Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,273 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare (28390 Views)

It's Official Burna Boy Is Breaking Guinness World Records With TECNO BOOM J7 / My Experience With Tecno Carlcare On Phone Swap. / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by carlvon: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
I share your concern. can be very painful not getting value for your money.
Am using a techno m3 for 3 months now and i think its functioning well since i got it.
Maybe a matter of luck or the older the better.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by lakefist(m): 3:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
well ever since i bought my n3(a yr old now) i havent got any problem with it ..many of u here that complain about carlcare knows fully well that they are trying their best and human being can never be satisfied even if you give them ur life dey will still complain.
many of u tampered with u fone doing unprofessional rooting and brick your fone,then u now come to nairaland to start critisizing..
"if ur head no use Tecno Go and Die"

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Shittaakeem(m): 5:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
@Op u bought a fake tecno phone. I've been using my m3 4 d past 4 months and I don't have any problem.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by s3nn2x(m): 8:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Exjoker: if u ask me dese questions:
wia is htc manufactured?
ansa:Taiwan
wia is Taiwan located?
ansa: at china's backyard...
Re u nau advertising for htc or wat?
by de way alot of phones manufacturer(lphone,nokia,samsung,) have dia manufacturin plant in china not even assembly plant...
tecno is been branded as de best chinese phone manufacturer ahead of huawei nd co
Hmmmm! I think you are taking this your analysis too far. Just because you use Tecno doesn't make it the best.
BTW, who 'branded' Tecno as the best Chinese phone manufacturer? A source would be much appreciated.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by superSsam(m): 11:39am On Jan 05, 2014
agitator:

This screen shot you posted here 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2013 look like Tecno?

https://www.nairaland.com/1157628/lets-see-phone-homescreen/4#14088779
Even tho I'm not obliged to dignify you with a reply, that screenshot was my blackberry curve 4, and I don't see how it affects this as the tecno ordeal happened several months later.
Secondly, that thread has absolutely nothing to do with your phone brand.
Pls be properly guided next time . This isn't politics naija style. Digging up dirt won't change facts

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by donem: 6:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
Nocojp:
my dear that's bad luck for you people, for me Tecno is the best android for now. I started using tecno android phone since 2012 without any faults, so if tecno phone didn't favour ur family you people can gently go for other products without talking rubbish
grin lol @ d bolded.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xtervaganza(m): 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
jreyez:

Soon bro soon.... smiley
no explanation, no analysis just negativity from you. You just went full re.tard
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by xtervaganza(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Exjoker: if u ask me dese questions:
wia is htc manufactured?
ansa:Taiwan
wia is Taiwan located?
ansa: at china's backyard...
Re u nau advertising for htc or wat?
by de way alot of phones manufacturer(lphone,nokia,samsung,) have dia manufacturin plant in china not even assembly plant...
tecno is been branded as de best chinese phone manufacturer ahead of huawei nd co
leave huawei out of this, Oga.

U know huawei have being in tech business b4 tecno came to life?

You know they are mainland china's biggest investor in the UK . their partners include; BT , orange , Vodafone, t mobile and O2........

Don't tell me tecno has a thing or business in UK.

I love tecno though, but let's not celebrate lies
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by aduku1(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2014
you can all watch the unboxing of tecno pad mini, for the review on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHHmk3DiXg
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by drkunleobilade: 12:16am On Jul 25, 2014
There is no product without problem. I was using Nokia C6, one of the best smart phones of its generation and had to take it to Nokia care center for about 3 times in its first year of use. Eventually, the phone was lost and I bought tecno P9. Six months have passed and no problem whatsoever. I think luck applies.
Devinitely , tecno is a very good product and tecno has come to stay as one of the best phone around.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Peterosifo1: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
pls do the change tecno phone casing e.g frm white to black at carlcare?
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Peterlious: 8:43am On Sep 16, 2014
pls brothers and sister my techno p5 has a i dont see my dictionary in my phone and i try to install another but saying bla bla bla error -24 pls help me
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by docsholz(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
xtervaganza: leave huawei out of this, Oga.

U know huawei have being in tech business b4 tecno came to life?

