Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. (7332 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Why Do Nigerians Disbelieve T.B Joshua, Chris Okafor's Miracles? See Reasons / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

The person that wrote this passage is a fool, any body that believes it is also a fool. . .No atheist does good?. ..All atheist do abominable work?. . .Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are two atheist billioniares btw them they employ close to a million people. . .They own some of the largest charity organizations in the world that are helping in eradicating polio and reversing blindness by giving back sight to the bling to corrective surgery, many blind people have been able to see through their charitable work, many have averted polio because of their work. . .So you see I have just shown you how your bible and that verse is a piece of garbage that only fools will believe in. . .

provide an animal that told you he/she knows that there is a creator. . .By the way the creator of the world is shiva the hindu goddess. . .

hehehe, i dey vex this guy badly. And to think that he was actually accusing believers as the angry ones in the initial. Anyway, na their way be that.
BTW, the Bible does not say that atheists don't do good, it says they are not good.(all humans actually). Its like having some good food in the garbage bin, those waste management trucks, those septic tanks, yummyyy. They are corrupt, go figure.
Show me two things and i will do as you requested. Show me an animal that told you there is no Creator, then show me proof that Warren and Bill are atheists. Thank you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

allah of the koran is not your god of the bible, he also saved mohammed, so what the hell are you talking about?. . .Your god is just a god idea among other god ideas, end of story. . .

What?? Tell me something new this year. allah saved Mo? Indeed, what the hell are you talking about?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 11:04am On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

hehehe, i dey vex this guy badly. And to think that he was actually accusing believers as the angry ones in the initial. Anyway, na their way be that.
BTW, the Bible does not say that atheists don't do good, it says they are not good.(all humans actually). Its like having some good food in the garbage bin, those waste management trucks, those septic tanks, yummyyy. They are corrupt, go figure.

Ohh, from atheist don't do good to all humans don't do good what exactly are you on about?. . .Atheist are corrupt, care to show us how christians are less corrupt than atheist. . .

Show me two things and i will do as you requested. Show me an animal that told you there is no Creator, then show me proof that Warren and Bill are atheists. Thank you.

You claimed that animals know that there is a creator and you want me to prove your point for you. . .I never made any claim about animals. . .
Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript .

Frost: Do you believe in the Sermon on the Mount?

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

Gates: I don't. I'm not somebody who goes to church on a regular basis. The specific elements of Christianity are not something I'm a huge believer in. There's a lot of merit in the moral aspects of religion. I think it can have a very very positive impact.

Frost: I sometimes say to people, do you believe there is a god, or do you know there is a god? And, you'd say you don't know?

Gates: In terms of doing things I take a fairly scientific approach to why things happen and how they happen. I don't know if there's a god or not, but I think religious principles are quite valid.

For Buffet here is a quote from. . .from Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist

“He did not subscribe to his family’s religion. Even at a young age he was too mathematical, too logical, to make the leap of faith. He adopted his father’s ethical underpinnings, but not his belief in an unseen divinity.” . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

What?? Tell me something new this year. allah saved Mo? Indeed, what the hell are you talking about?

Sure, he is presently in paradise with Allah. . .The hadith says so. . .He was taken into paradise on the back of a winged horse from the al'aqsar mosque. . .He was saved from the fires of hell to which you will go into for not accepting islam as the true path. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2013
Mazaje, why do you choose to waste your time with a troll, a foolish one at that?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 11:19am On Dec 30, 2013
aManFromMars: Mazaje, why do you choose to waste your time with a troll, a foolish one at that?

Nothing much to do this morning so just playing along. . .How you dey baba?. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by libero00: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje: Pls why do Nigerians get angry when you tell them you do not believe in god?. . .WHY?. . .

Very simple really, they refuse to accept any other reality than theirs. They are inwardly afraid you may be right and channel that fear in form of anger towards you. It is nothing personal; they have unfinished business in their minds in forms of questions and doubts and fears. You shake their world by your non-belief. It is the only way they know how to react.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:29am On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Ohh, from atheist don't do good to all humans don't do good what exactly are you on about?. . .Atheist are corrupt, care to show us how christians are less corrupt than atheist. . .

You claimed that animals know that there is a creator and you want me to prove your point for you. . .I never made any claim about animals. . .
Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript .

Gates was interviewed November 1995 on PBS by David Frost. Below is the transcript with minor edits.

