Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! (612275 Views)

Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2016 Exercise(a Case Study Of 2014 Recruitment). / Diamond Bank 2014 Recruitment. / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army 2014 Recruitment Screening Announced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by lorRhyMeZ: 6:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
flamesjay: what held u from making 2:1

Because I went to the university to learn n b good at what I studied..not make First class or 2nd upper..I didn't set them as my priorities...and for the record,I don't think there is any question a 2:1 student from my field would solve that I wudnt...

3 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
femidejulius:

Na lie. If those 2:2 are more smart and brilliant, why couldn't dey make first class or 2:1? Unless you talk of private universities in Nigeria, 2:1 and first class graduates are academically much better than the 2:2 or third class graduates
Why are you excluding private universities? If we are talking of Nigeria graduates, we'll talk all. So see it from that angle. I came out with 2'1 from unilag but I don't see those with 2'2 as dullard because circumstances warranted some graduates to found themselves on 2'2 honor.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2014
flamesjay: even in academic quality 2:1 is far better than 2:2. If you talk of smart what prevented the person from making 1:1 or 2:1. Their class of degree were measured by quality in education
Not all class of honors (2'1 & 1'1) are measured by quality of their academic. This is social network, it wouldn't be fair revealing some facts (with prove) about some schools here. In a nutshell most students buy their way out.

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by flamesjay(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
poundsmaker: Not all class of honors (2'1 & 1'1) are measured by quality of their academic. This is social network, it wouldn't be fair revealing some facts (with prove) about some schools here. In a nutshell most students buy their way out.
I quite agree with you that some bought theirs. There are others who got 2:1 or 1:1 by hardwork, giving enough time to their studies. Those who got upper class by hardwork and merit are more smart than 2:2 because they were tested with same measurement (exams, quiz, term paper, test etc).
It is proven in the universities within and outside Nigeria that 2:1 by merit is a great honour; Latin called it magna cum laude. Also, virtually all lecturers who are good are 1:1 or 2:1. So, to get lecturing job as graduate assistant in reputable university, one must have 2:1 or 1:1
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mattogbe2(m): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
Edo peeps a friend need advice. He wrote is name and details on his answer booklet but after answerin his questions he 4got to write his name on the printed question paper due to time. But he placed his printed paper witin the answer booklet that has his name and which kind of acted as a back cover to the printed one. Tho they told him not to worry but he is still scared. Needs advice
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by akanbiaa(m): 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
mattogbe2: Edo peeps a friend need advice. He wrote is name and details on his answer booklet but after answerin his questions he 4got to write his name on the printed question paper due to time. But he placed his printed paper witin the answer booklet that has his name and which kind of acted as a back cover to the printed one. Tho they told him not to worry but he is still scared. Needs advice
name was to be written on only the answer booklet and not question paper
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mattogbe2(m): 8:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
So he's go nothin to worry about? Besides as stated did he submit his sheets well?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
flamesjay: I quite agree with you that some bought theirs. There are others who got 2:1 or 1:1 by hardwork, giving enough time to their studies. Those who got upper class by hardwork and merit are more smart than 2:2 because they were tested with same measurement (exams, quiz, term paper, test etc).
It is proven in the universities within and outside Nigeria that 2:1 by merit is a great honour; Latin called it magna cum laude. Also, virtually all lecturers who are good are 1:1 or 2:1. So, to get lecturing job as graduate assistant in reputable university, one must have 2:1 or 1:1
That's exactly what I'm talking about, some bought their way out while some worked hard for it. And as regarding the lecturing offer you're talking about, it's fact. But I personally know that 2'2 lecturers are good in the aspect of delivering lectures while 2'1 and 1'1 are ONLY good in research.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Abdulforever(m): 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hello guyz this is a very important message I want to deliver to you guyz do not worry the exams is over and u have did what u could do so don't belame anybody that's just the naija nature of recruitment is not the first time we have seen this it happens in immigiraton, nigerian Army short service and I remember even NIA exams was worster than this but pple still scare through so don't just pray and do ur little follow-up if u can because merit list will be there for sure but the remaining will 50% connects and pls note don't give anybody kobo in the name of helping you because dey are all Scammers for any reliable info add me on wats-app 08099443607 then we talk. Wish everyone that write best of Lucks hope to see you in Interview stage
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
poundsmaker: Lolzzzz, na lie. Don't use your personal ability to justify others. Most 2'2 graduates are far better than 2'1 even some 1st class honors.
I'm not judging,read my post well,no matter how good a 2.2 grad is,he can not be called to write test in big firms,oil coys,therefore having no experience on this type of exams,my comment is based on the exams and the state of our country,I agree with the fact that some 2.2 are better than 2.1 and perhaps 1.1 grad according to you.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by lieutAliyu(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=Giannakopoulos] I'm not judging,read my post well,no matter how good a 2.2 grad is,he can not be called to write test in big firms,oil coys,therefore having no experience on this type of exams,my comment is based on the exams and the state of our country,I agree with the fact that some 2.2 are better than 2.1 and perhaps 1.1 grad according to you

