Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Who Should Pay On A Date? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pay On A Date? (9010 Views)

Who Should Pay On A Date ????? / Who Should Pay For The Flight? / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hannibal:

It's an Italian restaurant. . . . . .
I drink like a fish and EAT like Andre The Giant. . . .
Are u sure your part-time job last year is good enough to satisfy me appetite.
I don't want u to come to Nairaland with a top that screams: HELP. . . . He got me BROKE!! cheesy grin
Roflmao! I should hope so, otherwise there are always the classic options of washing dishes or just running out of the restaurant when the waiters/waitresses turn their heads cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by rubi(f): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
@Topic yes the man should pay, it makes a woman feel the TLC
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Roflmao! I should hope so, otherwise there are always the classic options of washing dishes or just running out of the restaurant when the waiters/waitresses turn their heads cheesy

Don't get me arrested. . . . .There are over 13 CCTVs in and out the restaurant. . . . .
In 48 hours, cops would be knocking me door(not yours). . . .afterall, i am the BLOKE. . They expect me to foot the bill.
The safest option is taking 1 grand in cash with u.

P.S. Washing dishes aint a classic option. . . . .the wages of a kitchen staff is 5 pounds/hour. U will have to put in 200 hrs to offset the bill. tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2008
-
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol! cheesy

5 pounds/hour? Even at such a posh restaurant? Jeez, I could almost swear that employees serving at Mcdonalds make even more more than that cheesy

Jobs like that don't attract good pay.
So think hard before u make such moves. . . . . .Don't do a runner @ West End.
The cops in that area are brutes. grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Jobs like that don't attract good pay.
So think hard before u make such moves. . . . . .Don't do a runner @ West End.
The cops in that area are brutes. grin
Lol, i hear you, plus i don't need a criminal record cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol, i hear you, plus i don't need a criminal record cheesy

Not a good thang in the UK. . . .
So take out ur cheque book and letz go-a-EATING. cheesy
I wanna eat some lobsters n scallions.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Not a good thang in the UK. . . .
So take out your cheque book and letz go-a-EATING. cheesy
I want to eat some lobsters n scallions.
Hahahaha, lobsters you know!
How's about we just go somewhere like Nandos or TGIF grin cool
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Hahahaha, lobsters you know!
How's about we just go somewhere like Nandos or TGIF grin cool

Nandos is a shitty place. . . .
I can't stand all em pant-sagging, hat-wearing, headfones- blaring geezers that hang around Nandos.
In me opinion. . . . .Nandos is like Mr Biggs in Lagos.
Besides, i hate their food. . . grin cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Nandos is a shitty place. . . .
I can't stand all em pant-sagging, hat-wearing, headfones- blaring geezers that hang around Nandos.
In me opinion. . . . .Nandos is like Mr Biggs in Lagos.
Besides, i hate their food. . . grin cheesy
I agree sha, nothing special, though I don't hate it, to be honest, I have only been to Nandos's once tongue
The way people go on about their food, especially their chicken, you would think it was God's gift to earth, seriously
Just something within a young teenage girl's budget embarassed grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

I agree sha, nothing special, though I don't hate it, to be honest, I have only been to Nandos's once tongue
The way people go on about their food, especially their chicken, you would think it was God's gift to earth, seriously
Just something within a young teenage girl's budget embarassed grin

Teenage girl's budget?? We might have to go to Lagos.
Mallam Adamu's suya spot should be easily affordable. . . . . .How quickly can u secure a Naija visa??

Nandos is not all that. . . . . .Nigerians love it though because of their sweet roasted corn.
Apart from that corn, their other stuffs are below standard.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
The man should pay, but is he aint got money, sis, help him out and he will pay u back when he has gotten a job.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

The man should pay, but is he aint got money, sis, help him out and he will pay u back when he has gotten a job.
I will pay but it will surely change my perception of you.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

I will pay but it will surely change my perception of you.

na wa for you oh, u wanna enjoy the good side of western culture and the good one of nija and dump the other, see you, you dont wanna dubmit to the man and yet u wanna spend his money?
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
No mind the yeye aproko. Na for fantasy island she dey live. When reality strike she go wound.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hannibal:

Teenage girl's budget?? We might have to go to Lagos.
Mallam Adamu's suya spot should be easily affordable. . . . . .How quickly can u secure a Naija visa??

Nandos is not all that. . . . . .Nigerians love it though because of their sweet roasted corn.
Apart from that corn, their other stuffs are below standard.
Lol cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

na wa for you oh, u want to enjoy the good side of western culture and the good one of nija and dump the other, see you, you don't want to dubmit to the man and yet u want to spend his money?
I will surely care for my man and be there to fulfill his every need. As for money, oka i was raised in any area of southern gentlemen and they always paid. I have no problem you know taking up the bill. In fact there will be days instead you taking me out, i will take you out and pay.

