Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso (15767 Views)

Ayade Begging To Join APC — Chieftain / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President / Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2013
Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso

December 23, 2013

Kano state governor, Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, who ordered the removal of PDP flag from the Government House in Kano the one on his car and that of his office table has also directed his commissioners to decamp to the APC or resign.

Addressing five delegates each from the 44 local governments of the state, the governor, who lifted an APC flag before the meeting, said: “I have left that party from today. Those of you that want to join APC should follow me, but if you want to remain in PDP you are free to resign.”
Kwankwaso added that before five of the PDP governors joined APC they made it clear to the president that if he did not settle the crisis in the party then he should start preparing to leave Aso Rock.

Kwankwaso said people should ignore Jega. “In 2015 there must election in Adamawa Borno and Yobe states, national and house of assembly members from PDP that defected to APC must retain their seats as PDP is even more guilty in this case” he said.
Also this Monday, members of the state House of Assembly will defect to the APC while the speaker, Alhaji Gambo Sallau, who is reportedly planning to remain in PDP may be impeached soon to pave way for a new speaker from APC.

Similarly, the state governor who signed anti-begging law has directed KAROTA and Hisbah Command to start arresting beggars throughout the state, while those not from Kano will be transported to their states.
As part of efforts to reconcile Kwankwaso and former Governor Ibrahim Shekarau, our correspondent gathered that Kwankwaso was asked to choose between being APC north-west zonal leader, to be Abuja minister if APC wins or to be on standby for presidency if Buhari will not contest.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by homeboy205: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
i'll leave

####I HAVE BEEN FTC ON FP LATELY, MESSAGE ME FOR THE SECRETS tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
So what happens to commissioners who are unaffiliated to either party?

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Adex097: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Izit by force??!! angry

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
Adex097: Izit by force??!! angry

It appears so.
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by WHees(m): 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
I like the anti begging law.

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by PointB: 1:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
He can sack them. Must he threaten them?

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yes....they should leave if they prefer to remain in PDP and acting as a mole for PDP in the state exco meetings
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
eGuerrilla: So what happens to commissioners who are unaffiliated to either party?
Jonathan also did the same thing to ministers who were loyal to leaders of the opposition party and his political enemies. Kwakwanso is doing exactly what Jonathan did. The governor is even lenient enough to give them notice by telling them to resign instead of sacking them.

9 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by ignis: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigeria politics is becoming interesting now...
We are gradually heading to the two party system....

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by skyfall: 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2013
Since he appointed the commissioners, he's on course. The only people he can't compel are elected officials.
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 23, 2013
Some thing strange is gonno happen in dis country, now I believe Pro Wole soinka... But my question is dis..Now dat APC has gotten a good strategy so to say,of wooing and forcing pple to join them, Gunmen and bombing insurgence has drasstically reduced in own daily news. Is anybody seeing wot am saw? Anyway I dey 0bserve sha

19 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
berem: Jonathan also did the same thing to ministers who were loyal to leaders of the opposition party and his political enemies. Kwakwanso is doing exactly what Jonathan did. The governor is even lenient enough to give them notice by telling them to resign instead of sacking them.

I know Jonathan also did the same thing.
My question was more about those who are not card carrying members of either party. Not every technocrat is a party affiliate, you know.
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I know Jonathan also did the same thing.
My question was more about those who are not card carrying members of either party. Not every technocrat is a party affiliate, you know.

am yet to see an appointed technocrat who's not a member of any political party in Nigeria. Do you know of anyone who's not a member of any political party?
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by mayorall(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
nwajoshua: Some thing strange is gonno happen in dis country, now I believe Pro Wole soinka... But my question is dis..Now dat APC has gotten a good strategy so to say,of wooing and forcing pple to join them, Gunmen and bombing insurgence has drasstically reduced in own daily news. Is anybody seeing wot am saw? Anyway I dey 0bserve sha

I saw what you are sawing. Try to work a little bit harder on your English speaking skill before you accuse APC of being Boko-haram's back bone. Thanks me later.