what are you saying?i do quite agree with the fact that 2.2 is not good enough but don't tell me 2.2 don't get iv from big firms for an aptitude test or is First Bank, Union bank that small to u,the key is having a nicely drafted CV and keeping abreast of what is happening around you.

To those still in school...###Team2.1willgetutherefaster#####

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 11:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Giannakopoulos: I'm not judging,read my post well,no matter how good a 2.2 grad is,he can not be called to write test in big firms,oil coys,therefore having no experience on this type of exams,my comment is based on the exams and the state of our country,I agree with the fact that some 2.2 are better than 2.1 and perhaps 1.1 grad according to you.
Agreed, but it's because most employers don't give them the chances of displaying their skills and technical ability in their field of discipline.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by femidejulius(m): 11:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
poundsmaker: Why are you excluding private universities? If we are talking of Nigeria graduates, we'll talk all. So see it from that angle. I came out with 2'1 from unilag but I don't see those with 2'2 as dullard because circumstances warranted some graduates to found themselves on 2'2 honor.

I intentionally excluded private universities because almost all of them are glorified secondary schools. Unless you are a total dullard, u should have at least a 2:1 in dos schs.
As for your having a 2:1 from the university, I can't help but wonder y u will think dos with 2:2 are probably better than u. If u must know, I worked very hard to earn my own class of degree. I won't be specific here but I don't have less than a 2:1. In my own department when in sch, all dos with 2:2 ain't academically better than I was.

For dos who believes students probably buy marks to earn at least a 2:1, I think it is almost impossible to do dt(unless the student involved is academically brilliant and just need a few marks to qualify for the 2:1 grade). CGPA's calculations start right from the first year. Therefore, even in a corrupt school, before a student can start having his way (start buying marks), he would have got to the second semester of 200L and even from den till graduation, not all lecturers can be bought. So if dt students has already has very poor grades, there's no way d situation can be salvaged. Such students will nvr end up with a 2:1 or first class.

I dare anyone with a contrary view to reply me
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by thorpsy22: 11:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
How shalow is ur reasoning..so u hv neva heard of 1.1 or 2.1 student dat cheated tru out dere school days witout bin cut or dose dat buy every single question paper b4 dere exams or dose dat rewrite dere exams at d comfort of dere home zone abi na gp upgrading.. U must hv bin a nerd during ur school days.. I no blame u [quote author=femidejulius]
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2014
XO

4 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 30, 2014
XO

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Emeca: 12:16am On Aug 30, 2014
Giannakopoulos: To get a job in this country now is very competitive,you must buy and practise GMAT-styled questions everyday as we saw yesterday,though most of 1.1 and 2.1 grads that wrote the exams didn't find it too strange bc they hv experience writing it for employments in Oil/Gas and other big firms,but for most 2.2 grads,it was like magic to them. The bottom line is: if you want to be employed, go back and study all mathematics topics (0' level) very well,buy GMAT text,practise everyday or you may never get a job,the way Nigeria is going( except for grads in medical field). The only other way you can have a job without doing the latter is,having a very influential person @ the aim of affairs. Thank you!

You are the one dat sparked dis useless argument abt grades. Sumtin dat has no relevance to this thread. GMAT is not Neurology and ANYONE that has a good grasp of basics involved and pays attention to detail can tackle it. The most important tin is practise, not grades.

Right Topic, Wrong Thread!

