Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures (7252 Views)

LIST Of Prominent Nigerians Named In Panama Papers Leak / Shocking Photos From The Recaptured Town Of Damasak, Borno State / Photos: Unhappy and Mean-Looking Faces Of Prominent Nigerian Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by gramci: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
atlwireles:

Is drinking garri different from garri for eba. You people will not kill me here. grin grin grin grin grin

so na garri to drink be your problem
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva: It still beats me why our structure in Nigeria is still the way it is when things would have gotten better under a decentralised system whereby states and towns will have their own leadership like it is in the US. if we had Mayors running these towns, towns like otukpo won't look the way they do.

You can say that again. In as much as I hate Akpabio for other reasons, I will commend him for his road transformation in Akwa Ibom State. I take ferry from Utawa, Ikot Abasi to Opobo. I will tell you, the road networks in that village with walkways in a semi-town is something worth emulating. Even my Governor(Amaechi) tried something similar in Ogoni villages but Ikot Abasi is slightly ahead with those walkways
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by atlwireles: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2013
gramci:

so na garri to drink be your problem

I did not say that. I only asked, if there was a difference between garri for eba and the one for drinking.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by zeelo2014: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
Sloan: @Post, Idomas are from Oturkpo. An ex was from there and she was fine joor! grin
They are 3 major tribes in Benue; Tiv,Idoma,Igede. Otukpo indigenes are majorly Idomas then few other tribes mostly Igedes.The Igedes are mostly from Oju local government. For those saying that those prominent men can't do much,that's a big lie. Nobody expects a sleepy town like Otukpo to have beautiful mansions dotted all over,we are saying these so-called big boys can influence the siting of basic social amenities such as pipe-borne water,major routes should be in good condition,good health care etc. It will interest u to know that the road from Makurdi to Otukpo is in bad condition even David Mark flies into his compound with chopper most times. The road from Enugu-otukpo Express especially the ugbokolo,otukpa... Parts are in despicable state. Water is a major problem in otukpo,can u believe that in 2013 many still depend heavily on rain water? In a radius of 2-4km u might not find tap water,also note that due to the topography of the area during dry season the well completely dries up. During dry season families with gallons on their head will trek miles sometimes stay in queue over the night with their children waiting for the tap to run or u buy gallon of water from private water suppliers if u're bouyant enough,just spend 2weeks during the dry season in otukpo when u return to ur base you'll appreciate water more than life itself.
As for the general hospital,its an eye-sore,weed overtaking sections of the hospital,zero facility. The only good thing Mark has done for the idomas is by placing them government jobs including uniformed jobs too,Sss,prisons,police,customs etc. Infact the indigenes are generally poor,most big businesses or big stores in Otukpo are owned by the Igbos who are also landlords too.

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by TVTKOKO(m): 9:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Ucheosefoh: foolishness is written all over his comment that is how tribalism have becloud their sense of reasoning
very stupid of u. Are u pained by that post?of cause u knw dats true
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014:
They are 3 major tribes in Benue; Tiv,Idoma,Igede. Otukpo indigenes are majorly Idomas then few other tribes mostly Igedes.The Igedes are mostly from Oju local government.
That explains a lot.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014:
They are 3 major tribes in Benue; Tiv,Idoma,Igede. Otukpo indigenes are majorly Idomas then few other tribes mostly Igedes.The Igedes are mostly from Oju local government. For those saying that those prominent men can't do much,that's a big lie. Nobody expects a sleepy town like Otukpo to have beautiful mansions dotted all over,we are saying these so-called big boys can influence the siting of basic social amenities such as pipe-borne water,major routes should be in good condition,good health care etc. It will interest u to know that the road from Makurdi to Otukpo is in bad condition even David Mark flies into his compound with chopper most times. The road from Enugu-otukpo Express especially the ugbokolo,otukpa... Parts are in despicable state. Water is a major problem in otukpo,can u believe that in 2013 many still depend heavily on rain water?
Thank you very much. Please if you have any picture upload it, its time to show the entire nation how wicked and selfish these political goons are.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
Can we stop posting pictures of cities in Nigeria which is not even on par with Angola or any of our fellow OPEC member countries. We should keep posting and exposing the neglect of these villages by our political class.

There is a particular village I went to at Enugu to cover an event. Meh, it was horrible, from bad roads to lack of basic amenities. The most annoying part is that, this village is just 20minutes away from their state capital.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
kel4soft: Can we stop posting pictures of cities in Nigeria which is not even on par with Angola or any of our fellow OPEC member countries. We should keep posting and exposing the neglect of these villages by our political class.

There is a particular village I went to at Enugu to cover an event. Meh, it was horrible, from bad roads to lack of basic amenities. The most annoying part is that, this village is just 20minutes away from their state capital.

