Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! (37185 Views)

Atheism And Terrorism; Annihilation in The Quest For Atheistic Domination / 'Atheism And Spirituality' Can The Two Coexist? / I Renounce Atheism And Agnosticism!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by kambo(m): 11:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

I love my mum so much and will gladly become a sheeple for her to be happy

your mum is actually MANIPULATING YOU . You may not like my frankness but tht's the ugly truth.
Firstly, she wants you to accept God So that SHE not YOU will feel better (in this case "not go to an early grave"wink. So if you accept God it will be because of Her and how she feels not because of you and how you feel.
This is d same stinkg hypocrisy parents employ to get their children married "on time".
It's because their mates are all grand parents . Or their mates hav been giving them weddg invitations and everybody is wonderg when their own children will marry.
Even pastors who shud know better descend to this putridity.
Ask your mum if you shud accept God to please her or because you really want to?
What if she were dead? Mayb she'll make you swear to do her biddg.
God will not accept insincere repentance. If you dnt believe in Him or want anything to do with Him, He will NEVER FORCE YOU AGAINST YOUR WILL.
But if u die in ur sins, He has told you what ur fate is. The rest is up to you.
Dont accept God to please your mum. Such wrks may cut it with mummy but not with God.

5 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by mazaje(m): 2:37am On Jan 02, 2014
victwi: Very funny... People advertising their different religions. There are only two things that can happen... Either the one true God, the maker of heaven and earth, the one whose son is Jesus, arrests you like he did Paul. (in this case u will be very lucky) or whenever you die, you learn the very hard way that there is a God, who is a loving God and a consuming fire @ the same time.
I'd just say... Keep living your life, keep your mind open and if God pleases, he will reveal himself to you. As for your mum, she's one of the best mums on earth, I'm sure. kiss

Why do you keep telling lies, the one and only true god is allah. . .Believe in him and his last messenger mohammed or perish, you are own your own. . .if you need more information go get a copy of the words of allah(the koran) and be his slave. . .Don't say i didn't warn you about the impending danger you will face when you die for not accepting the only true religion and revelation that was given to mankind. . .. . .

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 02, 2014
victwi: Very funny... People advertising their different religions. There are only two things that can happen... Either the one true God, the maker of heaven and earth, the one whose son is Jesus, arrests you like he did Paul. (in this case u will be very lucky) or whenever you die, you learn the very hard way that there is a God, who is a loving God and a consuming fire @ the same time.
I'd just say... Keep living your life, keep your mind open and if God pleases, he will reveal himself to you. As for your mum, she's one of the best mums on earth, I'm sure. kiss

I pity you bruh!

I heard Allah's hell is way hotter than Yahweh's.

Be afraid bruh.. Be very afraid. grin grin.

5 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by harbiola1(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2014
^^ grin grin grin These atheists are crAzy.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by harbiola1(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2014
^^ grin grin grin These atheists are crA:zy.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Sunymoore(m): 9:38am On Jan 02, 2014
Thought a Muslim, but you make me lafff
:-)
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Sunymoore(m): 9:41am On Jan 02, 2014
@ oluafolabi You are too crazyyyy grin@ oluafolabi You are too crazyyyy
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by MeandSum: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
cold: You're all wrong. Shintoism is the only way & Shin tao[i][/i] is his messenger. You'll remember this post some day.
@op i feel you though. My mum is really unhappy with my godless state. Always appealing to me through,cajoling,emotional blackmails,coaxing etc. I just told her my mind is made up,no going back. She still thinks it's a phase that'll pass..sigh.
Anyways its 2014 & i'm looking for a new religion. Thus,my chart for clarification

Nice one! smiley I printed your chart and showed to my wife. She said it need an upgrade lol

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by oladistinct(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Guys ar just too crazy out here, imagine mazaje forming Mr muslim; lwkmd smiley wink grin
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Femmymata2(m): 11:17pm On Jan 02, 2014
There is nothing wrong pretending to be a christian inorder to make your mum happy. Its the easiest thing to do, its not going to hurt you.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hey dude. God exist i believe dat strongly and i Believe Jesus died for me nd u. Dude probably u hav had dat in scul dat God doesnt exist, hav u ever asked those Prof or Lecturer whether dey no everytin, dey jst tink nd tink nd come out nd say rubbish, mayb somewere in deir ignorance God exist or mayb dey r jst pretending in oda 2 look v.intelligent. Dude b wise. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2014
SAVED BABA: Hey dude. God exist i believe dat strongly and i Believe Jesus died for me nd u. Dude probably u hav had dat in scul dat God doesnt exist, hav u ever asked those Prof or Lecturer whether dey no everytin, dey jst tink nd tink nd come out nd say rubbish, mayb somewere in deir ignorance God exist or mayb dey r jst pretending in oda 2 look v.intelligent. Dude b wise. Thank you

who is this fellow?

