Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,801 members, 7,841,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary (35498 Views)

Tom Samson's Rolls-Royce 50th Birthday Gift (pics) / Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
kambo:

people who count in millions dont make it savg a dollar a day.
And i said on an international scale not 3 wrld scale (where the life time income of 3 generations of d wrkg class can b under a $100k ). I repeat $1m is nothg at these levels to the rich. And okotie is in d class of the rich locally.
Even to the upper middle class, a million is easily achievable.
Dyu know wat real estate prices in the west is going for?
Theyre jewelry selling for a million dollars and more.
Tuition in ivy leagues is hovers near half a million dollars and theyre over subscribed they have to turn ppl dwn.
Is it only the rch patronisg?
A pastr with a million dollar auto collection wnt even make local head lines.

I mention d tobacco and so on companies cuz though theyre a business theyre lavish expenses dont recieve the kind of attention pastrs receive fr their expenditures.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read your post from the beginning to the end and all I see is someone conflating issues; economy, the american family income, middle class, capitalism, politics and avoiding the real issue; the real reason why this made FRONT PAGE of nairaland. Take a moment back and ask yourself why this outrage here; most of us are christians like Okotie but we have risen to condemn this action. the reason is to remind you again; OKOTIE is a Pastor; if this was Adenuga, Bill Gates, Dantata or politicians and then all your reasons might be valid. ONE QUESTION SOMEONE earlier ASKED AND I ASK AGAIN; HOW DOES THIS PURCHASE OF 120 MILLION NAIRA CAR HELP OKOTIE OR HIS MEMBERS SPIRITUAL LIFE? A pastor calling is to win souls, to teach that our purpose on earth is to gain heaven ; how does this help win souls for christ, how does this preach that message that heaven is the final destination and there lies true happiness; HOW?

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by stevecantrell: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ayoobscom: Is this car more expensive than Adeboye's jet?

Just curious o

Funny enough, no one gets to see adeboye's jet, its parked away in a hangar at the airport.
This machine will 'oppress' the average man on the street.

Chris has very deep pockets but I don't think its tithes, a select number pentecostals get large grants from Affiliate churches and organisations in the US.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by onyxo76(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jesus wept!
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Pokemon43(f): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2013
Now i am begining to c y dey say there is d stomach calling and d divine calling
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Lumyboi(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
kambo:

Jesus never accumulated wealth because he was here on a short mission. He ddnt come to live but to die and solve the sin problem.
If u thnk he endorses poverty check out where he lives in heaven.
Its top down lavish. Pearls precious stones gold streets.
Its over the top.
If Jesus where to b on earth as a man , how dyu thnk he'll live? He'll b lavish. because He's vain? No.
because things will chase him.
Ppl will walk up to him and hand him million dollar cheques.
People will buy him the best car to preach d gospel in.
He and his crew will fly first class or private jet to preach the gospel in another country and all the while somebody wud b stealg from His treasury but the money wud keep comg.

Wat dyu think this things mean to God? He created them. He knows where they are.
God's heart is for man. Man is to Him wat money is to man.

Jesus used

Naija made christianity. Notin abt salvation. Al abt moni moni moni. Confused christians readin d bible upside down. U beta read ur bible to understand. Nt wot ur pastor wants u to knw.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by adze(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
it's okay for 2face, psquare, d'banj even Davido to own it, bt d man of God shouldn't? hmmm u are happy to call them poor as church rats abi
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Krisddon: 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
He's talking money, all ya talking is nonsense!
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by thewarrior72: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Eminentsaint: He should have bought clothes, food stuffs and other humane items and give to orphans and widows and the poor.
undecided
Then he go come de ride orphans abi?
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
I can smell poverty in nigeria. Anytime a pastor buys an ordinary okada, people start complaining. if you dont like a pastor for whatever reason, stop going to his church. However, okotie's church members aint complaining. why is everyone so concerned about what goes on in his church when u aint even a member. Very simple, if you are a member of a church whose pastor's lifestyle you dont agree with, LEAVE THE CHURCH and stop complaining. Your complaints and rantings wont take back the pastor's properties..as a matter of fact, the so called pastor will keep acquiring more properties year in year out. Leave stories jor

