Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? (69431 Views)

The Hardest of the 3 Major Language to Learn / Yoruba Language Is The Most Influential Nigerian Language Outside Nigeria. / Which Nigerian Language Is The Easiest To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Ayekotoo(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
gratiaeo:
See madness @ it peak! Please can you translate gan in yoruba language
gan literally means VERY in yoruba. stop being abusive and learn.

7 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by hybee607: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
All d nigerian languages is very easy to learn once u knw hw to speak them bt if u want to knw if ur language is hard or nt...take it to music level n rap with it n compare........in yorubaland here we av different types of yoruba music lyk..... fuji,apala,awurebe,ijala,juju,waka........dats little i can remember

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by grandstar(m): 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hausa should be the simpliest since its widely spoken in the even by non hausa tribes. Its even wiping out other languages in the north. It should carry the crown.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by gothrones(m): 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yoruba.

On the other hand, have you ever listened to a group of people speaking Igbo? It sounds as if a bunch of cavemen are conversing. How that language made it into a civilized world amazes me.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Vegasailin: 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
All languages are easy...the things U knw are always easy while the things U don't knw are always hard....everyone will claim his/her language is easy ,the only person that can judge is someone that can speak the three languages fluently

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=1000pt]H[/size]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=1000pt]A[/size]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=1000pt]U[/size]
[size=1000pt]S[/size]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Testerfuze(m): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
Maybe yoruba....dats why u hav films like mard,sholay,toofan,terminator,evil cut translated in yoruba.....why nt igbo?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=1000pt]A[/size]
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
gothrones: Yoruba.

On the other hand, have you ever listened to a group of people speaking Igbo? It sounds as if a bunch of cavemen are conversing. How that language made it into a civilized world amazes me.
really? cus yoruba sounds like they are fighting world war 3..... come see ODE

3 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Krizzkutz(m): 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Smh for nigerians . . D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ questn z bout easiest language . . And not what language do u speak . . Pffft

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by theripper3: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
Testerfuze: Maybe yoruba....dats why u hav films like mard,sholay,toofan,terminator,evil cut translated in yoruba.....why nt igbo?

Translated mainly cuz of the plethora of Agberos. They love indian movies like mad and obviously can't read the subtitles.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tonylyte(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
I dnt tink any language is harder or simplier than the other. If u dnt understand language, u cn neva undastand it until u learn it....same principle is applied to al the languages. It depends ön the ability of the person to learn faster...i live in asaba and trade in onitsha. I undastand and spk ibo fluently. Buh i wount say ibo is hard to learn or easy to learn....they are d same. Those that picking igbo, yoruba, hausa et al, are only been sentimental...been sentimental 2, i go 4 idoma the land of my ancestor.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
have u heard Yoruba in a Hollywood movie? Bt Igbo was spoken in xmen; wolverine's origin and the red sun

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by adeyrule(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
mr folu:
Na love, i married an Igbo myself, not that i did not see a beautiful woman from my tribe but i was in love then.
now u re not in love again abi
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by 500GP: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
Stop displaying ignorance to the world and learn when you're been taught by someone who's from Delta state. The languages spoken by natives in Delta state include but not limited to Igbo, Urhobo, Isoko, Ijaw and itsekiri. Only Itsekiri sounds like Yoruba but they're not even up to 7% of the population.

DON'T BE EVASIVE.. I AM VERY SURE ,YORUBA LANGUAGE IS A SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN DELTA

DO U KNOW THAT THERE IS OPC IN DELTA STATE? WHICH ITS ORIGIN IS ROOTED IN YORUBA LAND

THE ENMITY BETWEEN IGBO N: YORUBA WON'T LET U REVEAL THE TRUTH
ITSEKIRI ARE YORUBA
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by theripper3: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Feel hausa is the easiest. Served in the north for a year and can still converse in hausa till date with the little hausa pple I see around.

IGBO should be hardest for me though.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
duni04: I know Hausa people that speak Yoruba and Yoruba people that speak Hausa. I also know Ibo people that speak both Hausa and Yoruba but I've never seen or heard any Hausa or Yoruba person speak Ibo in my life. I'm sure its easy to learn but it sounds very difficult from the outside.