Dude NElson Mandela sufferred more than the mythical jesus. He stayed in prison for decades. you should go worship him!

since you like worshipping men. .

17 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by victwi: 5:12am On Jan 03, 2014
oluafolabi:

I pity you bruh!

I heard Allah's hell is way hotter than Yahweh's.

Be afraid bruh.. Be very afraid. grin grin.
Lolllll lol. Allah.... Hmmmmmm.... Mohammed Hmmmmmm. #smh.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by victwi: 5:17am On Jan 03, 2014
I know one thing for sure.... Atheist spend so much time trying to convince themselves that there is no God..... When they have succeeded with that, they try to convince or rather confuse others, but within their subconsciousness, they know there is a God.

14 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by 2good(m): 6:02am On Jan 03, 2014
Your mum have her life and you have yours. I will tell you to disregard your mums feeling and try to get some satisfaction from this short life. As long as you are independent, just don't mind what she says except you want to see yourself as a hypocrite living your life for people while they are not ready to leave their religiosity for atheism. Your mums threat is a bluff and I think she is also selfish.

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by PastorOluT(m): 6:13am On Jan 03, 2014
MeandSum:

I don't intend to call you names. In fact, I respect your initial advice to him.
Why do you think I'll remember the post? trust me, I'll visit my doctor immediately if I start hearing voices. I'll not suddenly go "oh, my God, is that you?"

Sorry bro for misjudging u, I tot u are one of these regular NL/atheists who thrives on insults on any posts contrary to their stance.

Having said, Jesus/God is real n goes beyond the still small voices u made jest of. I said u will remember this post 'cos if u do not do the needful before death or Jesus comes, then u will have to answer for it.
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by GeneralShepherd(m): 6:56am On Jan 03, 2014
victwi: I know one thing for sure.... Atheist spend so much time trying to convince themselves that there is no God..... When they have succeeded with that, they try to convince or rather confuse others, but within their subconsciousness, they know there is a God.

How many atheists do you know in real life?

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by 2good(m): 7:16am On Jan 03, 2014
victwi: I know one thing for sure.... Atheist spend so much time trying to convince themselves that there is no God..... When they have succeeded with that, they try to convince or rather confuse others, but within their subconsciousness, they know there is a God.

So much ignorance and one of the consequence of religion. You guys just believe you know stuff with no evidence while your race continue to suffer in abject poverty worldwide because you all refuse to accept your ignorance when you don't know about something. The brain is in our head for reasoning and asking of questions rather than jumping into conclusion based on imagination.

6 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by truthislight: 7:36am On Jan 03, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Since I officially dumped the idea of a god, I haven't seen my parents. I went home this christmas,it was a wonderful holiday for me,little did I know my mum was hurting deep down inside!

She called me today being the 1st of January 2014 and started telling me how she asked Yahweh to give her a son after she had four girls(who are all married) which He did according to her. She told me how she has barely slept most nights in the pasy year because of my atheism. Also said it might lead her to her early grave if I continue living without god.

My dilemma is I can't pretend about god and the bible,yet I don't want my mum to die or have sleepless nights! When people read the bible the smile on face shows I don't believe any of it, when I try to pray I feel like I'm mad talking to myself or like a kid talking to Barney and friends!

How do I undo what has been done! How do I unknow what I know about god and religion? How do I ignore the inconsistencies?

^^^

What do you know about God ?

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2014
truthislight:

^^^

What do you know about God ?

Is this some sort of contest for you? I'm not interested in a god debate bro! Happy New Year man

1 Like

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by truthislight: 8:09am On Jan 03, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

Is this some sort of contest for you? I'm not interested in a god debate bro! Happy New Year man

Ok, since you dont know anything about God, i can understand now.

Good talking to you ?
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2014
truthislight:

Ok, since you dont know anything about God, i can understand now.

Good talking to you ?

Yes I know nothing about god! It was lovely talk to you
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by adino(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by THEPOLY11: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am so sure you are special made by GOD , and satan want you at all cost , it is profitable for satan for you not to beleive there is GOD or Satan.. Just open your mind, i beleive one day GOD will help you to know him and how to serve him.

I pray for your soul bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by POPEII: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
God hates three things/persons hypocrisy/hypocrites, apostasy/apostates, blasphemy/blasphemers .

Don't b a hypocrite, if you don't believe in God and his son don't pretend..thats for your own good
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by nduchucks: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
The idea that one stops believing that there is a God because one believes that God is cruel, is the dummest idea ever. If you believe that God allows bad things to happen to good people, and thus conclude that God does not exist, then you should be enlightened that believing that something does not exist, in of itself, confirms the existence of such a thing.

