Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (18838 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Okays Military Checkpoint In 'frontline States' / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by IAMBREEZY: 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Some soldiers when they re high they don't have sense again it's normal.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dahomey Amazon: What happened to putting up a sign that says do not use your phone at check points. Imagine Nigerians giving these fools an excuse to threat them like animals. Is that how other militaries behave?
the only sensible comment so far.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
stagger:

As someone with some knowledge of explosives forensics, I can authoritatively tell you that one of the ways that IEDs are detonated is by the use of mobile or cordless phones.

IEDs are of two types: simple and complex. Mobile phone detonated IEDs are classified as a type of complex IEDs, requiring simple modification of the phone to an electrical firing circuit to initiate the explosive charge. Most people do not know that answering a phone initiates a spark mechanism within the device, which is why people are asked not to use mobile phones in filling stations so that the spark mechanism does not ignite any fuel being dispensed.

IEDs detonated with mobile phones caused a lot of casualties in Iraq, and many soldiers have been killed at checkpoints because of this. When approaching a military checkpoint, commonsense dictates that you stop any activity that is likely to arouse suspicion, especially given the already charged state of our armed forces towards civilians. The driver ought to have cautioned the female passenger in question.

Sorry for your ordeal, but soldiers are also taught these things about explosives and so they will act on the side of caution than just let it pass.
Then the order should be switch off your phones at checkpoints. Honestly I don't think slapping and molesting people can prevent a terrorist detonating an IED with a cellphone. He can dial it without holding it up to his ear... For instance.
It is perfectly more sensible to do an IED sweep and prevent IEDs from being planted, than preventing one already deployed from being detonated.
Soldiers who couldn't even protect their wives and children in their barracks.

3 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by MagicBishop: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
HisRoyalHardnes:
Then the order should be switch off your phones at checkpoints. Honestly I don't think slapping and molesting people can prevent a terrorist detonating an IED with a cellphone. He can dial it without holding it up to his ear... For instance.
It is perfectly more sensible to do an IED sweep and prevent IEDs from being planted, than preventing one already deployed from being detonated.
Soldiers who couldn't even protect their wives and children in their barracks.

I think the best thing to do is install a cellphone jammer

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Akalia(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
The dude dat posted dis one is a bloody liar, how did he manage to post dis in d midst of all dis military checkpoint hassle. Was he not caught doing so as well with his phone.Nairalanders una feel me

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Claroo(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Almost got ma fone seized at Abuja, according 2d soldier,it is prohibited to receive/use ur fone at a checkpoint.
He was like "neva use ur fone again at a checkpoint,no fink say u be law student,na our own law be dat"

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Omexonomy: 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
Smelling mouth go and face BH
Magic Bishop:

Nigerian Military especially the Army is full of daft clowns in camo!
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by unclewale4u: 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Some readers will be talking as if they are novice,the instruction will definitely be there,trust nigerians,where no parking is placed,will be where many will park their car.just thank God u are not shot.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Boko Haram seems to be the cause of that!
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by chi4ik(m): 12:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Just tank God U ar still alive.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Andyblaze: 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Solo Atna: your oga at the top

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
Make d girl cum down make she settle her case, if she finish she enter another bus
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop:

I think the best thing to do is install a cellphone jammer
Yeah that.
But seriously cellphones are less than a tip of the security challenges iceberg. There is no cellular network in bornu yet these devils are able to coordinate massive attacks.
The army response shouldn't be on civilians. They should take the fight to Cameroon or wherever the devils are hiding.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Obijulius: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Obiagelli:
the only sensible comment so far.

Always try to be diplomatic and tactful when making comments.

When did you become a judge of sensible comments?

Be a lady if you are actually one and say "IN MY PERSONAL OPINION".

In my opinion, you could come across as cautious , bold and sensible.

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by talktimi(m): 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2013
Its generally not allowed to make calls near military check points in Nigeria sha o or walk on the same lane with their post. I guess it has to be for their security.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
This ones are even better, Us army will rough handle you, pin ur head to the ground with their kneel or 5guys can point a gun @ you and tell u they'll shoot and trust me they will... pls respect this guys, it's their job obey their order when neccessary. I remembered a tym this guys were doing a kinda rally and me feeling funky brought out my phone filming, hell, dat was the first tym a gun was pointed right at me threatning he'll shoot me, I was totally confused almost damaged the phone dat day.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by HotPotato(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dahomey Amazon: What happened to putting up a sign that says do not use your phone at check points. Imagine Nigerians giving these fools an excuse to threat them like animals. Is that how other militaries behave?

