Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,868 members, 7,824,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee (16564 Views)

$470m CCTV Contract: Reps Find Only 40 Cameras Working, Order Probe / Alleged N1trn Failed Rail Contracts: Amaechi, Adeosun, Others Shun Reps C’ttee / Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by catchfun: 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
An House of Representatives Adhoc Committee has revealed that the country has been short-changed in the execution of the $470 million contract for the installation of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras in Abuja and Lagos awarded to the ZTE Corporation of China by the immediate past administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan.
Ahead of a public hearing organised by the committee investigating the projects slated for today, the panel noted that the naira equivalent of the money paid to the contractor was “over a trillion naira,” thereby calling for public support for a hitch-free investigation.
In a press statement issued yesterday and signed by the committee chairman, Hon. Ahmed Yerima, it recalled how the 7th House of Reps conducted a similar prob ein the past, adding that “forces” did not allow the report to see the light of day.
ZTE Corporation was said to have abandoned the projects after collecting an upfront payment of $100m, explaining that the amount collected represents about 20 per cent of this year’s N6.08trn budget of the country.
The committee added that the non-completion of the projects has also hampered the capacity of security agencies to gather intelligence on the activities of criminal elements in the country.
“The contract for the installation of CCT cameras in Abuja and Lagos by the ministry of police affairs, is part of a larger project titled, ‘Nigerian National Public Security Communications System, facilitated by an EXIM Bank of China loan.

“The CCTV camera installations is only an integral part of the entire project, which include the installation of 2,000 digital solar-powered cameras, 1,000 each for Abuja and Lagos; 37 switch rooms, microwave backbone; 37 coalition emergency response systems; 38 video conference sub-systems; 37 e-police systems; six emergency communication vehicles; and 1.5million phone lines for subscribers to generate revenue,” the statement said.

LEADERSHIP recalls that the committee has already summoned top government officials and other stakeholders to shed light on the matter, including the national security adviser (NSA) General Babagana Monguno (rtd), minister of finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun and governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Godwin Emefiele.

Others invited are Inspector-General of Police Solomon Arase, Lagos State governor Akinwunmi Ambode, FCT minister Mohammed Musa Bello, minister of interior General Abdulrahman Dambazzau (rtd), minister of communications Adebayo Shittu and executive vice chairman of the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) Garba Dambatta, among several others.
Meanwhile, the committee has assured Nigerians that the investigation would not be about ego or party affiliation but the general good of Nigerians

http://www.leadership.ng/news/495046/nigeria-ripped-off-470m-cctv-project-reps-cttee.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by emamos: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
It is well

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by ddippset(m): 2:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
Between 2010 and 2015, did we have a president or a local government chairman?

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by arresa: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
GEJ supervised and facilitated corruption across the board.....smh..

50 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Adminisher: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
Jonathan, Jonathan, Jonathan, how many times did I call you.?...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Goke7: 2:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
emamos:
It is well

my brother even in the well, it is well

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by emamos: 2:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
ddippset:
both but the former was inexpirience....Ibb
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by emamos: 2:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lol
Goke7:

my brother even in the well, it is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by ddippset(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2016
emamos:
both but the former was inexpirience....Ibb
Did you read the story at all? How can China come and defraud us? How many scandals are we going to disco ver? Don't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to discover that you are one of the people the past administration monetized to Japan.

18 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by dayomike(m): 2:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
PGEJ has every answer to that project.

7 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by emamos: 2:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
ddippset:
Did you read the story at all? How can China come and defraud us? How many scandals are we going to disco ver? Don't be surprised to wake up tomorrow to discover that you are one of the people the past administration monetized to Japan.
it is well bro

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by weblogo: 4:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
I converted it to about , 140million shocked
Metuh stole 2.1billion

4 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by cutetopsey(f): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
OMG! shocked

Not again! This is getting too much na.... Why are these polithievians mismanaging our resources?

Where is this country going to? When is this country going to get it right?

I believe one day we will definitely get it right!

God bless PMB!
God bless Nigeria!
God bless republic of Africa!

