Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,416 members, 7,861,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? (771 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / Men Asking God For A Wife, Can They Accept What God Will Give To Them / Ladies How Do You Make Your Choice From The Multiple Guys Asking You Out For Val (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Wealthcreater(m): 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Have you ever asked yourself: "Why aren't men asking me out?" Have you ever started to wonder "What's wrong with me?" You might think you're smart, sexy and funny, but you might want to ask yourself the following questions and see if there's room for improvement. After all, Mr. Right might be right around the corner!

1. Do you look your best when going out? Do you have acne or other skin problems or issues with your appearance that affect your self esteem and your love life?

The truth is men are visual. You do not need to look perfect or like America's Next Top Model, but you do need to look your best. Each man has a different type (which can boil down to about one or two physical characteristics), so you want to look the best you can in your "type".

Play up your features. If you have a gorgeous face or a great personality or beautiful hair, but let's say your body is overweight, don't beat yourself up. Eat as healthy as you can, walk, go to the gym and try your best to feel good. Wear beautiful, feminine clothes in color (men love color and it will get you noticed as opposed to black which is chic but not a man magnet), wear makeup, look GOOD!

And don't forget that some men LOVE curvy, voluptuous women. Some men prefer their women to be "big." Skinny women turn them off! But if you find that out of the pool of men who are pursuing you, none seem appealing to you, then you may want to lose some weight and see what happens. A whole new group of men will find you attractive. And remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You can be a size two, drop dead gorgeous blonde with eyes as blue as the aquatic sea, and a man may still not pursue you or find you attractive. Why?

Again, because each man has a "type." Look and FEEL your best, exude a positive energy and notice who pursues you. Remember, love only those who love you. If a man isn't noticing you or making the effort, Next!

2. Do you go out to places where you can meet men? Do you do online dating? If you never meet any men, then you need to go to places where men frequent. Dating is a numbers game! You need to be where the action is. You might look great and have the right attitude, but if you aren't meeting any new men, what's the point?

To meet and marry Mr. Right you have to meet a lot of new men. Out of a pool of twenty five single men, maybe one or two will approach you. Maybe only one of those two you will consider. The point is, get up and go!

Volunteer, join a male dominated sport, go to net-workers, parties, events, have coffee at trendy cafes, just go! Know what type of man you like and frequent the places he goes. Show up looking wow, put a smile on your face and see who notices and approaches you. Let the men come to you. If no one approaches you (which happens, hey that's life!), stay positive and go to the next event.

3. Are you overly aggressive in the beginning of dating? Do you call, text and ask men out on dates when you've just met them?

Don't snuff out the pursuit. And don't start something that was never meant to be. Wait for the man to come to you and be receptive to his advances. The first three months of dating are the most important of the courtship, and if you mess it up by pursuing him and being too forward then you risk him getting bored and moving on to another woman who has the good sense to pace the relationship (even when he's pushing for more), and who lets the man lead.

4. Do you have a positive attitude? Or do you have a negative mind frame that impedes your growth and your love life?

Do you smile? More so is your smile real or fake? If you have to fake it, then DO IT. But work on yourself. If you've had negative experiences in the past (and who hasn't) brush it off, learn from it and continue on your journey. Getting stuck in negative thoughts and feelings usually means you're stuck in the past. Neck deep in the mud you are struggling to come out from under, but you keep getting pushed in. Persevere. If you are negative, you will attract people just like you (even if you can't see it). It's WORK to stay positive and upbeat (even for "happy" people) but it's worth it. Stay a step in the right direction today.
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Pretyangel25(f): 10:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nice write up
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by skyscraperTM(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
I'll read it when it makes frontpage. In other news, she jilted me on christmas day. https://www.nairaland.com/1569221/she-jilted-me-christmas-day
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Enegod(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Missmossy(f): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2013
Cool.
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Andyblaze: 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
you should prolly stop walking like no one's on your level...cuz that scares off some potential suitors too angry angry

Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by mazizitonene(m): 11:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Men aren't asking you out cos u r not *askable* simple!
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Dannylux: 11:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
I'll read it when it makes frontpage. In other news, she jilted me on christmas day. https://www.nairaland.com/1569221/she-jilted-me-christmas-day

Upcoming troll.. your trolling career has already failed before its commencement.
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by skyscraperTM(m): 12:00am On Dec 27, 2013
Dannylux:

Upcoming troll.. your trolling career has already failed before its commencement.
Chop s'hit and die
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by vizkiz: 12:18am On Dec 27, 2013
too much Dox and Dont in NL nowadays angry kilode sef? undecided
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by Dannylux: 12:40am On Dec 27, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
Chop s'hit and die

Shyte no fit kill me.. sorry I exposed you grin
Re: Why Aren't Men Asking You Out? by skyscraperTM(m): 4:53am On Dec 28, 2013
Dannylux:

Shyte no fit kill me.. sorry I exposed you grin
I nose your type, you're craving for attention and I won't give you that attention.

(1) (Reply)

Is Age Just A Number? / What My Grandfather Told Me About Finding The Right Woman For Me / Can You Raise Your Hands And Slapp/beat Your Fiance/go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.