Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18533 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:41am On Aug 04, 2008
Oyedepo admonished the robbers, who threw the whole church community and the entire ancient Ota community into pandemonium with the robbery operation, that failure to hand themselves over to the police would mean their death.
Raid On Canaanland: Oyedepo Gives Robbers 24 Hours To Surrender

I can't shout!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2008
THE presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Ministries, aka Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, on Friday reacted to the robbery attack on the banks situated with the premises of the Canaanland.

Oyedepo gave the robbers 24 hours to retrace their steps and surrender to the police.

Oyedepo admonished the robbers, who threw the whole church community and the entire ancient Ota community into pandemonium with the robbery operation, that failure to hand themselves over to the police would mean their death.

In the words of Oyedepo, "I give them 24 hours, unless this place does not belong to God."

The Bishop, who was undaunted by the attack, made similar pronouncement at the last Shiloh when he cursed thieves at the ground.

He said whosoever stole even a kobo would run mad. Those involved instantly dropped the stolen items, while others that failed to do so ran mad 24 hours after the warning.

Meanwhile, the situation at the Canaanland and the entire community has returned to normal as people were seen on Friday going about their normal businesses, while some were discussing the incident in low tones.

This raises a rather interesting interesting question, namely: What is more effective - Prayers or Curses?

Has he prayed publicly for the robbers to return the money? If he has, is he confident his prayers would work?

Why has he resorted to casting curses on the robbers? Is it because the prayers have failed to work, or are these just empty threats?

What do you think Jesus would have done in similar circumstances - issues curses, prayers, some detective work, etc?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Viante(f): 10:52am On Aug 04, 2008
The robbers went to confess

atleast some of them.

And this is an old story, why are you just bringing it up undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by mazaje(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2008
The robbers came and confessed? are you kidding me?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2008
Didn't God show him a vision before the robbery happened? shocked shocked

hahahahahahahaa, I can't shout!!1
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2008
The same pastors that preach do not sin, are always the ones behind major sins!

If you would curse someone, then don't encourage other people not to curse fucking hypocritical,lying and two faced "MEN OF GOD" grin

Lawd Hammercy!!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by spikedcylinder: 4:08pm On Aug 04, 2008
huxley:

This raises a rather interesting interesting question, namely: What is more effective - Prayers or Curses?

Has he prayed publicly for the robbers to return the money? If he has, is he confident his prayers would work?

Why has he resorted to casting curses on the robbers? Is it because the prayers have failed to work, or are these just empty threats?

What do you think Jesus would have done in similar circumstances - issues curses, prayers, some detective work, etc?

Seriously, I love you. Seriously.

grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2008
Get over yourselves people

why dont you make the world a better place instead of yapping undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by oloriooko(m): 9:57am On Aug 05, 2008
Why is the focus on the Man of God?
Are you saying that the action of the thieves is justified?
I beg, they should not only go mad, but serve as warning to others.
When your dog mad, he sabi the owner face grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2008
oloriooko:

Why is the focus on the Man of God?
Are you saying that the action of the thieves is justified?
I beg, they should not only go mad, but serve as warning to others.
When your dog mad, he sabi the owner face grin

This is what Jesus said;

Luke 6:

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Matthew 5

39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

In view of the above verses from Jesus, is it the correct Christian behaviour to cast curses on your enemies?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 10:55am On Aug 05, 2008
How come you dey quote bible sef undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ifyalways(f): 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2008
@Huxley et all,and so what if he did? Isnt he man and fallable?since when did he become God or a yardstick for measuring Xtianity?shuoooooo shocked shocked shocked,only "us " can free our minds jare. who be Oyedepo sef  someone care to tell moi?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
ifyalways:

who be Oyedepo sef someone care to tell moi?
Oyedepo is a very wealthy business tycoon.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by idupaul: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
Am tired of this oyedepo stories, pls lets leave the business man alone, any story on Dangote grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ifyalways(f): 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
Jagoon:

Oyedepo is a very wealthy business tycoon.
i see.OK
whatever,we need to learn to look unto Jesus alone and stop using a figure head(man) to measure Xtianity.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ssRhino: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
I am so shocked to read that people thinks the man of God has done something wrong by cursing the thieves, how could thieves be so bold to steal from the house that has been bult and dedicated to God, that is disrespect of highest order, and such men shd be cursed as he has done.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
Leave this matter, abeg.

i didnt know Oceanic bank and the other banks were churches undecided undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by nossycheek(f): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
Now read these

Matthew 21:19
Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.

Matthew 21:20
When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.
Matthew 21:19-21 (in Context) Matthew 21 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.
Matthew 21:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 21 (Whole Chapter)
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MALAMA(f): 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
nossycheek:

Now read these

Matthew 21:19
Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.

