Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69430 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 4:00am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

If Akwa ibomites and Cross Riverians are now south easterners.

i wonder what Abians and Imolites wld be undecided
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 4:14am On Jan 05, 2014
swhiss: I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it ) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.

Non-entity hiding under the auspices of ibo to promote his perplexing hausa lingo angry

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by endlexcomputers: 4:21am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is a Nigerian Language spoken by the South Eastern people of Akwa Ibom & Cross River.

Ibibio is spoken in Akwa Ibom while Efik is spoken in Cross River.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by MRL1MPoPoTM: 4:24am On Jan 05, 2014
poster in iboland, ala doesn't only mean bossom, it also connotes LAND . . .get vhat into your thick-skull.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by talk2s(m): 4:55am On Jan 05, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Without a doubt Hausa is the easiest
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by LBT: 5:29am On Jan 05, 2014
swhiss: I'm an Igbo guy
Hausa is the easiest Naija language to learn and
Yoruba is the hardest (sounds like they are
fighting,too much Yoruba Yoruba , trust me you don't
want to learn it ) ,the accents and emphasis in Igbo
and Yoruba will cause a learner to bite his tongue.
Hausa is more free flowing,very romantic sounding
and is very light on the tongue.
Yoruba language is the easiest and fastest to learn followed by hausa but Igbo is a language high on vocal cord; igbo when spoken where Yoruba & Hausa is spoken makes you feel like the igbo language is a funny language, a language of every day quarrel: check out the odd sounds you hear when ibo(igbo) is being spoken. We have more whites speaking Yoruba than any other Nigerian language even to point that non Nigerian become very happy when they hear that you are Yoruba overseas. Let me ask you how many hausa or fulani speak igbo or even non igbos? But Yoruba is spoken by millions of non Yorubas and yorubas treat you like one of them more if you speak a little of their language: to rest my case; I have travelled all over Nigeria not to mention outside our beloved country & I have heard & also saw non yorubas speaking yoruba in very remote areas of Nigeria. Abeg stop your bad belle.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 05, 2014
AdannayaBella:
What do you mean by the typical main Igbo are found in Imo state? Are the Igbos or Igbo dialects from Anambra, Enugu, Abia, Delta and Ebonyi fake? undecided

Also, Ala/Ara can mean either bréast or madness. It is just different dialects. Some places say Ala while some say Ara but they both mean the same thing, bréast or madness, depending on the context in which it is used.
hv u heard of central igbo??thats wah he was pointing at. ..imo state's igbo is the most simplest and less complicated. ..ll be easily understood by all the states u mentioned above. ...I think it was called igbo izugbe back in my school days..anambra ll be speaking ...anam amu amu....nkewa nkewa and all that. ..with their inborn replacement of the letter r with L and vice versa, , which they hv even extended to their English. ...
ebonyi na no go area oo...dm go sell u for ur front without u comprehending a single word. ..same with nkalagu n isi agu...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ROCKJ1(m): 5:56am On Jan 05, 2014
Hausa is very easy to learn. The hardest is the Igbo language. In igbo language one word can have 4 different meanings due to d tone. Its so hard that even the igbo's add a lot of English when they speak to make it easier.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:00am On Jan 05, 2014
ROCK-J:
Hausa is very easy to learn. The hardest is the Igbo language. In igbo language one word can have 4 different meanings due to d tone. Its so hard that even the igbo's add a lot of English when they speak to make it easier.

Easiest is Hausa yes,hardest is Efik /Ibibio
They have a lot of nasal words
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Niyomi(m): 6:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba language
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI:

Ibibio is spoken by just the people of Akwa Ibom state. And DAT should be South south.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 05, 2014
I think Pidgin English is. grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by makzeze: 6:25am On Jan 05, 2014
Kanuri. Kanuri is a language spoken in north east nigeria with majority in borno and yobe states.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 05, 2014
Epie is the easiest language in Nigeria... try it and see for yourself.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Lafiagi07: 6:33am On Jan 05, 2014
The simplest lang.is hausa followed by nupe,dats all.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by ezeagu(m): 6:40am On Jan 05, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

It's called geography.

