Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? (3193 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts / “Nigeria Will Cease To Exist By December 2015″ – Biafra Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by duni04(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2013
carsprayer: where is the lagos light rail project ,lekki international airport and seaport fashole promised u guys?
grin
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
Obiagelli:
I am surprised you didn't discuss the topic or not surprised I should say. Or are the megawatts stuck in enugu? Oh I forgot saboteurs.
It is perfectly in order. The bottomline on this thread is about targets that were missed or unmet. The Lagos light rail project falls into this category. Someone had earlier asked about the promised 4th Mainland Bridge. Why is APC failing to deliver on its promises in its little areas of control? So bring it on.

3 Likes

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is perfectly in order. The bottomline on this thread is about targets that were missed or unmet. The Lagos light rail project falls into this category. Someone had earlier asked about the promised 4th Mainland Bridge. Why is APC failing to deliver on its promises in its little areas of control? So bring it on.
the thread is clearly asking about 10000 megawatts, i was hoping for some insider gist or explanations from you.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
^ The thread is about a target that was not met just like the Lagos light rail project and other unending projects in Tinubu controlled states.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by najoke: 6:06pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ^ The thread is about a target that was not met just like the Lagos light rail project and other unending projects in Tinubu controlled states.

I am happy u r brillant enuff to knw the topic of the thread but I am dissapointed that u too dull to ans the question in any of the comments u have posted so far.......bros why u dey fall my hand now.
Its a simple question,u r always quick to list GEJ achievement ,u shld be the 1st person to ans this question with FACTS instead of embarrassing urself up and down.
If u or ur can ans the question then bugoff.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by IdomaLikita: 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
On a more serious Note, Where is it? angryOn a more serious Note, Where is it?
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by IdomaLikita: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
On a more serious Note, Where is it? angry
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by jmaine: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
Guess there is a raging battle here grin
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by 24in7: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2013
sincerenigerian: We have been promised uninterrupted power supply by December 2013. Has that promise been fulfilled? There was promise to generate 5000MW by December 2012 but it never happened. There was also the promise to generate 6000MW by June 2013 but never happened.

All we have been hearing is complain about witches and wizards attacking gas pipelines. The Jonathanians also told us certain people have been stealing gas from gas pipelines across the country. How is that possible? Do they think we are as clueless as they are? Is the president not the chief security officer of the country? I thought it is the president's duty to protect lives and properties? Why can't the president provide security for these gas pipelines? What is the billions of naira paid to the militant called Tompolo meant for?

another open letter to GEJ
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
carsprayer: so u mean anybody who doesn't like fashola is now igbo? am a yoruba man staying in kaduna.. ode lasan...olori buruku.. oloshi, odaran... omo ale... wawa, banza, dolo, akuya.... dan iska kawai
save those abuse and pack it when coming back to ur village in ibadan.
spray it like bullet to all your families since they failed to bring you up properly.
no wonder you were deported to kaduna.
just heed to my previous advice
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by luvinhubby(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
berem: I used some of it to cook soup. The remaining is in my fridge. sad sad
You are on every thread on NL, when do you have time to service your husband`s needs....ah! ah!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
The existing megawatts is even a fraud in terms of metre billing. Our prepaid billing is fraud. I've stocked to my analogue metre.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: ^ The thread is about a target that was not met just like the Lagos light rail project and other unending projects in Tinubu controlled states.

'Why we delayed Lagos light rail project’'
May 10, 2013

Lagos State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure Obafemi Hamzat yesterday said the Lagos Light Rail Project was delayed for six months to enable commercial motorcyclists acquire the skills required to be part of the project.
Hamzat spoke in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, while delivering the Second Distinguished Lecture Series, tagged: “Think Oyo”.
The commissioner, who spoke on: Infrastructure: A Critical Ingredient for National Development, said the government suspended the project when it discovered that the contractors planned to import thousands of skilled artisans from Togo, due to shortage of skilled artisans in Lagos. He said the government insisted that Nigerians must be engaged in the project because a major advantage of investing in infrastructure is job creation.
Hamzat said the government set up five skill acquisition centres, where thousands of commercial motorcyclists and unemployed youths were trained for the project.
He said: “It is clear that infrastructure, where well implemented, is directly correlated with the development of any community, state or country.
“Experience has shown that people, especially in developing countries, make this sole demand of their government. It is the true test of their support.”
Classifying infrastructure into social and economic, Hamzat said studies have shown that infrastructure development is a major determinant of economic growth and lack of it hinders sustainable growth.
The commissioner cited the example of how the United States (US) developed its infrastructure and the consequent economic stimulation.
He also referred to Brazil, which spent the last two decades building its infrastructure through borrowing and private sector financing.
Hamzat said Brazil ranks among the top eight economies in the world today. He said Lagos State is focusing on power, agriculture, transportation and housing (PATH) to boost its economy.
Hamzat said the government was working on a blueprint that will give the state leverage on its geographical, economic and demographic strengths.
He said the state’s PATH projects include the widening of the Mile 2- Badagry Road, the construction of the Lekki-Epe road, the Fourth Mainland Bridge, the light rail project, construction of bridges, roads and others that will connect the state with other countries in West African.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/why-we-delayed-lagos-light-rail-project/

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2013
luvinhubby:
You are on every thread on NL, when do you have time to service your husband`s needs....ah! ah!! cheesy

You must have been on every thread on NL too for you to have noticed.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Babamide(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2013
Peinstein: It's in our mind. You will notice we now have a lot of bright minds
Pretty Impressive.
From my own understanding, 10,000MW of electricity cannot guarantee Nigeria stable electricity. So if no government since 1999 can produce 10,000MW, I don't think we can ever achieve stable electricity supply in Nigeria
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by IboKiller: 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
luvinhubby:

You must have been on every thread yourself to know this. STFU!