HCH3COO:

No mind the yeye aproko.  Na for fantasy island she dey live.  When reality strike she go wound.
Nwannem nwoke, o gini?
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
Nope. Both should pay on a date.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

I will surely care for my man and be there to fulfill his every need. As for money, oka i was raised in any area of southern gentlemen and they always paid. I have no problem you know taking up the bill. In fact there will be days instead you taking me out, i will take you out and pay.
Nwannem nwoke, o gini?

there are some times when a man is low on cash and such days, the best u cld do for such man like u said is to be there for him, like be4 u leave the house, give him the money for the date, not that you will get there, and say " you fool, here take money and pay for it"
western world style is you pay urs and i pay mine, it is african culture that will pay for the lady.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

No mind the yeye aproko. Na for fantasy island she dey live. When reality strike she go wound.

i am sure she is just messing with y'all, she will be a down to eath kinda babe and will be free giver too to her man
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

there are some times when a man is low on cash and such days, the best u cld do for such man like u said is to be there for him, like be4 u leave the house, give him the money for the date, not that you will get there, and say " you fool, here take money and pay for it"
western world style is you pay urs and i pay mine, it is african culture that will pay for the lady.
in western culture, that whole you pay for yourself thing, is when you are still in the friend mode. But once you start dating, he should pay. But if he doesn't have money, why are you taking me out in the first place? And if i have to pay, i will take up the bill, not give you the money before we live. But yeah i don't mind taking up the bill everynow and then. I mean i get be getting all the taking, and him doing the giving. im not self fish.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

in western culture, that whole you pay for yourself thing, is when you are still in the friend mode. But once you start dating, he should pay. But if he doesn't have money, why are you taking me out in the first place? And if i have to pay, i will take up the bill, not give you the money before we live. But yeah i don't mind taking up the bill everynow and then. I mean i get be getting all the taking, and him doing the giving. im not self fish.

In western world, till u marry, my sister, it is u pay ur and i pay mine.
Even after theya re married, it is all cos they most of the time have join account.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Hannibal: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ ibkaye,

Have u been banished from Nigeria??
Your "lol" is a tad sinister. wink
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

In western world, till u marry, my sister, it is u pay your and i pay mine.
Even after theya re married, it is all because they most of the time have join account.
Well for me in the states, i don't pay for myself most of the time. Oka on the first date, it is all about first impressions. So yeah the man should pay on the first date. But afterwards, the woman should pay sometimes you know. it is only right. But then again i know some scandalous ladies that will purposely order the most expensive thing just so she can test how much he got in his pocket.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2008
@onyinye God help such woman that she's got money with her because i'll take the exit door, then we'll see who's smarter tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by jaquan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2008
whomever eats the most food, pays by default! chikena!
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Well for me in the states, i don't pay for myself most of the time. Oka on the first date, it is all about first impressions. So yeah the man should pay on the first date. But afterwards, the woman should pay sometimes you know. it is only right. But then again i know some scandalous ladies that will purposely order the most expensive thing just so she can test how much he got in his pocket.
I think what you mean to say is that you find it "attractive" when a man foots the bill on a first date, it leaves a lasting inmpression on you.  All these shouts of "he should pay" is rather your alter ego messing with your agbari.  You don't want to be a submissive wife, you make your own money, yet you go out with your man boyfriend and still expect him to pay.  I no be mugu o, you go wash dishes well well.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 6:50pm On Aug 01, 2008
dreeldee:

@onyinye God help such woman that she's got money with her because i'll take the exit door, then we'll see who's smarter tongue
LOL!!! Watch her turn on the charm and you bring out your wallet.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
no charm will make me pay when she's ordering what i've never and don't know when i'll have a taste of such in a lifetime tongue tongue grin grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2008
grin shocked grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
farting like a pirate is very charming.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2008
dreeldee:

no charm will make me pay when she's ordering what i've never and don't know when i'll have a taste of such in a lifetime tongue tongue grin grin

cldnt have said it better, yu will know an hungry lady by what she order at a restaurant, you will know that a lady that has never seen good food by what she order at the restaurant, and ladies as such shd be made to suffer such.
Anyhow, nothing wrong in a man paying, but if she cant afford it, i will stay home and we will soak gari, u odnt like it? go to the next guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kissing In Public- Is It Wrong? / Who Knows Kulboy Please??? / Please Help A Lesby Who Is Desperate To Break Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.