Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,729 members, 7,820,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! (612150 Views)

Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2016 Exercise(a Case Study Of 2014 Recruitment). / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by omisakint: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
If u were In the big hall @ st charles. Quote or like dis post.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by chrisley024(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Maths? where una see am?
I only saw quantitative reasoning

2 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by chrisley024(m): 8:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
omisakint: If merit will prevail wit d exam today it won't be hard to find the best 10.
Exactly. Though I heard automatic for the best candidate while the remaining is done the Naija way.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by powermike(m): 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
remele2: No be small thing for Imo State... Our phones were collected and we started around 2
But I swear no be small exam....
Pls bro where u amogst those that wrote the first phase of the Exam at Govt college Owerri. I was told by an SSS oficial dat people dat wrote today in IMO whr ppl dat whr unable to write d exam last week Saturday 23rd is dat right?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Sam95: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Anybody that said he finished all the questions and knew what he or she did is absolutely lying. Let nobody make another person feel dumb here!

3 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by remele2(f): 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
powermike: Pls bro where u amogst those that wrote the first phase of the Exam at Govt college Owerri. I was told by an SSS oficial dat people dat wrote today in IMO whr ppl dat whr unable to write d exam last week Saturday 23rd is dat right?
Purific Lie...
Every body Der wrote d 1st one
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by FGjobs(m): 8:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
remele2:
Purific Lie...
like how many were u guys? Ansa me na...
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by FGjobs(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
But why did some states wrote only one exam nd odas two?

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by powermike(m): 8:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
remele2:
Purific Lie...
bro was it the Old exam numb that was used for the exam or a new one?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by rubber: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sam95: Anybody that said he finished all the questions and knew what he or she did is absolutely lying. Let nobody make another person feel dumb here!

#fact#.......finish ke........lol..
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mytym(m): 9:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
God bless u for this...the revision made my day
#teamOsun how market today...Unto God
omishooo: Read n search for more.......
May God crown our effort

SURE-P__ subsidy re-investment and. Empowerment programme

NEPAD__ The. New Partnership for Africa's development..

NEEDS__ National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy.........

UNHCR___ United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees

Who is d president of Ecowas
2008-2010. Umaru Yradua
2010-2012. Goodluck Ebelle Jonathan
2012 till date.  John Dramani Mahama

On d night of 14th - 15th 276 female was kidnap....

Yogoslavia was divided into which countries -Yogoslavia was divided into 7 countries

Who is the chairman of the ongoing conference- Justice Idris  Kutigi

Chibok is in Borno state, balmo forest is in where? - Balmo forest that stretches from Bauchi to Jugawa and to the precincts of Sambisa Forest in Borno State. 

Name where iron ore and limestone can be found- Anambra state

If you were president of Nigeria, how will you solve Boko Haram

1. Develop and/or Publish a Counter-Terrorism Strategy:Presently there is poor coordination between and integration of military means and political and economic objectives. There is currently no publicly known counter-terrorism strategy guiding the response to BH, and the impact of this can be seen in at least three ways: first is the chaos and confusion surrounding the government’s intention to explore a negotiated settlement by dialoguing with BH. One minute the government favours and
seeks to dialogue and grant amnesty to BH, the next minute government rules it out. There are mixed signals from the government. Second is the lack of use and coordination of military, political and economic means, yet successful counter-insurgency requires close coordination of military, political and economic means and objectives.

2. Build a new Intelligence Gathering Infrastructure – In 2012, Nigeria announced plans for a new intelligence fusion centre to coordinate, improve and integrate intelligence gathering and sharing across agencies. We need to obtain more timely and actionable intelligence from local sources in the areas affected by Boko Haram. We would also establish an office of the Special Anti-Terrorism Coordinator.

3. Improved Intelligence: The solution to preventing, limiting and responding better to BH attacks does not lie in deploying more troops but in improving intelligence and increasing force enablers. The fight against BH will be enhanced if government focuses on these two elements.

4. Improve Contingency Planning: Most major militaries around the world have plans for the major challenges they are likely to face. We need to begin to create plans and conduct training exercises that reflect the challenges we will face. In this manner. Our security apparatus will be better prepared if and when a situation arises.

