Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Lenovo P780 Smartphone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lenovo P780 Smartphone (28711 Views)

Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone / BlackBerry Unveils Z30 Smartphone With 5-inch display / SmartPhone Apps Depictions -- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED -- (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by ignis: 9:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Ogidi-Olu:

Yes babe but battery life is a BIG advantage. What shall it profit a man to buy a sexy sophisticated phone but still has to carry charger? undecided
You are right...
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by sdavirus: 9:44am On Dec 23, 2013
Although I hate the outlook, the placement of the camera/flash, camera is not extraordinary, compared to what we have now....This phone actually has Gorilla glass. Another reason to purchase it...along with the amazing battery life!
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by sdavirus: 9:48am On Dec 23, 2013
willyfrench:

Well deserved attention cool . Yea I rooted mine, what's the point having an android device if not to maximize its potential wink. Sadly its only got 3G on sim 1 but that isn't an issue cos you can simply toggle on airplane mode and interchange the sims without turning off the phone. Lenovo ought to have made both slots 3G capable tho. Sense them no get! LoL.

I think its the pattern all of them (the chinese based major players) are following these days... 3G on one, GSM on the other. I don't really understand why....?
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Akamo5(m): 11:02am On Dec 23, 2013
is dis phone upgradable through OTA?
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lstar4real(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2013
pls who can help me get xolo q700 online it was $97 on aliexpress.com
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by just2endowed: 7:44pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lstar4real: pls who can help me get xolo q700 online it was $97 on aliexpress.com

its easy, order line with ur ATM master card and wait for de duration of the delivery. if u are scared I can help.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lstar4real(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
just2endowed:

its easy, order line with ur ATM master card and wait for de duration of the delivery. if u are scared I can help.
i need ur help seriouslY Let me knw how we gna go about it...
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Kizyte(m): 1:05am On Dec 24, 2013
just2endowed:

thanks sir for the prompt reply. I did check out aliexpress site and found out that some have high price and some. low price which is too good to be true. have u order from them
Yeah, I ordered my laptop keyboard and battery on Aliexpress and Zopo ZP820 Android phone and a Solar Charger on DHgate.
Buy from a well rated supplier.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Anomnity: 5:05am On Dec 24, 2013
willyfrench:

It is officially specified as non removable but it actually is removable . A seal is put on the battery so if you try removing the seal breaks and voids your warranty.
Thanks bros.I don't need the waranty once fone is genuine.I just want to know if one can buy a spare battery to double the power.So do you think a spare battery can be bought & fixed in the phone without stress?
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 5:59am On Dec 24, 2013
Akamo5: is dis phone upgradable through OTA?

If you have phone rooted and no prior experience of rooting, you will crash the lenovo if you perform an OTA upgrade.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by greatmohd01(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2013
willyfrench:

Well deserved attention cool . Yea I rooted mine, what's the point having an android device if not to maximize its potential wink. Sadly its only got 3G on sim 1 but that isn't an issue cos you can simply toggle on airplane mode and interchange the sims without turning off the phone. Lenovo ought to have made both slots 3G capable tho. Sense them no get! LoL.
willyfrench:

sdavirus:

I think its the pattern all of them (the chinese based major players) are following these days... 3G on one, GSM on the other. I don't really understand why....?
Pls bro, i luv dis ur font.. can u giv me d link to dwnload it or d name.?
Thanks in advance
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by just2endowed: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kizyte:
Yeah, I ordered my laptop keyboard and battery on Aliexpress and Zopo ZP820 Android phone and a Solar Charger on DHgate.
Buy from a well rated supplier.

thats good, but please goods u order, which courier are u using? is it the free courier? how long duration are u waiting? and how do one know the rating standard.

just curious coz am gathering goods to buy so that i wont fall into fake hands. thanks for ur reply.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by REDBULL1(m): 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lexusgs430:

If you have phone rooted and no prior experience of rooting, you will crash the lenovo if you perform an OTA upgrade.

sir, are you implying a rooted fone can't perform OTA upgrade? please enlighten us.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Kizyte(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
just2endowed:

thats good, but please goods u order, which courier are u using? is it the free courier? how long duration are u waiting? and how do one know the rating standard.

just curious coz am gathering goods to buy so that i wont fall into fake hands. thanks for ur reply.
My laptop keyboard with free shipping via Hong Kong Post arrived Nigeria in 21 days. You can chat with your supplier for more info on shipping method.
If you are placing your order on Android phone, I suggest you download the aliexpress platform. Make sure you're registered with Aliexpress or Alibaba, also ensure that the right shipping address and your personal phone number is entered.
Note that not all suppliers do free shipping, and not all suppliers ship via Hong Kong Post even though Hong Kong Post is faster than other free shipping methods like Singapore Post, Sweden Post, Swiss etc.
NB
Tax might be applicable. I didn't pay a Kobo to collect my item from my local Post Office cos the item was declared a GIFT by my supplier, otherwise, I would've paid for Customs duty.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by willyfrench(m): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Anomnity:
Thanks bros.I don't need the waranty once fone is genuine.I just want to know if one can buy a spare battery to double the power.So do you think a spare battery can be bought & fixed in the phone without stress?

