Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve (1828 Views)

Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State / The Rate Of Poverty And Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by maasoap(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
The last time I saw unemployment level in each state of the federation as released by the NBS, Osun State had the least number of unemployed people (may be in terms of percentage) . Then, I saw federal monthly revenue allocation to states of the federation in the dailies, both September and November allocations. Akwa Ibom state : 24 billion naira and 23 billion naira respectively. Osun state : 3 billion naira and 3 billion naira respectively. This means that Akwa Ibom state gets 288 billion naira annually while Osun state gets 36 billion naira annually. Akwa Ibom state has a population of nearly 4 million people according to 2006 census while Osun State has a population of roughly 3.5 million population.
My question is how do these governors whose states fall under Niger Delta who are beneficiaries of 13% derivation manage and utilise their mega resources on behalf of their people? In the real sense of good governance and accountability, Akwa Ibom state is not supposed to have higher rate of unemployment than Osun State.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
They build airports, stadia and roads.

Ironically, so do governors that don't get much.

Ofcourse, also steal about 90% of the money.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by maasoap(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
django1: They build airports, stadia and roads.

Ironically, so do governors that don't get much.

Ofcourse, also steal about 90% of the money.
That kind of resources is enough to do wonders. To stand out among the rests. Meeen.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by Sirniyeh(m): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Op, you reason well. But it would be expedient if you enter into politics maybe an intelligent person like you could make a change the masses desire
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
n tomorrow we will be shoutng jonathan is corrupt clueless when the most corrupt institution is at the state level. am from akwa ibom n it saddens me what governors do with states funds.we are bless both with resources n corrupt leaders, all a dem is concern about their families nothng more. one day monkey go enter mrkt but wont return back. we r watchng n God dey observe
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by bloggernaija: 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
maasoap: The last time I saw unemployment level in each state of the federation as released by the NBS, Osun State had the least number of unemployed people (may be in terms of percentage) . Then, I saw federal monthly revenue allocation to states of the federation in the dailies, both September and November allocations. Akwa Ibom state : 24 billion naira and 23 billion naira respectively. Osun state : 3 billion naira and 3 billion naira respectively. This means that Akwa Ibom state gets 288 billion naira annually while Osun state gets 36 billion naira annually. Akwa Ibom state has a population of nearly 4 million people according to 2006 census while Osun State has a population of roughly 3.5 million population.
My question is how do these governors whose states fall under Niger Delta who are beneficiaries of 13% derivation manage and utilise their mega resources on behalf of their people? In the real sense of good governance and accountability, Akwa Ibom state is not supposed to have higher rate of unemployment than Osun State.

Unless you have not been there,
There is no way akwa ibom has a population of 4 million.
Definitely not more than osun.
Uyo is not as populated as oshogbo
Ikot EPKENE is not as populated as ife.
Oron and what have you.
And you still have ilesha ,IPA orangun,ede,iwo,ESA oke and thousand of towns and settlements.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by PAT4HOT(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
Na AKPABIOmba & AKPABIOisim dat is worrying akwa ibom
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by kel4soft: 11:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
To be fair, Victor Atah former Governor of Akwa Ibom state set the ball rolling for the state. Whatever Akpabio has done to the state is just completion of a course started and nearly finished by Victor Atah with a lesser state allocation then. The only project Akpabio started and will complete is the stadium. The rest were all initiated and started by his predecessor. I remember those days, Victor was demolishing buildings in Uyo and paying compensations. People were whinning, now he may not have taken all the glory, but God will definitely reward him.

On the population of Uyo: the state is as scanty as an empty soup. Even Oyigbo is more populated than Uyo. Most of their indigenes are scattered everywhere in Nigeria.

On Osun, I learnt he (the Governor) went to the market for bonds. I hope he doesn't enslave the state for years. Anyway good works he has done.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by Brimmie(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Interesting.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by geeez: 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by maasoap(m): 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2013
bloggernaija:

Unless you have not been there,
There is no way akwa ibom has a population of 4 million.
Definitely not more than osun.
Uyo is not as populated as oshogbo
Ikot EPKENE is not as populated as ife.
Oron and what have you.
And you still have ilesha ,IPA orangun,ede,iwo,ESA oke and thousand of towns and settlements.
I don't know what you want me to say. Even I'm from Osun State, yet I can only rely on official figures.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by maasoap(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
kel4soft: To be fair, Victor Atah former Governor of Akwa Ibom state set the ball rolling for the state. Whatever Akpabio has done to the state is just completion of a course started and nearly finished by Victor Atah with a lesser state allocation then. The only project Akpabio started and will complete is the stadium. The rest were all initiated and started by his predecessor. I remember those days, Victor was demolishing buildings in Uyo and paying compensations. People were whinning, now he may not have taken all the glory, but God will definitely reward him.

On the population of Uyo: the state is as scanty as an empty soup. Even Oyigbo is more populated than Uyo. Most of their indigenes are scattered everywhere in Nigeria.

On Osun, I learnt he (the Governor) went to the market for bonds. I hope he doesn't enslave the state for years. Anyway good works he has done.
N30 billion naira so far under him.
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by tsomething: 3:01pm On Dec 29, 2013
kel4soft: To be fair, Victor Atah former Governor of Akwa Ibom state set the ball rolling for the state. Whatever Akpabio has done to the state is just completion of a course started and nearly finished by Victor Atah with a lesser state allocation then. The only project Akpabio started and will complete is the stadium. The rest were all initiated and started by his predecessor. I remember those days, Victor was demolishing buildings in Uyo and paying compensations. People were whinning, now he may not have taken all the glory, but God will definitely reward him.

Say what you know and stop lying on a public forum. Don't forget some of us in Akwa Ibom have access to the internet and can puncture your lies with facts .

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by maasoap(m): 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Re: Akwa Ibom And Osun States : Population, Allocation And Unemployment Leve by Rad1cal: 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2014

Quit your lies on Akwa Ibom.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Pic. / "Rev. Fr." Ejike Mbaka Got Only One Thing Wrong! / Segun Adewale (Aeroland) Launches Wikipedia Profile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.