Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. (4038 Views)

Can Someone Pls Help Me With The Attributes Of God. / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / The Beginning Of The Universe-The Big Bang Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: no, the final cause is not arbitrary, simple reasoning and pondering would show his attributes in creation. The universe or multiverse cannot be the final cause, as it is not conscious, the energy within it cannot be physically created from nothing, etc. All around us, our surroundings, we see purposelessness, but in our immediate vicinity, we see the blunt intelligence and direction on and of earth and our solar system. Why would you ignore and blindly deny all these things because of the desperation and tenacity with which you value your highly "convenient" atheistic worldview?

You should be better than that.

Ok, then what made God conscious and intelligent? Because conscious and intelligent beings don't drop from the sky.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 10:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
RoyPCain: @Olaochi; so if you can't even understand the bold, a language you as a hybrid is, how then do you categorically claim that Allah is not Oluwa, Olorun, Chineke, indeed is His Personal Name as Ibrahim [AS] is His Intimate Friend? What i wrote that i will say in Sajda [Position of prostration in Prayer], while my Salah [Ritualistic Prayer] is valid is an indication that Muslims worship God in their languages, when the option is made available. You see, obedience is willingly obeying command, whether so simple that it is effortless or complicated that you have to struggle to do it with great amount of effort.

Mr. Islam Allah is to Arabs alone, he has been there from the beginning of the Arabian race as their God and they had others until Mohammed came along

Ibrahim was from Ur kasdim in Iraq it's impossible for him to have called his God "Allah" and according to the Bible, Yahweh is his God and he choose.Israel alone above all nations

That I call a big lie because No God the creator of everything and everyone would choose only one people, but upon the fact that Yahweh choose them what did they achieve? Israel were often humiliated in war, one would guessed that a nation that 'only God' has chosen would be the greatest nation But that wasn't the case
The Israelites were only feeling high and proud so they created a God for themselves who was against other nations

It's a big lie, Muslims pray and do almost everything in Arabic and in the Arabian way

while i agree with you about the bold, in reality not all Gods are Truly Gods because The True God is 1. Allah says in the Quran that if God is more than 1 each would have been trying to overcome the other, trying to weaken Him and they would have made alliances coming together trying to compete with The Irresistible. Allah in the verse destroys the possibility of any competitor or equal. Allah says in another verse a similitude about how easy is the life and objective responsibility of a servant with One Master against the impossible and difficult life of another servant which has Masters of equal Power, each sending him errant of His own, all at the same time. The slave with One Master will carry out his duties in the order the Master states them while the slave with many Master will be punished by the other master[s] whose command[s] was/were carried out after the first command from another Master. In short, it is Mercy on creation that knows God is One because obedience and worship is easier. Those who made up obedience and worship create their own more than 1 God, no God, etc.

You can't say Any persons God isn't true because u have no proof for your God

That's more lies from Quran, In Greek religion Numerous Gods exist and they coexist peacefully with Zeus making all the rules, nobody tries to compete with Zeus not even Hades can.

Easiness is not a basis for 'one God'. Numerous Gods is every easy and it's nor as if the servant worships all at ones, the servant is born in a family that acknowledged one master has being more prevalent in their lives for instance Fishermen would serve the Sea God and Hunters serve the Hunt God

I worship Olorun The Irresistible Allah. I ma not an idolater so the Orisha is not for me. You should know that idolatry is the work of satan and i am not a follower of the accursed satan.

Wat makes u think Olorun is the same with Allah? Because I know those two well enough to see more difference than similarities. So give a list of their attributes and state why u think their the same

Idolatry is part of the Yoruba customs and if u are Yoruba and want to live as a Yoruba u must be idolatrous because that's how the Yoruba worship their God

Yoruba don't believe in Satan, Esu is not Satan

2 Likes

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
OlaoChi:

English Bible is pure poo, Yoruba Bible would be worse.

One thing is you shouldn't claim Olorun has same with Jehovah because they are not
how is the bible poo?

What are the attributes of the Olorun or Olofin?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Kay 17:

Ok, then what made God conscious and intelligent? Because conscious and intelligent beings don't drop from the sky.
go and read the convo between me and plaetton. God is self-existent and eternal. You're bringing in infinite regression once more.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by plaetton: 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Joshthefirst: go and read the convo between me and plaetton. God is self-existent and eternal. You're bringing in infinite regression once more.