ROCK-J:

That's not the reason English is added a lot. The reason is Westernisation and the impact of English as language of instruction and education.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by pazienza(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:

The old Cross river state comprising of current cross river and Akwa ibom states, used to be known as South Eastern state, the current South Eastern states was known as East Central state then. But along the line, South Eastern state became remained as Cross river state, and Cross river state later fragmented into current Cross river state and Akwa ibom state. While East central state fragmented serially into Anambra and Imo, Abia and Enugu, and then Ebonyi. All these fragments of old East central state, would come to be known as South Easttern states, instead of East central states, in doing this, they took the name which rightfully belongs to Akwaibom and Cross river states, as those two states are the true South Eastern states, geographically speaking.

Our Education system is messed up, these are things that should be taught in our secondary school history class, but they are not. Further proof why Nigeria will never work, citizens who know nothing about the pasts of their country, such anomaly can only be obtainable in a zoo republic.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by fyneboi79(m): 6:46am On Jan 05, 2014
Criminal Ibos: [size=20pt]Yoruba sweet language..! I always feel happy whenever i remember i'm a Yoruba boy..! [/size]
Ur Fada!!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by kraftyiyk: 6:48am On Jan 05, 2014
ability to learn and perfect languages depends on how developed a part of your your brain called the language center is. cool, this is irrespective of your tribe.
it's amazing how peeps who havent been to other parts of the country tells you that those languages are easy, or hard, brother, it's an individual thing, no language is impossible, after all, Nigerians who stayed in China can speak that odd language that has got well over 200 alphabets shocked shocked : .
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by donpope1(m): 6:52am On Jan 05, 2014
jmoore:

Don't kill your father ohh....
you dey mind the ba.stard, he is just another fake handle...
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 05, 2014
LBT: Yoruba language is the easiest and fastest to learn followed by hausa but Igbo is a language high on vocal cord; igbo when spoken where Yoruba & Hausa is spoken makes you feel like the igbo language is a funny language, a language of every day quarrel: check out the odd sounds you hear when ibo(igbo) is being spoken. We have more whites speaking Yoruba than any other Nigerian language even to point that non Nigerian become very happy when they hear that you are Yoruba overseas. Let me ask you how many hausa or fulani speak igbo or even non igbos? But Yoruba is spoken by millions of non Yorubas and yorubas treat you like one of them more if you speak a little of their language: to rest my case; I have travelled all over Nigeria not to mention outside our beloved country & I have heard & also saw non yorubas speaking yoruba in very remote areas of Nigeria. Abeg stop your bad belle.

Even my brazillian friends on fb speak yoruba. Although u have to really put your ear down to understand! Got talking wiv one of them! They follow the "yoruba religion" never new there was a religion called yoruba religion. Its a mixture of allyoruba gods.

To the guy that said yoruba has not been spoken in any hollywood movie! Check bourne identity. The black man in that movie, adebisi is a yoruba man, he is also a prominent character in the series "Lost". Its not a yardstick but don't say what u don't no!

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by bank2k4real(m): 6:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by o42austino(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: running mad?

You mean psquare, don jazzy, dr sid, chidinma etc who are all igbos making hits in yoruba language run mad everytime they do that?
ur a big joke, tell me the song they sang in Yoruba that is a bigger hit more than the igbo ones? psquare who are d biggest act of them all biggest hits are all in igbo.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by yetunsbay(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2014
TribalEAST: Yoruba is the easiest dats why naija musicians sing in yoruba more than any other naija lingua.
wa gbayi.even d non-yorubas artiste assent to dat
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by o42austino(m): 7:13am On Jan 05, 2014
tintingz: P'square hit song then "Omoge mi" remember?
Bros, Psquare all time hit is ifunanya

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by omusiliyu(m): 7:14am On Jan 05, 2014
Yoruba... Owo mi da?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Austindark(m): 7:17am On Jan 05, 2014
ajoguegbe: Ezza in Ebonyi state. That's my language

if ur username is ezza, den u speak exactly d opposite
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by hybee607: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI: Ibibio is the easiest, very sweet
........use am rap with rhymes make we read....as e esay na

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Austindark(m): 7:23am On Jan 05, 2014
makzeze: Kanuri. Kanuri is a language spoken in north east nigeria with majority in borno and yobe states.

hmmmm so boko boys speak kanuri. maybe we shud learn it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.