Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (65767 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / APC drops Fashola As potential Vice Presidential Candidate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by bnovative(m): 12:03am On Jan 02, 2014
Gamji007:

I'm not a tribalist, but it seems so. The only time a SEastherner became president,his biased policie made the country on a brink of collapse. Now the SS has it and we are experiencing the same thing.
The SS nd SE aren't good administrators- FACT.
Maybe u will educate me: how did Nigeria get to this bottom and what has been the role of the north and western Nigeria? pls present verifiable facts, no insult.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Rexyl(m): 6:58am On Jan 02, 2014
hmmm... imminent change of leadership of the house of rep ... but Tambuwa not to be affected... hypocrisy envelopes Nigerian democracy. People are watching ... They can't all be fooled at all time.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by lekkie073(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2014
rhymz: He did it last time and will do it again with the way Yorubas continue to underestimate the man. He has demystified the SW propaganda of being a power bloc to reckon with....if not for the 25 percent requirement from every state, if we were to remove the votes from the SW...lol, nigga, Jonathan still would have won that election clearly.,... majority of the said votes from the SW is from Lagos and we all know the people that constituted a sizeable chunk of those votes, it was not even the Yoruba voting population, so stop deluding yourself with such preposterous claims of the SW determining who is going to win, the SW and North can not single handedly put anyone in ASO rock.

Let me tell you a fact that a political newbie like you does not understand, Jonathan has the advantage of a bloc vote from the Eastern region, something no candidate in the APC is capable of, all he needs to do in the SW and North is get the required 25 percent and coast back to aso rock....what do you know anyway, my prayer is that you guyz should field in the likes of Tambuwal and Buhari, it can noy get any easier than that...lol.. yorubas are indeed the egberi papa of Nigeria my ass yet they were made inconsequential in the last election .....they had no choice than to tag along with the winning team....
eastern region politics is not mature yet. a look at the recently held election in anambra is a point of note. the regional party could not win easily. up to the point of the election being ran twice. apga existed before CPC but at the last general elections, CPC gathered more votes and had more representation in the two chambers of the legislature. as at 2003, the PDP controlled 5 out of 6 Yoruba states. this was achieved as a result of an influential Yoruba man (obj) leading the PDP party. when obj left the leadership of the PDP, the yorubas went back to the status quo and recollected 4 states lost to PDP. now, PDP is virtually non-existence in yorubaland. the only important PDP member in sw is no more with the party. APC as a coalition of acn and cpc have infiltrated the south east(through Rochas) and south south(through amechi). can apga infiltrate any other region? no. because they r still not politically matured for such maneuvers.

1 Like

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Olril18(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2014
rhymz: He did it last time and will do it again with the way Yorubas continue to underestimate the man. He has demystified the SW propaganda of being a power bloc to reckon with....if not for the 25 percent requirement from every state, if we were to remove the votes from the SW...lol, nigga, Jonathan still would have won that election clearly.,... majority of the said votes from the SW is from Lagos and we all know the people that constituted a sizeable chunk of those votes, it was not even the Yoruba voting population, so stop deluding yourself with such preposterous claims of the SW determining who is going to win, the SW and North can not single handedly put anyone in ASO rock.

Let me tell you a fact that a political newbie like you does not understand, Jonathan has the advantage of a bloc vote from the Eastern region, something no candidate in the APC is capable of, all he needs to do in the SW and North is get the required 25 percent and coast back to aso rock....what do you know anyway, my prayer is that you guyz should field in the likes of Tambuwal and Buhari, it can noy get any easier than that...lol.. yorubas are indeed the egberi papa of Nigeria my ass yet they were made inconsequential in the last election .....they had no choice than to tag along with the winning team....
u will wake up in 2015.....arindin !
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by emmasege: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2014
And someone says APC is better than PDP. They wouldn't conduct primaries, all u hear is that someone has been picked. What's progressive or democratic about a party that will not allow interested members in a position to freely contest. And have they written off all their own (stolen and smuggled-in) politicians as being good enough for Aso rock. If the permutation is as I think, then it's obvious GEJ will win 2105 with or without rigging.
Nigeria is not ready for a Northern Muslim presidency, not until BH have sheathed their swords! Tambuwal will definitely win the n/west and parts of the n/east but definitely not the s/west and the middle belt.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by POTUT(m): 10:25am On Jan 02, 2014
Gamji007:

I'm not a tribalist, but it seems so. The only time a SEastherner became president,his biased policie made the country on a brink of collapse. Now the SS has it and we are experiencing the same thing.

I'm not a tribalist, but it seems so.
The only time SW was elected president, he threw this nation into perpetual fuel scarcity, playing hide and seek with pump price while doubling as petroleum minister. He thought it wise to pay off debts while infrastructure and manufacturing, (including the power sector for which he embezzled $16 billion) were allowed to die, sectors that could have earned forex for us.
All the times the north have been head of state, they literally ran our economy into the ground, making this place one of the worst places to live in. The SW and the North are not just good administrators - FACT.

