Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Cost To Build Your Own House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost To Build Your Own House (28942 Views)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build / Build Your Own House In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by olu77emi: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dear,
Thanks for the information, kindly help with information on type of ceiling materials that is suitable for an average income earner, I just moved into my apartment a year ago and all the PVC Ceiling (Chines type) have fallen off, the more I fix them the more they fell off. Kindly advice
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by ifeanyi83(m): 1:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
yosmen: Check this design out....

You don't seem to be handling the topography issue very well...i believe the design has a basement level...
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
holly-pagan:
RAT HOLE
rat hole?
What does it mean?
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by redfly(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2013
@OP,
people like you are a disappointment to the profession. why would I as an architect that spent several yrs getting a BSc and MSc start posting designs on a public forum free of charge thereby creating the impression that we do is available on the cheap.
I kno that many folks will be appreciative of your "kind" gesture but as a professional of several years experience I am not amused.
I cannot blame you alone as the moderator who saw it fit to display this on the FP is also guilty of this folly. as a brother I have to advice u against this as it makes u appear to be HUNGRY.

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2013
olu77emi: Dear,
Thanks for the information, kindly help with information on type of ceiling materials that is suitable for an average income earner, I just moved into my apartment a year ago and all the PVC Ceiling (Chines type) have fallen off, the more I fix them the more they fell off. Kindly advice

for an average income earner,pvc is ideal if fixed by a professional.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by gabbytabby: 1:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
piaget+skinner:

U didn't add the cost of ceiling/pop

I am health and safety conscious and will never use any product that has asbestos. Pop ke. Na dat you go eat for house. I no want tenant wey go dey too comfortable and he/she no go wan build him own house.

The ceiling is part of roofing cost.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by gabbytabby: 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2013
yosmen:

yes I can...email:archigramandassociates@gmail.com

I have sent you an email.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Authentik1: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
gabbytabby:

When I started two 3 bedroom flat at Ajah (1 up 1 down) and I stated all I wanted to be fitted, I was given quotes of between 15m to 18m to complete. I have done it to complete with 8m.

Timetable was also under 12 weeks physical prescence on site. Only thing outstanding is the outside plumbing(we still have 548k to spend out of the 8m).

The more people faff around the more wastage and pilferage occurs. I take things in stages and during this stages its intense. Most of the fittings are also ordered in advance such that I am not waiting around.

Stage 1 - 3 weeks - Raft foundation up to and including 2 blocks on top of lintel on ground floor
Stage 2 - 2 weeks - Decking and blocks up to top of window level for top floor.
Stage 3 - 7 weeks - From stage 2 to completion to include all plastering, painting, windows, metal and wood doors, metal security on windows, tiling, roofing, electrics, painting, wardrobe, cupboards, plumbing(na this one mess me up).

How does it all come together. Planning planning planning. I spend 2 hours in the middle of everynight strategising for the day ahead. by 7am I have made all my calls and know what the plan for the next 3 days is. Also, I arrange to meet with all the contractors that I need for the stage on the first day of each stage and we agree fee and give them a rough idea of when they will be needed( I always pay cost of transport and some feeding money for all) such that if I decide not to use them they dont feel out of joint too much.

I have learnt one or 2 more stuff from the website that should help with planning and cost. Also it does not include any supervision and project management fee and neither does it include sometimes 14 hour shift days or unsociable hours. If someone ask what i think is a reasonable pay for this part of the work. I would say 2m was not too much. I would rather do this than have them pad the cost of materials.

Mr Spyder is working with similar amount for his single room project such that I am watching closely and hope to deliver at close to this as possible. I do like a challenge.

I dey smile when I see all the sir but I be woman oh and I still have an under 5 personal assistant to look after while doing all this. Most of the people who work for me are now like family. I am also a cuddly tiger grin grin. Get the cuddle when you behave and get eaten alive if you play Mr/Mrs/Miss smarty pants.
This is really getting interesting!! very informative.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
gabbytabby:

I have sent you an email.

Madam, I like your style, I think we need to work on something pretty soon,
How may I reach you please?
Cheers
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by playboy19(m): 2:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
redfly: @OP,
people like you are a disappointment to the profession. why would I as an architect that spent several yrs getting a BSc and MSc start posting designs on a public forum free of charge thereby creating the impression that we do is available on the cheap.
I kno that many folks will be appreciative of your "kind" gesture but as a professional of several years experience I am not amused.
I cannot blame you alone as the moderator who saw it fit to display this on the FP is also guilty of this folly. as a brother I have to advice u against this as it makes u appear to be HUNGRY.

Dude, snap out of this your cave-man mentality. For Pete sake this 2013/14 and not 1825. There is nothing hidden in 3D impression this days. Check on google, it's all over the place. Even a lot from better and more experienced designers. The type you mr. Hidden secret will envy.

The dude is not doing anything wrong, he's just in touch with the new way of marketing one's self. Sit your arse in your cubicle office and hide your catalog like a secret code and let's see where that get you this days.

