Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport (7576 Views)

INEC Office In Delta State Set Ablaze / Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki / Akwa Ibom State Set To Be The First Fully Developed State- Impressive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2015
Scholes007:
financial and bureaucratic bottle neck... I think the federal govt see it as a non feasible venture
I don't think is about finance but I wanted to know or understand if it was the f.g that interfered against the kicking off of the project.
I also wanted to know technically how the fg is against such project!
Re: Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport by Scholes007(m): 2:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
baralatie:

I don't think is about finance but I wanted to know or understand if it was the f.g that interfered against the kicking off of the project.
I also wanted to know technically how the fg is against such project!
T A Orji wanted to actually use that for political reason but when it was approved by the state government many stakeholders outside the government took interest in that. Viablity studies was carried out as it was found to be feasible...
This lead some financial muscles in abia state and beyond to take very much interest in the project. Dr samson ogah was one of those much interested in it. But the river cuts through other states hence the need for federal concent and the rise of silence on this issue ever since then
Re: Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport by baralatie(m): 2:21pm On Oct 11, 2015
Scholes007:
T A Orji wanted to actually use that for political reason but when it was approved by the state government many stakeholders outside the government took interest in that. Viablity studies was carried out as it was found to be feasible...
OK!
how does the feasibility report relate with fg actions or inactions.was the National Ports Authority against it!
Re: Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport by Scholes007(m): 2:35pm On Oct 11, 2015
baralatie:

OK!
how does the feasibility report relate with fg actions or inactions.was the National Ports Authority against it!
you could read my post again... It died a natural death with ibaka/ibom deep seaport as the national port authority brought their non feasiblity nonsense and financial what ever
Re: Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport by Scholes007(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
[quote author=baralatie post=3][/quote] i have been to the river before and i can tell you if there is political will by the state and federal govts the project is as feasible as other proposed river/seaports ...some one from ikot abasi in akwa ibom or from opobo in rivers state can attest to that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Shows Up, Shock Fayose, Releases Powerful Proof / Electoral (amendment) Bill 2018 Not Declined Presidential Assent / Tribunal: Akwa Ibom APC Heads To Abuja To Lobby President Of Appeal Court, CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.