Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,372 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. (2359 Views)

'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / My Parents Are Driving Me Crazy! / My Wife Over Spiritual Orientation Is Driving Me Nuts!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2013
::
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
You should expect such tinz frm a polygamous home.
Dnt tink a divorce is even gonna move him.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by PezzoNovante(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sorry about ur predicament, but u chose to be a second Wife...
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2013
My kids are my main concern now.

I decided to delete my initial post cos i'm scared of people insulting me. Words get to me easily.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by jumzzy448: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op, how do u want us to help you when you are not telling us anything.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
Sister,

Not sure why you want to leave him. Is it because he has three wives or is it because of the silent treatment or the control?

Trust me in a polygamous setting, your rights are always limited, because he has to treat all his wives the same way. So if you do not want him to control you anymore, the other wives will demand the same thing and then the house becomes chaotic. So he needs to control everyone. On the other hand the man can afford to dish out the silent treatment on you because he has two other wives he can talk to and you will feel left out. Moreover you are not working.

Bottom line is that choosing to marry into a polygamous setting has some problems and you are just seeing them. It is mostly the same in other polygamous settings so do not blame your husband too much. Either you want to remain with him or you want to opt out, but I dont think he will change soon because you need him more than he needs you!
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by greatgod2012(f): 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2013
How can we advise when we can't see the original post?

However, i saw somewhere in one of the comments that you are the second wife out of 3 wives, well, if that is the case, there's no much you can do, you were satisfied with the situation before venturing into it, it's either you continue enduring or you opt out, because unnecessary dramas can't solve any problem in such circumstances, why? He already has divided attention.
May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by PezzoNovante(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2013
powdermakeup123: My kids are my main concern now.

I decided to delete my initial post cos i'm scared of people insulting me. Words get to me easily.
My reply wasn't meant to insult u.., so u need not delete ur post cos u could get some nice advice...

That aside, lemme say that all marriages got ups and downs. To solve a problem, u need to know the source of d problem.

However, I don't think you are telling us all that we need to know.

*Cheers

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by jumzzy448: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2013
Op don deactivate acc. This is so serious.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2013
powdermakeup123:

I don't blame you jare. You made the right move.

However if you're reading this, I'd follow Greatgod's advice. It is well with you and your children.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by skfa1: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ OP

Trust me I wont insult you even if I see that post. From the little comments I saw, the options available for you is to either "continue" or opt "out".

Dont expect that man to change cos it is a polygamous family, you know what that means.

Thanks.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Princesszoe: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2013
Madam is unfortunate that i could not see your inital post before you deactivated it. Am going to be judicious based on the what people commented here. I am able to learn that you are a second wife to your husband. My advise is simple. If you are really a second wife and you know fully well that the first wife is alive and still leaves with the man, you need to walk away from that marriage. Are you a christian? If the answer is yes, please divorce him and wait for your own man with faith. You should get married to a man who will have you as his only wife. That is the standard of marriage in christianity. Logically, monogamy is far better than polygamy. Polygamy has more of envy, diabolism, cheatings, hatred, favouritism, greedy e.t.c in it. The practise has never really been an easy one. You may also want to ask God for more ideas, wisdom and instincts on what to do but you must leave that marriage and look for your own man.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by Wislet(f): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Who is this OP really?

Sometimes I think this person just writes things to get people to comment.

At one time u had sexkillz's signature, then u deleted it wen I saw that, some time ago ur account was deactivated which made ur moniker unclickable.

One moment u sound and post like u're a guy, now u're female.

Hmmmm. Carry on anyway. Not gonna spoil ur hustle.
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by EfemenaXY: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^ Lol @ not gonna spoil his/her/its hustle! cheesy
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by catherinemarcel: 11:30am On Nov 18, 2015
(HOW I GOT BACK MY HUSBAND AFTER DIVORCE)
I got married to my husband George Ariel in March 2006 with 2 kids, our marriage has always been ups and down as his family never supported our marriage and kept pressuring him to file for a divorce, 4 months ago he finally succumbed to their wish and filed for a divorce, i did all i could to stop him but all to no avail we finally separated on September 17th, i couldn't imagine by life without him, i was totally devastated and betrayed until i saw a post in a love forum about a re-union love spell caster from South Africa, who cast re-union love spell to re-unite broken relationships and marriages, i contacted him via his email ikedispiritualtemple@gmail.com and he did a re-union love spell through the effect of my photo and my husband's photo and my husband came back to me and apologized within 72 hours (3 days), my family is back again. Contact this love spell caster for your marriage or relationship problems via his email ikedispiritualtemple@gmail.com
Re: My Husband Is Driving Me Nut. I Want A Divorce. by simpleseyi: 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
Princesszoe:
Madam is unfortunate that i could not see your inital post before you deactivated it. Am going to be judicious based on the what people commented here. I am able to learn that you are a second wife to your husband. My advise is simple. If you are really a second wife and you know fully well that the first wife is alive and still leaves with the man, you need to walk away from that marriage. Are you a christian? If the answer is yes, please divorce him and wait for your own man with faith.[b] You should get married to a man who will have you as his only wife. That is the standard of marriage in christianity. Logically, monogamy is far better than polygamy. Polygamy has more of envy, diabolism, cheatings, hatred, favouritism, greedy [/b]e.t.c in it. The practise has never really been an easy one. You may also want to ask God for more ideas, wisdom and instincts on what to do but you must leave that marriage and look for your own man.

So, David, Solomon, Abraham e.t.c were evil in our eyes. Where in the bible did god say that polygamy is evil? Please quote God's words and not what some earlier christian convert wrote.

(1) (Reply)

Jealous Woman Arrested For Allegedly beating and Pouring Hot Liquid On Rival / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men Should Do About It / Do You Remember This, How Old Were You Then?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.