Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 (5665 Views)

How Much Will Seun Give The Winner Of Miss Nairaland 2015 / Seun Give Us #now Playing Section Asap! / Seun: Give Nairaland A Facelift! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Ishilove: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2013
texanomaly:

Is Enigma old? How old? Just curious...
Let's just say he's a lot older than most of us here. He and alatheia
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Ishilove: 6:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Any sensible person would see that Alfa was trying to make a point that people's religions are different. In one, it might be okay to put satan as evil and in another, it would be wrong.

Alfa is a satanist. It would do you well to understand things before you talk.
So you believe Alfa is a satanist? He isn't. I can see through his mask.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 24, 2013
Ishilove:
So you believe Alfa is a satanist? He isn't. I can see through his mask.

Just like how Mynd knew what I meant when I said "tool"

keep mind reading
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Ishilove: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2013
Logicboy03:

Just like how Mynd knew what I meant when I said "tool"

keep mind reading
It's not mind reading. It's 'profiling'.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 6:57am On Dec 24, 2013
Last night as I was getting myself settled to watch Arsenal battle Chelsea, I took a peep into my profile and who did I see? The emperor mod herself of course, Mynd_44! she was in full regalia, yet she sneaked in like a thief into my profile. As I watched with keen interest this comic scene, I wondered what was so imperative that he had to risk such Ignominy. It took a while for me to complete, but when she was finally done...

This:

Banned by Mynd_44 in Religion for Religious intolerance against atheists. Ban expires on 4:45pm On Dec 25

was replaced by this:

Banned by Mynd_44 in Religion for Fighting,and exchanging insults with the user Enigma . Ban expires on 10:22am On Dec 25

hahahahaha, incompetency yeye de smell...I felt like scrubbing my phone clean.

https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/41#20419643
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan:

Then what about when he bans me for "religious intolerance against atheists". When such never ever happened. Till now he has not shown me what I said against atheist, yet I am still banned for it. How do I get a level playing ground on this?

That is a bit hilarious! Are you certain Mynd banned you for "Religious intolerance against Atheists"??

If he did then I think its rather amusing because technically, no one should be banned for that considering that Atheism (strictly speaking) is not a Religion.

Regarding Atheism as a Religion can be argued to be quite offensive to Atheists, let alone using that as the basis for placing a ban on a member. I guess Mynd meant something else.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by texanomaly(f): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2013
morning striktlymi
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Enigma(m): 7:35am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan: Last night as I was getting myself settled to watch Arsenal battle Chelsea, I took a peep into my profile and who did I see? The emperor mod herself of course, Mynd_44! she was in full regalia, yet she sneaked in like a thief into my profile. As I watched with keen interest this comic scene, I wondered what was so imperative that he had to risk such Ignominy. It took a while for me to complete, but when she was finally done...

This:

Banned by Mynd_44 in Religion for Religious intolerance against atheists. Ban expires on 4:45pm On Dec 25

was replaced by this:

Banned by Mynd_44 in Religion for Fighting,and exchanging insults with the user Enigma . Ban expires on 10:22am On Dec 25

hahahahaha, incompetency yeye de smell...I felt like scrubbing my phone clean.

https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/41#20419643

^^^ It is alright to complain about (perceived) injustice -- BUT you give him power over you by dwelling on it. Free your own mind and move on -- afterall tomorrow soon come.

You are even better off to give him the third finger greeting (or two fingers - depending on local custom) and fuggedabourit!

smiley

By the way, when you have forgotten about the clearly poor Mod, we can resume on the concerned thread tomorrow! grin
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2013
manmustwac: well if thsts the case you guys just have to keep campaigning for a permanent mod from that section. I thought you could reason with him but is obviously not possible.

We may ultimately need new mods, either to join mynd or takeover but for now I think mynd may have started communicating some of his reasons for banning folks, though they are a bit controversial. At least he did that quite a bit yesterday. This is a good development.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi:

That is a bit hilarious! Are you certain Mynd banned you for "Religious intolerance against Atheists"??