1 Like

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ericgold(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
ajoguegbe:
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

shut up ee! If u nor get any beta tin to talk just shut dt ur toilet(called mouth) you just reason with ur yansh and u bringing out shit...so your advice is dt men of God 2day shud survive @d expense of his members abi?? I don't say a man of God shud not be rich,but wen 85percent of ur members are not rich and u advise dem to buy a car worth 120m(in your statement)which can be use to help millions of d less Privilege in our society but chooses to buy worldly tins u knw u won't take to heaven,my brother have a rethink of heart and see d errors in ur statement(or maybe ignorance)

Benson idahosa university of today,how many of its members can afford to put his or her ward there or is it babecock But all this pple called pastors source their money(church revenue allocation) from ur head thru tithe and all...if you want to lead as a pastor lead with example....I don talk my own finish.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by BlueMagic2(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
And foolish Nigerians still go to this fool's church & give him offerings. He is a Divorcee, flaunts wealth, never helps the poor, never tries to win souls for God.............. What a man of God. Only the blind lead the blind.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Mr, go learn the principles in Gods word and you won't be talking like a beggarly. If I may ask you, what have you don for the name of Jesus even with the little you have? Has the kingdom come to bear you witness as a financial of the gospel? How many people living lowly in your neighbourhood are you going to be feeding this Christmas?

Why should you suppose that Pastors should not drive cars worth $1m and yet the agents of darkness can do such and you all will raise your voices and yell out rejoicing.

Like archbishop Idahosa always said..."My God is not a poor God..." cool
Wonderful phrase by a man with goat's brain undecided
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by ayonie: 6:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
ajoguegbe:
And who gave you the statistics of poor people in his church. Most of you wish pastors are poor, it is the desire of the devil too, but its too late they have discovered their rights in Christ. If you as an ordinary member realize your right in Christ and work hard, you will join the rich class, its not meant for pastors alone but some are leading by example.

It was Judas who criticized Mary for spending on Christ with the argument that such spending should have been given to the poor, an argument Jesus countered(John 12:3-5). The same old trick of the devil: trying to use compassion for the poor to stop believers from getting any favour. For crying out loud 90% people are poor by choice not by chance. Many had the same challenge that made them poor but utilized it to become rich while they were giving excuses. You don't expect me to be living poor just because their are people who refused to pay the price that I paid. Some people are making money now while some are always on Nairaland lazying and looking for the next pastor to criticize, later in life they will look for those to blame for their poverty: either government or uncle. I have told myself, I have no reason to be poor and even if I am a pastor, it has not changed my conviction. Hate me as you can, its not my fault, I labour for it like some pastors do

Disclaimer: Please note that I am not saying there are no theifing men of God, but such people often return to poverty, karma catches up with them. And even if not, they will pay the ultimate price but it is not you that should judge a God's servant(Rom 14:4), no not in a public forum, bible is against it; it is not you that should join the camp of the accuser of the brethren (Rev 12:9-11)except you are working for the devil yourself

Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
litetias: People like you fail to understand Christianity. Jesus never accumulated wealth. He never owned anything and he always taught that you can't care about the things of this world and still be his disciple. Were his disciples wealthy and owners of property. No he took them away from their occupation and into his service. Jesus didn't have a horse for his movements but the pastors now have private jets. I am not saying pastors should be poor but you and I know their main goal nowadays is mansions, cars, jets, universities, political connections and so on and if you look at the situation of the country you'll realise that the people are farther from God than ever. Materialism has taken over and christians move from church to church to get jobs, marriage, promotion and so on.
That is why the Holy Spirit cannot spread the gospel through people like you because you refused to accept the message in full and live it! I tell you this, there is no way you would live by the Word of God and not over flow in riches! I mean it just would not happen. How did you come to the conclusion that the main goal of Pastors these days is owning mansion and cars? Are you God to know what is in their hearts?