Yeah. God self-existent and eternal only because he lives deep inside your convoluted brain.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
plaetton:

Yeah. God self-existent and eternal only because he lives deep inside your convoluted brain.
as usual, retorting to blanks when self-defeated.

I just wonder why humans will always clutch at their fantasies because reality may not be as convenient for them although its for their own good. Clutching at straws, cocooning themselves in delusions of selfish grandeur. Humanity needs a strong dose of reality, and needs to be stirred up to walk alongside what is real.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Enigma:

You want to buy a vote for the poster of the year award thing? wink

smiley
Lolol.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: go and read the convo between me and plaetton. God is self-existent and eternal. You're bringing in infinite regression once more.

You mean to say God was always intelligent, always conscious, and super! Yet a gas that lacks all that complexity, basic and simple must caused?!

Why can't something simpler be the final cause? How do we conceptualise life (that of God) to be without cause?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kay 17:

You mean to say God was always intelligent, always conscious, and super! Yet a gas that lacks all that complexity, basic and simple must caused?!
what do you mean? we see complexity and balance in everything in existence.

Why can't something simpler be the final cause? How do we conceptualise life (that of God) to be without cause?
because the complexity and direction is oposed to a simple cause. There is a creator. His touch show his attributes of power and intelligence.

Your second question is a repeat question again. Carefully read the op. The world cannot be self-existent from infinity, because the world itself is tending to disorder.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: how is the bible poo?

I have read the Bible very well and it's just Jewish men feeling proud that's why they are so racist. They think only them are Gods people when African nations have had their own Gods.

Even in the Bible it states that "Every nation should walk in the name of it's God"

Yahweh is to Israel, Olorun is to Yoruba.
Before Christianity got to West Africa, people have been Worshiping a God so why force them to worship your own God?

What are the attributes of the Olorun or Olofin?
We know Olorun is the Supreme God of Yoruba people and Is worshipped through Orisa or Osa just like Christians worship Jehovah through Jesus

But to Christians and Muslims you try to force your concept of God on people
How can you say you worship Olorun when you don't recognize His Orisha children?
That's like saying you worship Jehovah but call Jesus(his son) a worthless demon
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
OlaoChi:

I have read the Bible very well and it's just Jewish men feeling proud that's why they are so racist. They think only them are Gods people when African nations have had their own Gods.

Even in the Bible it states that "Every nation should walk in the name of it's God"

Yahweh is to Israel, Olorun is to Yoruba.
Before Christianity got to West Africa, people have been Worshiping a God so why force them to worship your own God?

We know Olorun is the Supreme God of Yoruba people and Is worshipped through Orisa or Osa just like Christians worship Jehovah through Jesus

But to Christians and Muslims you try to force your concept of God on people
How can you say you worship Olorun when you don't recognize His Orisha children?
That's like saying you worship Jehovah but call Jesus(his son) a worthless demon
God is not a concept. And this leads me to the next part;

Although men percieved God and acknowledged his attributes and himself. We always try to make false images of the creator to suit our consciences. Because the fact remains that if this creator exists, our very existence will bear its hinges on him. And his purpose.

Men always made false images of God, so God chose to reveal himself. He started with a faithful man, and made a nation for himself, and expanded to the ends of the earth.

Today, anyone can call on the creator. He has revealed himself. He has reconciled man to himself once more. He commands people to repent and change their ways and seek him.

Merry Christmas. cheesy
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2013
@Olaochi;
by OlaoChi(f): 10:57pm On Dec 21
Mr. Islam Allah is to Arabs alone, he has been there from the beginning of the Arabian race as their God and they had others until Mohammed came along
either deception or half cup info is your problem. actually, it may be both. Every human starting from Adam [AS] knows there is 1 God Who is The Creator. even the atheist knows, but tries hard to hide the truth, except that when he is under pressure, his inner self cries out to God. Before Arab paganism, God Almighty Allah is known to them because they didn't say Yahweh or your favorite Zeus. The very 'way' yorubas know Olorun, the arabs know Allah. the others you said they have are idols, imported concept and not authentic to monotheistic believers. The first ever idols were preached against by prophet Noah [AS], who prayed for destruction of the idolaters of his time, hence the flood.

Ibrahim was from Ur kasdim in Iraq it's impossible for him to have called his God "Allah" and according to the Bible, Yahweh is his God and he choose.Israel alone above all nations
Today the home original of Ibrahim [AS] say Allah when the people mean God Almighty Creator. There is a ring of truth there for those who reflect. they are not saying what the Bible says. Allah is in Absolute Control. Islam of Muhammad [SA] won hand's down.