5. Pursue and Align military with political (negotiated) solutions: Boko Haram is unlikely to be defeated militarily. Most insurgencies are ended through some form of negotiation. Government must develop a strategy along the lines of the policy followed by President Yar’Adua (over the MEND insurgency in the Niger Delta) at least to the extent that we use employment and other rehabilitative incentives to separate the rank and file from Boko Haram’s leadership.

6. De-radicalization Strategy: The Northern region is in urgent need of a counter-radicalization program to prevent many more young people (illiterate and unemployed) from being radicalized. Such strategies would require initiatives to counter violent extremist ideology and create positive incentives against radicalization (beyond the current focus on punitive measures – arrest, detention and killing), give voice and representation to young people in the region, etc.

7. Regionalize (ECOWAS and AU) Response: The government to solicit the operational involvement and assistance of ECOWAS and AU, including deploying multinational security operations across the Sahel to track and hunt down Boko Haram operational chain. It is clear that Boko Haram is no longer a ‘Nigeria-only’ problem, but now a regional security menace that requires regional responses.

8. Effective information management and strategic communication: The government needs to reform the way information is released and managed on Boko Haram. This goes beyond official information management and government agencies to include working with print, electronic and online media organizations, and local (grassroots) information channels.

9. Economic Development Plan for Northern Nigeria: The proposed recovery fund for the North East is grossly inadequate window dressing. A real and massive effort is needed. Clearly more financial resources are needed. Economic revival goes beyond providing substantial funds – it has to be guided by clear objectives, roles of public and private sectors and civil society groups, and must include social (education, health, religion, culture and traditional institutions), environmental, and political aspects, in addition to economic issues.

10. Involve civilian peace building organizations (military and police cannot build peace): Uniformed personnel are never peace builders. The government needs to urgently involve local and international peace building organizations, including NGOs, CSOs, etc. to design peace building initiatives for the NE.

Conclusion

Our nation stands on the rim of crisis. A stupendous national disaster beckons. But this current leadership can help avert disaster if they wake up to what true governance is. The time for excuses and half-measures is long past. The well being of the nation hangs in the balance. If we do not act decisively, the demands of the moment will find us wanting and history will issue a terrible verdict against us. We seek to protect this nation and her children. We seek to establish a legacy that shows the feats to which this nation can aspire when it stands united and strong against the threat of evil. We seek to make Nigeria a land where no one will ever have to demand that our girls be returned because in a better, more secure Nigeria they never will be taken!

Thank you and God bless this nation!

How to control flood

Improving Drainage

Improving water drainage helps control floods by facilitating easy flow of excess water, especially in urban areas during flash floods. Drainage efficacy can be improved by rehabilitating and cleaning water drainage systems, including removing debris and solid waste from drainage systems like storm drains and French drains, de-silting trenches and underground water channels and building galleys. Effective drainage systems can ensure flood waters find a clear waterway, leading to non-risk areas.

Harvesting Rain Water

Harvesting rainwater involves collecting and storing rainwater and can not only prevent floods, it can also curb urban water scarcity. Harvested rain water can be cleaned for human consumption and distributed to people in rural areas, as well as urban areas in times of water scarcity. Rain water harvesting is carried out in different ways, including building ponds, storm drains, water retention basins and flood-control dams.

Building Dikes and Levees

Dikes and levees are flood-control structures built to fight river flooding and water surges. Dikes and levees restrain rivers during floods by providing artificial water channels that prevent runoffs from bursting floodplains. Floodplains are natural waterways that carry excess river water during heavy rainfall. Dike engineers/constructors alter and develop floodplains by building dikes and levees to boost flood-prevention when floodplains well up.

Building Canals

Canals are artificial water channels that can be crucial to flood prevention. Canals facilitate control of water levels passing through, and form linear reservoirs and water locks. During flooding, excess water is channeled through canals to non-risk areas further downstream or to other areas with high demand for water, such as arid and semi-arid areas. Canals can also be used to lock excess flood waters in its linear reservoirs to prevent flooding and store water for future use.

As regards to d information I got , I tink dis will help .......
Best of luck my fellow nairalander.

Osun pple any invite?