What's the name of the village? I just hope it's not my village.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by dayokanu(m): 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
ebucha: is Orlu the capital of Imo state?, but it is growing. Or may be the ever developing Auchi is now the capital of Edo state. Leave talk I beg

Orlu is in Imo State under APC

Auchi is in Edo state under APC
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Homebaked: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
@Poster, it is easy to lay the blame for the lack of development of Otukpo on the elite. They are indeed a greedy bunch. From another perspective, these men are part and parcel of the society. The entire idoma people are in one way or the other responsible for the poor infrastructure. Imagine where a personal gift of a car is prefered to a collective agitation for good roads, or where employment of individuals into federal civil service is prefered to a revitalization of the rice industry in the town. Selfishness seems to be the problem. Recharge cards and fuel sell above the normal rates in Otukpo,this not the handiwork of the elites. The Idoma people must rise above personal interest and move towards the collective ones. That's my take.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by atlwireles: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
kel4soft: Can we stop posting pictures of cities in Nigeria which is not even on par with Angola or any of our fellow OPEC member countries. We should keep posting and exposing the neglect of these villages by our political class.

Afam asked you to name the Village.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
What's the name of the village? I just hope it's not my village.

Udi, that's the name they told me.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
kel4soft:

Udi, that's the name they told me.
Haba, Udi Hill is far from Enugu town na. I thought you were gonna name one of the villages just s stone throw from the town.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
zeelo2014: New GRA

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1490630_Otukpo-20130530-00146_jpg767dd52c184624eaf249d1f5cadc6d9b[/img]

Even the Dogs in Benue State are Ho|rny...
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Arosa(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
What are those dogs doing? grin
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by kel4soft: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Afam4eva:
Haba, Udi Hill is far from Enugu town na. I thought you were gonna name one of the villages just s stone throw from the town.

Afam, It wasn't up to to 20minutes from Enugu town. There was a hill we took before getting to the village.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by fajoren: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
na mumu them bi there.and they go vote em again
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by Olugbenger(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
Okija_juju:

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1490630_Otukpo-20130530-00146_jpg767dd52c184624eaf249d1f5cadc6d9b[/img]

Even the Dogs in Benue State are Ho|rny...

You this guy. grin grin grin
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by peterphd(m): 12:01am On Dec 31, 2013
Homebaked: @Poster, it is easy to lay the blame for the lack of development of Otukpo on the elite. They are indeed a greedy bunch. From another perspective, these men are part and parcel of the society. The entire idoma people are in one way or the other responsible for the poor infrastructure. Imagine where a personal gift of a car is prefered to a collective agitation for good roads, or where employment of individuals into federal civil service is prefered to a revitalization of the rice industry in the town. Selfishness seems to be the problem. Recharge cards and fuel sell above the normal rates in Otukpo,this not the handiwork of the elites. The Idoma people must rise above personal interest and move towards the collective ones. That's my take.

you're correct about the recharge card and fuel stuff. Fuel price was jacked from #97 to #120 just because of Christmas! Kai
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by peterphd(m): 12:07am On Dec 31, 2013
The guy with 2014 in his moniker is soooo correct. the new GRA is dotted with mansions.The roads are so bad, water is like gold here, even the monarch's palace is looking like s|hit! Vigilante groups go about harassing, intimidating and even killing youths based on hearsays and nothing gets done about it.The vigilante even demand drinks and money from families so as to release "suspects". Woulda uploaded pictures of the senate president's house but being labelled as a security threat and quizzed by the guards there isn't going to be funny.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 7:16am On Dec 31, 2013
Come oh. So after all the sofer and wahala I go through to make this post, Nairaland authority no wan make am front page? Una dey support and protect our thief politicians abi? If na Celeb them picture now we for don see am since yesteday.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by danot1030: 10:15am On Dec 31, 2013
rafindo: I ask shoul stealing frm d national coffers to develop their respectiv village, the best way to show how patriotic they are to the town.nigeria is truly a joke.
i cant think mor of coment from a fool, must u make coment?
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ketoprofen(m): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2013
dayokanu: 14 straight uninterrupted years of PDP rule in benue State.

