Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures (7245 Views)

LIST Of Prominent Nigerians Named In Panama Papers Leak / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Photos: Unhappy and Mean-Looking Faces Of Prominent Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hello fellow Nairalanders, I recently travelled to Otukpo, the "Mega City" of the Idoma tribe of Benue state for the yuletide and was grossly perplexed at the alarming level of poverty and under-development. Otukpo is the headquarters of the Zone C senatorial district of Benue State with the current President of the Senate, Mr. David Mark as its senator since 1999. Prominent Nigerians of Idoma Extraction who reside Permanently or partly (own property) in this poverty ravaged "Mega City" popularly known as "Texas" due to the scorching sun, smoky and dusty clime include; The current senate President, Mr. David Mark ( Former gov. of Niger & minister of telecommunication), Gen. Lawrence Onoja (former gov. of Plateau & Katsina), Chief Ameh Ebuteh (Former Senate President), Mr. Abba Moro (current Interior Minister), Gen Chris Garba ( former Bauchi state gov, chief of staff 1998-1999), Chief Jerry Agada (Former Minister of State; Education), Mr. Audu Ogbe (former PDP national chairman), Gen. G. Ejiga, Mr. Obande Obeya (The then OBJ campaign Manager of Middle-Belt), Chief Stephen Lawani ( current Deputy gov.), Engr Benson Aboonu, Sir Abu Obe, Chief B.O. Attah. Top celebrities and legends like Bonkos Igwe, Tuface Innocent Idibia, Gabriel Amanyi AKA Terry G, Black Face, Ada Ameh, Sixfoot plus etc. Evidently, Otukpo is house to a good number of past and present prominent men, women, public servants and celebrities. Apart from the fact that residence of this sleazy "City" scrounges to feed, the roads and streets are in a moribund state. The dusty roofs and walls are facts to buttress my statement. Over 70% of the residence of Otukpo share pit latrine with neigbhours and uses unhealthy wells as their major source of drinking water. I am most saddened and traumatized because these elite with all their political clout and financial wherewithal have vehemently refused to leap-frog this "town" from its present state of squalor to the much envisaged affluence. This peace loving people have waited stoically for development, but this lofty vision remains a mirage. It is against this backdrop that I wish to bring where these "empty" elites dwell to the public domain. I know some myopic and disillusioned dudes and wench of my Idoma extraction whose sense of reasoning have being distorted and constricted by protracted pride will flood this thread with rebuttal and vitriolic attacks on me, but before you do that, think of your poor mother farming in Edumoga forest, toiling day and night in the now comatose rice mill. Up-loaded pictures will be in this order. 1, Railway Crossing 2, Enugu Road roundabout 3, Water Board

God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by 3coins(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
lugubrious

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2013
grin
3coins: lugubrious
na vex wan kill me my brother!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by rafindo(m): 4:58pm On Dec 30, 2013
I ask should stealing from the national coffers to develope their respective village, the best way to show how patriotic they are to the town.nigeria is truly a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Fhemmmy: 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
rafindo: I ask should stealing from the national coffers to develope their respective village, the best way to show how patriotic they are to the town.nigeria is truly a joke.

Do you understand the meaning of being a senator or the house of rep and the rest at all? Cos if you do, you would know that these fellas were sent to represent their constituents and apart from spending what has been looted on their home town, at least they ought to represent the people and help with some sort of development.

5 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2013
More pix 4, Otukpa street 5, Akpa Street 6, St pauls second sch. The most interesting pix are larger than 200kb as specified by Nailandland, so will re size and upload them soon.

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by 3coins(m): 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
ebucha: ;Dna vex wan kill me my brother!
angry
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by zeelo2014: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
New GRA

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014: New GRA
chai. May God help us.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Ngwakwe: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Upload the Poverty sharp sharp.

I want to see snapshots of the 'no do good creature' called Poverty on the road.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Akume now a progressive politician spent 8yrs doing nothing, Suswan is there doing nothing. David Mark is also doing nothing. My guy nothing + nothing + nothing = nothing

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by adconline(m): 5:36pm On Dec 30, 2013
Is this different from typical Naija village?

3 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
Professor Peter: Akume now a progressive politician spent 8yrs doing nothing, Suswan is there doing nothing. David Mark is also doing nothing. My guy nothing + nothing + nothing = nothing
my brother!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2013
14 straight uninterrupted years of PDP rule in benue State.

Fresh air things

4 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline: Is this different from typical Naija village?
tell them jarre
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 5:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
dayokanu: 14 straight uninterrupted years of PDP rule in benue State.

