupt societies are societies that do not have the in-built mechanisms to self- correct and self-adjust because the fundamental foundation of those societies are situated on

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2013
OP, You have succesfully preached a nice sermon to those who do not give a hoot about Jesus Christ and his teachings...

You see, always analyse your targets before you preach.

Telling a generation of un-believing crooks and goans to honour their paternal entities is a waste of time.

Did Obasanjo and her daughter ever profess their salvation and convertion to you?
Lol.. even if they did profess, how do you correlate christianity with wife beating, non-challant attitude, wickedness, hypocrisy, crime, assault, looting, destructive corny genes and adultery?

Before you compose messages of honour, make sure you're referring to faithful believers.

Your message would have gained better applause if you talked about repentance and restitution. Restitution in the sense that Obasanjo and his family would return ALL they stole to the Federation's account, thereafter they render themselves to be locked up in prison for life FOR trying to SINK the destiny of about 160,000,000 souls (Nigerians).

Failure to do this renders your message useless as they'll ALL pay for their wickedness and abominations here on earth or after life (or both).

If you're much concerned about HONOUR. I'm here to tell you there is no iota of honour in HELL as both father and daughter would be stripped naked to burn till ETERNITY.

Acidosis
©2013.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by PointB: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2013
Op,
She also said of Obasanjo:

You are one of those petty people who think the progress and success of another takes from you. You try to overshadow everyone around you, before you and after you. You are the prototypical “Mr. Know it all”. You’ve never said “I don’t know” on any topic, ever. Of course this means you surround yourself with idiots who will agree with you on anything and need you for financial gain and you need them for our insatiable ego. This your attitude is a reflection of the country.

Would you add that to list of the grouse while at it?
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2013
Typing my own open letter

Typing........................
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2013
So many open letters
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2013
The lady is very intelligent. She knows her dad has made lots of enemies and wants to quickly distance herself from him.
She got this far due to her father's name but she obviously used his name to get there herself and not by her dad.
Like a poster said, if the man dies tomorrow, she won't be seen as making false claims because the man is dead and would be absolved.
She is also making it known that she is of no threat politically with no interest whatsoever or discussing it so that she won't be a target of assassination attempt again.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 18, 2013
y'all still taking medicine for another man's sickness when shes(iyabo) already refute ever writing such a letter. Op you rather too hasty in opening this thread.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by DahomeyAmazon(f): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by DahomeyAmazon(f): 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
I hate when people quote religious book, I have learnt only hypocrites does
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
y'all still taking medicine for another man's sickness when shes(iyabo) already refute ever writing such a letter. Op, you're rather too hasty in opening this thread.
Re: Open Letter To Iyabo Obasanjo...by A Concerned Nigeria by Brimmie(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2013
OP.. You should have directed your letter to Remoks!! Or Abati.. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu To Head EFCC If APC Wins? / APC NASS &KDHA Law Makers Pass A Vote Of No Confidence On Chairman / Shekarau, Others Comfirmed Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.