2 Likes

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by shogz89: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2014
POTUT:

I'm not a tribalist, but it seems so.
The only time SW was elected president, he threw this nation into perpetual fuel scarcity, playing hide and seek with pump price while doubling as petroleum minister. He thought it wise to pay off debts while infrastructure and manufacturing, (including the power sector for which he embezzled $16 billion) were allowed to die, sectors that could have earned forex for us.
All the times the north have been head of state, they literally ran our economy into the ground, making this place one of the worst places to live in. The SW and the North are not just good administrators - FACT.
Am not a tribalist, but it seems so
Obj might not be the best in performance but he did something of note,, bokoharam won't have been in existence, he made it possible for you to post comment through your phone.... What has jona don in particular.... 1/jan/2013 fuel subsidy that left people stranded in their village,, 1/jan/2014 increase in import duties for cars,,,, u said SW and N are not good administrators, tell me what jona has administrated.... And please don't tell me SE is an option cause they won't do better
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by patriotic007: 11:09am On Jan 02, 2014
enigma_otr:
Tell that to Asari Dokubo.
But asari dokumbo was not involved in the death of corpers in the north because a particular party did not win o
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by POTUT(m): 12:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
@shogz89,
If only you could identify satire and sarcasm more quickly.
Besides, the evaluation if a president cannot be done based on occurrences of fuel scarcity.
Obj was as bad as his predecessors. Same goes for Gej. This is like two men sitting at adjacent toilets and screaming over the tips of their voices how one man's poo is smelling more than the other man's. As long as the political system that produces our politicians subsists, we will continue to have poor and inadequate leaders.
You may quit being tribalistic, at your convenience. It won't change the facts.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by yetunsbay(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
emmasege: And someone says APC is better than PDP. They wouldn't conduct primaries, all u hear is that someone has been picked. What's progressive or democratic about a party that will not allow interested members in a position to freely contest. And have they written off all their own (stolen and smuggled-in) politicians as being good enough for Aso rock. If the permutation is as I think, then it's obvious GEJ will win 2105 with or without rigging.
Nigeria is not ready for a Northern Muslim presidency, not until BH have sheathed their swords! Tambuwal will definitely win the n/west and parts of the n/east but definitely not the s/west and the middle belt.
answer these and pls no insult:
1.does dis present FG administratn support corrupt or nt? buttress ur point
2.why wudnt Tambuwal win SW and MB?
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by fred06: 12:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
tambuwal/oshiomole ticket will be marketable.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by omolobaojo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
GEJ is the next president
No amount of alliance will defeat him.

1 Like

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by meforyou1(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2014
fred06: tambuwal/oshiomole ticket will be marketable.
2 Muslims. That will be fall like sands scattered in the face of a strong wind. As iyabo said of obasanjo, for us the Igbos, it will be our way or the highway.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by meforyou1(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
yetunsbay: answer these and pls no insult:
tambuwal will not even win sokoto and kebbi states. Let's wait till 2015

1 Like

Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by funshint(m): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
me_for_you: tambuwal will not even win sokoto and kebbi states. Let's wait till 2015
Tambuwal will win d whole of SW, North, Edo, Rivers and Imo
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Simonet: 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
At least shows they are willing to make a new beginning.

Time to leave the likes of Buhari and Atiku behind!
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by rafcrown(m): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
APC+PDP=
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by rafcrown(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
WHAT ARE THE POLITICAL IMPLICATIONS OF PDP MEMBERS NOW IN APC?
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by kizzybalze(m): 11:17am On Jan 03, 2014
Stories based on speculations......APC is 'not' built on ''concession'' rather merits and antecendences.....NO body is an ANOINTED candidate....
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by shogz89: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2014
POTUT: @shogz89,
If only you could identify satire and sarcasm more quickly.
Besides, the evaluation if a president cannot be done based on occurrences of fuel scarcity.
Obj was as bad as his predecessors. Same goes for Gej. This is like two men sitting at adjacent toilets and screaming over the tips of their voices how one man's poo is smelling more than the other man's. As long as the political system that produces our politicians subsists, we will continue to have poor and inadequate leaders.
You may quit being tribalistic, at your convenience. It won't change the facts.
if this was what you said earlier on ,. i wouldnt have said anything because i know they are all birds of the same feathers
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by UncleChybyke: 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
Gamji007:

u re a fool, if only Nigeria can survival 2014.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Rexyl(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
Stop blaming one section of the country for its inability to make good administrator. All sections have equally failed Nigerians. All sections are at fault, be it the whole North or the whole South... Our Leaders are not loyal... Likewise many citizens are cruel and not loyal...
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by emmasege: 8:58am On Jan 04, 2014
In your dream. S/west people r the most sophisticated folks in Nigeria when it comes to elections. Even the so-called progressives in the zone know they are definitely going to lose some gubernatorial seats on and b4 2015. Some of us believe second term governors are only out to mark time and please their cronies and sponsors.
Back to the issue of Tambuwal. U can place a belt on it and refer to this thread if after 2015 he wins the s/west. In Yoruba land, we are not docile and dogmatic. Even the thiefnubus know that!. We know when and whom to fraternise with. GEJ may not be popular again in the s/west but i still think this does not automatically deliver the zone to a Hausa/Fulani man, not until they have found a solution to BH insurgency in their region.
funshint:
Tambuwal will win d whole of SW, North, Edo, Rivers and Imo
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by emmasege: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2014
God will spare us beyond 2015 if there's still a Nigeria and there'd be election. Then, u will know what we call s/west. Thiefnubus know that they can only control his APC folks and not the Yoruba race. The North (Muslim North in particular) has lost the sympathy of majority of Nigerians, and Yorubas being the most intelligent race in the country will once again determine who occupies Aso rock in 2015. Olorun a so wa ju igba yen lo. I rest my case.
yetunsbay: answer these and pls no insult:
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by anneedu: 11:48pm On Mar 22, 2015
I've loads of handkerchiefs for APC, their evils are befallen them. PDP rules.
Re: APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? by Pasca07: 9:48am On Apr 04, 2015
omolobaojo:
GEJ is the next president
No amount of alliance will defeat him.
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ronnie Dankabo And Halima Sheriff's Pre-wedding Photos / COVID-19: Taskforce Scatters Traditional Gattering Of Umuada (Video) / Babachir David Lawal, The SGF: Profile And Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.