Fresh air things
Smoky and dusty air honestly!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Henrypraise: 5:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
If u ar complainin from otukpo/ benue were farmin is d main source of revenue, lemme creat a tread and complain from yokri/ obotobo/ soukobolou in Delta state were u will find 3 flow stations and about 40 oil well heads... Des pple ova here still av pple in d federal, state n local governments and even celebrities. I tink we ar a pratical example of George Orwells animal farm

3 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Osama10(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
What a shame!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Gogetta(m): 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
This one na GRA?! Pity!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by vizboy(m): 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
ha ha ha falls from Garri tree
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by vizboy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
cant just stop laughing
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
vizboy: ha ha ha falls from Garri tree
garri tree qua! No kill me with laf here oh!

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Arosa(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
It's like there is no government here. so deprived and dusty.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by rafindo(m): 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Do you understand the meaning of being a senator or the house of rep and the rest at all? Cos if you do, you would know that these fellas were sent to represent their constituents and apart from spending what has been looted on their home town, at least they ought to represent the people and help with some sort of development.
.by looting from the national coffer.threads like these contribute the ever growing political phrase like 'chop i chop',our turn,wat has he done for his town to warrant.they should loot the nation inorder to become performers.nnewi,aba,agbo are examples of villages-town- to small city(according to nigeria standard).just give me 1 reason i should not steal from the nation in order to make my town a londön

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by TVTKOKO(m): 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
LITTLE WONDER THEY GO TO ANOTHER MANS LAND AND CALL IT "A NO-MAN's LAND" S M H
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by asha80(m): 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
TVT KOKO: LITTLE WONDER THEY GO TO ANOTHER MANS LAND AND CALL IT "A NO-MAN's LAND" S M H
you are targetting a group of people with this statement unfortunately you do not know the ethnic groups in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Sermwell(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
rafindo: .by looting the of the national coffer.threads like these contribute the ever growing political phrase like 'chop i chop',our turn,wat has he done for his town to warrant.they should loot the nation inorder to become performers.nnewi,aba,agbo are examples of villages-town- to small city(according to nigeria standard).just give me 1 reason i should not steal from the nation in ur to make my town a londön
My friend will you shut that your dirty mandibles up?? Are you saying this politicians mentioned were unable to develop their constituencies because they didn't loot?? You don't have any justification for their incompetence! So shatap dia!!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
rafindo: .by looting the of the national coffer.threads like these contribute the ever growing political phrase like 'chop i chop',our turn,wat has he done for his town to warrant.they should loot the nation inorder to become performers.nnewi,aba,agbo are examples of villages-town- to small city(according to nigeria standard).just give me 1 reason i should not steal from the nation in ur to make my town a londön

When you look into the mirror, you are the only one that could chose what you wanna see . . . There is nothing wrong in people representing the town doing something for the town, i am so sure that some of the mentioned names probably graduated from that school in the pix . . .

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2013
asha 80: you are targetting a group of people with this statement unfortunately you do not know the ethnic groups in nigeria.
foolishness is written all over his comment that is how tribalism have becloud their sense of reasoning

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
adconline: Is this different from typical Naija village?

Is Otukpo a VILLAGE

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by anonimi: 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2013
dayokanu: 14 straight uninterrupted years of PDP rule in benue State.
Fresh air things

You seem to need a memory refresh so I will help you out:

George Akume (born 27 December 1953) is the Minority Leader of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and served as the Governor of Benue State from 1999 t0 2007. He is the first Executive Governor of Benue State to have completed two terms in office. He was elected governor of Benue State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party and was then elected to the Senate.[1] Akume was reelected Senator for Benue North West in the April 2011 elections, running on the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) platform.[2]

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Akume

I guess since ACN/APC is full of the rejected excreta and faeces of PDP, this should not be a surprise. Or should it

8 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
anonimi: You seem to need a memory refresh so I will help you out:

I guess since ACN/APC is full of the rejected excreta and faeces of PDP, this should not be a surprise. Or should it

Which party has ruled Benue since 1999, 14yrs straight?

ACN has never ruled Benue for one day In case you need to refresh your memory

George Akume (born 27 December 1953) is the Minority Leader of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and served as the Governor of Benue State from 1999 t0 2007. He is the first Executive Governor of Benue State to have completed two terms in office. He was elected governor of Benue State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party and was then elected to the Senate.[1] Akume was reelected Senator for Benue North West in the April 2011 elections, running on the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) platform.[2]

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paradigm Initiative Writes NCC, Demands Fol Request On Blocked EndSARS Websites / PDP Guber Candidate Welcomes Atiku To Zamfara / LASG Threaten To Shut Clubs That Allow Drugs, Firearms, Collaborates With NDLEA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.