Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18547 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2008
Gamine:

Sent.

Jesus came to Fulfill the LAW

t is amazing how man is so against God’s will - even when it is written in black and white. When Jesus would speak about the last days, and the signs to watch out for, the very first thing He said was:

See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in My name, saying, I am Christ, and will deceive many (Matthew 24:4, 5)

Note his words: first a warning against deception, then that the deceivers will come in His name, then the sort of claims that the deceivers would make: “I am christ”.

Many people are waiting for someone to come along and sneer at the name of Christ, and then they’ll say, “That’s a false prophet!”. But Jesus said otherwise. He said they would come in His name, preach in His name, pray in His name, work miracles in His name - AND THEY WOULD STILL BE FALSE!

He also said they would claim to be “christ”. The word “christ” means “anointed one”. Now think clearly about it: every Chris, Enoch, Matthew, and David are claiming to be anointed ones all over the place. Such a claim was not made by even those specially chosen by Jesus to lay the foundation of the Church. None of the apostles claimed to be “anointed ones”, though they had more right to the claim than anyone else!

Then in verse 11 of that same chapter, the Lord stated:

And many false prophets will rise and deceive many

Note the Lord’s words: “many false prophets”, “lead many astray”. These “many” false prophets will deceive many. This makes it clear that to many, these false prophets will be seen as true prophets.

Isn’t that what we see today: everyone claiming to be anointed and claiming to have been sent by the Lord, yet their teachings and practices consistently violate God’s word.

Jesus said that these false prophets would be many. Look around you today and see how we have pastors, prophets, evangelists, bishops, apostles and all sorts who fit this description. So many of them! And many people actually have been swayed by the sleight of hand.

Beloved, the false prophets Jesus warned about are not those blatant and grossly obvious people in the occult. According to the Lord, the ones to watch out for are wolves in sheep’s clothing - calling on the name of Jesus, yet are not His.

Yes; many deceived people will read this article and still go right on in their deception - for Scripture must be fulfilled. But Christ’s sheep hear His voice. They will turn from the darkness and draw into the light. For none of His will be lost.

Let him who has ears listen to what the Spirit is saying to the Church.

There is no doubt about it that there are false prophets here and there, and thre will always be more by day, especially looking for money.
However, that hasnt taken away from the fact that, there are real ones, and besides, God will not send one to hell fire all cos they refuse to pay tithes and offering, and if yu read the bible very well, tithes and offerings is one of the commandments that came with a promise to it.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by joketeye: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
it is not christ like. the bible says pray 4 does who hurts u. the fact that a pastor that u respect does it does not mean u should we should follow christ, pastors are humans too
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

There is no doubt about it that there are false prophets here and there, and thre will always be more by day, especially looking for money.
However, that hasnt taken away from the fact that, there are real ones, and besides, God will not send one to hell fire all because they refuse to pay tithes and offering, and if yu read the bible very well, tithes and offerings is one of the commandments that came with a promise to it.

so also many anti christs grin ,if u think im lying ask huxley grin grin he will show u d anti christs
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

so also many anti christs grin ,if u think im lying ask huxley grin grin he will show u d anti christs

u cld tell from the way the guy talks that he is so anti-Christ that is not even funny.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
$$Rhino:

u cld tell from the way the guy talks that he is so anti-Christ that is not even funny.

lmao its funny oooo,leave them abeg,if u start arguing wt them ,u go argue for years,let them be wink
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
mazaje:

hey baby whats up? how is your day? kiss
I am fine brother.you?

Wil it be save if i return the kiss? grin

kiss
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

lmao its funny oooo,leave them abeg,if u start arguing wt them ,u go argue for years,let them be wink

Makes sense, i am so done with them then.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by anonimi: 8:44am On Aug 12, 2008
$$Rhino:

and if yu read the bible very well, tithes and offerings is one of the commandments that came with a promise to it.