That I call a big lie because No God the creator of everything and everyone would choose only one people, but upon the fact that Yahweh choose them what did they achieve? Israel were often humiliated in war, one would guessed that a nation that 'only God' has chosen would be the greatest nation But that wasn't the case
the muslims are in the same situation, now. we say it is a test, separating the believers in hard times, being patient and hopeful and exposed the the secret disbelievers by their hypocrisy because under pressure the crack, abandoning faith.

The Israelites were only feeling high and proud so they created a God for themselves who was against other nations
we will not behave like the jews. We shall continue to supplicate to God to relieve us of the hardship. We are certain that the end will be great by His Mercy.

It's a big lie, Muslims pray and do almost everything in Arabic and in the Arabian way
olaochi. i make personal prayers in yoruba during my ritualistic prayer known as salat. I tell you what i do, you say its a big lie as if you are the one doing it. may be you should ask a knowledgeable delta muslim about making supplication in his/her language during salah. Sheikh Musa Menk even has a video on youtube making supplication in english during salat in south africa.

while i agree with you about the bold, in reality not all Gods are Truly Gods because The True God is 1. Allah says in the Quran that if God is more than 1 each would have been trying to overcome the other, trying to weaken Him and they would have made alliances coming together trying to compete with The Irresistible. Allah in the verse destroys the possibility of any competitor or equal. Allah says in another verse a similitude about how easy is the life and objective responsibility of a servant with One Master against the impossible and difficult life of another servant which has Masters of equal Power, each sending him errant of His own, all at the same time. The slave with One Master will carry out his duties in the order the Master states them while the slave with many Master will be punished by the other master[s] whose command[s] was/were carried out after the first command from another Master. In short, it is Mercy on creation that knows God is One because obedience and worship is easier. Those who made up obedience and worship create their own more than 1 God, no God, etc.

You can't say Any persons God isn't true because u have no proof for your God
Allah my God took the soul of Pharaoh of Moses [AS] and ordered the preservation of his body for future generation to see the end of the tyrannical pharaoh. Old Testament didn't mention it. The Quran is the only Book of Guidance that says this. This is an evidence that my God, Allah is Certainly The God Who Alone Creates. Allah says He is our Creator and all that we create.

That's more lies from Quran, In Greek religion Numerous Gods exist and they coexist peacefully with Zeus making all the rules, nobody tries to compete with Zeus not even Hades can.
you are living in a bubble. bubble must burst and you will learn it has been nothing.

Easiness is not a basis for 'one God'. Numerous Gods is every easy and it's nor as if the servant worships all at ones, the servant is born in a family that acknowledged one master has being more prevalent in their lives for instance Fishermen would serve the Sea God and Hunters serve the Hunt God
i provide info you should think about. instead of pondering, you decide to give opinion, first. now go back and think about it; make it 2 core course classes in two different departments at the same time. How easy is it for a student to be present in both at the same time? consider the easy of the student that has just 1 class at that time. are their easy the same or neither is in difficulty?

Wat makes u think Olorun is the same with Allah? Because I know those two well enough to see more difference than similarities. So give a list of their attributes and state why u think their the same
remember i am yoruba and you are not? i know my people; what they worship that i will not worship. what we say of same name [Olorun] to mean Allah to Muslim, but at least One of the Trinitarian Gods to Christian.

Idolatry is part of the Yoruba customs and if u are Yoruba and want to live as a Yoruba u must be idolatrous because that's how the Yoruba worship their God
Not all that is yoruba culture that is correct. some need to be abandoned altogether; facial marks, body marks, female circumcision, etc. Idolatry is worse than any of these; the height of what must be abandoned.

Yoruba don't believe in Satan, Esu is not Satan
esu is satan. idolater worships it. it is esu that makes idolaters or athiest worship other than Solely Allah or adopt their intellect falsely arguing against God.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Joshthefirst: God is not a concept. And this leads me to the next part;

Although men percieved God and acknowledged his attributes and himself. We always try to make false images of the creator to suit our consciences. Because the fact remains that if this creator exists, our very existence will bear its hinges on him. And his purpose.

Men always made false images of God, so God chose to reveal himself. He started with a faithful man, and made a nation for himself, and expanded to the ends of the earth.