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by sulubabs: 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
#teamLagos. See as we just lockup for the thread... 80 GMATs questions with 2 essays.. I neva get myself since I finish the exam..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mytym(m): 9:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Julietta34:
Mine is also at Ataoja School of Science by 7am
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by oppsymos(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
mytym: God bless u for this...the revision made my day
#teamOsun how market today...Unto God
That's true,the guy realy tried for us

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by boyo44: 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
emlilshady: LOL!!the exam no be here oh!!but thank God I finished/attempted all!!!!!! @ list, I'm very sure of my maths part.

but anyways, trust me... I finished everything. and I thank God for taking me to the next level.
I always love your courage even if all na babaade method. u be witch Hw u go finish dat question successfully. I prayed I Dnt meet dat kind of exam again. I never recover from the shock.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by AdekunleIG(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ehimax:
wat was the essay questions ?

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by kixo(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
SSS try oo, in Edo state, we started our exams by 8pm, we used candles and torchlight to write our exams...its well, no matter what, I see myself in camp, I refused to be deterred by those questions
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Ayo25: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Akwa-Ibom peeps have disappeared from this thread.... The test knocked everyone off their perch I guess... Ahah!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by lorRhyMeZ: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Davidbee:

Like seriously, someone wants me to leak dss question on socail media. Who does dat undecided

Hahahahahahahaha...if not Nigerians,who else would? Best of luck jare grin

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by lorRhyMeZ: 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
Y e b like say kogi people no write na? Wetin dey yapin? grin
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by siverspooon(m): 10:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
did anybody write in Enugu ?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by jamoyakz: 10:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
lorRhyMeZ: Y e b like say kogi people no write na? Wetin dey yapin? grin

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Emmysteve(m): 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
You people are still on this SSS We wrote the exams around July at Lokoja , never even care to know if the results is released or not. The question were quite tough i must say. Na as the spirit directs style i use finish the question. If dem like make dem pick me, if dem like make dem no pik me. I no mind. Moving on!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by zexzy(f): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
sss just messed up o, imagine i just got home now becos we started our exam in edo by 8pm and finished some minutes to 10.pm.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by istanboi: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
#TEAMABIA whr una dy? The test was beyond my expectation. Even if u give me 10hrs I won't get all the questions right. Twas really tough but GOD dy shaa

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by powermike(m): 12:01am On Aug 29, 2014
cry
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by powermike(m): 12:06am On Aug 29, 2014
God is good, am so happy cox my brova made it tru, Abj at the corner we smell u. Nigeria ill surly become a better place once thngs are done via merit. Heard only very few whr selected frm Imo nd majority was on merit. Hopefully by nxt week details of successful applicants including Exam Nos ill b forwarded to Abuja, I like the fact that the Exam No used for d first Phase was still the exam no also used to write this second phase exam. Wishn u all at this stage the strength to make ur nation proud!............Team Imo I Salute!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by chrisley024(m): 12:12am On Aug 29, 2014
powermike: God is good, am so happy cox my brova made it tru, Abj at the corner we smell u. Nigeria ill surly become a better place once thngs are done via merit. Heard only very few whr selected frm Imo nd majority was on merit. Hopefully by nxt week details of successful applicants including Exam Nos ill b forwarded to Abuja, I like the fact that the Exam No used for d first Phase was still the exam no also used to write this second phase exam. Wishn u all at this stage the strength to make ur nation proud!............Team Imo I Salute!
How did you know he made it through?.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Ehimax(m): 3:44am On Aug 29, 2014
AdekunleIG:

undecided
AdekunleIG:

undecided
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by anaswellington(m): 4:40am On Aug 29, 2014
Edo sss exam came like drama to us, imagine we come to the venue at about 0800hrs which is 8am even some of us were their b4 7: 25am, u will not believed that we waited until 6:30pm before they gave us sheet of paper and we started at 7pm to 8:40pm. The questions were not what we expected from them, imagine no current affairs as usual and the question where difficult even self majority did not finish their question and I dnt know if they will used the exam oh. Nigeria is no longer nigeria oh. @ other state how was ur exam over There?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Ayo25: 6:37am On Aug 29, 2014
Everyone was upbeat before the test, who is now? Ahah.... Next stage pls.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by obiksam(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2014
istanboi: #TEAMABIA whr una dy? The test was beyond my expectation. Even if u give me 10hrs I won't get all the questions right. Twas really tough but GOD dy shaa
No be small thing oooh na 2baba talk am. Im in umuahia senatoral zone which zone where you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (220) (Reply)

Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.