1 Like

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:59pm On Dec 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
We are now in December 2013, so APC tribal warriors should show us the completed Lagos light rail project. Where is it? I've checked everywhere (except Tinubu's bottomless pocket) but I cant find it.

Lagos Rail Red Line To Be Completed In 2 Years Jun 9th, 2013 @ 04:04 pm

The Executive Director (finance and administration) of the Infrastructure Bank, Taiwo Dauda, has said that the Lagos Rail Red Line will be completed in two years.
He announced this during a train ride from the Ebute-Metta junction of the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) in Lagos to the Agbado Station in Ogun.
The train ride was to showcase Nigeria’s infrastructure to participants at the just- concluded 3rd Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Investment Forum, which had 15 participants from Europe, the U.S., Germany, Brazil and Nigeria.
The Blue Line, which is being built by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), is expected to be 27.5 km-long with 13 stations. Construction started in 2010, as against the April 2008 date originally scheduled and is only half complete (National Theatre to Mile 2).
The first light rail in Changchun, China started with its initial phase of Line 3, which was completed in 2001, and the second phase was completed in 2007 (6 years).
China started the construction of its first line of metro with 18 stations the length of 20.12 km in 2010, and they are to be opened in 2014.
In North America, Edmomton started its first route of light rail in 1974 and opened it on April 22, 1978 (4 years) just in time for the Common Wealth games.
Advisory service for Nigeria’s Blue and Red Rail is now being provided by CPCS Transcom Limited and Infrastructure Development. The company confirmed that construction of the Blue Rail actually started in January 2010 and the new completion date is set at 2015.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/lagos-rail-red-line-to-be-completed-in-2-years.html
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by naso2(m): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2013
[size=20pt]FG targets 10,000MW of electricity by 2014 [/size]
Written by Christian Okeke -Abuja
[size=20pt]Monday, 29 April 2013 [/size]

THE Federal Government, at the weekend, said electricity generation capacity would have hit 10,000 megawatts by first quarter of next year and by the time, all ongoing National Integrated Power Projects (NIPP) must have been completed.
This is even as it noted that the country was reaching a time of stability in power sector, while promising that the nation would experience a robust sector in coming years.

The permanent secretary in the Ministry of Power, Dr Godknows Igali, who spoke to select journalists in Abuja, at Nigerian Pilot/Newsworld Magazine Leadership Forum, also warned that the government would no longer accept the practice of vandalising power infrastructure across the country. He disclosed that Kaduna power plant would commence power generation by the end of the year, noting that additional power plants were expected to come on stream soon.

“In the years ahead, we are going to have electricity sector that is robust. If you look at the past few weeks, many Nigerians agreed that power situation improved considerably. “We had a problem about two and a half weeks ago when one of our main trunks had a shut-down for major maintenance work. We came out and said we had to shut down operations and for those weeks, we lost 1,000 megawatts of power
“We have over 4,500 megawatts going out and that is being increased. We are only getting better from this level.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/10650-fg-targets-10-000mw-of-electricity-by-2014
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by c0llynz02: 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lekki-Epe international airport to commence operations by 2012.
We are almost in 2014, where is the airport?
www.nairaland.com/809152/lekki-epe-int-l-airport-commence

1 Like

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by juman(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
How many thousands of mega watts have been added so far?

Because electricity is the key project of this administration.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by IboKiller: 8:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
juman: How many thousands of mega watts have been added so far?

Because electricity is the key project of this administration.

None! As a matter of fact, we have lost 1,600MW since 2012.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by naso2(m): 8:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

must we tell lies to score political points? what do you mean by none?
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by juman(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ibo-Killer:

Hmmm, sad news.

I think the government talked about leaking gases in delta state.

But nigeria need up to 100,000 MW to be a modern country. Yet we have just 3,000MW.

nigeria is a failed country.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by IboKiller: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
na_so:

must we tell lies to score political points? what do you mean by none?

Tell us how many we gained......

We have lost MW. We have not gained anything. Tell us what you know.
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by jmaine: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
luvinhubby:

Lolz. . . . . cheesy. . . .
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by atlwireles: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2013
10,000MW, 50,000MW bottom line is power supply to my house and business has never been better along the Warri/Otokutu axis. From having no power in 2006 to half current in 2009 and today 18 hrs on the average per day. This is all I care about.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by Ayekotoo(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2013
c0llynz02: Lekki-Epe international airport to commence operations by 2012.
We are almost in 2014, where is the airport?
www.nairaland.com/809152/lekki-epe-int-l-airport-commence
you folks are not ashame. Imagine, comparing your FG of 52% revenue allocation with the power and capability to get loan from anywhere without hindrance with a mere state governor. shame on you!
Re: Where Is The 10,000 MEGAWATTS Electricity Promised By December 2013? by dahfweshdude69: 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
so many Fools on NL.. Wtf concerns Lagos state and federal government not providing 10000 megawatts... always reason with ur brain not ur ass before posting shit... federal government failed to fulfil it..simple.. they disappointed Nigerians ..so we should overlook it when power is a major thing...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Aribisala: Is Goodluck Jonathan Really Clueless? / President Jonathan Missed The Point On The Missing N30 Trillion - Soludo / BREAKING News......the Anambra Tribunal Awka Nullified Okey Ezeh;s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.