Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,268 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. (6131 Views)

6 Types Of People You Meet In Nigerian Banks / 7 Annoying People You Meet At The ATM / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods To Nigeria From Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by fame12k(m): 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2013
anochuks08: Tradevite has its own Integrated payment system. You get to see it as you register. At this tender age, users will fund their tradevite accounts through Direct Bank deposits only, interswitch will be integrated later. You can equally send funds to other users.

Good move, where re u planning to locate your office, and how soon do u think u will kick start your company.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by solbash11(m): 5:08am On Dec 26, 2013
greall1: Online business its risk But it depend on mentod of payment. One of the secure payment in world now is paypal. Only view people using paypal Nigeria.
Have you being frustrated to get things you love online because you do not have a PayPal account or even a credit card? If yes, do not worry. I have helped thousands of people like you since 2011 to make such payment online within 48hrs.
So, if you have any downloadable product from Clickbank, Warrior Forum, Forum Special Offer, Paydotcom, 2Checkout or even Gigs on Fiverr you wanna pay for, I will help you get it.
Also If you have products to be shipped from eBay to Nigeria, do contact us with the URL for special cost of procurement. I have done it severally for people like you.

Enjoy your Holiday!

Solomon B.
solbash1@gmail.com
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 9:21am On Dec 26, 2013
fame12k:

Good move, where re u planning to locate your office, and how soon do u think u will kick start your company.
That has been a really been a big challenge, we are located in the east, Enugu state precisely, we are looking at Upper Chime Avenue, New Heaven, Enugu and Zik Avenue, Uwani, Enugu. God willing, we will be kicking off first two months of 2014.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2013
dav8id: i like ur move
Thanks Dav8id, we promise to do our best to make this project a success.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2013
fame12k:

just checked your website now, no office address, no phone number., no email address. Except for d contact form, which i think is not good enough,

Boss. Longest time, where have you been. This is the boss who helped me through out my first order in June. Boss I am grateful.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by fame12k(m): 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
mayorall:

Boss. Longest time, where have you been. This is the boss who helped me through out my first order in June. Boss I am grateful.

hmmm, I can see u re now an expect in importation, gud to know DAT, I don't know if I still have u on my whatsapp, pls chat me if u still have my number..
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2013
fame12k:

hmmm, I can see u re now an expect in importation, gud to know DAT, I don't know if I still have u on my whatsapp, pls chat me if u still have my number..

Them never born me well make I delete you, mi to be. Sending you message with immediate effect.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by makeupgal: 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
mayorall: Friends how do you sell your goods to people you meet online. Do you know of any firm who can do pay on delivery on your behalf?.

This has been hindering business as a result of lack of escrow platform in the country. People we meet online will not wanna send money to you in Nigeria and you will also will not wanna send your goods without payment.

Imagine when someone I met on nairaland want to get tablet pc from me, he's in the North, South- south or southeast, I ask.

1.Do you have someone in the south-west I can deliver to and the person will send to you?. If yes I take it to the person and I get my money.

2. If the person doesn't have, I will think of someone I know in the state, send it to the person, and the person will send me my money.

But I guess this method is old cargo, do you know of a better option. Share and let's learn. Thanks. [b][/b]
. I would suggest that importers from different states come together (like kobomart did and incorporate tranex delivery method) & be agents who buyers will contact, when buyer & seller have reached an agreement. It is the agent who receives the goods for buyer to pickup. Its a rough idea that needs to be developed tho.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by EnterPRO: 10:07pm On Jan 01, 2014
makeupgal: . I would suggest that importers from different states come together (like kobomart did and incorporate tranex delivery method) & be agents who buyers will contact, when buyer & seller have reached an agreement. It is the agent who receives the goods for buyer to pickup. Its a rough idea that needs to be developed tho.

very nice concept.

what will even be better is if these [indigenous] courier companies go about with POS boxes and accept payment on delivery for those who ship through them.

