Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? (10827 Views)

When She Tries To Play God With Your Destiny (mean Pic) / Do You Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 4:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
Is relationship dependent on destiny or is it your karma that decides the future of your relationship?

My GF of 5 years out of the blue one day broke up with me. It was truly a shock, I didn't even see it coming. It turns out, there is someone else. From my own research, this person has not been in her life very long. I don't know how or when they met, but suddenly I am out of the picture. Our relationship has been through so much. My year long deployment, the death of her mother, and us taking care of her disabled sister. I just don't understand how this came to be. And now she's gone away with this other person for the weekend. It's been a month now and I'm still hurting as if it was the day of the break up. I have this knowing inside of me that she is my soulmate, my one and only. I waited my whole life for her. I always had a feeling since I was younger that I was only meant to be with one person. I dated but never felt anything for anybody. Not until her. I WAS 26 THEN! I waited for the love of my life, my first and last for 26 years and all of a sudden it's gone. Our relationship had it's share of struggles, and I by no means would have won gf of the year. I know it might sound corny, but everything inside of me is still telling me that we are meant to be together. I had to let her go so we could both grow and experiance things and that life will eventually lead us on the same path again.

There have been many stories where the couples separate due to their strong belief in destiny and less reliance on their karma to be together. Blaming destiny for the success or failure of your relationship is not the right way of losing or winning love. Karma is what decides the future of your relationship and not the destiny. A common phrase, 'You write destiny" is right and should be applied to assure a bright future. Belief in destiny alone can lead to a failure in a relationship. Generally couples in a relationship have faith in both karma and destiny but the point is destiny comes after karma. To keep a relationship one can"t say that he/she will leave everything on destiny and don"t take any attempt from one"s side to maintain, improve or develop it. ADVERTISEMENT There are few couples who believe blindly in destiny and few who use it as an excuse to break up the relation if they don"t get proper reasons. Belief in destiny is not only limited to relationships but also to others like work, friendship and enemity. Any stage in one"s life, be it in their support or not is blamed on the destiny. People have this prejudice that destiny is written before birth and they follow the pre written path without their own effort. Belief in destiny is most common among women. They are very emotional so they rely on destiny. Destiny is nothing but a blind faith in some prejudice which has been fed into the mind when we are too young to understand and destiny was used as an excuse to stop us from crying when we failed in something. For a successful relationship, destiny will not do much than from spoiling a lively and healthy relation. To make a relation work out and achieve success, the couple will have to look after each others happiness and fulfilling small to big wishes etc. Belief in destiny will only deviate you from your relationship and drag you away from your responsibilities. So, in simple words, it is always better to just take one step at a time!

dear NL.. what do u believe

is there somebody out there destined for a particular person or was it just karma at work pls say sumtin, it will surely help a Bro/Sis
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
No I don't!, but wait, I biliv cos God has has ordained a wife nd husband for each nd every1 of us ryt frm time. I biliv we ar still freestylin grin until d ryt time comes...
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by Enegod(m): 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by crackhaus: 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
Destiny and love should not be used in the same sentence...my opinion!

Love is too dynamic to be tied to a person's destiny...why? Because it is an emotion.
Emotions are derived from feelings... Feelings are controlled by human impulses.
Destiny on the other hand is independent of human emotion and/or impulse. It is the super-natural force which guides or controls events.

The point here being, fate/destiny has no control over a human emotion such as love which is fleeting and can't be tamed.
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 5:29pm On Dec 27, 2013
crackhaus: Destiny and love should not be used in the same sentence...my opinion!

Love is too dynamic to be tied to a person's destiny...why? Because it is an emotion.
Emotions are derived from feelings... Feelings are controlled by human impulses.
Destiny on the other hand is independent of human emotion and/or impulse. It is the super-natural force which guides or controls events.

The point here being, fate/destiny has no control over a human emotion such as love which is fleeting and can't be tamed.
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2013
Well, if u asked me dis ques 4years ago, I wuld say I biliv in destiny cos I dated a girl den 4 almost 6years but we later broke up...even after d break up, I stil use 2biliv no mater wat apens, I ll still end up wid er. Well dats because I ddnt go out and search...now, am madly in love wid anoder girl n we' bin datin 4 almst 3years now..d girl am datin now is d love of my life n deres nofin(I mean nofin), I can't sacrifice 4er or do jus 2b wid er. So back 2ur ques, I DON'T BELIEVE IN DESTINY...GBAM
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 8:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
Tripodmode: Well, if u asked me dis ques 4years ago, I wuld say I biliv in destiny cos I dated a girl den 4 almost 6years but we later broke up...even after d break up, I stil use 2biliv no mater wat apens, I ll still end up wid er. Well dats because I ddnt go out and search...now, am madly in love wid anoder girl n we' bin datin 4 almst 3years now..d girl am datin now is d love of my life n deres nofin(I mean nofin), I can't sacrifice 4er or do jus 2b wid er. So back 2ur ques, I DON'T BELIEVE IN DESTINY...GBAM

well spoken! Ryt now u not married... *assumin* d same way ur previous relationship hit d rock, d present relationship did, and ur previous gal finds d right key for d padlock to your heart* still assuming* wat would u call that? Destiny or it just life
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
simdam500:

well spoken! Ryt now u not married... *assumin* d same way ur previous relationship hit d rock, d present relationship did, and ur previous gal finds d right key for d padlock to your heart* still assuming* wat would u call that? Destiny or it just life

Dat 1 na gobe o cos am madly inlove wid my present gf...I fink ill just commit suicide dan go back 2my former...well, if it apens, ill just rule it out as fate but I don't pray it apens o.. Love my present gf like kilode
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
Tripodmode:

Dat 1 na gobe o cos am madly inlove wid my present gf...I fink ill just commit suicide dan go back 2my former...well, if it apens, ill just rule it out as fate but I don't pray it apens o.. Love my present gf like kilode

u try! wish u luck anyway...

i once had a teenage love then too, all i believe was nothin can can break us up *even at teen, only God know how i came about such thought* we school together and grew up together *all i believe was God created her 4me and vise-versa, without woein her* i believe even if she goes around the globe, met everyman she would still come back to be mine *teenage thought(mind)*

but to ma greatest surprise, she had not leave the tip of my nose before i found out that my best friend*still my current friend* woed her....

then i know When destiny speaks, the mind shut up!!! Lol
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2013
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2013
Go out n xplore bro. Dnt let hrt brk make u tink d world exist only in ur street. There r millions of girls better than ur ex. Find them.
Re: Do You Believe In Destiny When It Comes To Love? by simdam500(m): 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Jenams: Go out n xplore bro. Dnt let hrt brk make u tink d world exist only in ur street. There r millions of girls better than ur ex. Find them.

true

(1) (Reply)

My Husband Lasts Too Long In Bed, I Need A Remedy To Make Him Release Fast / Make Her Fall In Love With This Cute Text Message / How Can I Tell If My Man Is Serious?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.