For Buffet here is a quote from. . .from Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist

“He did not subscribe to his family’s religion. Even at a young age he was too mathematical, too logical, to make the leap of faith. He adopted his father’s ethical underpinnings, but not his belief in an unseen divinity.” . . . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

Oh, you've never heard of ALL have sinned? The fool has said there is no God. Atheists are a subset of unbelievers, understand? The above quotes are in no way saying that Warren or Bill don't beleieve in the existence of God. It simply shows that they are not the religious types or ardent church goers.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Sure, he is presently in paradise with Allah. . .The hadith says so. . .He was taken into paradise on the back of a winged horse from the al'aqsar mosque. . .He was saved from the fires of hell to which you will go into for not accepting islam as the true path. . .

Google is still free in case you cannot read a koran. Try
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090830185320AAtaIxt

also, try http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/muhammad_salvation.html

That is just to start with. You can do your research. What makes a believer not corrupt as an unbeliever is that the blood of Jesus has washed him and made him a new man. Its like formatting a corrupt file, or using an antivirus.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 11:41am On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

No contradiction. There is one God and many gods. Beside God, there is no other God. Would be stunning if you understand this line.

Is allah a god or God?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

also, try http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/muhammad_salvation.html

That is just to start with. You can do your research. What makes a believer not corrupt as an unbeliever is that the blood of Jesus has washed him and made him a new man. Its like formatting a corrupt file, or using an antivirus.

grin grin amanfrommars was right. Mazaje is only wasting his time
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

You want me to believe what you are saying about islam from christain apologist?. . . .

Mohammed according to the hadith ascended to paradise on the back of a white horse. . .That is all. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
peterphd:

Is allah a god or God?

Jehovah is the only God.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

Jehovah is the only God.

According to you. . .Accoring to Tbaba and the Koran Allah is the only God. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

You want me to believe what you are saying about islam from christain apologist?. . . .

Mohammed according to the hadith ascended to paradise on the back of a white horse. . .That is all. . .

The links give you passages from the koran, you can check them up. Yahoo is not a christian apologist, is it? Your own research that i asked you to do is not a christian apologist, is it? BTW, what hadith says what you are saying? Remember to check up those koran passages.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 12:07pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

According to you. . .Accoring to Tbaba and the Koran Allah is the only God. . .

At least, he believes in the existence of a Creator?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

The links give you passages from the koran, you can check them up. Yahoo is not a christian apologist, is it? Your own research that i asked you to do is not a christian apologist, is it? BTW, what hadith says what you are saying? Remember to check up those koran passages.

Answering islam is a christian website. . . Isra and Mi'raj is the hadith that talks about it. . .The Koranic verses have nothing to do with what you are saying. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

At least, he believes in the existence of a Creator?

That is not yours. . .Their creator is different from yours. . .And he calls yours false. . .There is no God and creator but Allah who sent Mohammed as his last messenger. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Nothing much to do this morning so just playing along. . .How you dey baba?. . .
I dey for ground o. How things? That juju trial with foly no work out?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

That is not yours. . .Their creator is different from yours. . .And he calls yours false. . .There is no God and creator but Allah who sent Mohammed as his last messenger. . .

Sure thing, he still is not in your class. And i'm sure no nigerian would be 'angry' with him as they may be with you.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
aManFromMars:
I dey for ground o. How things? That juju trial with foly no work out?

Things are going very well. . .Just the Naija craziness. .But am kind of loving it even though sometimes its very frustrating. . .As for the juju trial the soldier friend that was supposed to give me his gun to use advised me against it. Getting the gun turned out to be very difficult, I thought it was going to be very easy. .You can't just go and meet any police man or soldier and tell him/her that you want to make use his/her gun to test the efficacy of juju. It has to be some one you know very well . .I prefer using an AK 47 for the trial because it does not jam and it is very lethal. . . .Getting one in Nigeria with all the security issues is a problem, but once I get it we will do it, cos am still in Nigeria. . .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Answering islam is a christian website. . . Isra and Mi'raj is the hadith that talks about it. . .The Koranic verses have nothing to do with what you are saying. . .

http://quran.com/46

see verse 8 and 9.

Also read the koran passages given in that site. At least, you usually listen to atheists and other antichristians on christianity and the Bible. That hadith is a vision he purportedly had, he was unsure of his final destination and every good muslim is expected to be, they see it as humility.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

http://quran.com/46

see verse 8 and 9.

Also read the koran passages given in that site. At least, you usually listen to atheists and other antichristians on christianity and the Bible. That hadith is a vision he purportedly had, he was unsure of his final destination and every good muslim is expected to be, they see it as humility.