I know its possible to have an account with dhl for pickups and deliveries. won't be a bad idea if they add cash collection to that.

just thinking out loud.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by mayorall(m): 7:33am On Jan 02, 2014
But they are not willing.

EnterPRO:

very nice concept.

what will even be better is if these [indigenous] courier companies go about with POS boxes and accept payment on delivery for those who ship through them.

I know its possible to have an account with dhl for pickups and deliveries. won't be a bad idea if they add cash collection to that.

just thinking out loud.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by makeupgal: 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2014
yes it is possible to have an a/c with dhl and the likes but it is expensive. I made enquiries about it from fedex but the manager advised me against it (extremely expensive) and they don't offer POD also tried Abex they don't offer POD. As for payment, buyer can pay into seller's bank a/c or buyer shows bank teller to agent or as agreed by both parties. I think if this idea of POD is pitched to local shipping coys ie ABEX, they would see the great potentials.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by EnterPRO: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
makeupgal: yes it is possible to have an a/c with dhl and the likes but it is expensive. I made enquiries about it from fedex but the manager advised me against it (extremely expensive) and they don't offer POD also tried Abex they don't offer POD.

pity.

As for payment, buyer can pay into seller's bank a/c or buyer shows bank teller to agent or as agreed by both parties.

cos of trust issues, most buyers want to pay on delivery nowadays, especially for non digital products.

what makes it worse is that the big names offer this, so buyers have come to know, expect and demand it. even from the mom and pop stores, putting them at a disadvantage.

that's where escrow and cash collection with shipping come into play.

escrow favors the seller. you are more likely to get paid. at least you get a sort of commitment from the buyer before you ship.

pod favors the buyer. they can choose to disappear when the goods arrive or give any other excuse.

the reason escrow isn't catching on even though its available is because buyers have come to know, expect and demand pod.

the logical thing then to do appears to be how to make pod safer for mom and pop stores, or how to get the big players to drop pod for escrow.

I think if this idea of POD is pitched to local shipping coys ie ABEX, they would see the great potentials.

I believe so too.

any of the current payment processors looking for inroads can as well partner with them.

anyone with cash looking for business ideas can as well start such a hybrid company.

mayorall:
But they are not willing.

don't mind them.

I just gave it more thought.

its in fact possible to have such a hybrid system in the short term.

all the courier service has to do is give their valets smart phones and have them crosscheck the transaction id the buyer supplies with the one in their system.

buyers who are satisfied with the products they receive will simply go online or to the nearest ATM or mobile money terminal and pay the invoice for the product.

they get a transaction id which they give the valet to cross check with the copy the payment processor sent to their portal.

no match, no delivery. once you abuse the system 3 times , you get blacklisted. no more pod for you on that platform.

this way, it makes sense for everyone to use a common platform so defaulters can be tracked.

won't take much for anyone to create such an app.

Interswitch, take note.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by makeupgal: 12:30am On Jan 03, 2014
I think some nairalanders can come together and offer this untapped service after all kobomart, shipping services & others sprung from diyig thread and hundreds of nairalanders use these services. Hopefully when payment processors realise that this niche is worth millions of naira they will offer the service. just my thougts
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2014
makeupgal: I think some nairalanders can come together and offer this untapped service after all kobomart, shipping services & others sprung from diyig thread and hundreds of nairalanders use these services. Hopefully when payment processors realise that this niche is worth millions of naira they will offer the service. just my thougts
we have been working on that system for long, trust me, its not an easy task as you think. You can visit tradevite at my signature and let us have your inputs.

Regards

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by kedukc(m): 11:15am On Jan 03, 2014
fame12k:

just checked your website now, no office address, no phone number., no email address. Except for d contact form, which i think is not good enough,

Your input is appreciated. There is no excuse for not having any of that in place. However, I have borne the entire project on my own and presently short of cash for establishing a physical presence, among other things.

Due to this fact and current scouting for new investment, I have decided to suspend all marketing activities in the meantime even though the site is fully functional.

Let me now use this medium to openly urge interested businessmen who know the value of naijadealer.com to lend their noble support to the project.