* Do you understand when Jesus said: I have not come to change the law but to FULFIL it
* Have you read Hebrews 7: 1-12? What does it say about tithe and CHRIST[/b]ians
* Do you realise that tithes were to be made as sacrificial offerings to be [b]burnt on the altar
in the Old Testament and Jesus Christ became the ultimate (last of such) sacrifies through His death on the Cross, hence He FULFILLED the law and made Grace available unto us
* Try reading Malachi 1 and see the rebuke directed at priests and Levites for burning stale and low quality tithes despite receiving from the Israelites in accordance with Deuteronomy 14: 22-29

My dear, please, please & please study your Bible and I don't mean ONLY those over-quoted texts on victory over your enemy, prospering without doing ANYTHING, divine favours etc but rather on the nature of God, the teachings and life practices of Christ and the early Apostles. See Jeremiah 9: 23-24
Shalom
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2008
anonimi:

* Do you understand when Jesus said: I have not come to change the law but to FULFIL it
* Have you read Hebrews 7: 1-12? What does it say about tithe and CHRIST[/b]ians
* Do you realise that tithes were to be made as sacrificial offerings to be [b]burnt on the altar
in the Old Testament and Jesus Christ became the ultimate (last of such) sacrifies through His death on the Cross, hence He FULFILLED the law and made Grace available unto us
* Try reading Malachi 1 and see the rebuke directed at priests and Levites for burning stale and low quality tithes despite receiving from the Israelites in accordance with Deuteronomy 14: 22-29

My dear, please, please & please study your Bible and I don't mean ONLY those over-quoted texts on victory over your enemy, prospering without doing ANYTHING, divine favours etc but rather on the nature of God, the teachings and life practices of Christ and the early Apostles. See Jeremiah 9: 23-24
Shalom

i sure will like to understand what yu are trying to say.
are u saying that tithing is out dated?
are u saying tithing has to do with your burnt of animals and stuff?
pls be clrear.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by KunleOshob(m): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2008
@$$Rhino
What my brother anonimi is trying to tell you is that tithing as no place in christianity ad tithing as it is practised in today's churches is a gross manipulation of tithing which the children of Israel were directed to practise. To know more about tithing, you can check out my previous post on the topic were the issue of tithes was thouroughly defined and discussed exhaustively.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2008
I despise xtians that are soo quick to quote the bible on every darn issue.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 5:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
beside what is your bussines with other people affairs

What is your business in our affair that you are responding to the post ?

go and think better things for your self and leave men of God alone. those of you who call him Bussines man, go an do your own Bussines and leave him alone.

Go and think of better things for yourself than respond to posts. We will definately leave your god alone.

Think about it, based on the story of biblical Jesus, if Jesus was alive, will he chose the luxurious life or the simple life ?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ayobase(m): 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2008
still on this issue
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 4:26am On Aug 18, 2008
IDK, Still responding ?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by remyte(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2008
Please I think we should watch what we say about a true man of God like Bishop Oyedepo. The thieves must know where and where not to go. Or are we saying what they have done is right?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 10:32am On Aug 18, 2008
How do you define true ?  The man is HUMAN like every other human being. NOTHING makes him special or different.

Or are you telling us to watch what we say about true gods of men like him? a man Nigerians love to worship.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 10:33am On Aug 18, 2008
The sexism that takes place in all these Niger religious institutions is quite fascinationg: what about women of gods.

or are the women witches ?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by frag(m): 1:20am On Aug 19, 2008
He is human like everyone else which is why he reacted and cursed under annoyance.For those of you who think oyedepo is God,ask yourselves why didn't Jesus christ curse when was being crucified
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by redsun(m): 9:23am On Aug 19, 2008
Robbers are beginning to wise up in nigeria,robbing the corrupt rich.I commend them for it,it is the beginning of the revolution.Kudos,comrades,keep the flame burning.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ayobase(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2008
And who are the corrupt rich?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2008
hehehehehehehehehe.