You are still talking crap, because islam is all about submiting to the will of allah. . .The concept of "salvation" in the christian sense is invalid in islam. . .Mohammed never claimed he knew whether he was going to paradise or not. . . .Just show me from the koran intead of posting aimless links. .
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by DeepSight(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

Things are going very well. . .Just the Naija craziness. .But am kind of loving it even though sometimes its very frustrating. . .As for the juju trial the soldier friend that was supposed to give me his gun to use advised me against it. Getting the gun turned out to be very difficult, I thought it was going to be very easy. .You can't just go and meet any police man or soldier and tell him/her that you want to make use his/her gun to test the efficacy of juju. It has to be some one you know very well . .I prefer using an AK 47 for the trial because it does not jam and it is very lethal. . . .Getting one in Nigeria with all the security issues is a problem, but once I get it we will do it, cos am still in Nigeria. . .

Ah, I hope you use an animal and not a human target o. Even at that, use an animal that is normally used for food such as ewu, so that when the juju fails, you can make it into isi-ewu. I will provide the beer.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by peterphd(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

Jehovah is the only God.
So why not introduce him to our Muslim brothers or he wants them to go to hell? Why did he even create other gods sef?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by honeychild(f): 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

The person that wrote this passage is a fool, any body that believes it is also a fool. . .No atheist does good?. ..All atheist do abominable work?. . .Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are two atheist billioniares btw them they employ close to a million people. . .They own some of the largest charity organizations in the world that are helping in eradicating polio and reversing blindness by giving back sight to the bling to corrective surgery, many blind people have been able to see through their charitable work, many have averted polio because of their work. . .So you see I have just shown you how your bible and that verse is a piece of . . .

shocked : mazaje wetin happen now? I would expect such language from ( you know who). Chai you have fallen my hand o.
Meanwhile on another note, your argument (about the multiplicity of gods and how do we know which if any is true) remains the only compelling argument for agnosticism (are u still an agnostic?) for which I have found no answer acceptable to me. Anyway I am going to go into full research mode now.

I must not become agnostic o!! grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Redlyn: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

Jehovah is the only God.

30-35% of the world believes in this God. And each of this 35% has their own idea of what he wants them to do.
Jehovah has massively failed to convince the majority of his own creation.
All powerful indeed.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
mazaje:

You are still talking crap, because islam is all about submiting to the will of allah. . .The concept of[b] "salvation" in the christian sense[/b] is invalid in islam. . .Mohammed never claimed he knew whether he was going to paradise or not. . . .Just show me from the koran intead of posting aimless links. .

hopefully, you now see why i said that they are not saved and their Mo was not assured of salvation. What you called aimless link is an online koran.

Sahih International
Or do they say, "He has invented it?" Say, "If I have invented it, you will not possess for me [the power of protection] from Allah at all. He is most knowing of that in which you are involved. Sufficient is He as Witness between me and you, and He is the Forgiving the Merciful."
46:9
to top

Sahih International
Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

those are Mo's words from the koran, not just some vision in some hadith.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
peterphd:
So why not introduce him to our Muslim brothers or he wants them to go to hell? Why did he even create other gods sef?

And who says i'm not or have not? You like most atheists are just shooting blanks running from pillar to post. Do you have any one important thing to say, or yet another question pulled out of the pocket?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by Image123(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Redlyn:

30-35% of the world believes in this God. And each of this 35% has their own idea of what he wants them to do.
Jehovah has massively failed to convince the majority of his own creation.
All powerful indeed.

And what has your stats got to do with anything? God has no deadline or must to prove anything to anybody. His success is not measured by marketing skills. He is eternally successful, the Almighty.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Get Angry When You Tell Them You Do Not Believe In God?. by mazaje(m): 11:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
Image123:

hopefully, you now see why i said that they are not saved and their Mo was not assured of salvation. What you called aimless link is an online koran.

Sahih International
Or do they say, "He has invented it?" Say, "If I have invented it, you will not possess for me [the power of protection] from Allah at all. He is most knowing of that in which you are involved. Sufficient is He as Witness between me and you, and He is the Forgiving the Merciful."
46:9
to top

Sahih International
Say, "I am not something original among the messengers, nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. I only follow that which is revealed to me, and I am not but a clear warner."

those are Mo's words from the koran, not just some vision in some hadith.

You have failed to show me where it i written that he will not be saved. . .He says he doesn't know what will be done with him or them. . .The passage doesn't mention after life, doesn't mention anything. . .Its possible he was talking about a situation that is different from what you want me to believe. . .Where does it state in the koran that he is not sure of going into paradise?. . .SHOW ME!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Would You Dare To Remove A Charm Placed On Your Doorstep?" / Tithe And Offering Unbiased - Pastor Bankie / What Would You Say To This Precious Woman, The Holy Mother Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.