Fresh air things

when ur Ibadan is hardly presentable, APC abi Acn cannot even use the differential face of Nigerian cities to win votes.
Cos theirs are only slums
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by IdomaLikita: 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
I Have Landed grin

Lemme Start by thanking the OP for doing a Job most Idomas should be doing-Highlighting the Squalor of our homeland for the World to see!
I have said it before and will keep saying it! Idoma Elite are the most Unserious in Nigeria!
Someone said he doesn't blame our politicians because they do not occupy executive posts hence cannot influence policies! Hellooooooo!
May I inform u that Benue is a Trilingual State! And Otukpo is the Capital of the other 2 Tribes! (Makurdi belongs to the Tivs!)Hence every Idoma man owes it as a point of Duty to own a Property in Otukpo(which surprisingly they've done to a reasonable extent)!
David Mark receives Millions of Naira as a Senator to develop his constituency, yet he hasn't seen the Modernization of Otukpo as a Project to embark upon! If he were committed to tarring all the roads in Otukpo, he wudda done 99% by now (he's been senator of Zone C for more than 14yrs continuously)!
The annoying part is that Idoma men from hinterlands have done their part by investing heavily in Otukpo, building modern houses in the view of owning houses in their capital city, yet the politicians do not complement dia efforts!

The Dust in Otukpo would give the Gobi desert a run for its name!
The Only Polytechnic in Idomaland has no Single Strip of Asphalt in it (the 1st time I'm seeing an untarred higher institution)
There is no single school of nursing and midwifery in the Whole of Idomaland(so work out the maternal mortality rate)
As a Principal Officer in the Senate and d No.3 man in Govt. You could attract FG Govt attention to this Old Railway town so they can help!
None of the idoma politicians have any tangible investment that employs otukpo people (the golf course is 13km from otukpo and run by foreigners)

Anybody who rallies Idoma people to conscientize them ends up being threatened! The names of all the people that attend such rallies are copied and sent to the senator!

Infact! The Idoma Race is besieged! HELP!!!

2 Likes

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Idoma Likita: I Have Landed grin

Lemme Start by thanking the OP for doing a Job most Idomas should be doing-Highlighting the Squalor of our homeland for the World to see!
I have said it before and will keep saying it! Idoma Elite are the most Unserious in Nigeria!
Someone said he doesn't blame our politicians because they do not occupy executive posts hence cannot influence policies! Hellooooooo!
May I inform u that Benue is a Trilingual State! And Otukpo is the Capital of the other 2 Tribes! (Makurdi belongs to the Tivs!)Hence every Idoma man owes it as a point of Duty to own a Property in Otukpo(which surprisingly they've done to a reasonable extent)!
David Mark receives Millions of Naira as a Senator to develop his constituency, yet he hasn't seen the Modernization of Otukpo as a Project to embark upon! If he were committed to tarring all the roads in Otukpo, he wudda done 99% by now (he's been senator of Zone C for more than 14yrs continuously)!
The annoying part is that Idoma men from hinterlands have done their part by investing heavily in Otukpo, building modern houses in the view of owning houses in their capital city, yet the politicians do not complement dia efforts!

The Dust in Otukpo would give the Gobi desert a run for its name!
The Only Polytechnic in Idomaland has no Single Strip of Asphalt in it (the 1st time I'm seeing an untarred higher institution)
There is no single school of nursing and midwifery in the Whole of Idomaland(so work out the maternal mortality rate)
As a Principal Officer in the Senate and d No.3 man in Govt. You could attract FG Govt attention to this Old Railway town so they can help!
None of the idoma politicians have any tangible investment that employs otukpo people (the golf course is 13km from otukpo and run by foreigners)

Anybody who rallies Idoma people to conscientize them ends up being threatened! The names of all the people that attend such rallies are copied and sent to the senator!

Infact! The Idoma Race is besieged! HELP!!!
may God bless you my brother. I am telling you my brother that we as Idomas must wake up. The marginalization is every where that even this laborious post never made made front page.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Orlu is in Imo State under APC

Auchi is in Edo state under APC
I see!
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by IdomaLikita: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Senator Afameva, I recognize how powerful you are on NL *Prostrating Flat Yoruba-Style*! Could you please use your Good Office to influence the Movement of this Thread to Frontpage?

Abi Idoma Politicians don give you money to Marginalize us further? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by ebucha: 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Idoma Likita: Senator Afameva, I recognize how powerful you are on NL *Prostrating Flat Yoruba-Style*! Could you please use your Good Office to influence the Movement of this Thread to Frontpage?

Abi Idoma Politicians don give you money to Marginalize us further? cheesy

if I tell you I am not surprised, I lie.
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by saintneo(m): 3:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
kel4soft:

Afam, It wasn't up to to 20minutes from Enugu town. There was a hill we took before getting to the village.

Is Chime not from Udi?
Re: Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
ketoprofen:

when ur Ibadan is hardly presentable, APC abi Acn cannot even use the differential face of Nigerian cities to win votes.
Cos theirs are only slums

I can bet the most succesful man in your village, Town City and state lives in the SW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Best Cities Challenge (join Poll Now) / Yoruba Nation...whats Your Problem With Igbos / Nigeria Yet To Attain Self-sufficiency In Rice Production, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.