Oh yes surely you can.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by willyfrench(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2013
greatmohd01: Pls bro, i luv dis ur font.. can u giv me d link to dwnload it or d name.?
Thanks in advance

I use MyFont app from playstore and the name of that particular font is "Redressed". You have to be rooted to be able to use the app tho.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by just2endowed: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Kizyte:
My laptop keyboard with free shipping via Hong Kong Post arrived Nigeria in 21 days. You can chat with your supplier for more info on shipping method.
If you are placing your order on Android phone, I suggest you download the aliexpress platform. Make sure you're registered with Aliexpress or Alibaba, also ensure that the right shipping address and your personal phone number is entered.
Note that not all suppliers do free shipping, and not all suppliers ship via Hong Kong Post even though Hong Kong Post is faster than other free shipping methods like Singapore Post, Sweden Post, Swiss etc.
NB
Tax might be applicable. I didn't pay a Kobo to collect my item from my local Post Office cos the item was declared a GIFT by my supplier, otherwise, I would've paid for Customs duty.

you just highlight about custom duty.will I chat with my supplier that ur should tag the goods as gift.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Kizyte(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
just2endowed:

you just highlight about custom duty.will I chat with my supplier that ur should tag the goods as gift.
Some nice suppliers don't need to be told what to do cos they already know, but you can negotiate such with them.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 6:34am On Dec 25, 2013
Based on the write-ups and recommendations on this thread, I have just placed my order for my Lenovo P780. Total cost $225.00 comes with original lenovo leather case, car charger, screen protector and card reader.
I also did my own personal read-up. And realised not all sellers have the Lenovo P780 rooted and have ROW rom (rest of the world) and not all have the google playstore pre-installed.
Of course, mine has all of the above pre-installed and I have told seller to delete all chinese apps and test throughly !!! (I learnt some devices have wifi connectivity issues )
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by kenyarttar: 8:48am On Dec 25, 2013
Lexusgs430: Based on the write-ups and recommendations on this thread, I have just placed my order for my Lenovo P780. Total cost $225.00 comes with original lenovo leather case, car charger, screen protector and card reader.
I also did my own personal read-up. And realised not all sellers have the Lenovo P780 rooted and have ROW rom (rest of the world) and not all have the google playstore pre-installed.
Of course, mine has all of the above pre-installed and I have told seller to delete all chinese apps and test throughly !!! (I learnt some devices have wifi connectivity issues )

Wonderful, i love this. Congrats. Wish i could order one myself but i'm tight got some projects on my hand. maybe in january...if there isn't anything better than. Do keep us posted on how the delivery goes wink

P/S: we're very interested to know where you placed your order. Link if possible.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by willyfrench(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2013
Lexusgs430: Based on the write-ups and recommendations on this thread, I have just placed my order for my Lenovo P780. Total cost $225.00 comes with original lenovo leather case, car charger, screen protector and card reader.

That's what's up! You completely on point bro, you got a perfect deal I'm too impressed.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2013
kenyarttar:

Wonderful, i love this. Congrats. Wish i could order one myself but i'm tight got some projects on my hand. maybe in january...if there isn't anything better than. Do keep us posted on how the delivery goes wink

P/S: we're very interested to know where you placed your order. Link if possible.

I found the listing on ebay uk. After numerous email exchanges with the seller, he was going to sell @ $250.00 if I bought through ebay site, but $225.00 if I bought directly. Paid through paypal and posting would be done after xmas (paid 2day).
Will send updates when device is received.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Lexusgs430: 9:33am On Dec 25, 2013
willyfrench:

That's what's up! You completely on point bro, you got a perfect deal I'm too impressed.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thanks. You made my device-tongues yawn for this device. Did all research, and in 24 hours order was placed !!!!

1 Like

Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by dybaba(m): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2013
Place order for mine yesterday for $243.7 ( Lenovo P780 + original Lenovo leather case + 16G micro SD ) at aliexpress. Seller promise to ship today or tomorrow a.s.a my payment is verified.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by willyfrench(m): 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
dybaba: Place order for mine yesterday for $243.7 ( Lenovo P780 + original Lenovo leather case + 16G micro SD ) at aliexpress. Seller promise to ship today or tomorrow a.s.a my payment is verified.

See my people springing up sharply! Can't wait to have P780 paddies grin. You are in the spirit man, very wise choice to get a memory card. I ordered for an original SanDisk 32gb memory card from aliexpress for $29.99 early this month and it arrived lag 2 days ago but I haven't picked up.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by kenyarttar: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2013
dybaba: Place order for mine yesterday for $243.7 ( Lenovo P780 + original Lenovo leather case + 16G micro SD ) at aliexpress. Seller promise to ship today or tomorrow a.s.a my payment is verified.

Una too much. As always keep us posted...carry us along to the end. merry Merry Christmas!
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by dybaba(m): 1:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lol..... grin grin grin grin grin . ......no time bro. na sharp sharp things.

willyfrench:

See my people springing up sharply! Can't wait to have P780 paddies grin. You are in the spirit man, very wise choice to get a memory card. I ordered for an original SanDisk 32gb memory card from aliexpress for $29.99 early this month and it arrived lag 2 days ago but I haven't picked up.
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by dybaba(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2013
ok!........Merry Christmas!! to you too my bro
kenyarttar:

Una too much. As always keep us posted...carry us along to the end. merry Merry Christmas!
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by willyfrench(m): 2:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
In the spirit of the season I share few pics of my best buddy wink

Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by REDBULL1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2013

Congrats friend!!! please do us on this thread a favour. post the link of the seller. also, are u using free shipping or is it paid?
Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by REDBULL1(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2013
willyfrench: In the spirit of the season I share few pics of my best buddy wink

woooww! sexier than my ex girlfriend hahahahaa. I'm happy our thread us moving forward. please guys don't hesitate to share any info u come across about the fone, not minding if it seems irrelevant. thanks!!!

1 Like

Re: Lenovo P780 Smartphone by Kizyte(m): 11:06pm On Dec 25, 2013
I'm surprised, no one has giving me some credits for sharing such an interesting information on how to place orders on aliexpress and dhgate undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPPO A92 For ₦109,900: Is It Worth It? / How To Recognize 2go Guys In Public Groups And Forums / What Happens To Your Facebook Account After You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.