If he did then I think its rather amusing because technically, no one should be banned for that considering that Atheism (strictly speaking) is not a Religion.

Regarding Atheism as a Religion can be argued to be quite offensive to Atheists, let alone using that as the basis of placing a ban on a member. I guess Mynd meant something else.

Bro, no kidding here. Na wetin I see yesterday. What is more hilarious is the justification he made for doing that when I challenged him, do you want to hear what it was?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2013
texanomaly: morning striktlymi

Top of the morning to you too tex.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2013
Enigma:

^^^ It is alright to complain about (perceived) injustice -- BUT you give him power over you by dwelling on it. Free your own mind and move on -- afterall tomorrow soon come.

You are even better off to give him the third finger greeting (or two fingers - depending on local custom) and fuggedabourit!

smiley

By the way, when you have forgotten about the clearly poor Mod, we can resume on the concerned thread tomorrow! grin

Enigma!!! I guess there is some sort of goodness in things evil, if only man could find it... Good morning.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Enigma(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan:

Enigma!!! I guess there is some sort of goodness in things evil, if only man could find it... Good morning.

Good morning, brah. smiley

@bolded, I ain't no Enigma for nuthin'! wink
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan:

Bro, no kidding here. Na wetin I see yesterday. What is more hilarious is the justification he made for doing that when I challenged him, do you want to hear what it was?

Sorry at my response time...a bit distracted here.

@post: By all means...
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 7:46am On Dec 24, 2013
Enigma:

Good morning, brah. smiley

@bolded, I ain't no Enigma for nuthin'! wink

I see you wink
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Enigma(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2013
grin

smiley
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry at my response time...a bit distracted here.

@post: By all means...

He said I had "Religious Intolerance to Atheists" because I called Enigma "cry baby".
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan:

He said I had "Religious Intolerance to Atheists" because I called Enigma "cry baby".

Lol!!!

I guess your night was quite merry because of the laughs you may have had. Anyways, that underscores the argument some folks have put forth already. Mynd seem not to be acquainted with folks in the section.

Though I think it is not necessary to know the members of a section to have a great spell as mod in that section but I believe knowing the members and the section in question is a 'good to have' given the advantages that comes with it.

But again, the change that occurred in your profile, the one you mentioned a moment ago, goes to show that he probably may be learning fast; and its a pointer to the fact that he is listening as well too.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by macof(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Alfa's intent was to troll and Mynd intuited this perfectly. Alfa is an atheist who takes delight in shocking and offending Christians with his posts on satan worship. Heck, he doesn't believe in God and Satan, so he what the heck was he trying to do by complaining about Aji's thread?

And are u(or anyone) in the position to dictate his religious beliefs or disbelief?

Alfa is known satanist of the 3rd order, he strives to be satan-like so why should ajibam not be ban right now?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 8:23am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

I guess your night was quite merry because of the laughs you may have had. Anyways, that underscores the argument some folks have put forth already. Mynd seem not to be acquainted with folks in the section.

Though I think it is not necessary to know the members of a section to have a great spell as mod in that section but I believe knowing the members and the section in question is a 'good to have' given the advantages that comes with it.

But again, the change that occurred in your profile, the one you mentioned a moment ago, goes to show that he probably may be learning fast; and its a pointer to the fact that he is listening as well too.

Indeed it was quite entertaining.

Well...Striktly, by now you should know that I do not attack without reason, and how quick I am to sheath my sword. However, I kinda have a different opinion to your last statement. I rather think he was desperate to hide his gaffe. The solution is to Unban me and apologize, not to seek flimsy reason to keep me gagged.

I have no reason to be banned, as I have stated here : https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/40#20405197. The links I provided bear me witness.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Syncan:

Indeed it was quite entertaining.

Well...Striktly, by now you should know that I do not attack without reason, and how quick I am to sheath my sword. However, I kinda have a different opinion to your last statement. I rather think he was desperate to hide his gaffe. The solution is to Unban me and apologize, not to seek flimsy reason to keep me gagged.