3 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2013
The ARROGANCE with which some of these northern leaders speak says alot. An arrogance born out of born-to-rule mentality. In the thinking of the likes of Kwankwaso, other parts of the country are populated by lesser humans or people of little or no political value.

15 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The ARROGANCE with which some of these northern leaders speak says alot. An arrogance born out of born-to-rule mentality. In the thinking of the likes of Kwankwaso, other parts of the country are populated by lesser humans or people of little or no political value.

How is this you comment related to the governor asking for total loyalty from members of his cabinet?

13 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
berem: am yet to see an appointed technocrat who's not a member of any political party in Nigeria. Do you know of anyone who's not a member of any political party?

Why do you think Tukur adopted the position indicated below, earlier this year, if there was no room for unaffiliated technocrats hitherto?

Ministerial appointment: Tukur’s red card for technocrats

Apr 15, 2013

The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur recently canvassed that only card-carrying members of the party will be cleared for ministerial appointments. OBIORA IFOH takes a look at the scenario where governance is left in the hands of only professional politicians while technocrats are left out.

After elections come the time for booty sharing. In Nigeria, the struggle for power heightens even more when ministerial appointments are imminent. It is usually a time when the politics of prependalism is usually put to play; when the President dangles the carrot to the faithful; when loyalty are often rewarded.

In Nigeria’s political clime, the ruling political party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) since 1999 has been saddled with the responsibility of making appointments into key offices such as the ministries, parastatals and agencies boards. There are numerous of such appointments on the offer but it has also been noted that the beneficiaries of such appointments are mainly politicians from the ruling party, relatives and friends of power brokers as well as a group of intellectuals usually referred to as technocrats.

Read more
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Coolboi05(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2013
ilugunboy:

How is this you comment related to the governor asking for total loyalty from members of his cabinet?
help me ask am o...d gov ecn gave dem chance to mek dia choice
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The ARROGANCE with which some of these northern leaders speak says alot. An arrogance born out of born-to-rule mentality. In the thinking of the likes of Kwankwaso, other parts of the country are populated by lesser humans or people of little or no political value.
what are you blabbing you hypocrite? GEJ also did the same. He sacked some ministers without giving them notice because of the same reasons. Its either they join APC or get lost. That's the game. Saboteurs will not be welcomed at all! angry

7 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Femolacaster(m): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2013
berem: what are you blabbing you hypocrite? GEJ also did the same. He sacked some ministers without giving them notice because of the same reasons. Its either they join APC or get lost. That's the game. Saboteurs will not be welcomed at all! angry
Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by moscobabs(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
leave NEPA and join PHCN..irukiru obe iwo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by john6006: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Nigerians with do or die Mentality.
I Pity 2015.
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Na war!
APC is stiffning the neck of PDP each day.
2015 eh!
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by 4reigningqueen: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
Its getting pretty nasty and dirty.
Bunch of idiots we call leaders this days.

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2013
u ain't making sense

1 Like

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Why do you think Tukur adopted the position indicated below, earlier this year, if there was not room for unaffiliated technocrats hitherto?

Read more
that will be too bad if the so called technocrats are left out in ministerial duties and people who are PDP members are made ministers. This is why things can never go right in this country. angry
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by dridowu: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2013
eGuerrilla: So what happens to commissioners who are unaffiliated to either party?
IMHO i dont any political holder is not affliated to any party, a political officer will surely be affliated to parties. The question should have been their level of participation in the party?
@topic, the gov did the right thing cos u have to be in same party with d gov and achieve both the gov and party objective
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by IamDebola: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Lol..
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2013
Obiagelli:
u ain't making sense

He never do..!
Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Orikinla(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013
Yes.

It is either you are for me or against me.

Re: Join APC Or Leave My Cabinet – Kwankwaso by Dygeasy(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Photos Of Rochas Okorocha's N1billion Mansion That Got Buhari Talking / APC Mocks Jandor Over Frosty Relationship With PDP Governors, Party Elders / Ibadan North-East L.G.A APC Solidarity Rally (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.