Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Who Should Pay On A Date? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Should Pay On A Date? (9007 Views)

Who Should Pay On A Date ????? / Who Should Pay For The Flight? / Man or Woman, Who Should Pay on a Restaurant Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka go and be cheap. And all you going to get is cheap girls who only buy things with coupons. tongue

You mean it is bad to buy something with coupon?
tell me u have never gone to a boxing day;s sales?
na wa for yu oh, the more you talk, the more you are making me think that u too like money oh.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2008
StephenP:

On the first date, she better be ready to go to Chevy's or Olive Garden.
Olive Garden? well that is your cup of tea, but personally if i was a dude i wouldn't take no girl there on the first date. Because pending this girl is a GD, well she gonna make you bring out your pay check. or you betta go get hair net to start washing plates.

dreeldee:

Nope you're wrong, if you're the expensive type, nothing could be more befitting of your status than you giving me a treat instead of expecting me to spend 100s of dollars on a first date
oh goodness gracious. opportunist.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

oh goodness gracious. opportunist.

lmao grin grin grin so what do you call yourself for expecting same of a guy huh undecided
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

You mean it is bad to buy something with coupon?
tell me u have never gone to a boxing day;s sales?
na wa for yu oh, the more you talk, the more you are making me think that u too like money oh.

Oka yal are getting me wrong. To me money is a necessary thing but it aint everything. Personally on the first date, i rather you come over to my house and eat what i prepared. Oka or go to your house and see how you cook. But if you are going to take me out for our first date, yes im going to expect you to pay, and im not going to take advantage of it. And besides i dont eat much any ways. i might just order a salad and call it a day.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2008
dreeldee:

lmao grin grin grin so what do you call yourself for expecting same of a guy huh undecided
I call myself Onyinye.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 01, 2008
Speaking of first dates.

You pursue, you pay, simple.

For those girls who think that a guy should always pay no matter what, if it was you who pursued, atleast have some sense and bring money just in case, if the guy offers, that's cool, but don't automatically think the guy must pay, espcially if you were the one who asked him to come on a date with you.

Can you imagine asking somebody out on a date to one fancy restaurant, you suck the restaurant dry as in devour every crumb that comes your way, chew and grind every bone as if your life depends on it, when it is time to pay the bill, you are just sitting there like a sack of yams waiting for the guy or girl to pay up when it was your idea in the first place to go. The girl/guy thought that considering the fact that you pursued, you would have brought money to pay, both of you have no money, it's either you do a runner, or it's dishes for the rest of the night. Enjoy Yaselves, Nansense.

tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2008
:p
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2008
word ibk word i concur grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka yal are getting me wrong. To me money is a necessary thing but it aint everything. Personally on the first date, i rather you come over to my house and eat what i prepared. Oka or go to your house and see how you cook. But if you are going to take me out for our first date, yes im going to expect you to pay, and im not going to take advantage of it. And besides i don't eat much any ways. i might just order a salad and call it a day.

well said now, so what if u come to my house and i cant cook, will u be willing to cook, aand also, while you are cooking, hope, i will be allowed to be cooking something else within and in you.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Speaking of first dates.

You pursue, you pay, simple.

For those girls who think that a guy should always pay no matter what, if it was you who pursued, atleast have some sense and bring money just in case, if the guy offers, that's cool, but don't automatically think the guy must pay, espcially if you were the one who asked him to come on a date with you.

Can you imagine asking somebody out on a date to one fancy restaurant, you suck the restaurant dry as in devour every crumb that comes your way, chew and grind every bone as if your life depends on it, when it is time to pay the bill, you are just sitting there like a sack of yams waiting for the guy or girl to pay up when it was your idea in the first place to go. The girl/guy thought that considering the fact that you pursued, you would have brought money to pay, both of you have no money, it's either you do a runner, or it's dishes for the rest of the night. Enjoy Yaselves, Nansense.

tongue

haha
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2008
Rhino agbaya
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by ssRhino: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2008
dreeldee:

Rhino agbaya

wetin be my crime oh, no be cook we dey do?
you got some bad mind, i might have to use bleach to clean ur mind
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
what do you want to be cooking within and in her? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hmmm, first date even, a restaurant is not ideal to me lipsrsealed