I have no reason to be banned, as I have stated here : https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints/40#20405197. The links I provided bear me witness.

Went through your post and had this wierd case of déjà vu. More like I dreamt about the defence you put up. That's an 'aside'!

@Post: that's another way to view what happened.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Syncan(m): 8:39am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Went through your post and had this wierd case of déjà vu. More like I dreamt about the defence you put up. That's an 'aside'!

@Post: that's another way to view what happened.

@ your last, Sure it is...if the mod is one who has shown reason to suggest decorum in any way... Yes it could be.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by psky: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi:

I agree completely!

I think Seun can be quite reasonable when he wants to and I do understand why he may not allow us have our way all the time, especially when our request is not 'good' for business.

In this case, I see a situation where Seun can give almost anything to see some level of stability come to the section. Mynd might just be Seun's way of achieving that stability but as it stands, it is not working as planned.

Of course it's not working as planned, that mynd guy is a freaking tyrant. A tyrant who doesn't even know the meaning of the terms he uses. Can you imagine him calling me a troll, a troll for doing nothing but defending Alfa Seltzer and Pagan 9ja and challenging him to defend his actions against them. The glaring hypocrisy was when he hid wiegraf's comment for telling him he was the real troll. In all honesty he is a troll, According to the seventh definition of a troll in the urban dictionary those silly single emoticon posts should qualify him as one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

And now he banned me for derailing. To derail is to go off topic, that is the complaints thread. Throughout my stay on that thread all I did was complain about his actions and his behaviour. Again he has applied the lazy method of preventing people questioning him by banning them.

But the most annoying thing is seun probably doesn't care about Alfa Seltzer and Pagan 9ja and other minorities. He visited the complaints thread yesterday, he saw the glaring injustice, but that's probably just how he wants it. He's building a section for closed minded, intolerant, extremely ignorant and orthodox sort of Christians. And as he is an atheist it's the last I would have ever expected of him. But maybe all he really cares about are his money and life.

5 Likes

Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 24, 2013
@Psky,

If Seun was on that thread then I think our 'redemption' is quite close. But if Seun decides to delay a bit longer, I am of the view that we should all put ourselves in his shoes.

Seun is torn between two worlds. Fulfilling the wishes of members and being there for his mods. The relationship he has with his mods for now is not really that fantastic and if he decides to butt in, it may be misread as disrespecting his mods yet again.

I believe your ban was unmerited, if and only if, mynd banned you for the complaints you made against him. I also have an ish with what he tags 'derailing' the complaint thread. In as much as chit-chats should not be encouraged in that thread, I don't believe that the thread is meant solely for complaints.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by texanomaly(f): 9:50am On Dec 24, 2013
psky:

Of course it's not working as planned, that mynd guy is a freaking tyrant. A tyrant who doesn't even know the meaning of the terms he uses. Can you imagine him calling me a troll, a troll for doing nothing but defending Alfa Seltzer and Pagan 9ja and challenging him to defend his actions against them. The glaring hypocrisy was when he hid wiegraf's comment for telling him he was the real troll. In all honesty he is a troll, According to the seventh definition of a troll in the urban dictionary those silly single emoticon posts should qualify him as one.

And now he banned me for derailing. To derail is to go off topic, that is the complaints thread. Throughout my stay on that thread all I did was complain about his actions and his behaviour. Again he has applied the lazy method of preventing people questioning him by banning them.

But the most annoying thing is seun probably doesn't care about Alfa Seltzer and Pagan 9ja and other minorities. He visited the complaints thread yesterday, he saw the glaring injustice, but that's probably just how he wants it. He's building a section for closed minded, intolerant, extremely ignorant and orthodox sort of Christians. And as he is an atheist it's the last I would have ever expected of him. But maybe all he really cares about are his money and life.

Did you really just say the bolded? Seriously?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by psky: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2013
striktlymi: @Psky,

If Seun was on that thread then I think our 'redemption' is quite close. But if Seun decides to delay a bit longer, I am of the view that we should all put ourselves in his shoes.