Today, anyone can call on the creator. He has revealed himself. He has reconciled man to himself once more. He commands people to repent and change their ways and seek him.

Merry Christmas. cheesy

You say God is not a concept, how come the Japanese God is different from the Roman God, how come the Yoruba God is different from the Hindu God

Everyone has his concept of God and None should be scrutinized and labeled false for being different from yours

You believe in the Israel God but to a Japanese your God is false, how can u prove Israel's stories of God is the truth and not another false image?

1 Like

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 7:11am On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: what do you mean? we see complexity and balance in everything in existence.

because the complexity and direction is oposed to a simple cause. There is a creator. His touch show his attributes of power and intelligence.

Your second question is a repeat question again. Carefully read the op. The world cannot be self-existent from infinity, because the world itself is tending to disorder.

My question was God is far more complex than a simple gas (oxygen), and yet you expect such a gas to be necessarily created. Same goes for artificial intelligence, you would be unable to accept that such can arise naturally without any designs, yet God being far more complex has no cause?!

If so, the concept of causality is put into question! That causality is not generally applicable!
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 9:35am On Dec 23, 2013
RoyPCain: @Olaochi; either deception or half cup info is your problem. actually, it may be both. Every human starting from Adam [AS] knows there is 1 God Who is The Creator. even the atheist knows, but tries hard to hide the truth, except that when he is under pressure, his inner self cries out to God. Before Arab paganism, God Almighty Allah is known to them because they didn't say Yahweh or your favorite Zeus. The very 'way' yorubas know Olorun, the arabs know Allah. the others you said they have are idols, imported concept and not authentic to monotheistic believers. The first ever idols were preached against by prophet Noah [AS], who prayed for destruction of the idolaters of his time, hence the flood.
Wrong again, Not every religion has one God.
And who are you to condemn wat you don't know about? Everything about a religion is authentic to those who believe it. Everyone can't be monotheistic, in fact polytheism has been existing long before Islam and Christianity
Allah was once in a polytheist religion before Mohammed came along

Today the home original of Ibrahim [AS] say Allah when the people mean God Almighty Creator. There is a ring of truth there for those who reflect. they are not saying what the Bible says. Allah is in Absolute Control. Islam of Muhammad [SA] won hand's down.
yes because they fell and lost their identity, In Iraq today they are muslims and speak Arabic, all their culture and language as been lost, is that what you want for Yoruba? For everyone to be Muslim and speak Arabic behaving like second class Arabs, you want the Yoruba identity to be lost like the Iraqi?

the muslims are in the same situation, now. we say it is a test, separating the believers in hard times, being patient and hopeful and exposed the the secret disbelievers by their hypocrisy because under pressure the crack, abandoning faith.
What is the essence of hating on people who disbelieve you? You are also a disbeliever to another religion

we will not behave like the jews. We shall continue to supplicate to God to relieve us of the hardship. We are certain that the end will be great by His Mercy.
Good, so concentrate on your believe and stop threatening people with it, leave those who have another religion alone. There's No Gods only people

olaochi. i make personal prayers in yoruba during my ritualistic prayer known as salat. I tell you what i do, you say its a big lie as if you are the one doing it. may be you should ask a knowledgeable delta muslim about making supplication in his/her language during salah. Sheikh Musa Menk even has a video on youtube making supplication in english during salat in south africa.
Ok you pray in Yoruba but why do you still go for Arabic classes to learn Quran

Allah my God took the soul of Pharaoh of Moses [AS] and ordered the preservation of his body for future generation to see the end of the tyrannical pharaoh. Old Testament didn't mention it. The Quran is the only Book of Guidance that says this. This is an evidence that my God, Allah is Certainly The God Who Alone Creates. Allah says He is our Creator and all that we create.
That's No evidence, How does this prove Allah is the one true God?

you are living in a bubble.

i provide info you should think about. instead of pondering, you decide to give opinion, first. now go back and think about it; make it 2 core course classes in two different departments at the same time. How easy is it for a student to be present in both at the same time? consider the easy of the student that has just 1 class at that time. are their easy the same or neither is in difficulty?
This is easy:
If a student wants to be an accountant, he would study the courses that relates to his career. That student has no business with biology

Think about it

remember i am yoruba and you are not? i know my people; what they worship that i will not worship. what we say of same name [Olorun] to mean Allah to Muslim, but at least One of the Trinitarian Gods to Christian.
I am also Yoruba and I doubt you are proud to be Yoruba because if you are you wouldn't leave your original religion for the religion of Arabs
I know you take Olorun to mean Allah but there you are mistaken because they are different
Read... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olódùmarè
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Islam