Some Pastors.  shocked shocked
Some Politicans
Some so called gods of men
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by KunleOshob(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
Passage Romans 16:17-18:

17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by uchkochi(m): 9:35am On Aug 25, 2008
Jesus himself cursed the fig tree,how will a man steal from the church,they deserve to be cursed because some problems only answer to curses.Oyedepo is not just a pastor He is a prophet an Agent of change to protect Gods people. God honours the words of His prophet.havent you read of how Elijah killed the prophets of Baal.
The Church is in the days of vengeance when God is going to comfort all that mourn.Paul the apostle cursed Elimas to be blind for a season.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ uchkochi You have been brainwashed my friend.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2008
Oyedepo is not just a pastor He is a prophet an Agent of change to protect Gods people.

Can't god protect his own people. god must not be god if he can't protect his own people.

Abeg jare stop the nonsense
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Maykelly(f): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2008
huxley (m)
Manchester - England

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided His Church
« #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:09 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This raises a rather interesting interesting question, namely:  What is more effective -  Prayers or Curses?

Has he prayed publicly for the robbers to return the money? If he has, is he confident his prayers would work?

Why has he resorted to casting curses on the robbers?  Is it because the prayers have failed to work, or are these just empty threats?

What do you think Jesus would have done in similar circumstances - issues curses, prayers, some detective work, etc?

@huxley look at how ugly your post above;

To me it seems you like the company of robbers and it is also good that you pray for them. May they visit you and after their visit you kneel down and pray for them ok. It is my prayer for you. You don't have fear at all- how you open your mouth to say such things above.

Queit well, if Papa Bishop Oyedepo's prayer is a sin to you, may the robbers visit you day and night and after then; pray for them.

Do not just pray for robbers when they have not visited you. you could be died after their visit and in your grave pray for them.

[b]"My people perish because of lack of knowledge."[/b]
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Maykelly(f): 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2008
madamkoko:

Can't god protect his own people. god must not be god if he can't protect his own people.

Abeg jare stop the nonsense

earthworm like you. you don't even kn your GOD.

"They call me Father Father but they don't know me"
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2008
@may kelly
Lol lol lol ROTFLMAO na wa oh the guy na your papa
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by mazaje(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2008
uchkochi:

Jesus himself cursed the fig tree,how will a man steal from the church,they deserve to be cursed because some problems only answer to curses.Oyedepo is not just a pastor He is a prophet an Agent of change to protect Gods people. God honours the words of His prophet.havent you read of how[b] Elijah killed the prophets of Baal.[/b]
The Church is in the days of vengeance when God is going to comfort all that mourn.Paul the apostle cursed Elimas to be blind for a season.

see this deluded lunatic justifying people's killings because it was written in the bible. . . .  but then again the same bible said thou shall not kill. . . . ohhh i for got. . . .  its ok to kill the unbeliever. . . . . . if people reason like you and the writters of your bible then all non christains are supposed to be killed abi?. . . .  later some christain apologist will come here and point their dirty stinking fingers at moslems. . . . . . when the bible is no better than the koran in supporting death and destruction of the unbelievers. . . . . .
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by cricket: 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2008
I know I am late posting, but I just found out about this today.
I think there needs to be some clarification needed between curse and cussing.

Jesus never used cuss words but he did curse things. He  did curse the fig tree for not baring just because he was in the presence of the tree.  God said in His word that "He will curse those that curse you and Bless those that Bless you." If we are joint heirs and have the same authority we must speak as God speaks in order to get God results!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by loveth(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2009
Hi every body.
Bible made it clear to us we should not curse our enemies cos our is meant 4 blessing people and not cursing.
But the same Bible tell that we should not suffer the witch not to live but to die,and witch is someone who don't want our progress.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Seun(m): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2009
witch is someone who don't want our progress.
A witch is a witch, Mr. Man. Stop redefining words to suit your prejudices.

But the same Bible tell that we should not suffer the witch not to live but to die
The bible also says if an armed robber rapes your daughter, his punishment is that he must marry your daughter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / ‘How Catholic Church Handled Vote Buying In 1979’ / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.