The truth is many of you spew materialism but have very little grasp about the 'correct' and accurate teachings of what the bible says about it!

If I tell you this that even Jesus said you should make friends with the wealth of this world what would you say?
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by OmoTier1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
Idi Amin: Wonderful phrase by a man with goat's brain undecided
What is this one saying? Have you bought food for Christmas yet undecided
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Able4christ(m): 7:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
fijiano202: Wow see ride wey pastor wan go drive for Heaven.nna angels go fear fear
Abeg i no fit laugh Sth must be involve
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by oluwashedy: 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2013
Worldliness has eaten deep into d ch....y buy xotic car to celebrate his anniversary wen he cn jux reflect in his spiritual lyf or gv bk to d society
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by tiswell(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2013
wahala dey o....suffer suffer for world....enjoy for heaven,,,aaaammmeeeennnn!!!!! mtheewww
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Femmymata2(m): 8:06pm On Dec 22, 2013
The rolls royce is for the furtherance of the gospel. What I expect next is for okotie to go for a brand new jet, at least MAGA WON'T STOP paying their hard earned money. Vacatiön all over the world,yatch,mansions,luxurious cars,jets,expensive jewelry e.t.c Heaven will work hard to meet the test of these MOG when they get there
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Femmymata2(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2013
The rolls royce is for the furtherance of the gospel. What I expect next is for okotie to go for a brand new jet, at least MAGA WON'T STOP paying their hard earned money. Vacatiön all over the world,yatch,mansions,luxurious cars,jets,expensive jewelries e.t.c Heaven will work hard to meet the taste of these MOG when they get there
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by kayClt(f): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
And some of his member will go arund to lend moni to pay deir tithe n offering only for this Man to use dem to buy a car and some berger r dere begging to eat bread.God hv mercy.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by callmenow: 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2013
But @OP Rolls Royce Coupe, 2014 Bespoke Edition does not exist. There is no such thing. Why don't you do fact checking before publishing? Is this to denigrate Okotie or to acclaim him for job well done? A country where citizens wallow in permanent ignorance, character assassination and innuendo is not fit to excel or reach the heights. This is a zombie story. living Dead on arrival (DOA)
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by sarutobie(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
ericgold: shut up ee! If u nor get any beta tin to talk just shut dt ur toilet(called mouth) you just reason with ur yansh and u bringing out shit...so your advice is dt men of God 2day shud survive @d expense of his members abi?? I don't say a man of God shud not be rich,but wen 85percent of ur members are not rich and u advise dem to buy a car worth 120m(in your statement)which can be use to help millions of d less Privilege in our society but chooses to buy worldly tins u knw u won't take to heaven,my brother have a rethink of heart and see d errors in ur statement(or maybe ignorance)

Benson idahosa university of today,how many of its members can afford to put his or her ward there or is it babecock But all this pple called pastors source their money(church revenue allocation) from ur head thru tithe and all...if you want to lead as a pastor lead with example....I don talk my own finish.
We don hear..but care to tell us how you came about the 85% you just quoted? Are you a member of his church?
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by joaquin64(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
You all run to church, rich, poor and all, screaming your amens and looking for some miracle while throwing your monies at him as payment somewhat...why then wouldn't he be able to afford a wealthier lifestyle than you people? He is human just like you after all! But no, you would come to NL and lament and lament and yet today, this very Sunday, many of you still went and gave the very same people your money expecting life altering magic instead of working hard for them. And you will do it again next week...and next week... Keep quiet dere and let the man enjoy his new ride abeg! He too has worked extremely hard for it at the expense of your zealous quest for religion and not God who you should focus on.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Tn12345: 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
What sermon will he deliver to the poor?
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2013
Maga don pay....shout alleluia !

Pastor okotie is already living heaven while majority are still seeking heaven by paying tithes & offerings to him !

Alleluia somebody !
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by adusco(m): 9:16pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jus saying we wish you a merry xmaz.
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by Fourwinds: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
That is why the Holy Spirit cannot spread the gospel through people like you because you refused to accept the message in full and live it! I tell you this, there is no way you would live by the Word of God and not over flow in riches! I mean it just would not happen. How did you come to the conclusion that the main goal of Pastors these days is owning mansion and cars? Are you God to know what is in their hearts?