Thanks dear, don't know for how long they'd shove all these rubbish down our throats. If it's this way, then i had to believe that nobody living in Nigerian barracks own a phone.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by MagicBishop: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Omexonomy: Smelling mouth go and face BH

Don't make me runnup on ya

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sleek05: On my way to Ibadan from lag, I saw a soldiers' van parked and about four of them were seriously slapping and hitting a man who was parked behind them. The man had his wife and kids crying close to him. Wish I had a camera to record d ugly scene. I kept askin myself, wat in d world could an unharmed man with his wife and kids have done 2 deserve such an inhuman treatment. Wat kinda country do we live in? I thought we had transited from d military regime 2d civilian regime... If d man was a minister or commissioner, would some bloody illiterates have treated him d same way? Do we have a judicial system dat treats such cases with utmost integrity. I still haven't found answers to my question especially because it could be my husband's turn tomorrow. Such a lawless country... Really sad!

Word... U said it all but I want to ask you a question.......

If I become Nigeria's president 2morw and I ask people like you to come join the Army and Police, that we are getting rid of the old crap, would you join?
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by wolfenstein(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
guy it really gets me confused to o @OP. they do dis same tin in abj, of which dis same soldiers receive calls on their own phone but someone else can't. d problem in Nigeria is that we don't know our rights. u can't do dis outside the country.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Obijulius: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Obijulius: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
wolfenstein: guy it really gets me confused to o @OP. they do dis same tin in abj, of which dis same soldiers receive calls on their own phone but someone else can't. d problem in Nigeria is that we don't know our rights. u can't do dis outside the country.

What do you mean by outside the country? Please stop deceiving yourself.

This is obtainable in any troubled zone. I report from war torn areas, just returned to Chad after a two week assignment in South Sudan. And from what I hear from other international war correspondents and journalists, the grass ain't always greener over there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by stagger: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Heard of Mercury switch IEDs?

The detonating mechanism occurs when the IED is moved which triggers the mercury to flow and connect a circuit switch. This is known as a tilt switch.

The Iraqis used this after cell phones were being jammed by the U.S. forces.

Fun stuff!

Of course I have. There are several trigger mechanisms around. Even a clothes peg can serve as a trigger. We were taught explosive forensics in my PG class by one of the world's leading experts. Won't say more.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by kheart(m): 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dis aint new to us dat re base in d north.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by ganye1: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
Using cell phones at military check points became offence the day they realise cell phones have cameras that can be used to record their criminal activities like extortion and molestation of civilians. It is the only explanation while all other explanations are excuses to justify the ban.

5 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Jakumo(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
ganye1: Using cell phones at military check points became offence the day they realise cell phones have cameras that can be used to record their criminal activities like extortion and molestation of civilians. It is the only explanation while all other explanations are excuses to justify the ban.

Ol' boy, you dey sharp. Nobody go like make GOC mistake see him face for inside internet video, for where he dey collect "Roger" for checking.

E get as e be.

2 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by AMADU77: 1:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
b

3 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by KingsleyCEO: 2:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
;DIf only you understand the plans of these BH boys for this country, and how our military have help to avert their plans, you will not only switch off you phone at these military check points but also go unclad if they ask you to with joy in your heart! ;DIf only you understand the plans of these BH boys for this country, and how our military have help to avert their plans, you will not only switch off you phone at these military check points but also go unclad if they ask you to with joy in your heart!

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by 99100(m): 2:18pm On Dec 28, 2013
kokoA: One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin
gringringringringrin;DFunny but wise or should I call it "SHARP"
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Bla blaaah Those soidiers are on high alert cell phones are use to detonate IED...this gallant men n women do there job in rain cold day night on tense environment...there sacrifice n loyalty to there motherland is unquestional ..
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by RaptorX: 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sleek05: On my way to Ibadan from lag, I saw a soldiers' van parked and about four of them were seriously slapping and hitting a man who was parked behind them. The man had his wife and kids crying close to him. Wish I had a camera to record d ugly scene. I kept askin myself, wat in d world could an unharmed man with his wife and kids have done 2 deserve such an inhuman treatment. Wat kinda country do we live in? I thought we had transited from d military regime 2d civilian regime... If d man was a minister or commissioner, would some bloody illiterates have treated him d same way? Do we have a judicial system dat treats such cases with utmost integrity. I still haven't found answers to my question especially because it could be my husband's turn tomorrow. Such a lawless country... Really sad!
I believe some of these folks join the army to be able to brutalize so called bloody civilians, I remember many yrs ago when I was a young boy of about 12 or 13 and I was walking home one early evening, and these two zombies accused me of walking in front of a captains house, that it's a military zone in an estate that was meant for Ondo state civil servants, so I should start frog jumping lol. Some of them have these oversized ego when they are wearing that uniform, most Nigerian security officers wheter soldiers or police are nothing but jokers, but I cant blame them the average Nigerian is a case study in cowardliness.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by emcemayo: 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari At The Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebrations (Photos) / Dolapo Osinbajo Bonds With Rescued Chibok Girls (Photos) / Reno Omokri: "There Is An Order To Arrest Me Whenever I Step Foot In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.