Maybe like cinemas and then your house or mine tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
He wants to cook on her bakassi while she cooks on the stove.   grin  grin  grin  Ashewo!
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
$$Rhino:

well said now, so what if u come to my house and i can't cook, will u be willing to cook, aand also, while you are cooking, hope, i will be allowed to be cooking something else within and in you.
Nwannem nwoke, if i were to come to your place and you can't cook, of course i would be more than willing to help. I love to cook. But if im helping, yeah you are helping to. You aint going to sit down and watch t.v. while im cooking. Mba. And don't even try to start cooking something else up because i will instantly turn the fire off. and afterwards, we both help clean up. not just me or just you.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Hmmm, first date even, a restaurant is not ideal to me lipsrsealed

Maybe like cinemas[b] and then your house or mine tongue[/b]
For family introduction abi cooking in and within  
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2008
this thread is turning to something else with all this cooking within and in her grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO:

For family introduction abi cooking in and within  
Yes, before I start dating someone, I will surely introduce him to my parents, we can just chillax  cool
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by chiogo(f): 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2008
Whoever initiated the first date gotta pay, which in most cases is the guy.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

[b]Yes, before I start dating someone, I will surely introduce him to my parents, [/b]we can just chillax  cool
VERY DANGEROUS!!! my father is VERY intimidating igbo man. He is a real village man. I will first go on the first date to check him out first and see if he handle Nnam.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by HCH3COO: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2008
chiogo:

Well, I actually agree with you on that.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 01, 2008
chiogo:

Abi o, so for me, the guy will always have to pay on the first date because i can never and will never pursue, olorun ma je, eh eh eh eh

onyinye2:

VERY DANGEROUS!!! my father is VERY intimidating igbo man. He is a real village man. I will first go on the first date to check him out first and see if he handle Nnam.
My dad too came from the village, yoruba village to be exact, but he is understanding and knows that I am responsible therefore trusts me, My mum on the other hand, tense Hausa lady, I know she will ask me so many questions, but that's what mothers do abi  kiss kiss
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2008
chiogo:

Sorry i can't agree, the guy should always pay on the first date.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2008
onyinye2:

Sorry i can't agree, the guy should always pay on the first date.
Eh!? So if the girl is the one that did all the toasting, all the begging for the guy to come on a date with her, he is the one that should automatically pay!? My dear, you are paying too much attention to 'tradition', let's be resonable about this tongue
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Eh!? So if the girl is the one that did all the toasting, all the begging for the guy to come on a date with her, he is the one that should automatically pay!? My dear, you are paying too much attention to 'tradition', let's be resonable about this tongue
Hey this is what i was brought with. The guy pays on the first date.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by dreeldee: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
you think i'll pay after toasting me and asking me out on a date you'll only embarrass yourself at the restauraunt or wherever i swear tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
dreeldee:

you think i'll pay after toasting me and asking me out on a date you'll only embarrass yourself at the restauraunt or wherever i swear tongue tongue grin grin grin
Roflmao abi o!

onyinye2:

Hey this is what i was brought with. The guy pays on the first date.
That should not be your mindset abeg, you are the one who pursued, therefore attempt to pay, in most cases, the guy most likely will offer, even seeing you attempting to pay may impress him. But don't just keep it it mind that the guy must pay.

Can You Imagine  lipsrsealed
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
@post
I think it's the person that initiated the date.

Person who asked the other for a date or th eperson that has enough money.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2008
ibkaye:

i have said it that Onyinye watches too much hollywood romance movies with attachment.
Just make sure you bring money sha. If not, you go wash plate tire, clean table die.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by iice(f): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2008
Whatever floats your boat.

whoever wants to pay, should pay.
Re: Who Should Pay On A Date? by onyinye2(f): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
Im just saying that on the first date, the man should pay. But if i was the one who did the "toasting" then i would probably invite you over and cook you dinner then take you out.
LASIEFAIRE:

i have said it that Onyinye watches too much hollywood romance movies with attachment.
Just make sure you bring money sha. If not, you go wash plate tire, clean table die.
Please dont allow my name to be in any of your post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Often Do Guys Have S3x ?? Cos My Boo Is Always On My Buttt... / Please Help A Lesby Who Is Desperate To Break Free / Kissing In Public- Is It Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.