11 Likes

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
playboy19:

Dude, snap out of this your cave-man mentality. For Pete sake this 2013/14 and not 1825. There is nothing hidden in 3D impression this days. Check on google, it's all over the place. Even a lot from better and more experienced designers. The type you mr. Hidden secret will envy.

The dude is not doing anything wrong, he's just in touch with the new way of marketing one's self. Sit your arse in your cubicle office and hide your catalog like a secret code and let's see where that get you this days.

thanks for that man

3 Likes

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by seangy4konji: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
i will build a house soon but to raise 2 million in Nigeria without Gods favor is like trying to cross the red sea without moses and his staff...WE WILL ALL RECEIVE FAVOR THO...we are on the matter and God willing i will build my house next year..Goodluck everyone...

7 Likes

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
seangy4konji: i will build a house soon but to raise 2 million in Nigeria without Gods favor is like trying to cross the red sea without moses and his staff...WE WILL ALL RECEIVE FAVOR THO...we are on the matter and God willing i will build my house next year..Goodluck everyone...

i say AMEN for u bro. With God all things are possible sir. Just believe and u will see God in action. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2013
segzy14:

i say AMEN for u bro. With God all things are possible sir. Just believe and u will see God in action. Cheers.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by kid7soccer(m): 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
So can i buld a single 3bedroom flat wit atleast(estimate) 3m
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
kid7soccer: So can i buld a single 3bedroom flat wit atleast(estimate) 3m

it all depend on the design sir, but the op will answer u

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by portable11: 3:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
U are just a big fool,old school at dat,d'guy is just advertising himself and u had to ridicule him like dat.u are just a proud bloody asshole.Am sure with dis ur attitude u will be a stingy and a broke Ass.SMH just wake up and join d'flow.ode buruku
redfly: @OP,

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
portable11: U are just a big fool,old school at dat,d'guy is just advertising himself and u had to ridicule him like dat.u are just a proud bloody asshole.Am sure with dis ur attitude u will be a stingy and a broke Ass.SMH just wake up and join d'flow.ode buruku

bros that is too harsh now.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by portable11: 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
Thank u
playboy19:

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
This place is silent.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
segzy14: This place is silent.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by izu121: 4:46pm On Dec 27, 2013
My dear yosmen.... for this building how many blocks do you think will be used?
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by piagetskinner(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
gabbytabby:

I am health and safety conscious and will never use any product that has asbestos. Pop ke. Na dat you go eat for house. I no want tenant wey go dey too comfortable and he/she no go wan build him own house.

The ceiling is part of roofing cost.

IF ure health and safety concious as u say, u'd use pop....mayb ure thinkin of the cost...pvc/asbestos is far cheaper and poses greater risk in terms of fire accident
Btw sinc it is for rent, I understand....u tryna cut cost
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2013

i have a three bedroom i did for a client for 3million naira but it does not have dining o. The brief is:
1 living room,
3 bedroom,
2 toilets,
1kitchen,
no store.
So if u care let me know.

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2013

i have a three bedroom i did for a client for 3million naira but it does not have dining o. The brief is:
1 living room,
3 bedroom,
2 toilets,
1kitchen,
no store.
So if u care let me know. The building is about 11.40metres by 7.65mteres.
I mean from foundation to finishing(moderate one)
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
Is it a silent night?
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by femmmmi94: 7:23pm On Dec 27, 2013
incase u are not impressee with archigram! pls check mine nd holla mi..... 08124393263

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by fuelsaver: 7:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
yosmen: this new year,i have decided to assist nairalanders that are longing to own houses.Am a graduate of architecture,schooled in the eastern part of Nigeria with years of experience in building,design and construction

*tell us your budget and we will produce a design based on the cost plus construction
*tell us your brief and will produce a design and construction to your satisfaction
*finally,i will upload a low cost design of 3bedroom flat that will be affordable to nairalanders anywere in Nigeria with various option of finishing.

keep posted.
you can contact me on: archigramandassociates @gmail.com

Hello man! Want to try your ability with a 4bedroom bungalow all rooms ensuite in a full plot of land at Ikorodu Estate. If you have a similar good design post here with cost.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by femmmmi94: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
cn i give it a short too
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by topsy23: 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2013
Call us for your Electrical and Plumbing installation.

Phone: 08033643191 or 08051750560
Email: atope23@live.co.uk or topselg.engineering@gmail.com

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by emmadejust(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
hmmm I kari my paint brush dey wait for site ooo

as u build Fine house, make I cum decorate am wella with Fine screeding and painting

MERRY CHRISTMASS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE.

OUR FAITH, OUR REALITY IN LIFE
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by silva4u(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
Such a wonderful thing u are doing bro.keep the good spirit n God wil reward u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twinstecks Electrical Accessories sale THREAD / Floor/wall Tiling / Lady Poses In Front Of Her Flooded House In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.