Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,368 members, 7,812,058 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service (1649 Views)

You Are Hurting Our Business Interests, US Tells Nigeria / Watch Remi Tinubu Harass Obanikoro On The Floors Of The Senate Chamber / Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by donodion(m): 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
By Emma Emeozor

The harassment of Ghanaians by officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service at the country’s border posts has become a major concern to the Ghanaian community in Nigeria.
In a chat with Daily Sun on the sideline of the 2013 celebration of the National Association of Ghanaian Communities in Nigeria (NAGHACON) held in Lagos, the association’s president, Mr Frank Ekow Quaye expressed worry over the poor treatment innocent Ghanaians receive from junior officers of the Nigeria Immigration Service even as they possess genuine travel documents.
Quaye alleged cases of extortion and harassment of his kinsmen. He was particular about junior officers. “Generally, the Nigeria Immigration Service has been very friendly with the Ghanaians. The relationship has remained cordial.
“But we are worried that some junior officers posted to the border have adopted various tactics to extort and harass Ghanaians. Those involved in this act have just refused to emulate their senior officers who have always demonstrated maturity and professionalism.”
He appealed to all cadres of officers of the Nigeria Immigration Service to treat Ghanaians as their brothers, stressing that the Ghanaian communities in Nigeria remain a major stakeholder in the Nigerian project. “ Nigeria has become our second home and we are ever willing to contribute our quota to the building of a progressive Nigeria and therefore we deserve to be accorded good treatment be it at the border or any part of Nigeria,” he said.
Quaye told Daily Sun that at no time will his organization condone acts of criminality by Ghanaians resident in the country and would always cooperate with relevant authorities.
The highlight of the event was the launching of the association’s 2014 Calendar by the Chairman of the occasion and President of Lagos Chamber of Commerce, Mr Goodie Ibru, represented by his Public Affairs Adviser, Mr Charles C. Inomah.
Earlier, Quaye had, in his address, called for unity and peace among his kinsmen.
“We are perceived by our governments and people as one indivisible nation without any colouration,” he told them.
He noted that in spite of the challenges facing Ghanaians resident in Nigeria, they have continued to forge ahead.
“In spite of the challenges which confront us, it is still in order to pat our backs and say ‘Yes’ Ghanaians in Nigeria have been largely law abiding and have been able to integrate themselves into the socio-cultural milieu of our host nation.”
Paying tributes to the government and people of Nigeria, Quaye said, “Today, many of us are married to Nigerians, speak like Nigerians and dress like Nigerians, because of the excellent rapport and love our very hospitable Nigerian brothers and sisters have bestowed on us.”
The president used the occasion to correct what he described as wrong impression about the association. “…NAGHACON was created as a free born for all Ghanaians irrespective of social standing or status. Therefore, the conception in some quarters among Ghanaians that the association is for downtrodden Ghanaians is gross fallacy.”
In his comment, the Consul-General of Ghana in Lagos, Alhaji Amadu Abukari told members of the association that the ability of the Consulate to cater for their interest depend to a large extent on the “cooperation each and every one us here gathered.”
He appealed to them to be law-abiding, noting that in recent times, there have been increasing incidences of human trafficking of young Ghanaians into Nigeria.

Source http://sunnewsonline.com/new/politics/dont-harass-ghanaians-naghacon-tells-nigeria-immigration-service/

Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by donodion(m): 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Now you guys bashing ghana have heard it...if anyone bashes ghanaians on nairaland again....i go report una grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2013
burnt offerings have a community in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Jiggaman101: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2013
And they say Ghanaians hate them. If it was Ghana that did these things, it would have been on every nigerian website and the massacre will initiate.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by c0llynz02: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
He should be happy they aren't being flushed out.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by masseratti: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
Seriously?please ghanians report any Nigerian immigration officer that mess up on this forum,with evidence oooo,we will surely deal with that black sheep,we love our Ghanian bro and sisters,

Btw please don't take it personal,they do worse to Nigerians even,we will get there someday,we will make Nigeria better one way or the other.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by NosoChic: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2013
They act the same way if not worse to Nigerians sef.......Make una no vex
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2013
Next!! angry

As if Ghanaians ain't guilty of same crime
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Brimmie(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2013
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by htconeline: 12:22am On Dec 24, 2013
wetin be gayna biz for naija.....
Oooh i forget hoarding Alomo bitter.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Jiggaman101: 1:17am On Dec 24, 2013
c0llynz02: He should be happy they aren't being flushed out.