You know they are mainland china's biggest investor in the UK . their partners include; BT , orange , Vodafone, t mobile and O2........

Don't tell me tecno has a thing or business in UK.

I love tecno though, but let's not celebrate lies
don't mind the guy first time I'm hearing tecno is better than huawei, a company that competes with samsung,htc and co

Sent from my huawei ascend grin
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by typearls(f): 4:27am On Oct 02, 2014
I will just advice anyone not to go for any techno phone. I have been deleting, freeing up apps, losing information, rooting and all sort, just to have bbm ,whatsapp work on my phone. message error says frre up storage space even when there is enough storage. I even went to slot office where i bought the phone, they told me to bring N3000 to reinstall another operating system,don't want to go down that root as I am not sure they can do anything helpful. Imagine me paying N36,000 for a phone that will be out of service less tahn 4 months later,. Nothing beats a good nokia or samsung phone anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Carlcaresophia: 8:26am On Feb 26, 2015
superSsam:
I was thrilled when I just got my N7, shey its the techno peeps have been yammering about. It was all rosy until the phone just refused to power on after less than 2 months of careful use. I happily walked into a carlcare office armed with everything I could find about my phone so I wouldn't falter in any terms and conditions. After struggling to find the hidden office, I saw a crowd of customers cramped up in a tiny room waiting for their turn. Standing for about one hour after hours of searching for this office was far from what I bargained for. I was patient though. I gave them my phone and I was told to come back in two weeks time.

Two weeks came and passed and I even gave them a couple of days more to avoid excuses. The excuses are exactly what I got. I was told to return the next week coz my fone was sent to Lagos blah blah blah. I still obliged. Till date I haven't collected my phone (2months) because my phone hasn't thought it wise to return from it's Lagos trip. I checked it, the amount I have wasted embarking on this fruitless weekly voyage added to the original price of my techno would get me a clean, fairly used s3. My brother has a similar experience, after I convinced him to get on the techno platform he got the phantom a+. After less than two weeks the phone started acting up. Restarting and sometimes going completely off on it's own. Now I take the slack for it because I was the one who convinced him to get the phone.

This piece is coming from my HTC phone which I got for far less (fairly used) and gives me way more than my thecno. Here's my advice, if you want to get an android phone, don't go for a cheap China phone, you'll still pay the original cost of a good one way or the other and still end up with your crap. Wise up, save a little more and save yourself from disappointments!
We're very sorry for this kind of problem, could you pls tell us your phone number, IMEI number and work order number so that we can inform our colleagues to check it and then help you solve the problem. Thank you!
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by gboyetade: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2015
CarlCaresophia, Please let me know if i can mail my techno phantom tab with broken screen to you. I am very far from your closest center
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Carlcaresophia: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2015
gboyetade:
CarlCaresophia, Please let me know if i can mail my techno phantom tab with broken screen to you. I am very far from your closest center
Hi! Could you pls tell us the state and city you're living in now so that we can check whether we have phone collecting point there. Thank you!
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by gboyetade: 6:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
akure
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by rashydo: 9:17am On Apr 14, 2015
how much will it cost me to change tecno p5 to h7
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Sigou: 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2015
Carlcaresophia pls can carlcare reload gowin m6 that is bricked
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Carlcaresophia: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2015
Sigou:
Carlcaresophia pls can carlcare reload gowin m6 that is bricked

Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by sats: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2015
deejayharry1:
these are the faults one encounters gradually with an mtk device... i always warn against this.. not only tecno, but all mtk
false statement
pls stop misleading people
i use an mtk device
xtouch pf83
and i have no issue with it
and no
i didnt just buy it
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by francx(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2015
infinix hotnote pro stopped charging fast doesnt detected pc and restarts on its own. I took the fone to carl care at opebi and dey say dey dont hav the parts. If carl care doesnt hav d parts how am i supposed to fix it apart from dat they reduced the ram and rom to 1gig ram and 16gig respectively. And the fone is barely 2months.am regretting wasting my money on an infinix product. Any one who has a solution should help any one who is thinking of buying should not. Carl care has to be the worst customer care service eva
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Carlcaresophia: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2015
francx:
infinix hotnote pro stopped charging fast doesnt detected pc and restarts on its own. I took the fone to carl care at opebi and dey say dey dont hav the parts. If carl care doesnt hav d parts how am i supposed to fix it apart from dat they reduced the ram and rom to 1gig ram and 16gig respectively. And the fone is barely 2months.am regretting wasting my money on an infinix product. Any one who has a solution should help any one who is thinking of buying should not. Carl care has to be the worst customer care service eva
Hi Francx, we are sorry for this kind of problem. Please send us e-mail to "service@carlcare.com" and let us know your phone number, IMEI, work order number so that we can transfer your information to our colleagues to check the details. Thank you!
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Jaypea98: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Carlcaresophia:

Hi Francx, we are sorry for this kind of problem. Please send us e-mail to "service@carlcare.com" and let us know your phone number, IMEI, work order number so that we can transfer your information to our colleagues to check the details. Thank you!
Hello, i got a system
notification on my TECNO H5 which
read SD CARD DAMAGED ,Format
now.
I couldn't access any of my SD CARD
files so out if frustration, i tapped
the FORMAT icon.
Now the sad news is that ALL MY
FILES (APPS, MUSIC, PDFs
,VIDEOS,PICTURES ,SCREENSHOTS
etc) Are gone and i feel devastated .
Please can someone here help me
out by proffering a solution to the
issue ....
How i can i restore all my files from
the formated SD card ?
Please gurus in the house i need
your help......
Almost 7gig of important data
shouldn't be allowed to just
disappear just like that.
Thanks in anticipation .
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Carlcaresophia: 6:36am On Dec 08, 2015
Jaypea98:

Hello, i got a system
notification on my TECNO H5 which
read SD CARD DAMAGED ,Format
now.
I couldn't access any of my SD CARD
files so out if frustration, i tapped
the FORMAT icon.
Now the sad news is that ALL MY
FILES (APPS, MUSIC, PDFs
,VIDEOS,PICTURES ,SCREENSHOTS
etc) Are gone and i feel devastated .
Please can someone here help me
out by proffering a solution to the
issue ....
How i can i restore all my files from
the formated SD card ?
Please gurus in the house i need
your help......
Almost 7gig of important data
shouldn't be allowed to just
disappear just like that.
Thanks in anticipation .
Sorry, after format, the files can't be retrieved.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Popsicle: 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
I got an infinix X801 Joy pad 8s November 15 last year @ #19995 and it got broken February this year.

I took it for repairs at carlcare office here in Abuja where it stayed for over a month after paying o but it wasn't repaired cos the parts were not available. I retrieved it back and called repeatedly to know if they had the parts but received a negative response.

I called also to know if I could get a swap but was told no.

Just yesterday my husband went to Carlcare to fix another handset and he enquired again about the Joypad & he was told that things had changed and because the parts were still not available he could now swap but the device should still be within the13 month period of purchase and thankfully mine was still covered.

With happiness in my heart that I could get a replacement @ a reasonable cost, i got out my receipt and the Joypad and my husband took it to Carlcare and guess what, he was told they would swap it with an H8 @ #27000 (more than what I paid for the Joypad).

Pls o, is that how its meant to be cos right now I am furious at Carlcare cos they tossed me up and down through the months with different responses then now crown it up by telling me to pay more when my warranty is still valid.

Sorry for the long write up.
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by OlufemiOAP(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Tell me y I no go use Tecno again.Av used M3 ,H6, J7 now am rocking C5 .@OP gbe enu e soun ...If Tecno is not strong I won't still be buying their products ..As for the carlcare issue ...Carlcare services Tecno ,Infinix and I-tel so tell me why d eahla won't be too much
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by kolexepana: 9:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
OlufemiOAP:
Tell me y I no go use Tecno again.Av used M3 ,H6, J7 now am rocking C5 .@OP gbe enu e soun ...If Tecno is not strong I won't still be buying their products ..As for the carlcare issue ...Carlcare services Tecno ,Infinix and I-tel so tell me why d eahla won't be too much
Iwo ja'ntie
You sabi better thing
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by Godbest(m): 11:32am On Sep 06, 2016
Not only you bro i recently have issues with them too

https://www.nairaland.com/3330869/tecno-phone-scam-experiences-carlcare#49089267

Tecno Phone Scam: My Experiences in Carlcare Office in Wuse Abuja Nigeria

Carlcare Service Limited, is charged with the responsibility to provide professional service support to mobile phones and other electronic consumer products. Carlcare give support to android phones user provided such device has WARRANTY