I have a very free mind and a somewhat busy schedule, so if a willing and capable kid is ready to run with the dream, I would gladly relinquish exclusive rights to him/her.

Thank You.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 7:33am On Jan 05, 2014
Tradevite will launch soon to serve Nigeria and Africa in general. Join us on Facebook/Twitter, facebook.com/tradevite, twitter.com/tradevite

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by anochuks08(m): 9:05am On Jan 06, 2014
Escrow and E-Payments just got better. Secure your deals online and equally meet new exciting deals. Visit tradevite for more

1 Like

Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by adeptniyi(m): 1:29am On Feb 14, 2015
This is not a big problem.
Since you will be sending the goods through NIPOST ,ems speed post, ABC express then for the receiver to get the goods let them make payment before you issue out to them the waybill or tracking number. you can liaise with ABC to check for original teller stamped by the bank or you authorising them to give out the package once you receive a bank alert. Trust issue: for customers to believe that there goods is already available for pick up just for them to make payment and get their package. you can ask them to be at the post office or pick up office ask them to give their name to the operative and may be 3 digits or letters on the tracking number, something like this -did I receive any message from Mayorall goods enterprises at Lagos on soap date this is my ID , I wanted to be sure before I make payment to their bank account. they will check their record and ask him for the teller and I'd card. you can also call the shipper ABC express as soon as you get the alert that the goods be dispatched to the owner.
Also you will have a secretly generated code apart from the one from the shipper that you will give to your customers after payment affirmed may be through SMS and you also communicate it it to the shipper once it corresponds it means payment has been made. for this it might be impossible to get nipost into this, but you can easily get trannex, Abc express etc in this.

I have other 2 proven ways but stressed typing a lot.
Re: How Do You Sell Goods To People You Meet Online. by Jaxx123: 3:04pm On May 13, 2021
YOU WANT CONTINOUS SALE AND PASSIVE INCOME OVER THAT YOUR BUSINESS? PLEASE BUILD GOOD LEAD LIST

To be candid, I never thought u were legit cos of scammers everywhere

The above statement is what I received this morning from one of my subscriber from marketing funnel list.

Hey, can you help me promote this cream I made it my self? she asked

Yes of course, we can help you automate it using online digital lead.

We set up the funnel and the whole process, boom! after few days’ success she desire keep coming.

Let me tell you this if u have any business you are running.

If u place ad or Facebook, Google ad or any platform and all you are doing is directing visitor to your landing page .

You are missing enough!!!

Let me tell you.

IMAGING, over 1,000 people visited your website and they all left within 20 seconds without buying or take any good action.
Do you know, it is not good enough?

READ THIS They don’t buy your offer did not mean they don’t need your offer.

-They don't buy because
-They are not convince enough
-They don't have your fee

-They don't trust you and your offer as well.

THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED THIS DIGITAL MAGIC CALLED LEAD MAGENTIC PAGE SET UP

If you build good lead magnetic capture page in the beginning, those 1000 visitor are already yours automatically.

THIS IS THE MOST SIMPLE FUNNEL TO USE AND FOLLOW

AD+LEAP CAPTURE PAGE+SALE PAGE=LIST
AD+LEAP CAPTURE PAGE+SALE PAGE+EMAIL SWIPE=SUCCESS

It mean you can automated following up those 1,000 people with your email or Whatsapp swipe even when you are not there for 5,7,10days

DON’T JUST SET UP EMAIL LEAD BUT ALSO WHATSAPP LEAD AS WELL.

This is one of the winning funnel till day that convert well.

Don’t ignore the process

Because the outcome is awesome.

No Product Is Old but Our Marketing Style Does

For any business marketing boosting and promotion guide

WEBHOUSE LAB
HOLLA ME ON
Webhousemax2020@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ecobank Nigeria To Establish 50,000 Xpress Points In 2019 – MD / How To Own A Verified & Functional Paypal Account As A Nigerian / GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.