The truth is many of you spew materialism but have very little grasp about the 'correct' and accurate teachings of what the bible says about it!

If I tell you this that even Jesus said you should make friends with the wealth of this world what would you say?
By their fruits u shall know them. what a man thinketh he manifest by his actions
Re: Okotie Buys N120m Rolls Royce To Mark Pastoral Anniversary by kambo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
adavize:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read your post from the beginning to the end and all I see is someone conflating issues; economy, the american family income, middle class, capitalism, politics and avoiding the real issue; the real reason why this made FRONT PAGE of nairaland. Take a moment back and ask yourself why this outrage here; most of us are christians like Okotie but we have risen to condemn this action. the reason is to remind you again; OKOTIE is a Pastor; if this was Adenuga, Bill Gates, Dantata or politicians and then all your reasons might be valid. ONE QUESTION SOMEONE earlier ASKED AND I ASK AGAIN; HOW DOES THIS PURCHASE OF 120 MILLION NAIRA CAR HELP OKOTIE OR HIS MEMBERS SPIRITUAL LIFE? A pastor calling is to win souls, to teach that our purpose on earth is to gain heaven ; how does this help win souls for christ, how does this preach that message that heaven is the final destination and there lies true happiness; HOW?

thanks for readg my post and i ddnt conflate issues but put it in context.
The real issue isnt his spiritual life. None of u posters care abt his spirituality. The main issue is the car and the price tag which i addressed.
because of the seemgly high price tag he's accused of acquirg it dubiously.
I took no stand but said it cud be either way remindg all ravers tht $1m dollars 4 two cars is small fry in the international scheme and to God.
God can bless and has blessed his people for their personal enjoyment with assets of and above $1m. And he will do it again.
If its not God it still doesnt mean he got it dubiously.
Yes he rich. Again i said on d international scene a rich man owning cars wrth $1m isnt news worthy.
Your question reminds of the stuff u get in churches promotg lean livg.
Fyi, it helps his spiritual a lot if he is satsfied.
He likes cars. He got the car he liked. What dyu think he'll be sayg after gettg it?
"praise the Lord", "you shall b the head not the tail", "you shall b untop not beneath".
If God is behind his wealth, he is a livg testimony tht God can prosper and bless you.
His life is the proof.
This is spirituality. Spirituality and life are interconnected.
Actually, you got it wrong. A pastors calling is to feed and nurture the sheep.
It is the evangelist tht wins souls.
Heaven isnt the final destination.
Earth is. Man was created for earth ,sinned fell from grace and the earth fell into satans power. God's plan thru Jesus is to restore man back to his right authority as the god of the earth. The final plan is for Man to rule and reign with Christ on earth.
How does is further the wrk of d gospel? If God gave it to him or he got it legitimately, his joy is full ,
if the car and things are not idols to him - his faith in God will soar. Next he can believe God for bigger things like yatchs jets etc- who were this created for? Sinners?
All this is okay if he is doing wat God called him to do.
You and every one judgg and accusg him dont know what God called him to specifcally and if he is on track.
He is also not going to giv account of how he lived to man but to his Master,Jesus,who called him.
The bible says whatever you desire .... In mark 11. If you want a $10m car, its your business. God has given you d wrd, its up to you and your faith.
If you want a $100m car its not a problem to God. The only biblical clause is your prayer may fail if "you ask to satisfy your lust" (idolatory).
Or if your heart loves Things more than God outside tht You not God determines HoW RICH YOU CAN BE.
some people know these principles ar ar applyg them while the rest ar hatg.
A $1m is small to God and on a global scale.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cultist Vomits 'Demonic Cowries' At TB Joshua’s Church!!! / What Has The Incessant Leaks Of Sex And Nude Videos Taught Us? / Nasarawa: Hamza Alkali Hand Amputated After Attack By Suspected Fulani Herdsman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.