Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. (4039 Views)

Can Someone Pls Help Me With The Attributes Of God. / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / The Beginning Of The Universe-The Big Bang Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 11:43am On Dec 25, 2013
@joshthefirst

1. Ok

2. Why is God using energy when he is transcedent and selfexistent?!n
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

1. Ok

2. Why is God using energy when he is transcedent and selfexistent?!n

How do you mean? God himself is the source of energy. Limitless. Boundless. Spaceless. Timeless. Immeasurable.

"energy" in this situation is actually an assumption based on observable phenomena. The assumption that all observable matter is come from energy. In truth, it might not have been energy. It might have been unseen whatever. I do not know.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 2:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
^ ^

Where does the Universe get its physical nature from since God is transcendent?! Please explain.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: ^ ^

Where does the Universe get its physical nature from since God is transcendent?! Please explain.

How do you mean? God being above material the material things renders him unable to create material things?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: @joshthefirst

Why does God design? Why doesn't he just will it?! For God to design, it presumes that God had to adapt to a preexisting environment. For example, why can't God boil water with ice rather than heat?
this is revelational ! This mind deserves the nobel prize for this sublime thinking !!
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 5:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Oduduwaboy:
this is revelational ! This mind deserves the nobel prize for this sublime thinking !!
grin grin grin
You just made my day. I remember wiegraf asking a question like the one you're ecstatically supporting; why can't God create sinless freewill. Tehehehehehehehehehe. grin grin grin

Abeg ooo. grin
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst:

How do you mean? God being above material the material things renders him unable to create material things?

I'm saying that since God isn't physical, and the universe is created from God, it takes the same nature/character God has not what's contrary to his nature.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17:

I'm saying that since God isn't physical, and the universe is created from God, it takes the same nature/character God has not what's contrary to his nature.
the universe is not conscious, was not designed to have Gods nature or character. Men were.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2013
^^
"You cannot give what you don't have"

The Universe cannot have a physical character if God created it.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

That's wrong. Rules don't apply to God grin grin
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2013

smh. What does God not have that he cannot give?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: smh. What does God not have that he cannot give?

Physicality!
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by MrTroll(m): 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
Joshthefirst: grin grin grin
You just made my day. I remember wiegraf asking a question like the one you're ecstatically supporting; why can't God create sinless freewill. Tehehehehehehehehehe. grin grin grin

Abeg ooo. grin
bros, the joke is on you.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mr Troll: bros, the joke is on you.
lol. I can see you missed this part of the thread. You can start reading from here to get the picture and see the reply to wiegraf's ignorant question. grin enjoy yourself. grin

Kay 17:

Physicality!
madam, how does God not having a physical body limit his power of creation in any way? Nawa o.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by MrTroll(m): 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2013
^^^

Like I said, the joke is on you. I was on that thread. It seems you forgot why he asked the question...

Anyway, lets stick to this asswhooping here cheesy
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: lol. I can see you missed this part of the thread. You can start reading from here to get the picture and see the reply to wiegraf's ignorant question. grin enjoy yourself. grin

madam, how does God not having a physical body limit his power of creation in any way? Nawa o.

I did not intend a reply to this.

The transcendental world is non material, non physical, antithetical to the physical, hence the physical cannot be a natural product/effect of its antithesis.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2013
Kay 17:

I did not intend a reply to this.

The transcendental world is non material, non physical, antithetical to the physical, hence the physical cannot be a natural product/effect of its antithesis.
is this world entirely physical? Are you entirely physical? Is God entirely spiritual? Is God not a mental being too?

Sorry, your argument is flawed.

And the final cause, who is self-existent must be above and not held bound by the physical universe.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2013
Joshthefirst: is this world entirely physical? Are you entirely physical? Is God entirely spiritual? Is God not a mental being too?

Sorry, your argument is flawed.

And the final cause, who is self-existent must be above and not held bound by the physical universe.

It is not flawed and you didn't address the main issue.

Funny to find God is a mental being too!
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
Kay 17:

It is not flawed and you didn't address the main issue.

Funny to find God is a mental being too!
look ma'am, we're talking of the creator here. We're speaking generally. I don't know what image you have of God that may have been tarnished by your false notions of the christian god or any other god, but we're talking of the Cause, and his attributes that can be implied from logical reasoning and observing of our visible universe.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 10:11pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^
I think you want to eat your cake and have it.

Address specifically what I have raised. I don't think opposites begat one another.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2013
I think you want to eat your cake and have it.

Address specifically what I have raised. I don't think opposites begat one another.
ma'am, your arguments are borne of poor understanding of what "spiritual" means.

The spiritual is not an antithesis of the physical. Infact, the physical is another manifestation of the spiritual.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^
Transcendence.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 12:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
Transcendence.
Final cause. Spaceless, timeless, source. We can only conclude that he is not bound by physical laws
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
^^
Since the physical is an inherent manifestation of the transcedental, then the physical is as eternal as the transcedental.

Josh, I don't agree with you. The resulting implication is absurd and ridiculous and an attempt to reconcile stark conflicting substances (physical vs. Transcedence)

Besides what is timeless, spaceless, unbound is negatively defined and we know nothing about such a subject but what its not. Similar to describing a car by what not it is. We actually get nowhere.

The use of "transcendental" is not merely saying "not physical" but a substance antithetical to physical, totally different. So when you said the physical was a manifestation of the transcedental, I was hopelessly shocked.

1 Like

Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Since the physical is an inherent manifestation of the transcedental, then the physical is as eternal as the transcedental.

Josh, I don't agree with you. The resulting implication is absurd and ridiculous and an attempt to reconcile stark conflicting substances (physical vs. Transcedence)

Besides what is timeless, spaceless, unbound is negatively defined and we know nothing about such a subject but what its not. Similar to describing a car by what not it is. We actually get nowhere.

The use of "transcendental" is not merely saying "not physical" but a substance antithetical to physical, totally different. So when you said the physical was a manifestation of the transcedental, I was hopelessly shocked.
I understand. Now please show me how the transcendence of the first cause would become antithetical to the physical aspect of our universe.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
^^^
I have explained that numerous times, and even in my last post.

I cringe whenever I "hear" first cause.

The problems thereof, which you don't seem to see: first cause reveals a linear time, without with the idea of first cause falls apart. Which now begs the question when was time caused?
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 1:01am On Jan 01, 2014
Kay 17: ^^^
I have explained that numerous times, and even in my last post.
no actually, the onus is on you who even denies the spiritual,( which I generalize in this case to be the timeless and spaceless realm) to prove that it is anti-physical.

Kay 17: I cringe whenever I "hear" first cause.

The problems thereof, which you don't seem to see: first cause reveals a linear time, without with the idea of first cause falls apart. Which now begs the question when was time caused?
no. First cause reveals that the concept of time was started and put into relay by the cause. By first cause, we mean the cause of our universe itself, with its time and space and every other.
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Kay17: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2014
^^
So before time, right?!
Re: The Uncaused; Origins Of The Universe... The Attributes Of The Starter. by Joshthefirst(m): 11:02am On Jan 01, 2014
So before time, right?!
I understand the conundrum well.

But my position is that time itself was birthed.

What is yours?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did Jesus Smoke Weed? / Top 5 Christian Things That Make Atheists Laugh / Jesus Did Not Give Or Collect Tithe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.