I don't think he's going to do anything about it. This isn't just about mods vs members, it's about the minorities vs the majority, and seun only cares about the majority. It's been proven by his decision to appoint only Christian mods, what could be a clearer statement than this. A statement that he is only ready to cater for the needs of Christians, others are of no significance to him.

Seun is torn between two worlds. Fulfilling the wishes of members and being there for his mods. The relationship he has with his mods for now is not really that fantastic and if he decides to butt in, it may be misread as disrespecting his mods yet again.

Actually I understand this, and if I were him I wouldn't get involved in these matters at all, instead I'd appoint people to do that, mature and wise members who have no moderating functions. Banned members who want to seek redress could lay their cases before these people, the mods in question would also have to defend their actions before them. These appointed members could then decide who is at fault and what should be done in the matter. This way justice could be served, and disputes might even be resolved, all without seun's involvement.

I believe your ban was unmerited, if and only if, mynd banned you for the complaints you made against him. I also have an ish with what he tags 'derailing' the complaint thread. In as much as chit-chats should not be encouraged in that thread, I don't believe that the thread is meant solely for complaints.

Apart from that there are people who actually derail that thread, infact I can pick people who have done that right this morning. But he won't ban them, neither would their posts be hidden, because they aren't a threat to his position or pride. His hypocrisy amazes me.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2013
psky:

I don't think he's going to do anything about it. This isn't just about mods vs members, it's about the minorities vs the majority, and seun only cares about the majority. It's been proven by his decision to appoint only Christian mods, what could be a clearer statement than this. A statement that he is only ready to cater for the needs of Christians, others are of no significance to him.

Actually I understand this, and if I were him I wouldn't get involved in these matters at all, instead I'd appoint people to do that, mature and wise members who have no moderating functions. Banned members who want to seek redress could lay their cases before these people, the mods in question would also have to defend their actions before them. These appointed members could then decide who is at fault and what should be done in the matter. This way justice could be served, and disputes might even be resolved, all without seun's involvement.

Apart from that there are people who actually derail that thread, infact I can pick people who have done that right this morning. But he won't ban them, neither would their posts be hidden, because they aren't a threat to his position or pride. His hypocrisy amazes me.

Mehn, dude, you dey yarn sha.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by psky: 10:31am On Dec 24, 2013
texanomaly:

Did you really just say the bolded? Seriously?

People have said much worse about Seun, have insulted him like hell. So why should my personal opinion which was not intended to aimlessly insult him but was an honest remark be a problem?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by macof(m): 11:04am On Dec 24, 2013
psky:

That's how mynd works, he bans you for defending the cheated
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 24, 2013
psky:

Your thoughts but I think otherwise. Going with the majority with an eye out for the needs of the minority is not a bad thing.

psky:

I don't agree with the above completely. There should be an official avenue where members can seek redress for any wrong done to them by mods but the case need not be adjudicated by members without mod privileges. The supermods should act in Seun's stead.

psky:

Who are they and what make their posts any different from yours?
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yesterday he was having an argument with me, saying catholics are not worshippers of jesus, etc. ,etc and to call them so would be insulting to them and could call for a ban.

The funny part is when today a catholic comes on the Complaint thread and openly decalres jesus as his god.

When I ask Mynd_44 to explain this, he has no answer and instead hides all the posts.

What an ignorant tyrant.
Re: Please, Seun Give The Religion Section The Mods They Need And Remove Mynd-44 by macof(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
Yesterday he was having an argument with me, saying catholics are not worshippers of jesus, etc. ,etc and to call them so would be insulting to them and could call for a ban.

The funny part is when today a catholic comes on the Complaint thread and openly decalres jesus as his god.

When I ask Mynd_44 to explain this, he has no answer and instead hides all the posts.

What an ignorant tyrant.

Yh my post was hidden too

A Christian post something like "Jesus is the giver of life" and I posted "later mynd would say Christians don't put Jesus in the position of God"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kidnappers, Kidnapped A Man, Collected Ransom Of N2million And Killed Him. / Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! / PHOTOS: See The World’s Most Beautiful First Ladies!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.