Not all that is yoruba culture that is correct. some need to be abandoned altogether; facial marks, body marks, female circumcision, etc. Idolatry is worse than any of these; the height of what must be abandoned.
Can you see how youcondemn your identity
These are things done as part of the Yoruba identity
I find nothing wrong with idols, it's just a form of expression just like Christians have idols of Jesus and Mary
It's like saying I shouldn't have a picture of my mother

esu is satan. idolater worships it. it is esu that makes idolaters or athiest worship other than Solely Allah or adopt their intellect falsely arguing against God.

Dude wat are you saying This makes no sense because in the Yoruba religion Esu is none of those.
And Allah has no business here
Read.... https://takeupanarm./2011/04/14/is-the-yoruba-eshu-same-as-the-christian-devil/
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:49am On Dec 23, 2013
OlaoChi:

You say God is not a concept, how come the Japanese God is different from the Roman God, how come the Yoruba God is different from the Hindu God

Everyone has his concept of God and None should be scrutinized and labeled false for being different from yours

You believe in the Israel God but to a Japanese your God is false, how can u prove Israel's stories of God is the truth and not another false image?
as I said, human beings tend to create different images of the creator. Its left for those who have the real deal to show his image in their lives. Stories are told of God coming to reveal himself to human beings, after allowing them to see the futility of conjuring false conceptions and idols for themselves. We know which one is real by their fruits. Let God prove himself through his own people and confirm those who are truly his followers. He has been doing that since. You choose to ignore.

Kay 17:
My question was God is far more complex than a simple gas (oxygen), and yet you expect such a gas to be necessarily created. Same goes for artificial intelligence, you would be unable to accept that such can arise naturally without any designs, yet God being far more complex has no cause?!

If so, the concept of causality is put into question! That causality is not generally applicable!
the designer is superior to what is designed. Don't just speak to me, speak to yourself also. you also expect a simple gas to be created, not so? Or did it create itself? Did energy arise from nothing?

The final cause is uncreated. But he must be vast and conscious and intelligent and immense, as he has shown himself to be through the ages, to be capable of making these things we see around us, this universe(s).

Stop all this rigmaroling with question marks and exclamation marks.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
@joshthefirst

BUT this throws away your premise that everything is caused, in the light of what you are saying, not everything is caused ie God and probably artificial intelligence.

Now the suggestion that God caused everything becomes doubtful, as its not everything that is caused.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
So You mean a person needs to show the works of his God in his life? So wat do you say about Christians who embezzled money from the government and spread corruption in the country, is that Jehovah showing himself through his followers

Or Christians who are living in poor conditions with different problems Jehovah has not solved, is that how he shows he is the true image of the creator?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

BUT this throws away your premise that everything is caused, in the light of what you are saying, not everything is caused ie God and probably artificial intelligence.

Now the suggestion that God caused everything becomes doubtful, as its not everything that is caused.
my stand is that God is the starter. The one who "caused" all things into existence in the beginning.

OlaoChi: So You mean a person needs to show the works of his God in his life? So wat do you say about Christians who embezzled money from the government and spread corruption in the country, is that Jehovah showing himself through his followers

Or Christians who are living in poor conditions with different problems Jehovah has not solved, is that how he shows he is the true image of the creator?
no it isn't. Why will you blame hypocrisy on God's followers, why would you ignore what is being done by Gods followers showing his nature and look at other people's hypocrisy and use their hypocrisy as an excuse? That's just biased and even pathetic.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Of course. There is no TRUE christian. All Christians are hypocrites.

On one hand, you illustrate the qualities of the ideal Christian. But you're unwilling and unable to point at one because there's none. What's that old saying about God judging the heart while men judge by looks?

Can a Christian sin and falter? Yes, they can. Yes, they will. Yes, they do. Over and over again.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Of course. There is no TRUE christian. All Christians are hypocrites.

On one hand, you illustrate the qualities of the ideal Christian. But you're unwilling and unable to point at one because there's none. What's that old saying about God judging the heart while men judge by looks?

Can a Christian sin and falter? Yes, they can. Yes, they will. Yes, they do. Over and over again.
nonsense. Go and look around. They're everywhere. By their fruits you know them. By their sacrifice.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: nonsense. Go and look around. They're everywhere. By their fruits you know them. By their sacrifice.
Hypocrite. When a person does good, he's Christian. When he does wrong, he isn't. What then does he become? An atheist? A Muslim? Unbeliever?

