Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,763 members, 7,840,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary (35497 Views)

Tom Samson's Rolls-Royce 50th Birthday Gift (pics) / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Manred0(m): 9:38am On Dec 22, 2013
tbaba1234:

Can you name the scholar, his 'church' and your evidence for this?

am also patiently waiting to here d scholar's name.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by jaybee3(m): 9:39am On Dec 22, 2013
Why are these fools so bleeping insensitive?

Geez

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by bxcode(m): 9:41am On Dec 22, 2013
Practical christianity is dead, its good to be comfortable as a man of God, but buying jets, #120m plus cars, that's way too materialistic....its between them and God anyway..but i will NEVER pay my tithe in such churches.

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by infiniteloop(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2013
crisycent: Na so big boys dey do am.... see pastor dey drive my dream car...choi. i go change my carrier. grin grin grin grin grin

You are right, bro. But change your 'carrier' when you can spell it correctly-career.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by tyson55(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2013
I'm not against religious belief of any origin. But when I see or hear $10, $15, $30 million dollar churches, Rolls Royce Cars, $40 thousand suits of clothes, 2 to 3 private jet collection, etc those religious beliefs get somewhat watered down. I begin to look at the "preacher" like I view politicians.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ejifranks(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Like Damien marley said in 'Patience' " evangelist robbing men with the bible"
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by nopecin(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2013
Pastor dey enjoy while the church member hardly eat 3 square meal......u go explain when u get to heaven....Barawo
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Ukutsgp(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Is this what our tithe and offering money use for? If it is, then it is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by oluwashaddow(m): 9:46am On Dec 22, 2013
and they will keep telling d gullible ones dat it is good to be poor cause d Bible says it is easier for a poor man to make heaven
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by LEOSIRSIR(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
Lord have mercy! Tithe payers this is where you tithe goes to...
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by boban007: 9:47am On Dec 22, 2013
What of those buying aeroplanes.this is chicken change compared to cost of buying aeroplanes in millions of DOLLARS.or billions in naira.CHOOSE ONE,PRIVATE JET OR ROLLS ROYCE.GOD SURELY KNOWS THOSE SERVING HIM.SOMEONE ONCE TOLD ME SOME TEN YEARS AGO,THAT THE MOST LUCRATIVE BUSINESS IN NIGERIA IS TO OWN A CHURCH.THEN I WAS MUCH YOUNGER AND THOT HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS SAYING.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by homeboy205: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2013
Oludrex:
Wake up bro.. Tax won't be on the pastor it will still fall on the loyal fan and gullible member of he church

TAXING CHURCH MEANS THE PASTOR HAS TO REDUCE THEIR SPENDINGS TOO, A PASTOR IN UK CAN'T BUY A PRIVATE JET WITHOUT BEING TAXED BY THE GOVERNMENT... LETS WAKE UP NIGERIANS

2 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by dorleey(f): 9:53am On Dec 22, 2013
ajoguegbe:
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

pls stop quoting the Bible for selfish interest. If actually he bought a car of such huge amount, use security men at d alter and also point accusing fingers to a church which doctrines are not well known to him then he isn't innocent. That d Bible said that we shldnt judge doesn't mean that wen we see someone going and leading others astray we shld keep mute. It is ur type that twist and understand d bible upside down which lead some ppl to fall out from the Christian faith. Buying a car for such amount doesn't show richness but avarice!

5 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by valdprof: 9:54am On Dec 22, 2013
braine: What kind of job does a pastor do to give way for purchase of such frivolous material? All at the expense of the poor majority of his congregation!

The idea of church is almost walking out of my mind with news like this.
correct
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by victorv12(m): 9:59am On Dec 22, 2013
The bitter truth is that most Christians simply lack the ability to "think out" of the mental-box in which they are Imprisoned by the bible.

