Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor (1388 Views)

Oba Of Lagos’ Bombshell: I Shared Abacha’s Bribe To Yoruba Monarchs / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by kglamour(m): 1:53am On Dec 19, 2013
Senator Iyabo Obasanjo, daughter of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, is standing by her earth-shaking letter published this morning in Vanguard newspaper and reproduced by News Express as well as some
other media.
“We have contrary information. We have spoken with her several times
today and she’s standing by her letter. We have her on record, so it’s
not a problem,” Vanguard Editor Mideno Bayagbon said when News
Express called minutes ago to get his reaction to the news making the
rounds that Iyabo has disowned the letter.
Asked what he made of the radio programme in which Iyabo reportedly
denied writing the letter, the Vanguard Editor said: “I did not watch or
listen to it, so I do not know who appeared on the programme.”
Bayagbon disclosed that that Vanguard has more on the issue, saying:
“We are doing an update tomorrow.”
It would be recalled that in the 11-page explosive letter dated December
16, 2013, Senator Iyabo described retired Gen. Obasanjo as a liar,
manipulator, and two-faced hypocrite determined to foist on President
Goodluck Jonathan what no one would contemplate with him as
president.
Senator Iyabo Obasanjo further accused her father of having an egoistic
craving for power and living a life where only men of low esteem and
intellect thrive.
She berated Obasanjo for orchestrating a third term for himself as
president, cruelty to family members, abandonment of children and
grandchildren, and also, a legendary reputation of maltreatment of
women.
Iyabo told him pointblank that he does not own Nigeria and should stop
deceiving himslef.
From the tone of the letter, it is obvious that Iyabo, first child of the
former president, strongly believes that her father ought to be in jail on
account of his numerous atrocities. She started the letter titled, Open
Letter to my Father with a 4th century Chinese proverb by Mencius
which states: “The great man is he who does not lose his child’s heart.”
Iyabo wrote in the introductory part of the letter: “It brings me no joy
to have to write this but since you started this trend of open letters I
thought I would follow suit since you don’t listen to anyone anyway. The
only way to reach you may be to make the public aware of some things.
As a child well brought up by my long-suffering mother in Yoruba
tradition, I have been reluctant to tell the truth about you but as it
seems you still continue to delude yourself about the kind of person you
are and I think for posterity’s sake it is time to set the records straight.”
The former senator denied any political motive for her letter. As she
wrote, “This letter is not in support of President Jonathan or APC or any
other group or person, but an outpouring from my soul to God. I don’t
blame you for the many atrocities you have been able to get away with,
Nigerians were your enablers every step of the way. People ultimately
get leaders that reflect them.”
The former senator, who was provoked into writing the letter by
Obasanjo’s recent 18-page letter to President Jonathan, has ruled out
further communication with her father till death.
Short URL : http://www.osundefender.org/?p=138676
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Freewilly(f): 2:00am On Dec 19, 2013
I'm getting tied of this back and forth, so who am I supposed to believe now. If only Obasanjo would die like I've been praying for since he left office, I won't have to hear the name Obasanjo again.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Freewilly: I'm getting tied of this back and forth, so who am I supposed to believe now. If only Obasanjo would die like I've been praying for since he left office, I won't have to hear the name Obasanjo again.
Expect APC e-attackers honey cheesy
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by obuksjr(m): 2:20am On Dec 19, 2013
Freewilly: I'm getting tied of this back and forth, so who am I supposed to believe now. If only Obasanjo would die like I've been praying for since he left office, I won't have to hear the name Obasanjo again.
Mind what you wish people.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by kglamour(m): 2:29am On Dec 19, 2013
I am not fans of obj, but babe! you are heartless. why are u wishing your fellow human being dead?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by lincolnj88: 7:52am On Dec 19, 2013
grin obj is politically damaged.......

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Dec 19, 2013
Obasanjo Apologists, what more do you want??

Iyabo Obasanjo Refuses To Deny Authorship Of Letter To Her Father - Sahara Repoters

grin grin grin grin
na by force to deny the letter? grin grin

I really wonder why some people choose to believe a useless unintelligent report from a useless unrecognised radio station grin Of All Media in Nigeria grin grin

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/iyabo-obasanjo-refuses-deny-authorship-letter-her-father

Obasanjo is Finished! grin grin grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by israel007: 8:12am On Dec 19, 2013
Letter is real
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by ShineIt: 9:20am On Dec 19, 2013
Why is this not on front page why her fake denial is there?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Olaolufred(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2013
TIME WILL TELL.

PDP IN A MESS.

FUJI HOUSE OF COMMOTION.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by boolet: 10:19am On Dec 19, 2013
Whether or not the letter was written by her, I don't care. For all I care, the letter gives more insight to Obasanjo's personality. He is a disappointment for he had the chance to become a national hero and he squandered it due to his selfishness and opted to become a national trash can. 8 yrs to rebuild the nation after the menace of khakistocracy and he did nothing... We all know he is a wolf in sheep clothing and the clothing doesn't fit!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Igwe9(m): 10:36am On Dec 19, 2013
There will be some tranquility on Nairaland for the next few days now that the hunter is being the hunted. Now that the content of the letter has been found to have truly emanated from Iyabo.

Could the likes of Payless do us all a favor by first, tendering an unreserved public apology to the presidency for accusing them of a crime they know nothing about?
I will try and bookmark all the pages for future references.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by rozayx5(m): 10:49am On Dec 19, 2013
space booked , OBJ in trouble grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by RockMaxi: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2013
NEWS Engineering............ grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo’s Bombshell: ‘i Stand By My Letter’ •letter Genuine —vgd Editor by Riot5000: 3:02am On Sep 26, 2014
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO, LIVE AFTER THEM.
You cannot deceive your own Child if you are not forthright with him or her.
This particular phenomenon that made this Woman get straight with her Cold Blooded Father, the ultimate Igbo Hater, is the same phenomenon that makes daughters of Racists white fathers get attracted to men of the same race their fathers hate. UGLY is UGLY and nothing changes that.
KARMA and NATURE will always find their ways.
Those of you who brag about how this APE killed Women and Children in the civil war, even when he did not have to, here is an in depth look into the soul of a BEAST from the window of his own daughter's soul.
Fela Anikulakpo Kuti, you were a Legend. You stood up to this BEAST, and we all miss you.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t bring your ‘pedestrian politics’ to Oyo – APC warns Fayose / PDP/ Jonathan Supporters Why Don't You Like Criticism Or You Just Hate APC. / We Can No Longer Sustain "Barren, Parasitic & Ignorant" North.- Asari Dokubo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.