Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife (16714 Views)

Ambode With Aregbesola & Wife At HID Awolowo Commendation Service / Nigeria At 55 : The Most Stylish First Ladies Naija Ever Had / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by DonColz1(m): 12:23am On Dec 24, 2013
Wife of Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola, Sherifat, on Monday described all first ladies in Nigeria as ‘executive prisoners.’
The first ladies comprised of the wife of the President and wives of the state governors.
Mrs. Aregbesola, who spoke in an interview with journalists before the end of the year party she organised for children in Osogbo, said contrary to the belief that first ladies were enjoying, she said that governors’ wives had no freedom to live the way they liked.
She said that herself and her colleagues were involved in some projects in order not to be useless throughout their stay at the various Government Houses.
She said, “All first ladies are executive prisoners. They are all here now (referring to security aides) and I can’t go to anywhere without them following me.
“Who among the First Ladies is free? Who among First Ladies can go anywhere they like? All the First Ladies are executive prisoners. We can only dress like this and smile to the cameras but we are executive prisoners.”
Wife of Enugu State Governor Sullivan Chime, Clara, recently cried out that she had been detained in the Government House, where she allegedly suffered depression. She has however been set free by her husband and has left the Government House.
Mrs. Aregbesola said that her husband was a very simple and caring man whom she would want to marry again.
He debunked the speculations that the governor was a religious fanatic, saying that her husband allowed children living under his roof to practice Christianity despite that he was a Muslim.
She said, “My husband is a very simple man. He is a very nice man and I wonder where those behind the rumour get their information from. I have lived with him for more than 30 years. I know him very well. He is very simple and kind. He is very passionate about the development of the state. He works so hard to ensure that things are working well.
“My husband allows everybody to practise their religions. His immediate younger sister is a Christian. Two of her children are living with us now and they go to church. I encourage them to go to church on Sunday.
“His younger brother, Rafiu, is a Christian; I mean he is a deacon. There are Ladi and Sikira who are Christians. The rumour about him being a fanatic is all about politics.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/first-ladies-are-executive-prisoners-aregbesolas-wife/

3 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 24, 2013
The Jesus of Bipi will beg to differ.

4 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Danhumprey: 5:09am On Dec 24, 2013
Mtcheeeeewwwww undecided
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Ikengawo: 5:55am On Dec 24, 2013

5 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by tpia5: 6:48am On Dec 24, 2013
Are you trying to say you feel she's mixed?

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by tpia5: 6:51am On Dec 24, 2013
Topic

Interesting, most people do not know the governor has any type of interaction with christians.

Now who are the folks going round interviewing people's wives all of a sudden?

Are they nlers?
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 24, 2013
Clara Chime could not live this type of life. She is used to freedom that entails wild nights, frantic tumbles and shy good-byes in the morning.

A first lady ought to be a role model to virtous young women that want to make positive contribution to the society. She should reflect responsibility and other demands of the high office her husband occupies.

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Temismith(f): 8:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Na where dis woman commot from
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by pesty100(m): 8:40am On Dec 24, 2013
Temismith: Na where dis woman commot from
you have just been roaming around the politic section posting carp

4 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Brimmie(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2013
*in Tinubu's voice**
Sherry-Sherry.. Iyawo Rough e! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by dridowu: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2013
I concur with her

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Temismith(f): 11:38am On Dec 24, 2013
pesty100: you have just been roaming around the politic section posting carp
na me u find come here abi? Get thee behind me!!!

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ok o,I don hear,na me say make u be first lady

2 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Hackerjay(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2013
No be small tin ooo
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Afam4eva(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
tpacalipse: The Jesus of Bipi will beg to differ.
grin grin grin
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by IAMBREEZY: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ok
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by iphoneloaded(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2013
Shut up eran! U would love to marry him again,how about if he come as a wheel barrow pusher in d nxt world?

8 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by homesteady(m): 12:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
tpia@:
Topic

Interesting, most people do not know the governor has any type of interaction with christians.

Now who are the folks going round interviewing people's wives all of a sudden?

Are they nlers?
??

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by misterh(m): 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2013
adextaiwo84: Shut up eran! U would love to marry him again,how about if he come as a wheel barrow pusher in d nxt world?
What's with the insult nw? *sighs*

1 Like

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by freecocoa(f): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2013
And what's her point exactly? that she'd rather sit at home and gossip than engage in projects, that line actually sounded like she's doing the project just for face not because she wants to.

And how is clara's case the same with that of other first ladies or is she saying all first ladies suffer domestic abuse?

2 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by martyns303(m): 12:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
tpacalipse: The Jesus of Bipi will beg to differ.
Guy u no well o
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
adextaiwo84: Shut up eran! U would love to marry him again,how about if he come as a wheel barrow pusher in d nxt world?

3 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by MagicBishop: 12:37pm On Dec 24, 2013
The Odenni Rauf's better half tongue
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Goddex: 12:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
[size=16pt]Madam, shut up and go enjoy Osun state treasury with your husband. Aregberascal is an Islamic bigot and we all know it. By the way, does he really have mental problems as widely speculated?[/size]

4 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by MagicBishop: 12:41pm On Dec 24, 2013
Goddex: [size=16pt]Madam, go enjoy Osun state treasury with your husband. Aregberascal is an Islamic bigot and we all know it. By the way, does he really have mental problems as widely speculated?[/size]

Odenni Rauf was Theifnibu's soothsayer who mixed ancient paganistic Islamic rites with Ifa practices.

The man is evil

4 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by jamael(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
Yeah why not divorce him to be free.
Executive. PRISONER

Ezeketive PRISONER

Executhief PRISONER

all the same.
or all is the same

5 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by sylve11: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
freecocoa: And what's her point exactly? that she'd rather sit at home and gossip than engage in projects, that line actually sounded like she's doing the project just for face not because she wants to.

And how is clara's case the same with that of other first ladies or is she saying all first ladies suffer domestic abuse?

if u have been there u'd know. cool
Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by Wislet(f): 12:54pm On Dec 24, 2013
WHEN YOU OBSERVE HOW PEOPLE POST ON NAIRALAND, YOU WILL REALISE THAT 'COMMON SENSE' IS NOT SO COMMON.

9 Likes

Re: First Ladies Are ‘Executive Prisoners’ – Aregbesola’s wife by MagicBishop: 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ikengawo: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1480985_Sherifat-Aregbesola-360x365_jpg2c2480bdabbdd512e7b751dcb5eb725a[/img]

she looks like Cuba Gooding

That is one ugly biatch but she still fine pass that ram wey she marry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

mODIFIED / Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Nwanta Anayoeze Joins Race For House Of Representatives, Picks Form (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.