Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,552 members, 7,819,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland (18544 Views)

Poll: Cursing people: Is this a Christian thing to do?

Yes: 13% (10 votes)
No!: 86% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Kidnappers Release Winners' Chapel Calabar Pastor, As Bishop Oyedepo Curses / Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Oh, Yes.  Am from Cameroon, but residing now in UK.

no wonder wink
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

no wonder wink

No wonder what?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Sisikill: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2008
Eeyanyi:

I think we should all learn to read very well.If you read the passage well you will understand that he did not just curse them.He admonished them and advised them to surrender themselves.This is biblical.
In several places, the bible advised us to desist from sin and also mentioned the repercussion of not doing so e.g wages of sin is death, repent or you will be condemned etc are all over the bible, and that is exactly what the man of God said.
We should always read well before we start raising unnecessary issues and calling people names for no just reason.

Ehmmm. . . are you preaching to the choir?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

No wonder what? 

nothing
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Gamine(f): 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
lol
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:08pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

nothing

Teaser. Is that how you dey tease your hubby with that thing?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Teaser.  Is that how you dey tease your hubby with that thing?

grin grin grin grin which thing?
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by onyinye2(f): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
So you are from Cameroon i see . . . hmmm.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:10pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

grin grin grin grin which thing?

I dey wondey too smiley
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

I dey wondey too smiley

so u sabi smile?anyways keep wondering grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

so u sabi smile?anyways keep wondering grin

Why don't you go take a look at my photo on the internet see my big smile.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Why don't you go take a look at my photo on the internet see my big smile.

give me link grin
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:15pm On Aug 05, 2008
rampant:

give me link grin

Was going to, but just remembered that you guys would paste it all over Nairaland considering the way I have criticised your religion. No thankx
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 7:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

Was going to, but just remembered that you guys would paste it all over Nairaland considering the way I have criticised your religion.  No thankx

naaa we wont, kiss just give me da link wink
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
got to go play with my son now. bye.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by vislabraye(m): 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2008
One question i would ask is- Did he pay his tithes? If he did , armed robbers would not near there.  When i here some men of God preach, they make it sound as if nothing wrong can happen to you if u are a xtian. Bit the truth is we shall always see troubles.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by tpia: 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
vislabraye:

When i here some men of God preach, they make it sound as if nothing wrong can happen to you if u are a xtian. Bit the truth is we shall always see troubles.

true that.

I dont know if paying tithe is an armed robber deterrent however. Armed robbers dont have respect for people they rob anyway, and some of them even go for special prayers and fasting before they strike.

Stolen property can be replaced. A life cannot.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
true talk!
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by Jeezy: 7:45pm On Aug 05, 2008
I believe cursing robbers is wrong.They desecrated the house of God, and were very wrong to do so, but at the same time, vengeance/judgement is of God.Cursing is not what any child of God should do.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by jimblaze(m): 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
Leave Bishop Oyedepo alone if you guys love yourselfs
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 8:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
One question i would ask is- Did he pay his tithes?

How can the man of God not pay his tithes, LOL.!! Abeg don't kill me for laugh.

Well at least, Lets hope he does. But this only shows that he's a mere mortal. HUMAN like every other human being.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by AKO1(m): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
madamkoko:

Well at least, Lets hope he does. But this only shows that he's a mere mortal. HUMAN like every other human being.

I thought we already knew that tongue tongue
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 9:01pm On Aug 05, 2008
oooh k
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by rampant(f): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
madamkoko:

How can the man of God not pay his tithes,  LOL.!! Abeg don't kill me for laugh.

since we all know hes a mere mortal,why r we judging and criticising him when he makes a mistake?hes not perfect,so r we
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by NnaNna4(m): 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2008
U havnt seen anything yet, read malachi 3:9 'ye are cursed with a curse, ' why ', because you rob me'.

oh, havnt you heard that ', the curse of the lord is in the house of a thief'

TAKING ANYTHING THAT DOESNT BELONG TO YOU ANYWHERE, brings a curse whether
in the church or in the world.

I MEAN CURSED ALREADY, unless u return it.

People need to feel free in the church whether business church or true church.

Time has gone when pastor are paupers. All u need is discover ur own, there is still land space and private jets.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nn-a-Nn-a:

You havnt seen anything yet, read malachi 3:9 'ye are cursed with a curse, ' why ', because you rob me'.

oh, havnt you heard that ', the curse of the lord is in the house of a thief'

TAKING ANYTHING THAT DOESNT BELONG TO YOU ANYWHERE, brings a curse whether
in the church or in the world.

I MEAN CURSED ALREADY, unless u return it.

People need to feel free in the church whether business church or true church.

Time has gone when pastor are paupers. All u need is discover your own, there is still land space and private jets.

Is that in the Old or New Testament? Old testament laws/curse are no longer en force.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by NnaNna4(m): 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2008
And there is a dfrence btw ur enemy and a thief

ur enemy can be normal humans who dont like ur methods or ur progress etc

but a thief! haaa, be careful, like the devil, they come to steal kill and destroy (john 10:10), why wont they be cursed!

old testament not in force? says who?
But atleast God did curse a thief! because ' thou shall not steal"
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by huxley(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nn-a-Nn-a:

And there is a dfrence between your enemy and a thief

your enemy can be normal humans who don't like your methods or your progress etc

but a thief! haaa, be careful, like the devil, they come to steal kill and destroy (john 10:10), why wont they be cursed!

old testament not in force? says who?
But atleast God did curse a thief! because ' thou shall not steal"

The blood of Jesus is supposed to have replace all the legalism and codes of law in the OT. That is what Jesus split he precious blood for.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by madamkoko: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ Huxley, make you tell them jare!!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by tpia: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
The thieves must have received so many curses from their victims till date.

Lets see if this latest round of cursing will make a difference.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by subice(m): 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
The way some people are quoting the bible just to support their points is serious! Most fail to remember that all these quotes were within a context. eg. the wages of sin is death: this wasn't referring to physical death but the eternal reward for someone who does not repent from sin while alive! Take it easy people.
Re: Oyedepo Curses Robbers Who Raided Canaanland by MissyB1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
huxley:

The blood of Jesus is supposed to have replace all the legalism and codes of law in the OT.  That is what Jesus spilt the blood for.
Speak of only what you are sure of bruv.

The sole purpose of his death was to redeem us from sin.(matt 20 vs 28)"FOR THE SON OF MAN DID NOT COME TO BE SAVED BUT TO SAVE AND TO GIVE HIS LIFE AS A RANSOM FOR MANY.
He did not die bcuzz he wanted to replace all legalism and codes of law in OT but to save us from death as a result of our sins.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'how T.b. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / ‘How Catholic Church Handled Vote Buying In 1979’ / Shiloh 2018 Begins This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.