BTW, check my signature for live testimonies on how to get rid excess ugly fats

15 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by allanphash7(m): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
Are this money real ?

I begin to ask myself this question

Nigeria is dead

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Ameanux(m): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Oildichotomy(m): 4:14pm On Jan 26, 2016
ok
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Sunnycliff(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
God.....#uncontrollable tears

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by telim: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bros jonah, thank you very much for sharing our collective wealth to few of your paddy's, but remember its pay back time. You and your cohorts will be probed and definately vomit all of our stolen wealth. Shege Dan banza Kawai. Mr ba takalmi

18 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by oduastates: 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
ddippset:
No, we had an inebriated clown as president and a clueless apprentice clerk as minster of the economy .

20 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by kekakuz(m): 4:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Sunnycliff:
God.....#uncontrollable tears
My father....... # crying withuncontrollable cattarh from nose

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by anonimi: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
Where were these holy representaTHIEVES all this while?
I forgot that they were busy fighting over juicy committee positions and their ILLEGITIMATE salaries and allowances.
Meanwhile their mumu constituents were all screaming president this, president that like depraved beings. angry shocked

Monimatic:
Two members of the House of Representatives, Hon. Herman Hembe and Hon. Aliyu Sani Madaki, on Tuesday exchanged slaps over the issue of juicy committees.

The Reps, both of who are members of the All Progressives Congress, slapped themselves in the White House within the National Assembly.
The altercation occurred before the day’s sitting began.

It took the intervention of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yusuf Lasun, to separate Hembe (APC-Benue) and Madaki (APC-Kano).

There had been altercations over the allocation of chairmanship of House Committees by the Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.
There were allegations of favouritism in the allocation of the headship of the committees.
Hembe emerged as the chairman of the Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, which is considered as a Grade A committee and by extension juicy.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3058563_43264985cfbd2785623f32ea0a3de42a07c12_jpeg8e185e609d22ddaedfef7cec1daf0380

From: http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-reps-exchange-slaps-over-juicy-committee/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by dytbabe: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
Deep sigh
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by holllandis: 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
Useless country whose people vandalised the installations
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by allanphash7(m): 4:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
weblogo:
I converted it to about , 140million shocked
Metuh stole 2.1billion
they have finished this country
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by RichYoungNigga: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
If you believe this shiit, you will also believe the kidnap of Chibok girls

2 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by veraponpo(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
When you think you have heard the worst, they will just dig out another one.

With all these revelations and expositions, I have not seen what Jonathan did that was void of wastefulness and misappropriation.

Thank God for change of power. I believe PDP people are learning now, if for whatever reason they come back to power, they should learn how to do things well without sharing the money.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by kulobyno: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ok
Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Bitterleafsoup: 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2016
According to this new administration so far they have uncovered trillions or is it zillions of dollars stolen from GEJ?
I never hear word from those Governors of Lagos and Abuja this project was in 2011 and Fashola never raise alarm?
1 year passing and all we get is probing and release probing and release they have turned from masturbator to ejectulator.
They are jacking Nigerians big time! APC GET TO WORK!

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by olafum1(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
I can only see a country of few individuals, i.e. the political elites only.

Those who should have wrestled free from their hand are busy fighting each other online on tribal basis.

May we all receive sense.

5 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by feedthenation(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
The Chinese company wouldn't have done it without the expert knowledge of corrupt Nigerians.
If an ivestigation is carried out, we won't be suprised if known 'yam-eaters' are part of the scam.

6 Likes

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by piagetskinner(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
hmm we are being ripped off by big thieves, very big thieves...... And super big thieves

I hope there would still be a country in years to come

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Was Ripped-off In $470m CCTV Project – Reps C’ttee by Oildichotomy(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Meanwhile, the committee has assured Nigerians that the investigation would not be about ego or party affiliation but the general good of Nigerians

IF i can take this reassurance to the bank, Then it is OK Kontinue!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMF Downgrades Nigeria’s Economic Growth / Boko Haram Kill 44 In Borno / Lai Mohammed Led A Campaign Train To The Family Of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.