3 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Kioprospect: 12:38am On Aug 30, 2014
name was to be written in both
akanbiaa: name was to be written on only the answer booklet and not question paper
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Kioprospect: 12:46am On Aug 30, 2014
TRAINING bro,,,, that is why you go for about 9 months training and after the training you get better from experience!!!
HugoLee: LOL! I find it hilarious when I hear so called 1.1 and 2.1 graduates speaking atrocious english. I don't want to embarrass anybody by quoting their horrendous grammatical errors. You see, the truth is many 2.1 graduates either buy their grades or achieve them by memorizing textbooks and lecture notes (I'm pretty sure that's what you meant by 'hardworking'). That's why most of them have the theoretical knowledge but can't utilise it in everyday life (as seen on an episode of Chuck). Of course there are those who actually excel through sheer brilliance and dedication to their studies, but they're in the minority.
Now let's relate this issue of competence to the DSS recruitment. I posses B.A(Russian), an Advanced Executive Certificate in Criminology and I'm currently preparing to write my Oracle Certified Professional exam. Please tell me this, who is more qualified to be a DSS operative, me or somebody who crammed his way through University? Many of you don't realise that majority of the successful cadets will be field operatives. What good is being able to recite the periodic table offhand going to do when you're surrounded by hostile enemies? The truth is most academically sound individuals hardly ever make good field operatives because they're not very good strategists/tacticians. I'm 100% sure the average 2.1 graduate would panic instead of contemplating evasive manoeuvres.
I'm in no way suggesting 2.2 graduates are better than their 2.1 counterparts. All I'm saying is most of you are either SU or geeks ill-suited for combat/protective assignments.
My people please stop placing so much emphasis on your class of degree. Instead ask yourself what you actually have to offer. The answer you get may shock you.

2 Likes

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Kioprospect: 12:53am On Aug 30, 2014
You seem not to understand. What he means is that 2.1 and 1.1 graduates are more used to GMAT exams because most companies only invite them (ie 2.1 and 1.1) to take their recruitment tests! Whats the need of practicing GMAT when you hardly or never get to write it?
Emeca:

You are the one dat sparked dis useless argument abt grades. Sumtin dat has no relevance to this thread. GMAT is not Neurology and ANYONE that has a good grasp of basics involved and pays attention to details can tackle it. The most important tin is practise, not grades.

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 30, 2014
XO
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by femidejulius(m): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2014
thorpsy22: How shalow is ur reasoning..so u hv neva heard of 1.1 or 2.1 student dat cheated tru out dere school days witout bin cut or dose dat buy every single question paper b4 dere exams or dose dat rewrite dere exams at d comfort of dere home zone abi na gp upgrading.. U must hv bin a nerd during ur school days.. I no blame u

I think I finally figured out what your real problems are. You must have attended a very unserious and highly corrupt institution where absolutely all your lecturers are up for sale. I do also have no doubt your institution encouraged cheating during exams. These has therefore made ur thinking very shallow and packed with sentiments against the virtues of hardwork, diligence and dedication to one's studies. I fortunately happened to attend a more reputable institution whereby even though there's evidences of corruption in the system, it hasn't gotten to these facts(dt occurs in ur institution) u raised here and probably never will.

No wonder people like you believes u can buy your way to get a 2:1 or a first class. Going by your submissions above, perhaps they even pay to graduate with a 2:2 and third class in your former institution of learning

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Pasche1: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
omisakint: If u were In the big hall @ st charles. Quote or like dis post.
Do you mean 1st 200 hall, dere I was
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Emeca:

You are the one dat sparked dis useless argument abt grades. Sumtin dat has no relevance to this thread. GMAT is not Neurology and ANYONE that has a good grasp of basics involved and pays attention to details can tackle it. The most important tin is practise, not grades.

I wonder if you can read and understand,read what @KIOPROSPECT is writing to you,from your comment it shows your critical reasoning section was poor!!!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by poundsmaker(m): 8:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Case close!!! Focus on the purpose of this thread. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant before I graduated but never look down on people.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by flamesjay(m): 8:25am On Aug 30, 2014
To settle this arguement of superiority class of degree, lets take this simple approach: If you graduated with a 2:2 kindly take a look at someone who had 2:1(by merit) whom you graduated with in your department and see if you are more intelligent than the person. Case closed!
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by mattrandb: 8:35am On Aug 30, 2014
Pls pals,does anyone knw if Benue av written dias?
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by Ayo25: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Abuja is taking their test today I guess
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by omisakint: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2014
Pasche1: Do you mean 1st 200 hall, dere I was

Lol. The first 292

1 Like

Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by ADEREMISANMI: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2014
omisakint:

Lol. The first 292
where d female staff askd u 2 go and buy gala , a man also came 2 check his son...
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by ADEREMISANMI: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2014
I want contributions of every 1 here, is it true dat dss wnt to recruit only 10 cadets in each state? Tell us d source of ur info.
Re: SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! by akanbiaa(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Kioprospect: name was to be written in both
in OSUN it's an offense to write anything on the question paper and Infact question papers were submitted separated from the answer booklets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (220) (Reply)

Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 / Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.