The reason you see an ibo man speaking both Hausa and yoruba.....and not seeing yoruba and Hausa ppl speak ibo is cos you hardly see a yoruba man in the south East and even when u see the hausa's they form some kinda union/bonding amongst themselves limiting interaction to only business dealings....but a couple of them still speak ibo ,when I was in awka,Anambra state we had a Musa guy that speaks ibo fluently, I was amazed ,also in Abuja there's a mustapha dude that refers himself as Obi ,speaks ibo fluently and most ibo ppl that have dealings in Kano solicits his help for their business....
All languages can be grasped as long u find Your self within a location where is spoken wella..I still think Hausa is simplest followed by yoruba...I won't place ibo anywhere cos its my mother tongue

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
5.00GP:

DON'T BE EVASIVE.. I AM VERY SURE ,YORUBA LANGUAGE IS A SPOKEN LANGUAGE IN DELTA

DO U KNOW THAT THERE IS OPC IN DELTA STATE? WHICH ITS ORIGIN IS ROOTED IN YORUBA LAND

THE ENMITY BETWEEN IGBO N: YORUBA WON'T LET U REVEAL THE TRUTH
ITSEKIRI ARE YORUBA
You should have just mentioned that you were referring to Itsekiri instead of dancing around. And like i said, Itsekiri is not up to 7% of Delta population and it's unwise to say that Yoruba is popular in Delta state.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Afam4eva(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
the_ripper3: Feel hausa is the easiest. Served in the north for a year and can still converse in hausa till date with the little hausa pple I see around.

IGBO should be hardest for me though.
Have you lived in the east?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
I speak yoruba and hausa fluently and I can tell you that yoruba is more simpler.........

Though it also depends on individual hearing ability(lite ear) some people learn other peoples language faster than anything

I know someone who learned to speak ibo within 3month of her stay in enugu......

I learned to speak igala from my neighbor
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by whistleme: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
Igbo is the language!
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Tonylyte(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2014

olodo! You are a 5star phool 4 posting dis.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Lilimax(f): 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2014
blink182:

Hausa is the easiest.
yeah Hausa language is the easiest. Igbo and Yoruba language are very hard.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by eluquenson(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yoruba is very easy and you can speak it eloquently

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
TVT KOKO: pls wat is ibibio?

that means u failed geography in waec?
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by whistleme: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2014

Tonylyte:
olodo! You are a 5star phool 4 posting dis.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by borntobegr8t(m): 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Chinese
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
Preboy: really? cus yoruba sounds like they are fighting world war 3..... come see ODE

ode is a yoruba word that means slowpoke.
Re: Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tobetoe: I must say dat English is among d world's easiest language and also its d most broad.. I believe until d advent of English to naija, we have been communicating better.. There ar still words which ar hard to translate frm English to our local lang. And frm our local lang. to English. I found it hard to know wat TABLE is called in IGBO(pls pls, can someone help me wit it). .xo English is easy and simple to learn.

Unlike our different dialect in niaja,for example ,my mom reads igbo Bible,but wen i looked at it,brotherly ,i tried to murmur out some words, it wasnt fun at all , ,I open dis thread to get to know our opinions on d easiest Nigerian lang.

I have lived in benin for 6 years,d bini lang. dat i know how to utter ar d greeting formalities ,dooo,domur sir,eeye wacoyo,worsunu and others, .i also believe ,assuming i had lived in d west,maybe i would being fluent in yoruba. . And my own language(igbo) nt dat easy oo,cos there ar many versions of igbo ,d typical main igbo ar found in Imo state, i speak little of anambra and delta igbo combined .i got dis problem be4. In ma town this two words ARA and ALA were misinterpreted as BREAST and MADNESS respectively,buh at my teenage time dat i found dat ARA means madness and ALA being breast. .common trend wit d igbo's and d yoruba's . . So Nlander's lets open d floor of d house, . D easiest Nigerian language to learn perfectly . .hmm, i got wit IGBO. .and wat do u y'all think of hausa,urhobo,isoko,bini,izon,and d host of others.
URHOBO IS D EASIEST, JST COME TO DELTA, MIGWO.. Abeg who understand urhobo for here make answer my egwe befoe i go answer am myself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

19 Young Virgins Initiated Into Womanhood In Okrika, Rivers State. Photos / Olori Sekinat-Elegushi Wife Of Oba Of Ikate Land [photos] / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.