My friends all knows me for one thing, my love for Tecno phones. I have this strange love for Tecno phone maybe it because it hardware are strong. Any time my friends decides to get at me they call me Mr Tecno. But with the latest treatment and behaviour I got from Carlcare staff at their office in Wuse Abuja. I have decided in my life or life to come never again will I use Tecno products. And also I will, from now on start advising everyone not to use Tecno product.

I use a Tecno D1E Phone, colour white which I bought new, tear nylon, tear rubber with full warranty seal. The phone presently have keypad problem some of it keys are not working, the volume key and camera key are also not working. I cant even type or send message with it and also the Touch screen is not working properly. I was advice by a friend to take it to Carlcare office which I humbly obeyed

On getting to Carlcare office (1st Floor, No.16 Gwani Street, off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, near King Care Hospital, FCT State, Abuja Nigeria), I was directed by the security man at the door, to get a ticket number.

After waiting like eternity, due to the lack of character and professionalism these Carlcare representative display while executing their job, they insult and shot-words at anyone who try to express frustration in the time wasting and sluggish manner they perform their task. It really got bad when an age woman try to speak out, she was bitterly insulted, poor woman I pity her!!!

When it got to my turn, I quickly walk up to the Carlcare representative lady that was position to attend to me, after smiley greeting her, I showed her my phone and explained my situation to her.

To my almost surprise the Carlcare lady look at me deeply, shake her head then burst in laugher , she called a friend explained to her my situation before I know it both of them start laughing.
I was irritated by their behaviour and embarrassed , I can’t just imagine, after spending my time and energy to come down here to seek solution to my phone problem the only thing I got was them laughing at me . The lady whose name I later learnt was JENNIFER, knowing I was beginning to get angry stopped laughing looked at me again then said I should go and buy another new phone, because they Carlcare can’t fix my phone and Tecno itself can’t fix it too. I ask her why she said my phone is an old phone and that they don’t fix old phones.

Now my augment and questions I got for Carlcare and Tecno is this
1. If Tecno D1E is an old phone, why are they still selling it in the market?
2. Why is Tecno as a company still producing it? when they know that once it get faulty there are noway it can be repair?
3. Why give me warranty on a device you know you can’t repair once it faulty
4. Are they telling me, if I buy any new Tecno phone once the phone last 2year with me I should just throw the phone away because it now an old phone? and if it develop fault, am on my own, because Carlcare and Tecno will not fix it.
5. How many year will a phone spend before they (Carlcare and Tecno) classified such phone model as OLD?
6. So if I want to be loyal to Tecno I will have to start changing phone every time? (Is that not foolishness and waste of resource?).

In Nokia Customer Care Centre where they fix damage phones, they repair all kind of phones model, be it new, old or aged provided such device still has it warranty on it, with that you are safe to buy and use their products. [b]So why is Tecno different!!!

I can’t just imagine I just wasted my time, money, life and energy in Carlcare office only for me to get such treatment. Little wonder, majority of android user prefer to go to unauthorised engineer or road side technician in order for them to fix their phones and devices.

The lady stood speechless, I just walked out because I wasn't happy at all...(Imagine, buying a new phone in this economy recession.)
Seriously I see this as a scam, yes #TecnoScammingNigerian #CarlcareScammingNigerian

Nigerian please beware. Run away from anything call Tecno
From Emma 08066517213

please help Mods.

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd44 and all Mod of life
Re: My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare by kevweb2b: 4:38am On Feb 17, 2017
dowlod all your media files for free
www-zonkewap-com/">http://trendebook.com/zonkewap-videos-games-zonkewap-music-www-zonkewap-com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is The Most Data Suppressing Android Web Browser / 4 Major Reasons Why Apple Must Slash The Prices Of The Iphone Now ! / 5 Unmistakable Signs You Are A Phone Addict...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.