Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies (864 Views)

FG Pay Upgrade Agreement With Doctors Should Be Halted. / Male Doctors Should Stop Pertaking In Pregnancy Check Up. / Nigerian Doctors Should Be Killed By Hanging For Practicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
Just noticed something:
I check my blood pressure while I lies on my bed, it reads 163/110 which is beyond normal state, had if been its in the hospital, I will be set on high blood medicines, but 2munites when I sit, I checked it again and it reads 120/80 which is normal, that makes me remember 2year ago, when my step-mom undergoes surgery in ATBU-TH and she spend 4days not knowing what is happening in the world, because they keep giving her high-blood pressure treatment, as a result of blood pressure miss-reading, but when our inlaw(a Doctor), stops us from giving her the medicines, she start to recovers, and later it was open that their blood pressure reader is not working as it should be. So Doctors please take note of this and make sure your instruments are always good, also, I'll advice people to have such kind of instruments for safety purposes.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Usbeel: Just noticed something:
I check my blood pressure while I lies on my bed, it reads 163/110 which is beyond normal state, had if been its in the hospital, I will be set on high blood medicines, but 2munites when I sit, I checked it again and it reads 120/80 which is normal, that makes me remember 2year ago, when my step-mom undergoes surgery in ATBU-TH and she spend 4days not knowing what is happening in the world, because they keep giving her hypertension treatment, as a result of blood pressure miss-reading, but when our inlaw(a Doctor), stops us from giving her the medicines, she start to recovers, and later it was open that their blood pressure reader is not working as it should be. So Doctors please take note of this and make sure your instruments are always good, also, I'll advice people to have such kind of instruments for safety purposes.

digital equipment could give error at time. bp can be taken in lying and sitting position but machine must be at level.of heart.
Re: Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2013
thepathologist:

digital equipment could give error at time. bp can be taken in lying and sitting position but machine must be at level.of heart.
Thanks 4d info cool
(New lesson learned)
Re: Doctors Should Stop Checking Blood Pressure While Patients Lies by Watermelon(m): 11:11pm On Dec 30, 2013
Oga Usbeel, Hypertension is not diagnosed from a one-off elevated blood pressure, and no doctor will commence treatment based on the afore mentioned, more so, blood pressure varies with changes in posture, and physical activities.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

#EBOLA# Scientist Abide By The Herbalitcial Way Of Eradicating Ebola. / Food That Help Fight Ebola And Any Other Disease / #endnmanigeriastrikenow#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.