I will not condemn Okotie for the gullibility of his congregation.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 22, 2013
crisycent: Na so big boys dey do am.... see pastor dey drive my dream car...choi. i go change my carrier. grin grin grin grin grin

U go change ur carrier from malaria to HIV undecided
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Gofwane(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Dats y i luv my baptist church. My pastor na 504 him dey ryd.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by victorlexa(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2013
no wonder even agbero`s dey rush open church...
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by fboycaestro(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=ajoguegbe]
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

Are u kiiding me? Why does a man need a car of 120m or a jet for? Not talking of a man of God, what is the essence of that car? Knowing fully well he just acquired a Range Rover for 33m. I think you're missing something, why are pastors in Nigeria after luxuries? No one is thinking like a poor man but common sense tells us this is no way right. All of these things they do is not preaching the word,they are meant to be role models but their love for money is somthing I can't just comprehend and we all know they are doing this at the expense of their poor members. Little wonder Karl Marx said religion is a tool of oppression used by the oppressor to oppress the oppressed. God help us

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Oludrex(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2013
Yahoo boys rob wit internet.. Thugs rob wit gun politician rob wit power.. Nonetheless, Pastor Okotie robs wit bible
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by OmoTier1(m): 10:04am On Dec 22, 2013
jay bee: Why are these fools so bleeping insensitive?

Geez
Do you even know who a fool is? Let me tell you if you do not know... The bible clearly tells you that ONLY A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD.

@thread.
Why do many of you suppose that Pastors are there to make you people rich by coming to church? Pastors are only messages who God gives over His flock to tender, however That does not mean Pastors should not drive the best cars in the world!

Some of you are here screaming and hauling insults while others are right now WORKING THEIR FAITH and tomorrow you would start to haul insults at them when they begin to drive the latest cars.

Salvation is a total package and it is free for everyone to enjoy. The word of God is too powerful and it can take any man from rags to stupendous wealth beyond mens imaginations.

Please let the Pastors be and go sort out your own life with God. Meanwhile I would like to bring this scriptures to your knowledge

Psalms 112.

1 Praise the Lord.
Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
who find great delight in his commands.
2 Their children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
[b]3 Wealth and riches are in their houses,
and their righteousness endures forever.

4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.

5 Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely,
who conduct their affairs with justice.
6 Surely the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be remembered forever.
7 They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
8 Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear;
in the end they will look in triumph on their foes.
9 They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor,
their righteousness endures forever;
their horn[c] will be lifted high in honor.
10 The wicked will see and be vexed,
they will gnash their teeth and waste away;
the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ezeuba(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2013
Magic Bishop: This guy just they rob God's people
Everyone is GOD's people... only the foolish and gullible get robbed by these wolves in sheepskin...
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2013
Sagamite: [size=28pt]HALLELUJAH!!![/size]

The Lord is great!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nigerians are pure fucktards! I have said it several and many times.

Mugus give their money to criminals in the hope of salvation.

Men of Con like this and Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo etc.

And these cretins would turn around and be talking like utter fooooooooooooooooools about how they are saved. grin

All i see is "men of con" grin
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Tosyn007(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2013
#offeringthangs
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:08am On Dec 22, 2013
Well, I am buying a new suit! Church business on my mind
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by victorD3: 10:08am On Dec 22, 2013
I heard that in the last edition of Dragons Den a Nigeria went there to demand for money to open a church.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by OmoTier1(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=fboycaestro][/quote]

Mr, go learn the principles in Gods word and you won't be talking like a beggarly. If I may ask you, what have you don for the name of Jesus even with the little you have? Has the kingdom come to bear you witness as a financial of the gospel? How many people living lowly in your neighbourhood are you going to be feeding this Christmas?

Why should you suppose that Pastors should not drive cars worth $1m and yet the agents of darkness can do such and you all will raise your voices and yell out rejoicing.

Like archbishop Idahosa always said..."My God is not a poor God..." cool

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by sowprice(m): 10:09am On Dec 22, 2013
asanchez: END TIME CAR
hahahaha u gat me lafin++++na only God go judge us ooo
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by smite(m): 10:13am On Dec 22, 2013
And this guy wan run 4 presidency that year?

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Prince29(m): 10:14am On Dec 22, 2013
oh boy i gbadu dis ma town man style christ okotie from agbarho in delta state abeg dey flex.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by jarkbauer: 10:14am On Dec 22, 2013
OYEDEPO ADEBOYE OKOTIE ORITSEJAFOR, OYAKHILOME ETC ARE ALL FALSE PROPHETS. TIME WILL TELL
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ifebosco: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2013
olaobifarmltd: That is his choice. Never judge any man you can't create. I'm not in support tho
criticize bad thing and speak it out for our good,people like you are the one´s who see´s bad thing and keep quiet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cultist Vomits 'Demonic Cowries' At TB Joshua’s Church!!! / What Has The Incessant Leaks Of Sex And Nude Videos Taught Us? / Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.