Conclusion: you must be a lazy mumu who decides that God does not exist because your analysis, done, with your limited brain, is fundamentally flawed.

5 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014

[b]I guess you are left with only one choice... PRETEND IN FRONT OF HER..

In my case, I was born into a Christian home, raised a Christian, my Dad became a pastor at some point, I also later became "born again" and started preaching and doing all that Christian stuff until one day... I slept woke up and read the bible and it all just stopped making any sense to me.. The more I tried, the less sense it made. I contacted a pastor and had a discussion that turned into a debate. He ended up telling me I was possessed by a demon.. grin prayer started to feel really silly to me, speaking in tongues started sounded like lunacy. In fact, everything just fell apart.. I was not influenced by friends or anything, I arrived here on my own.

Now my mum has basically given up on me.. My dad would not talk about it. My siblings are indifferent. My wife is neither for it nor does she stress me about it.

So all I do is go to church with my Dad whenever I visit. I avoid religious conversations with them or around them. I pray with them and do whatever's it is that pleases them. The fact that I am who I am does not mean I can't respect their feelings and way of life. None of us really know the answers to life..

So my guy, pretend when around them. That's my advice.

Thank me later.. The gods are wise..[/b]

13 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
Pastor Olu T:

Salvation is not just moral bro, for the fact that many that hold on to wrong concept of forgiveness doesn't change the truth. Jesus is the way, truth n life for no one comes to the father bt by Him.

NB I foresee u saying all sorts n calling me names bt that doesn't change a thing 'cos u will definitely remember this post some day.
mazaje:

There is no god but allah and mohammed is his messenger, my brother you are on the wrong path. . You will rot in allah's hell unless you believe in him and accept his religion which is islam. . .say what ever you want but you will definitely remember this post some day. . .
onetrack:

Nonsense....Krishna is going to torture you cruelly for eternity if you don't believe and follow him only....and his cruelty surpasses even the cruelty of Yahweh and Allah, and anyone with even the slightest bit of reason will agree with me. Now submit. And give me your money.
oluafolabi:
@Pastor Kun, Accept Hinduism, it is the true way.
I can bet you will remember this post someday.
Lmaoooooo!!!!!!! Epic. grin

5 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2014
I had this issue with my born-again wife some yrs ago, today she is a staunch atheist.
you don't need to pretend, she needs ur help to clear the cobwebs of religion. win by actions not argument, be a good example of what you are and always shine like LIGHT in the midst of brainwashed theists, it takes time and patience but its worth it, help her to open her third eyes and see that religion is a scam.

GL

4 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by ludot(m): 9:05pm On Jan 04, 2014

Tough one bro...

This story below is that of someone that went from being an atheist to a christian...

''Her marriage was marred by difficulties that included financial problems, as well as her husband's alcoholism and infidelities. Gresham often had drunken, violent outbursts where he assaulted his wife and children. Davidman wrote that her husband had telephoned her, one day in spring 1946, telling her that he was having a nervous breakdown, and didn't know when he would return home.[5][15] Afterwards, she suffered from a defeated emotional state.[4] She then had an experience that she described as: "for the first time my pride was forced to admit that I was not, after all, 'the master of my fate'. . . All my defenses – all the walls of arrogance and cocksureness and self-love behind which I had hid from God – went down momentarily – and God came in..'

You can read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joy_Davidman

2 Likes

Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by Smily202(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
My advise is....

Follow ur ways. .......until ur mum prayer is ans
Re: My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! by POPEII: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Okija_juju:

[b]I guess you are left with only one choice... PRETEND IN FRONT OF HER..

In my case, I was born into a Christian home, raised a Christian, my Dad became a pastor at some point, I also later became "born again" and started preaching and doing all that Christian stuff until one day... I slept woke up and read the bible and it all just stopped making any sense to me.. The more I tried, the less sense it made. I contacted a pastor and had a discussion that turned into a debate. He ended up telling me I was possessed by a demon.. grin prayer started to feel really silly to me, speaking in tongues started sounded like lunacy. In fact, everything just fell apart.. I was not influenced by friends or anything, I arrived here on my own.

Now my mum has basically given up on me.. My dad would not talk about it. My siblings are indifferent. My wife is neither for it nor does she stress me about it.

So all I do is go to church with my Dad whenever I visit. I avoid religious conversations with them or around them. I pray with them and do whatever's it is that pleases them. The fact that I am who I am does not mean I can't respect their feelings and way of life. None of us really know the answers to life..

So my guy, pretend when around them. That's my advice.

Thank me later.. The gods are wise..[/b]

So what are you now? An atheist or a pagan?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Speaks On Biafra, IPOB (Video) / Daddy Freeze Reacts To The RCCG Lady At BBNaija Audition / Vera Uwaila: Apostle Suleman To Give N1 Million To Any With Reliable Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.