Matthew 21:20
When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. "How did the fig tree wither so quickly?" they asked.
Matthew 21:19-21 (in Context) Matthew 21 (Whole Chapter)
Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.
Matthew 21:20-22 (in Context) Matthew 21 (Whole Chapter)

What's your point? Are u saying we should curse our enemies?What's d relationship between the figtree and the robbers?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
I am so shocked to read that people thinks the man of God has done something wrong by cursing the thieves, how could thieves be so bold to steal from the house that has been bult and dedicated to God, that is disrespect of highest order, and such men should be cursed as he has done.

The place might be a church but its nothing but a building and nothing makes Oyedepo different from any other business man in Nigeria. So why can't thieves rob him? abeg jare.

Hope this shows people that hes only HUMAN and he is not God and Nigerians should stop worshipping him.

This is also what happens when you're driving around in your private jet while they are HUNGRY, OPPRESSED, people around you. grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
who be Oyedepo sef someone care to tell moi?

Oyedepo is god to some people in Nigeria. "In the god of Oyedepo: Amen"
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2008
Am tired of this oyedepo stories, please lets leave the business man alone, any story on Dangote

Dangote is a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN, that doesn't use or exploit the name of god to build or make his wealth. His "connections," network, and business related strategies make him true to himself and hope that he serves as an inspiration that if people use logic and their connections thing will work out.

Unlike others who tell you to fast and pray while they spend your tithes, (on schools, and etc, )
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MrCrackles(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2008
madamkoko:

Dangote is a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN, that doesn't use or exploit the name of god to build or make his wealth. His "connections," network, and business related strategies make him true to himself and hope that he serves as an inspiration that if people use logic and their connections thing will work out.

Unlike others who tell you to fast and pray while they spend your tithes, (on schools, and etc, )

as well as private jets, super-cars, choice properties and lavish food! grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by mekoyo(m): 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2008
The Bible clearly states Do good to them that hate you. Bless them who persecute you bless and curse not.

Love your neighbour as yourself, if you must serve GOD with all your heart you must according as HE has said in HIS word which is the BIBLE the word of life.

Cursing is not of God and the children of God should not involve themselves in it.

Well, Bishop David is a man of God and he should know better so lets just forget about the whole story and serach our own lives. Just obey the simple truth, the word of GOD says

BLESS AND CURSE NOT,
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
They taught us in sunday school not to curse and that if someone slaps you on the left cheek, turn your right cheek for another slap!!!   grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Moyola(f): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2008
madamkoko:

They taught us in sunday school not to curse and that if someone slaps you on the left cheek, turn your right cheek for another slap!!! grin grin grin grin

N do u do such?! undecided
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by TheJoker1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2008
Mark 11:12-17
And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry: And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.

(Mk. 11: 20-21). . . .And as they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away from the roots. And Peter calling to remembrance said unto him, ‘Rabbi, behold, the fig tree that you cursed is withered away’” (
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ukukaegbu(m): 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
WAO. This issue pass me. I dont know what to say.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by AKO1(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2008
Huxley:
THE presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Ministries, aka Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, on Friday reacted to the robbery attack on the banks situated with the premises of the Canaanland.

Oyedepo gave the robbers 24 hours to retrace their steps and surrender to the police.

In the words of Oyedepo, "I give them 24 hours, unless this place does not belong to God."

The Bishop, who was undaunted by the attack, made similar pronouncement at the last Shiloh when he cursed thieves at the ground.

He said whosoever stole even a kobo would run mad. Those involved instantly dropped the stolen items, while others that failed to do so ran mad 24 hours after the warning.

Meanwhile, the situation at the Canaanland and the entire community has returned to normal as people were seen on Friday going about their normal businesses, while some were discussing the incident in low tones.

AND SO?

The man made a mistake. The bible is clear on cursing. And someone still deems it fit to put it on the frontpage to ridicule the man. There is no debate about it so there isnt any other motive other than ridicule. Nawa o!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by ukukaegbu(m): 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
Those thieves shouldn't have stolen from the house of God in the first place and the man of God shouldn't curse. But on a second thought I think he was only cursing them 'IF' they don't return the money.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by KABIYESIO1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
EVEN GOD HIMSELF USES CURSEWORDS WHEN APPLICABLE. In genesis, when speaking with Abram, "I WILL CURSE THOSE WHO CURSES YOU, AND WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESSES YOU."
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 4:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
mekoyo:

The Bible clearly states Do good to them that hate you. Bless them who persecute you bless and curse not.

Love your neighbour as yourself, if you must serve GOD with all your heart you must according as HE has said in HIS word which is the BIBLE the word of life.

Cursing is not of God and the children of God should not involve themselves in it.

Well, Bishop David is a man of God and he should know better so lets just forget about the whole story and serach our own lives. Just obey the simple truth, the word of GOD says

BLESS AND CURSE NOT,

so ,we should bless our enemies right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Father Inlaw To Prophet Odumeje Was One Of The Most Deadliest Fake Prophet / 5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.