Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (36749 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Xbee007(m): 11:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
GeneralShepherd:
Back in the day when smart people roamed the religion section.
That is true, great minds indeed. Most of them have either deactivated or stopped logging in.
I read every single post on this thread through the weekend and it was worth it. From the intelligent conversation of atheists to the feeble attempt of creationists to defend what is indefensible and their attempt to shove it down people's throat as proof of the existence of a supreme being.
Why should any right thinking person reconcile with the existence of a supreme being that purportedly threw his creatures out of heaven for merely eating an apple that he himself wouldn't eat? That watches his only son nailed to the cross and did nothing about it. That promises eternal damnation to his own children that disobey his commands.
All these religious books have biases. Like the Bible calls Israelites, apple of his eyes and the Qur'an says Arabic is the best language in the world. If I am going to ever be religious again, which I know is not possible, I will go for the religion of my forefathers not some Middle East sky daddies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Hear What Pope Francis Tells Buhari,other World Leaders / Pandemonium, As Fire Razes Oritsejafor’s Warri Church / Prophet Oladele Genesis Gives Widow Church Offering, Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.