The prodigal son remained the son of his father, despite the mistakes he made. He never lost his 'sonship'. Maybe you should spend a little time studying that parable.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by texanomaly(f): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars: Of course. There is no TRUE christian. All Christians are hypocrites.

But isn't the bolded the plan? Make mistakes, get dirty, learn. He wants us to be continually perfecting ourselves. He knows we will make mistakes. That is where Christ comes in. I realize you don't believe that anymore, but I know you are aware of the concept. Yeah we make mistakes. I'm a prime example. Some of us don't represent as we should. I know this. None of us is perfect, but the plan is. It is conceptually sound to the believer. Even if I am delutional, it is my delution. I have a right to it, as you do with your thinking.

Hey sKeeter...how are you? kiss
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by texanomaly(f): 2:25pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars:
Hypocrite. When a person does good, he's Christian. When he does wrong, he isn't. What then does he become? An atheist? A Muslim? Unbeliever?

The prodigal son remained the son of his father, despite the mistakes he made. He never lost his 'sonship'. Maybe you should spend a little time studying that parable.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by OlaoChi: 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst: my stand is that God is the starter. The one who "caused" all things into existence in the beginning.

no it isn't. Why will you blame hypocrisy on God's followers, why would you ignore what is being done by Gods followers showing his nature and look at other people's hypocrisy and use their hypocrisy as an excuse? That's just biased and even pathetic.

Ok so those ones with the features I mentioned are not Jehovah's followers even though they claim christianity?

So give the attributes of a Christian who isn't hypocritical and a true Jehovah follower
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
@joshthefirst

my stand is that God is the starter. The one who "caused" all things into existence in the beginning.

Ok, I would let you go on the causality premise. Still it is hypocrisy to believe the Universe requires a cause as a result of its complexity and in the face of a greater complexity (God) blindly deny the necessity of its cause. *EDITED

To my next objection, from what did God create the Universe and everything?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars:

when a person derails and still makes the bold claim of being in the right with God, he is a hypocrite. The prodigal son realized he was wrong and repented. Wise people do not use his wrong-doing as an excuse to rebel against his father.

Be wise and think before speaking in ignorance.

OlaoChi:

Ok so those ones with the features I mentioned are not Jehovah's followers even though they claim christianity?

So give the attributes of a Christian who isn't hypocritical and a true Jehovah follower

Galatians 5:22 But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have put to death their human nature with all its passions and desires. 25 The Spirit has given us life; he must also control our lives.

It doesn't mean he is perfect of himself, but as he walks in God, God works in him until the perfect day.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

Ok, I would let you go on the causality premise. Still it is hypocrisy to believe the Universe requires a cause as a result of its complexity and in the face of a greater complexity (God) blindly deny the necessity of its cause. *EDITED
don't act as if you're stooping to a faulty premise, the hypocrisy is on your part. The starter of this universe must be direct and conscious. He is the starter. The starter of all things must not have a beginning, shall never have an end, or he is not truly the starter.

Kay 17: To my next objection, from what did God create the Universe and everything?
from nothing. Things that do not appear.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by texanomaly(f): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Joshthefirst:
when a person derails and still makes the bold claim of being in the right with God, he is a hypocrite. The prodigal son realized he was wrong and repented. Wise people did not use his wrong-doing as an excuse to rebel against his father.

Be wise and think before speaking in ignorance.

Galatians 5:22 But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have put to death their human nature with all its passions and desires. 25 The Spirit has given us life; he must also control our lives.

It doesn't mean he is perfect of himself, but as he walks in God, God works in him until the perfect day.

Wow Josh...you go Buddy! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
texanomaly:

Wow Josh...you go Buddy! smiley

thank you ma'am cheesy
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
goot, goot. Same way a Christian can misbehave, be a rebel and still repent. Doesn't mean he ever stopped being a Christian.

But I don't expect you to get this.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2013
aManFromMars: goot, goot. Same way a Christian can misbehave, be a rebel and still repent. Doesn't mean he ever stopped being a Christian.

But I don't understand you to get this.
Halleluya! See muskeeto seriously preaching.
He has returned to us.*shedding tears of joy*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What If Hell Truly Exist?? / What Happened To The Dinosaurs? / Chruch Hymn Titles By Occupation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.