Flushed out, for what reason? That's the difference between us. If it was Ghanaians that did this, the whole world would hear about it.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Theben(m): 5:43am On Dec 24, 2013
Why must there be fight whenever a Ghanaian topic is created? And sincerely, it is difficult to identify Ghanaians in Nigeria. They all look like us. So, I won't agree to the fact that they are being harassed.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by greatgod2012(f): 6:15am On Dec 24, 2013
The problem is that, many people are born to be insultive, take this forum as example, don't Nigerians insult fellow Nigeians here? How can you now tell such people not to insult people from other countries, but sha, it is a bad attitude to be insultive whether to ourselves or to foreigners. I pray those who are doing it have a change of heart. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by decasey(m): 6:44am On Dec 24, 2013
greatgod2012: The problem is that, many people are born to be insultive, take this forum as example, don't Nigerians insult fellow Nigeians here? How can you now tell such people not to insult people from other countries, but sha, it is a bad attitude to be insultive whether to ourselves or to foreigners. I pray those who are doing it have a change of heart. Amen.
only a nigeria can insult a nigeria!.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Afam4eva(m): 7:44am On Dec 24, 2013
Ghanians are not singled out. It's just the corrupt nature of those officials and it's not only Ghanians that they do it to. Even Nigerians are not spared.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by greatgod2012(f): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2013
decasey: only a nigeria can insult a nigeria!.

My dear brother, if you don't understand what I mean with my previous post on this thread, ask other posters to break it down for you.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 24, 2013
ghanaians I know in my area are all shoe makers, if immigration keep on disturbing them who will shine my shoes for work. Cos I can't bend down to shine it my self. Some one said dey look like us. Yeah right, the one wey full my street be like people wey catch fire.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Olugbenger(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2013
googlepikin: ghanaians I know in my area are all shoe makers, if immigration keep on disturbing them who will shine my shoes for work. Cos I can't bend down to shine it my self. Some one said dey look like us. Yeah right, the one wey full my street be like people wey catch fire.

They would come for you soon. . .

grin grin grin
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by rej00: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
googlepikin: ghanaians I know in my area are all shoe makers, if immigration keep on disturbing them who will shine my shoes for work. Cos I can't bend down to shine it my self. Some one said dey look like us. Yeah right, the one wey full my street be like people wey catch fire.

hahahahahaha........ O boy this guy get bad mouth.. Damn! Vry funny. My mind run to home alone by this ur comment
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by rej00: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2013

hahahahahaha........ O boy this guy get bad mouth.. Damn! Vry funny. My mind run to "home alone" by this ur comment
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Agunnewi: 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2013

See your mouth like "I can't even bend down to shine your shoes". You pregnant ni or you get beer belly? undecided cheesy tongue
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by PetroDolla2: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
donodion: Now you guys bashing ghana have heard it...if anyone bashes ghanaians on nairaland again....i go report una grin grin grin grin grin grin
thanks, but no thanks. Ghanaians on nairaland are capable of defending themselves and their country, provided the MODs remain neutral
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by PetroDolla2: 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
but come oooooh how come most of the coconut sellers in Accra these days are nigerians, precisely from the southeast? I always buy from them sha. I shouldn't even talk about those pr0stuttes hanging every street corner
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2013
One ghanaian in my street deserve deportation, the guy black like person wey devil spit for him face.
Re: Don’t Harass Ghanaians, NAGHACON Tells Nigeria Immigration Service by SantaMafia: 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2013
googlepikin: One ghanaian in my street deserve deportation,the guy black like person wey devil spit for him face.
holy cow! Ghanaians still live in that scum sh1thole?they better come home.insane!d mumus r fleeing to Ghana! SMH!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N'delta Army Will Help Boko Haram Finish Nigeria / For Those Who Think Europeans Are Your Friends / BREAKING NEWS: IGP Orders For Tambuwal's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.