Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School (5584 Views)

Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee / I Want To Drop Out Of School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by homosapien(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2013
@Op, tell them no matter how hard study, u just cannot comprehend. Therefore is time u master your............
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by adexsimply(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ghadafy:

Your head like IPhone logo. Don't know why you refused to grow up.
shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
*faints*

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by adbokus(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dear parent mi to sure juu...twale mama mi, twale baba mi...i wan drop comot skul, da tin don tire me!!...
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by GodpassU: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
@OP....U are askin us a very useless question....very very useless i must repeat.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Wizdray: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
See life. Some are at h0me fasting and praying to God for Admissi0n while someone is thinking how to get out of School.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by tolextony(m): 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
satowind: If they are weren't opportuned to go 2 sch, de best way is to tell dem that cultists want to kill you cause u refused to gv them expo in the hall.
But if they are educated you are on your own oh.
Season greeting my fans.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Busuyib(f): 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
y do u even want to dropout?
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by cdamsel(f): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
deejay_harry1: bros nawa ooo...
them won scatter ur ministry grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by UyiIredia(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
iamtheprincipal: OP, it's never a good option opting out of school. I've had my stitch of it and I can tell you that it wasn't worth it. Get done with your eduction first before venturing into any other area of endeavour.

Wizkid dropped out of school and he is a multimillionaire. Same for OJ of OJ productions. Same for Steve Jobs who was a dropout. Same for the dropouts that headed Nigeria during the military regimes. It takes more than a university degree to be financially successful and I tire of people with your thinking.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by dady12: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
papa ,i won retire from school ooo,my head nor carry ,na business better pass sch this days for nigeria cos job no dey again oo papa
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tell them your pastor said that if you go to school, you won't succeed in life, grin grin that should work.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Codedboy95(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
@op it's easy. just say "papa ermm you know say you don dey old ermm and you know say too much work no good for old people dem . ermm well I just bin dey think am say e don reach time make i tell you, you know say you no get anyone wey dem help you for farm....... figure out the rest

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by qtx(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
dopeJemi: mom, dad... I want 2 drop out of school
c bulala for ur nyash grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
You give them a very well thought out extensive reason why you don't want to continue studying, coupled up with a five year plan with what you want to do next (it better include how you intend to sustain yourself financialy).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by ichommy(m): 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
nekaa: tell them ASUU plans and going for another strike, that u'd rather work than stay at home for another unspecified time.

Bad you
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by myOGAonTOP: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
this is CLASSIC, TERRIBLE, MACHAEVILLIAN AND always WORKS: its always good to do it by starting a big quarrel or something.... threaten (or rather, 'hint') on doing something real bad and following it up. You wont get a particularly good result if there's peace in the land. Lol
Disappear completely for at least a month and create tensions. your fam will start playing the blame game on each other and start looking around for you. Shut down all know phone numbers and social networking sites. You may create or use new ones. Nobody, i mean nobody should know where you are. Gut is essential.
Towards month two, start making rare 'appearances'. (distant relations and church members) will make good reporters for your family. Dont EVER allow them to approach and talk to you. After some days allow yourself to be 'cornered' and brought back home. You will be given time to 'recover' and a whole semester will expire. ALWAYS Talk sparingly and vaguely and shout whenever school is mentioned.......the rest will be history.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by swhiss: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
tell them that u want to pursue a career in sports (maybe say football) and a football club is about to sign an agreement with u, and also ur current level of education is capable of helping u achieve this. try convincing them on what they stand to gain if u eventually turn out to be a star!!!
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by kolidave: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=tolextony][/quote] guy this made me lol while walking on the street, people con dey look me like say I no well
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by qtx(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
just ask them if dem sabi bill gate of microsoft? say u sef wan be the bill gate of naija, make dem no cry.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by moscobabs(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
a go talk ham with big grammar............Dad,mum,I have been Expunge ooo,wic mean I have graduated
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by felzylix(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
You don't have to tell your parents, violate the school rules and you r out
#thankmelater
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by tchigofigo(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
deejay_harry1: bros nawa ooo...
well.,u two..,hp u guys av kicked off.,twil b nice to hear u knw..,n, abt dat ^, i'w jst kiddn oo
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Isaacco4: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
satowind: If they are weren't opportuned to go 2 sch, de best way is to tell dem that cultists want to kill you cause u refused to gv them expo in the hall.
But if they are educated you are on your own oh.
Season greeting my fans.

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by qtx(m): 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
myOGAonTOP: this is CLASSIC, TERRIBLE, MACHAEVILLIAN AND always WORKS: its always good to do it by starting a big quarrel or something.... threaten to do it and following it up. You wont get a particularly good result if there's peace in the land. Lol
Disappear completely for at least a month and create tensions. your fam will start playing the blame game on each other and start looking around for you. Shut down all know phone numbers and social networking sites. You may create or use new ones. Nobody, i mean nobody should know where you are. Gut is essential.
Towards month two, start making rare 'appearances'. (distant relations and church members) will make good reporters for your family. Dont EVER allow them to approach and talk to you. After some days allow yourself to be 'cornered' and brought back home. You will be given time to 'recover' and a whole semester will expire. ALWAYS Talk sparingly and vaguely and shout whenever school is mentioned.......the rest will be history.
By d time u do that and return only to hear one of them committed suicide , u would know that's rather too dangerous an option.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
myOGAonTOP: this is CLASSIC, TERRIBLE, MACHAEVILLIAN AND always WORKS: its always good to do it by starting a big quarrel or something.... threaten (or rather, 'hint') on doing something real bad and following it up. You wont get a particularly good result if there's peace in the land. Lol
i swear,, you have said it perfect

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by tchigofigo(m): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
cdamsel: them won scatter ur ministry grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by tchigofigo(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
cdamsel: them won scatter ur ministry grin
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Beennkumar(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
No need telling them.

Score F's in all your courses, break school rules and you'll be expelled from school. Then, break the news to them.

There's nothing they'll say or do that'll get you back there.
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Youpele52: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
You must be Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, or Dangote to

www.nairaland.com/1571529/molly-hero-mini-novel
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by phlame(m): 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Codedboy95: @op it's easy. just say "papa ermm you know say you don dey old ermm and you know say too much work no good for old people dem . ermm well I just bin dey think am say e don reach time make i tell you, you know say you no get anyone wey dem help you for farm....... figure out the rest

ROTFL
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Easy, violate skul rules nd ur out....confused mods, dey already removed this 4rm FP
Re: How Do You Tell Your Parents You Want To Drop Out Of School by nairamaverick(m): 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
You must have a cogent reason.. The aim of going to school is to get a job, if you've found another route to that I.e getting a job, explain to them or better still start the business and if they see you making progress they would end up supporting you.

But then I would advise going and finishing school except if its not possible to combine both.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNILAG Part-time Form For 2015/2016 Academic Session Now Available !!! / Uniuyo Direct Entry Aptitude Test / Woman Education A Waste Of Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.